PDA

View Full Version : Have the prelim at Whitten oval

Twodogs
17-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Would it be difficult to organise a screen big enough to watch the game on and get it up out on the ground at WO this week?

If the AFEL won't play the game at a venue big enough to house all the bulldog faithful that want to go then why don't we make use of our venue so the bulldog faithful who can't get to Sydney can watch the game together?

I reckon we would get a few thousand.

bulldogtragic
17-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Hopefully, and have a channel 7 camera there cutting to the supporters going nuts after every goal!!

HOSE B ROMERO
17-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Great thread TD. I've often thought the club should promote interstate games more at Whitten oval.
This could be huge. Thousands would go if you could have it on the oval. Big screens, food trucks, portaloos. This could be another wonderful innovation. Charge $5 or $20 family tickets if we have to. We could sit at home watching this on tv but i think we need to emulate the crowd feeling that was at the G last night.

LET'S GATHER THE PACK

bornadog
17-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Fantastic suggestion. Get a sausage sizzle going as well, invite some food vans and make it a big event.

Topdog
17-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know someone at the club to make this suggestion. Id be there

bornadog
17-09-2016, 07:19 PM

I will send an email to the Club Business Development Manager.

PS DONE

bulldogtragic
17-09-2016, 07:20 PM

Assuming thousands of us won't be able to get tickets courtesy of the AFEL, this is a great plan b.

Flamethrower
17-09-2016, 09:18 PM
When I read the heading I thought this thread would be about having our home prelim next year against the Plastics at Whitten Oval. :)

Eastdog
17-09-2016, 09:49 PM
When I read the heading I thought this thread would be about having our home prelim next year against the Plastics at Whitten Oval. :)

Yes that is what I thought and Whitten Oval would be a way better option. Grater Waste of Space need to suffer a bit first - it is too early for them to win a flag.

Twodogs
18-09-2016, 09:58 PM
Speaking of playing games at Whitten oval. It is great that is being used as a proper footy ground again. It was OK referring to it as the Training Ground for all those years but to see a team playing out of it call it their home ground just seems to make the old girl seem more complete. It will look proper good when they get the scoreboard up.

bornadog
19-09-2016, 09:42 AM
I will send an email to the Club Business Development Manager.

PS DONE

The club has got back to me and apparently the events team are putting something together. I don't know how big and what the details are.

bulldogtragic
19-09-2016, 09:44 AM
The club has got back to me and apparently the events team are putting something together. I don't know how big and what the details are.

The power you wield BAD. Like Kerry Packer pulling Doug Mulray's show!! :D

Topdog
19-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Good stuff BAD. I'm sure they'll post it on social media when it is all arranged but nice to have an update here.

ledge
19-09-2016, 06:01 PM
I always throw my ideas at the facilities manager ,Kippo when I'm at VFL games.

Twodogs
19-09-2016, 06:28 PM
He must enjoy that.

HOSE B ROMERO
21-09-2016, 06:49 PM

BAD, have you heard anything further on this?? Noticed on the website they've listed 6 random pubs but would be most disappointed if the club don't arrange something.

Twodogs
21-09-2016, 08:59 PM
BAD, have you heard anything further on this?? Noticed on the website they've listed 6 random pubs but would be most disappointed if the club don't arrange something.

Maybe it was too short notice or the ground is holding something else local league finals?

bornadog
21-09-2016, 11:21 PM

I was told they were trying to arrange two large screens, but haven't heard anything

Twodogs
21-09-2016, 11:29 PM
I was told they were trying to arrange two large screens, but haven't heard anything

We would have heard by now if it was going to happen. The other thing I thought was the Sun sometimes has outdoor screenings on New Year's Eve in Ballararat st but no time to organise it now.

aker39
06-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this but Caro has written an article saying a pre season game will be played at Whitten Oval.

Twodogs
06-12-2016, 11:08 PM
Bloody GWS.

Twodogs
06-12-2016, 11:11 PM

They ended up doing for the GF so they may not have been able to get it organised for the prelim.

SonofScray
12-12-2016, 09:10 PM
In retrospect Spotless felt like an alternate reality where we had a Russian billionaire buy VUWO and the tyre factory and surrounds, building a new stadium for our 30k die hard, rusted on local fan base. In my mind that scenario had us playing at a stadium that looked more like Fenway Park but it'd do the trick!