PDA

View Full Version : My dilemma

Mantis
19-09-2016, 11:37 AM
So after the 1997 PF I vowed that I will never wear a footy jumper to the game until we made a GF (I may have shared that before).. I have kept that same jumper in storage waiting for the day.

So now I'm at a point where I think I need to wear a footy jumper to this weeks game.. Decisions.

cinder
19-09-2016, 11:42 AM
That is a tough one. Very disciplined of you! I'm inclined to say, it's about time you dusted off the old jumper. This seems like our best chance yet to scare away those old demons!

Bulldog Joe
19-09-2016, 11:42 AM
I would wear it Mantis.

Not wearing it hasn't done much good in the last 19 years.

Doc26
19-09-2016, 12:01 PM
So after the 1997 PF I vowed that I will never wear a footy jumper to the game until we made a GF (I may have shared that before).. I have kept that same jumper in storage waiting for the day.

So now I'm at a point where I think I need to wear a footy jumper to this weeks game.. Decisions.

We need to show the boys all the support we can this Saturday against this heartless AFL contrived and fully backed machine.

As the old proverb goes, many drops of water make an ocean. I say drop your vow Mantis, show your colours and unite as one to send the plastics packing.

Ozza
19-09-2016, 12:07 PM
I don't think it will impact the result!

Dust it off!!

azabob
19-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Are you over 18 years old?

Topdog
19-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Dust it off, ive still got a VFL scarf that I swore to continue to wear it until we reached a GF. Its still going strong

Mantis
19-09-2016, 12:16 PM

More than double that.. I too have that rule.. But, there is a time & a place to break rules.

Bulldog Revolution
19-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Its time to break it out Mantis

My own rule is I will not go to a grand final until we are in it

For you, regardless of us making it to the GF or not, this is a bulldogs team to be proud of, like few others, and its going to be important to represent our colours at this game, perhaps like no other games in our history.

Yes, we will win or lose independent of your jumper - but I it is time for you to wear it. We'll never get over 1997, but we have to forge on. You wearing it is a tangible display of us all being ready to create bulldog history. And I feel confident this team will do us proud.

Personally, Ill be wearing my classic robodog jumper (from that 1997 era) with the number 4 on the back

Eastdog
19-09-2016, 12:40 PM
I don't think it will impact the result!

Dust it off!!

Same attitude as you Ozza on this. I say wear it Mantis.

comrade
19-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Walk towards the fear. Wear it.

1eyedog
19-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Dust it off - I am. Check this out, knitted by my Nana for my Uncle in 1979. I drove down to Colac yesterday to get it so I can wear it to Sydney. This way a little bit of my Nan who passed away in 2014 can be at the game too.

bornadog
19-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Dust it off - I am. Check this out, knitted by my Nana for my Uncle in 1979. I drove down to Colac yesterday to get it so I can wear it to Sydney. This way a little bit of my Nan who passed away in 2014 can be at the game too.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=769&stc=1

Will look out for you.

1eyedog
19-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Will look out for you.

Won't miss me in that one.

Topdog
19-09-2016, 01:08 PM

If he went to 1997 prelim the answer is obvious. What is the point of this post?

1eyedog
19-09-2016, 01:13 PM
If he went to 1997 prelim the answer is obvious. What is the point of this post?

That people over the age of 18 shouldn't wear jumpers.

Doc26
19-09-2016, 01:41 PM

A prouder Bulldog you will not find, Bob doesn't seem to have a problem with it :D

http://gdurl.com/0cyf

Twodogs
19-09-2016, 02:47 PM
That people over the age of 18 shouldn't wear jumpers.

Why not? I'm 52 and I cant remember the last time I didn't wear a footy jumper to a game. In fact I cant remember the last time i didn't wear a footy jumper at least 3 or 4 times through the week. Granted I aint your normal sized average looking 52 yo-I look a lot younger and I'm not 15-20 stone, but even if I wasn't the magnificent specimen I am I would still proudly wear my jumper(s)-(at last count I had 25 or so Footscray/bulldog jumpers).

Topdog
19-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Why not? I'm 52 and I cant remember the last time I didn't wear a footy jumper to a game. In fact I cant remember the last time i didn't wear a footy jumper at least 3 or 4 times through the week. Granted I aint your normal sized average looking 52 yo-I look a lot younger and I'm not 15-20 stone, but even if I wasn't the magnificent specimen I am I would still proudly wear my jumper(s)-(at last count I had 25 or so Footscray/bulldog jumpers).

Yep why not indeed. Fortunately people don't subscribe to this much otherwise our jumper sales would be terrible.

1eyedog
19-09-2016, 03:22 PM

I don't have a problem with it I've got 4 of them now.

Eastdog
19-09-2016, 03:30 PM

Each to their own I say. Im in my late 20s and I wear my Bulldogs jumper. Most of the time I have my coat on and my jumper is underneath and have my Bulldog scarf visibly showing. I have the current jumper design but not the most updated one and the old robodog jumper which has a few signatures on it.

Twodogs
19-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Apart from anything else they are warm.

Hotdog60
19-09-2016, 10:41 PM
I say wear it because if things go pear shape we'll know who to blame....;)

comrade
19-09-2016, 10:43 PM
I might dust off my signed Jarrod Boumann training top.

SonofScray
19-09-2016, 11:58 PM

Man, reading that busted me up. Good on you 1ED. I carry my Nan's memory with me every time the Scraggers run out, the last thing she said to me was that she would crawl on her hands and knees if she had to, to see her boys one more time. So many people, dogged in their pursuit of a Flag that Wags have come and gone since The Day. It makes me very emotional come finals time, I haven't had a day where I haven't cried thinking about Footscray since the Elimination Final.

To finally turn our fortunes, I think we need to unleash all of it, all the passion, the regret, the hope, the heartache, the desire. It has to be turned into a public display unlike anything footy has seen when we Occupy Spotless. We've realised there is a strength and size in our combined support that has been under stated in the past on the back of the March, now we must ratchet it up a notch by flying the colours and presenting a unified look and voice in enemy territory. It should be a performance in the stands that people remember forever. Scenes that will be burned into the narrative of the Club, in a similar vein to the Fightback.

Wear your colours. Wave your flags. Rally around this team in this moment so that come the following week, a flag may wag.

josie
20-09-2016, 12:22 AM
Stirring, rallying words SonsOfScray and agree we should do all we can to show our support.

1EyeDog - great post, I too teared up when reading your post. Also think the jumper looks great, so much work, a real labour of love. Better than the store jumpers by a country mile.

The photo and article about Betty on doggie website, 83 yo at WO in wheelchair to pickup her ticket to the prelim, also captures how loyal our supporters are.

strebla
20-09-2016, 01:18 AM
Love your jumper 1ED I voted buy a new one save your old one for the GF then rotire it with the grace and dignity it deserves. I hate not showing my colours and wear them each and every week but I have something in mind for the biggest of days.

1eyedog
20-09-2016, 10:00 AM
I might dust off my signed Jarrod Boumann training top.

For the Salvos?

westdog54
20-09-2016, 09:29 PM
I think you need to wear it.

Because we need to shake any thoughts of curses, superstitions and bad luck out of our heads.

Put it on and believe.

Mantis
22-09-2016, 11:20 AM
So I've made my decision... The vote is split evenly between wear it or wait until the GF, but I need to forget about the past and get with the program.

New team, new era, new *!*!*!*!ing jumper!! Will be heading to the Bulldogs shop later today to get an updated one and will wear it with pride at that shithole stadium the AFL have built for the plastics.

The rule about middle aged men wearing a jumper can GAGF... Up the Dogs!!!

bulldogtragic
22-09-2016, 11:22 AM
So I've made my decision... The vote is split evenly between wear it or wait until the GF, but I need to forget about the past and get with the program.

New team, new era, new *!*!*!*!ing jumper!! Will be heading to the Bulldogs shop later today to get an updated one and will wear it with pride at that shithole stadium the AFL have built for the plastics.

Awesome. :D Going to put a number on the back?

comrade
22-09-2016, 11:41 AM

That's the spirit!

LostDoggy
22-09-2016, 11:57 AM
I reckon wait til the GF (er.... if we make it), but it doesn't matter either way!

As for the "over 18 no jumper" thing, meh. I'm 26 and wear one of the old school long sleeve 1970's/80's style knitted type ones. The lady at vinnies sold it to me for $1 because her parents were diehard Footscray.

LostDoggy
22-09-2016, 12:40 PM
This is a new breed of dog, old scars are no longer required.

Wear the jumper!

comrade
22-09-2016, 12:41 PM
I reckon wait til the GF (er.... if we make it), but it doesn't matter either way!

As for the "over 18 no jumper" thing, meh. I'm 26 and wear one of the old school long sleeve 1970's/80's style knitted type ones. The lady at vinnies sold it to me for $1 because her parents were diehard Footscray.

I want a genuine 70s long sleeve jumper. Lucky thing.

LostDoggy
22-09-2016, 01:31 PM
I want a genuine 70s long sleeve jumper. Lucky thing.

I wish it was the genuine thing, but it's good enough for me! Especially because I'd been trawling through ebay looking for a decent one for a while!

strebla
25-09-2016, 08:16 PM
So happy you went this way Mantis your new jumper is now unbeaten and your dilemma is what jumper will you wear to the big dance !!!!!