PDA

View Full Version : Grand Final Ticket Registration and what to do with 'EXTRA' tix.

mjp
20-09-2016, 12:38 PM
So - we have to register for GF tickets this THURSDAY (which is BEFORE the prelim).

Without wanting to jinx anything, I am eligible for 5x tickets as per my 5x social club memberships. I will not be flying 5x people from Perth to Melbourne for the game...there might be 2x people, there might be just me.

I am not interested in profiteering off tickets here but am just curious if there are people on here who would take them at 'face value' IF we win and once I decide exactly how many of the mostly dockers supporters in my house deserve to get to go to the big day (IF we are lucky enough to get past the Giants).

Ozza
20-09-2016, 12:43 PM
You will have no shortage of interest in those tickets MJP.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Count me in. Thanks Mike.

Mantis
20-09-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm happy to assist.

Not for me.. I'm a SC member so I'm sorted.

LostDoggy
20-09-2016, 01:01 PM
I'd be be interested. Will be travelling from brisbNe

always right
20-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Most of my family are social club members apart from my elderly parents who have standard memberships. We are obviously going to move heaven and earth to get them tickets if we make it so would be happy to take a couple off your hands.

Not sure how you're going to do this MJP. There'll be no shortage of requests I imagine.

comrade
20-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Please do, I'll buy one straight up for a stupid family member.

LostDoggy
20-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Hi, I am interested in any ticket I can get my hands on, just one for me, kicking myself for not upgrading to social club. But I will beg, borrow, steel or kill to be there.

I will be flying over from Adelaide.

Happy to pay up front, buy someone dinner, hug them, provide beer.

I can see myself fronting up $2k for a GF package if I have to.

If anyone can get me a ticket I will be beyond appreciative, we've waited a long long time.

Happy to pay rego up front too and cover yours, I realise that its potentially $$ lost.

Cyberdoggie
20-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Hi MJP, i'd be very happy to get one. The wife is feeling left out and would very much like to come if we made it.

LostDoggy
20-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Actually, Ill buy your mates a round too!

Serious.

mjp
20-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Cool. I will figure the ins and outs of it later and just do the registration...that was enough for me.

For everyone out there concerned about ticketing, I lived in Melbourne for 4 years and attended the grand final every year...so don't stress. Where there is a will there is a way and there are always people trying to offload tickets. One game I ended up picking up standing room seats on the morning of the game...

I have been paying for the social club option on our family membership + my daughters membership (there are 5 of us) since 2004 so I figure i have paid for these seats 5x over already!

Happy Days
20-09-2016, 02:00 PM
Everyone on here register every membership they have.

Eastdog
20-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Like Mantis I'm a social club member so all good with getting GF ticket. We just need to make sure we register during the specific times. Amazing that being a first year social club member it might come in handy. Well worth it that's for sure.

dadsgirl16
20-09-2016, 02:23 PM
yep register register register! I am sorted but have a sister, bother and niece pestering me already!

Eastdog
20-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Could see a lot of avatar changes soon!

kruder
20-09-2016, 02:27 PM
I wonder whats the likelihood of getting a seat as a social club member? I thought it guarantees a seat but looks like standing room is in play. Anyone know how many Priority 1 members we have?

Eastdog
20-09-2016, 02:37 PM
I wonder whats the likelihood of getting a seat as a social club member? I thought it guarantees a seat but looks like standing room is in play. Anyone know how many Priority 1 members we have?

Charlie Sutton Premiership Circle guarentees you a reserved seat
EJ Whitten Social Club guarentees you GF ticket but could be standing room or a seat so no guarentee with social club to get a seat but I'll just be happy be there.

boydogs
20-09-2016, 02:37 PM

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-05-04/sutton-premiership-circle-membership-launched

BulldogBelle
20-09-2016, 02:43 PM
Ill be interested

Need to make the G a sea of Red, White and Blue

Topdog
20-09-2016, 02:55 PM
I would take it in a heartbeat, had to drop down membership due to finances and it may end up costing me a lot more this year :(

choconmientay
20-09-2016, 03:00 PM
I have only standard membership and would want to experience my first ever Grand final :) Put my name on the waiting list please.

LostDoggy
20-09-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm only category 3 so I'm hoping for a miracle, if not I would certainly be interested in purchasing a ticket from someone if it became available.

Does anyone know the exact breakdown of how many category 1 & 2 members we have, and then how many tickets our members would be allocated?

Throughandthrough
20-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Mike, while you are offering, i'll put forward a case as well if you get a chance to divide them up. I'm a Social club member but Adult son is "just" a normal member. He will go "in the level 3 draft" so he's a silly chance, but who knows. It's basically the only thing my son and I have in common, and talk about, is our weekly ritual of watching the dogs matches and analyzing who played well

HOSE B ROMERO
20-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Kind offer. As a standard member, count me in . Sitting, standing, kneeling, crawling.. i just don't care.

Go_Dogs
20-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I'm an AFL member with club support, so will be entering the ballot. If I miss out I'd certainly be putting my hand up for one! (As I've been saying all week to friends and family, not getting ahead of myself).

FrediKanoute
20-09-2016, 08:37 PM
So - we have to register for GF tickets this THURSDAY (which is BEFORE the prelim).

Without wanting to jinx anything, I am eligible for 5x tickets as per my 5x social club memberships. I will not be flying 5x people from Perth to Melbourne for the game...there might be 2x people, there might be just me.

I am not interested in profiteering off tickets here but am just curious if there are people on here who would take them at 'face value' IF we win and once I decide exactly how many of the mostly dockers supporters in my house deserve to get to go to the big day (IF we are lucky enough to get past the Giants).

MJP, if we make the GF, I am flying from London. I have a Social Club Membership so "should" hopefully get a ticket, but if I don't and you have a spare I would gladly take it off your hands and buy you a beer (or 3)

kruder
20-09-2016, 09:03 PM

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-05-04/sutton-premiership-circle-membership-launched

Thanks for that. I didn't see this one during the year.

FrediKanoute
20-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Charlie Sutton Premiership Circle guarentees you a reserved seat
EJ Whitten Social Club guarentees you GF ticket but could be standing room or a seat so no guarentee with social club to get a seat but I'll just be happy be there.

I actually thought Social Club guarantees access to a GF ticket, not an actual GF ticket - hence you get priority, but not a guarantee and that the CSPC was the only guaranteed route (sneaky since it came out after the SC memberships)

comrade
20-09-2016, 09:33 PM
I actually thought Social Club guarantees access to a GF ticket, not an actual GF ticket - hence you get priority, but not a guarantee and that the CSPC was the only guaranteed route (sneaky since it came out after the SC memberships)

My understanding is social club gets you a guaranteed ticket: could be sitting or standing.

Sutton Club guarantees you a reserved seat.

jeemak
20-09-2016, 09:52 PM
I'm in line to take clients, AFL members level one pocket/flank, but will make sure of it before Thursday.

The dilemma is that I'm likely to become a little excited if we make it and it may not be best for ongoing business relationships........but who needs a career, right?

AndrewP6
20-09-2016, 10:33 PM

My understanding is social club gets you a guaranteed ticket: could be sitting or standing.

Sutton Club guarantees you a reserved seat.

From the club website: "Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket* should the Bulldogs participate.
*A ticket does not guarantee you a reserved seat for the Grand Final as some tickets allocated are for standing room only"

westdog54
21-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Should we win I'll take any ticket I can get my hands on.

wb_age
22-09-2016, 12:23 AM
I have a family membership.
2 adults 2 kids

If I register the 2 adults together and then the two kids together

Would that double my odds of getting tickets if we made it?

(Kids are under 3 and won't be attending)

Or would I potentially end up with two kids tickets that won't get me in?

cinder
22-09-2016, 12:24 AM
I have a family membership.
2 adults 2 kids

If I register the 2 adults together and then the two kids together

Would that double my odds of getting tickets if we made it?

(Kids are under 3 and won't be attending)

Or would I potentially end up with two kids tickets that won't get me in?

As far as I know, Jr tickets are Jr tickets (kids only).

wb_age
22-09-2016, 12:29 AM
As far as I know, Jr tickets are Jr tickets (kids only).

I just read the fine print.

No junior tickets for the grand final, they automatically purchase concession tickets.

So a concession ticket without a concession could be risky.

cinder
22-09-2016, 12:43 AM
I just read the fine print.

No junior tickets for the grand final, they automatically purchase concession tickets.

So a concession ticket without a concession could be risky.

Oh ok, interesting. :)

cinder
22-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Registered my ticket! Hopefully might get seated with some of you, as I'm the only one in the family with priority 1!

bornadog
22-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered my ticket! Hopefully might get seated with some of you, as I'm the only one in the family with priority 1!

I am the only one with P1 as well, my mates who I sit with never upgraded.

Grantysghost
22-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Interesting that P1 registrations still asked to include/exclude standing room. Guessing it's a standard Ticketek form but be nice if the club clarified as I said no (thinking I am guaranteed seat as per info on booklet).
Nice problem to have :)

cinder
22-09-2016, 09:40 AM
I said no also. I didn't pay an extra hundred bucks to upgrade for a standing ticket!

Grantysghost
22-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Yep that was my logic, but had that pang of anxiety after I clicked submit :eek:

Grantysghost
22-09-2016, 10:13 AM
I just spoke to someone at club it's guaranteed seat if priority one just a Ticketek form thing (reason for question). Good luck to everyone getting a ticket let's hope the boys can bring it home on Saturday.

Ozza
22-09-2016, 10:18 AM
If you have people in your group that are Category 2, and a couple of others Category 3 - would registering the Cat 3's impede the ability of Cat 2's to get seats?

Grantysghost
22-09-2016, 10:20 AM
My guess is if you wanted to all sit together and register at the same time, it would have to be done in the Cat 3 registration period so you would forfeit your Cat 2 and all become Cat 3. (Check with club).

Ozza
22-09-2016, 10:22 AM
My guess is you if you wanted to all sit together and register at the same time, it would have to be done in the Cat 3 registration period so you would forfeit your Cat 2 and all become Cat 3. (Check with club).

That's what I thought - so might register the Cat 3's separately.

comrade
22-09-2016, 10:25 AM

Yep, registering with cat 3 members waives your guaranteed ticket and you go into the ballot. Don't do that.

Ozza
22-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Yep, registering with cat 3 members waives your guaranteed ticket and you go into the ballot. Don't do that.

Thanks.
I think I read the wording on the website 10 times over, to a point where it stopped making any sense!!

But yes, that's how I understood it (the first few times!).

aker39
22-09-2016, 10:33 AM

Good choice.
You've paid for the priority, they haven't.

The Adelaide Connection
22-09-2016, 11:49 AM
I wonder who pockets the $5 for each ballot registration. Assume 25,000 on average from each of the four clubs register (which is probably low ball even taking into account GWS), that's a cool half a million. Ridiculous.

bornadog
22-09-2016, 11:56 AM
I wonder who pockets the $5 for each ballot registration. Assume 25,000 on average from each of the four clubs register (which is probably low ball even taking into account GWS), that's a cool half a million. Ridiculous.

Its a joke, what a bloody ripoff.

whythelongface
22-09-2016, 01:19 PM

Part of Gill's salary has to be subsidised from somewhere!!!

Apart from the $5 rip off that was an easy process.

cinder
22-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Yep, I just did my Dad's. Picked Inc. standing, since that's what it recommended on the letter for priority 2

strebla
22-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Ok just did my 4 priority 2 will stand in a light tower if I have to. Now just up to the boys to get it done!!!!!
Go dogs !!!!

The Adelaide Connection
22-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Part of Gill's salary has to be subsidised from somewhere!!!

Apart from the $5 rip off that was an easy process.

Yep, quick and easy. At least they can hide behind "administration" for the $5, North Melbourne really don't care who knows how much they are ripping you off:

I discovered they sell their GF Breakfast packages both with and without a ticket. For the Breakfast and a ticket the costs range from $1500 for Category 6 to $2000 for Category 3 (1 and 2 are sold out so don't know what they charged).
Without a ticket the breakfast costs $350.

Wait, what's that you say? So they are admitting to selling a $399 Category 3 ticket for $2000-350= $1650? Yep. The other functions can at least "hide" behind pretending the function is the reason the ticket is more expensive. Do I report this to the ACCC?

Topdog
22-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Yep, quick and easy. At least they can hide behind "administration" for the $5

Frustrating thing is they could just as easily do the registration day as Sunday and not rip off teams that dont make it

dadsgirl16
22-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Well that was a lot easier than getting my Springsteen ticket!

LostDoggy
22-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Does anyone have a priority 3 membership barcode that they won't be registering? I've got my own, but looking for another one so I can try get 2 seats together if possible...

bornadog
22-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Does anyone have a priority 3 membership barcode that they won't be registering? I've got my own, but looking for another one so I can try get 2 seats together if possible...

I do, I can send you a PM.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
22-09-2016, 05:45 PM
How do they do the ballot? Bingo balls, tattslotto machine, date of birth like the draft?

Eastdog
22-09-2016, 07:46 PM
How do they do the ballot? Bingo balls, tattslotto machine, date of birth like the draft?

Good question Im Not Bitter.

boydogs
22-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Most of you probably know this but it might save someone from being caught out

Make sure you have money in your bank account for the most expensive ticket(s) or you will miss out

The Adelaide Connection
23-09-2016, 12:44 AM

I started to get paranoid that the system might just take the easy route of in the order the registrations come in, so I made sure I got my social club registrations in one second after it opened in the hope that I get a seat (as opposed to standing).

mjp
24-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Hi Everyone.

Thanks to all of you who registered an interest either in this thread or via PM for any extra tix I might have. As it turns out, I ended up registering for THREE tickets (two of my 5 tix were childrens seats and I figured no-one would be comfortable sitting somewhere else and leaving their kids with ME!).

Also, as it turns out I now am apparently bringing Miss 18 and Master 14 to Melbourne for the game so will be using all three...

Really sorry if I have misled anyone (though I have on purpose not replied to any PM's or posts on this thread about it to avoid exactly that) but I wont have any tix that I can offer up next Saturday.

EasternWest
24-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Enjoy the game with your family Mike. Go Dogs.

KT31
25-09-2016, 12:12 AM
Hi Everyone.

Thanks to all of you who registered an interest either in this thread or via PM for any extra tix I might have. As it turns out, I ended up registering for THREE tickets (two of my 5 tix were childrens seats and I figured no-one would be comfortable sitting somewhere else and leaving their kids with ME!).

Also, as it turns out I now am apparently bringing Miss 18 and Master 14 to Melbourne for the game so will be using all three...

Really sorry if I have misled anyone (though I have on purpose not replied to any PM's or posts on this thread about it to avoid exactly that) but I wont have any tix that I can offer up next Saturday.

Must catch up I owe you a beverage or two.:D

LostDoggy
25-09-2016, 05:30 AM
All good, I went all in with a package. Go dogs! Love to all.