PDA

View Full Version : Apart from Leigh Matthews has there ever been a bigger thug to play the game

Twodogs
19-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Than that imbecile, yes you know who I am taking about, it's him. Luke Hodge.

I am just watching the Bont rag doll him in the third and when Hodge gets up the first thing he does is take a swing at Tom Boyd who just looks at him as if to say "yeah, good on you mate. If it didn't mean that I'd miss next week I'd knock seven shades of shit out of you"

Hodge was a good player. Now he is just embarrassing himself. Geez I hope he plays again next year because he's got a bit of karma coming his way. Seeing out his career playing in a shit team in front of empty stands against a different opponent each week with a long memory that has every cheap shot, jumper punch and King hit Hodge has handed out firmly planted in it would be wonderful to watch.

craigsahibee
19-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Rod Grinter says Hi.

Twodogs
19-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Rod Grinter says Hi.

Nah, I saw him Open Mike explain how it was all just a mistake and how he's been unfairly branded a cowardly thug all these years.

I believed him.:rolleyes:

bornadog
19-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Ronnie Andrews - good at the king hit from behind.

1eyedog
19-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Steven May. At least he can back it up by actually being tough.

Plugger. As above.

Earl Spalding. Sniper

Clarko. Sniper.

Rhys Jones. Out and out thug.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Mitchell and Lewis too

bornadog
19-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Mitchell and Lewis too

snipers

ledge
19-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Robbie Muirs whack on the deceased Dennis Collins was a beauty ,you couldn't get more a thug than Muir.

Twodogs
19-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Robbie Muirs whack on the deceased Dennis Collins was a beauty ,you couldn't get more a thug than Muir.

Mad Dog at least had the decency to turn Collins around to face him before hitting him. Denis Collins is one of our most underrated players I reckon. Played 100 games but hardly anyone mentions him.

Then again Doug Hawkins was his successor and he kind of dominates talk about the greatest wingman to came from Braybrook.

ratsmac
19-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Barry Hall. I know we all love him but gee wiz he loved to give a bit of biff.

bornadog
19-09-2016, 09:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQ8D77F1rc

Twodogs
19-09-2016, 09:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fQ8D77F1rc

I had it wrong. For some bizarre reason Denis Collins thinks it's a good idea to poke the bear and grab the back of Robbie Muirs head, not the other way around

LostDoggy
19-09-2016, 09:58 PM
John "Bio-Chemist" Worsold.

bornadog
19-09-2016, 10:01 PM
I had it wrong. For some bizarre reason Denis Collins thinks it's a good idea to poke the bear and grab the back of Robbie Muirs head, not the other way around

What about the idiot who ran on the ground and stirred him up - very brave and copped it as well

Twodogs
19-09-2016, 11:50 PM
What about the idiot who ran on the ground and stirred him up - very brave and copped it as well

I'd never seen Muir hit that guy before and I must have seen that footage a million times but it usually fades out at the same time Collins does.

But yeah the guy us a prize goose. Fancy running up to Robbie Muir when his eyes have started spinning. What was his plan?

merantau
20-09-2016, 08:07 AM

So Dennis Collins is deceased. When did that happen? He was an terrific player for us and I was gutted when he was sold to Carlton.

Bulldog4life
20-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Mad Dog at least had the decency to turn Collins around to face him before hitting him. Denis Collins is one of our most underrated players I reckon. Played 100 games but hardly anyone mentions him.

Then again Doug Hawkins was his successor and he kind of dominates talk about the greatest wingman to came from Braybrook.

I liked Collins as a player. Very speedy wingman. I was disappointed when he went to Carlton. Magnificent beard too.

Webby
20-09-2016, 10:11 AM
I liked Collins as a player. Very speedy wingman. I was disappointed when he went to Carlton. Magnificent beard too.

Had a heart attack over in WA about five years back. Late fifties. Collins was stiff. Moved to Carlton, but wasn't selected for their '79 flag side, so moved to Richmond in 1980 and suffered the same fate there..

Shame he didn't stick with us, but we were a rabble in the late 1970's. I think he moved to the WAFL after 1980 and stayed in WA. Another Braybrook boy.

Twodogs
20-09-2016, 11:50 AM
That should be yet another Braybrook boy Webby.:D. For head of population the suburb, or its football club, produces a staggering amount of VFL and AFL footballers. And quality footballers at that.

Webby
20-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Braybrook certainly did back in the day. It's been a while, though. Braybrook were a powerhouse up to the late 1970's or so. A really strong club.

I'm sure Sunshine VFA club and Braybrook FC weakened each other somewhat. Just from their presence and close proximity. Now Sunshine YCW-cum-Kangaroos and Braybrook compete for the same kids. I think Albert Proud was the last AFL player loosely claimed by Braybrook FC..... However that's nothing to be proud of (pardon the pun) due to various reasons...

Everyone knows the laundry list of Braybrook FC AFL players. I believe it's documented as the highest local FC contributor in Australia. Then consider that David Darcy also played his footy in Braybrook (for YCW), Alan Stoneham (for Sunshine VFA at Braybrook's Skinner Reserve) - not to mention a few others, and the list is actually pretty enormous!

Then add St Johns/Chisolm College in Braybrook - who won the 1980 Herald Shield, and you could tenuously add Steve MacPherson and a couple of others... Not to mention Test Cricketer, Tony Dodemaide.

It was a freak suburb back in the day. HEAPS of kids and about as tough as a suburb gets. Good breeding ground for footballers.

ledge
20-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Braybrook certainly did back in the day. It's been a while, though. Braybrook were a powerhouse up to the late 1970's or so. A really strong club.

I'm sure Sunshine VFA club and Braybrook FC weakened each other somewhat. Just from their presence and close proximity. Now Sunshine YCW-cum-Kangaroos and Braybrook compete for the same kids. I think Albert Proud was the last AFL player loosely claimed by Braybrook FC..... However that's nothing to be proud of (pardon the pun) due to various reasons...

Everyone knows the laundry list of Braybrook FC AFL players. I believe it's documented as the highest local FC contributor in Australia. Then consider that David Darcy also played his footy in Braybrook (for YCW), Alan Stoneham (for Sunshine VFA at Braybrook's Skinner Reserve) - not to mention a few others, and the list is actually pretty enormous!

Then add St Johns/Chisolm College in Braybrook - who won the 1980 Herald Shield, and you could tenuously add Steve MacPherson and a couple of others... Not to mention Test Cricketer, Tony Dodemaide.

It was a freak suburb back in the day. HEAPS of kids and about as tough as a suburb gets. Good breeding ground for footballers.

St. John's or Chisholm college was a fallacy as Footscray recruited it's kids and sent them all there .. Aside from Dodemaide who actually was there already from what I remember .
My parents were supposed to have the two macphersons but they came a year later as they thought Steve was to young to leave tassie.
We recruit a heap from the Gippsland area back then.
But you are right as in sunshine, braybrook , I grew up going to school with a few of the ones who made it , it was an incredible suburb in those years for footballers

Bulldog4life
20-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Had a heart attack over in WA about five years back. Late fifties. Collins was stiff. Moved to Carlton, but wasn't selected for their '79 flag side, so moved to Richmond in 1980 and suffered the same fate there..

Shame he didn't stick with us, but we were a rabble in the late 1970's. I think he moved to the WAFL after 1980 and stayed in WA. Another Braybrook boy.

I thought he was at Richmond too then when I read another poster saying Carlton I was confused. Yes I remember him now going to both Clubs