PDA

View Full Version : Watching Grand Final in U.S

DOG GOD
18-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Well guys, with only 1 game to win before the big dance, I'm now starting to sweat...as I head over to the u.s on the 26th for a 7 week trek. I will be in LA when the grand final is on....through tracking down info, it seems that only 1 channel (fox soccer plus) is showing the game live....just wondering if anyone knows if most hotels have this channel, or are there any sports bars around that show it....anyone had any previous experience grand final day in LA ? Any info would be greatly appreciated, as the dogs making the GF and being unable to see it would completely destroy me :(

bulldogtragic
18-09-2016, 09:55 AM
See if they have the 'Australia Channel'. If so, you're set.

Or, see if the AFL App. Will work over there and live stream it on a phone or iPad.

DOG GOD
18-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Thanks BT.....fingers crossed.

boydogs
18-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Probably not worth paying a year's subscription for one game but this site is probably the go for watching AFL from overseas

http://watchafl.afl.com.au/

DOG GOD
18-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Yeah thanks mate....just came across that....there is a finals package you can buy as well as a weekly, so will keep that in mind.

Also, just found out that the LA Dragons Aussie rules team is holding an event in Santa Monica for the GF. Entry is only $8. Would be cool to watch it on a big screen at least with like minded Aussie rules fans so will keep an eye on that.

Appreciate the replies guys.
This trip was booked in July 2015 way before I knew about the bye before the finals pushing the GF into October ;)