PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog Friendly Venues - Where to watch the Preliminary Final in Melbourne?

Eastdog
21-09-2016, 08:18 PM
AFL 2016 Preliminary Final - GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs
Bulldogs Friendly Venues - Where to watch the Preliminary Final in Melbourne?
westernbulldogs.com.au
21 September 2016 5:01 PM

Can’t make it Sydney? Watch the game with other Bulldogs fans at one of the following Bulldogs Friendly Venues in Melbourne.

The Wharf Hotel (World Trade Centre, 18 - 38 Siddeley Street, Melbourne VIC 3005)
Official Club partner The Wharf Hotel has a special offer for Bulldogs members and is centrally located close to the CBD. There will be a pre-game handball competition from 4:00pm, and food and drink specials. For more information visit http://www.wharfhotel.com.au/western-bulldogs

Railway Hotel (35 Anderson St, Yarraville VIC 3013)
For those fans based in the West, the Railway Hotel in Yarraville will be showing the match live.

The Union Hotel (252 Union Rd, Ascot Vale VIC 3032)
The Union in Ascot Vale will be showing the match live with a special for members to soon be released.

Hotel 520 (520 Sayers Road, Tarneit, VIC, 3029)
Located in Hoppers Crossing the two big screens at Hotel 520 will be showing the game live. There is also $16 meal deals & $5 schooners. Be sure to reserve a table on 9748 8520.

The Peninsula Club Hotel (195 Bellarine Hwy, Newcomb, VIC, 3219)
For fans based in the Mornington Peninsula, this pub offers all members 10% off food and beverage and will be showing the match live.

The Sporting Globe, Ballarat (201 Mair St, Ballarat VIC 3350)
Fans in Ballarat and surrounding suburbs can head to The Sporting Globe for a meal and a Bulldog venue to watch the game.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

comrade
21-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Missed opportunity, should have had a huge screen set up at Whitten Oval.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2016, 08:23 PM

Yep. And next year with a home prelim there's not going to be a chance to make good.

comrade
21-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Yep. And next year with a home prelim there's not going to be a chance to make good.

Plenty of Dogs fans will miss out on tickets to the GF. Time to do it then? ;)

Eastdog
21-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Plenty of Dogs fans will miss out on tickets to the GF. Time to do it then? ;)

Certainly would be a good idea.

BulldogBelle
21-09-2016, 09:56 PM
The Footy club have mixed up the address's for the Peninsula Hotel 195 Bellarine Hwy, Newcomb in Geelong and The Peninsula Club Hotel, Gibson & Noel Streets, Dromana (Mornington Peninsula).

From the Web Page:

For fans based in the Mornington Peninsula, this pub offers all members 10% off food and beverage and will be showing the match live.

l have emailed the club to let them know.

MrMahatma
21-09-2016, 09:58 PM
The Footy club have mixed up the address's for the Peninsula Hotel 195 Bellarine Hwy, Newcomb in Geelong and The Peninsula Club Hotel, Gibson & Noel Streets, Dromana (Mornington Peninsula).

From the Web Page:

l have emailed the club to let them know.

Anywhere to congregate in Brisbane?

Dancin' Douggy
21-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Any tips for Auckland NZ? I'm desperate

bulldogtragic
21-09-2016, 10:34 PM

Someone posted a few days ago about an international afl games website. Sorry I can remember the thread, but it was in the last week. If you do a search on woof of key words, hopefully it comes up top.

Twodogs
21-09-2016, 11:42 PM

Are you normally in Auckland NZ? If not, WTF man?

boydogs
21-09-2016, 11:45 PM
Someone posted a few days ago about an international afl games website. Sorry I can remember the thread, but it was in the last week. If you do a search on woof of key words, hopefully it comes up top.

https://watchafl.afl.com.au/

LostDoggy
22-09-2016, 01:07 AM
I've never been to the Peninsula Hotel in Geelong but used to pass it on the way to work every day. It's in a really odd location, kind of middle of nowhere (just like the rest of Geelong amirighttttt hahaha). Can't say I've ever been tempted to go there in my life so I might stay at home.

Defs would have gone to WO though, it would've gone off!

bornadog
22-09-2016, 09:41 AM
For WA Fans:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs1To6OUkAA_yO6.jpg:large

Ozza
22-09-2016, 10:17 AM

In fairness, this weekend the club's staff are spread between Sydney for the AFL, and some staying behind to prepare for the VFL Grand Final. We don't have unlimited resources to be running functions.

The club staff staying behind in Melbourne have watched at the Union Hotel in Ascot Vale previously, so I would have thought a good chance they will be there.

comrade
22-09-2016, 12:48 PM
In fairness, this weekend the club's staff are spread between Sydney for the AFL, and some staying behind to prepare for the VFL Grand Final. We don't have unlimited resources to be running functions.

The club staff staying behind in Melbourne have watched at the Union Hotel in Ascot Vale previously, so I would have thought a good chance they will be there.

Yeah, that's a fair point.

Next year, we'll just have to host a prelim at the MCG.

If we make the GF, I hope we can arrange a big screen at WO for all the diehards who miss out on tickets to corporate types.

azabob
22-09-2016, 01:24 PM

Have you personally watched footy at the Union? I'm close to it but have never stepped inside.

Daughter of the West
22-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Have you personally watched footy at the Union? I'm close to it but have never stepped inside.

Couple of large screens either end of the public bar (Maribyrnong Road side of the building), pool table & standard beers on tap. Nothing special but nothing terrible either. Watched a couple of games there last year.

Ozza
22-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Part of my bucks day was there (the part when we were playing Port in the middle of this season). You don't go in to the old TAB part - very unwelcoming.

But there is a bar they have that I think is called 'The Other Bar' which is right on the corner of Union Rd and Maribyrnong Rd, which we had to ourselves which was perfectly fine for watching the game.

Jeanette54
24-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Is there anywhere in Yea or Seymour ?

Eastdog
24-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Is there anywhere in Yea or Seymour ?

This might help you Jeanette54

https://www.yelp.com.au/search?cflt=pubs&find_loc=Seymour+Victoria+3660