PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned-week three Preliminary Final v GWS

Twodogs
24-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Treble me.

EasternWest
24-09-2016, 10:50 PM
1. Was I wrong about Fletcher Roberts?

2. We need to up our offer for Hamling.

3. We're going to win it all.

KT31
24-09-2016, 10:53 PM
1. $%^#

2.#$%@

3.$%#@

LostDoggy
24-09-2016, 10:55 PM
2.Grand
3.Finalists

LostDoggy
24-09-2016, 10:58 PM
1.We Stuck
2.It Right
3.Up 'Em!!!!!

LostDoggy
24-09-2016, 11:01 PM
1. Tom Boyd really knows when to stand up. I thought he was fantastic to take on that workload himself after we lost Roughy really early.
2. Picken loves finals.
3. WE EFFING DID IT! WE CAN DO IT! HOLY SHIEEEEEEEET.

westdog54
24-09-2016, 11:14 PM
1. Tom Boyd has well and truly grown up. Astounding effort to ruck almost solo against Mummy and Lobb for three quarters.
2. Fletcher Roberts now had a vastly expanded fan club.
3. Clay Smith is built to play finals football.

Jeanette54
24-09-2016, 11:33 PM
1. Tom Boyd is worth every cent we spent on him (as if it needed confirming after last week).
2. Somehow we need to keep Joel Hamling at the 'Dogs.
3. A champion team will always beat a team of first round draft picks.: cool:

MrMahatma
24-09-2016, 11:50 PM
1. Never write us off. So much against us and we do it.
2. Our stars were not much better than "ok" tonight and we won the biggest game in the last 55 years for our club. That's a united team, a well coached team, and a team I wouldn't want to play against in a GF.
3. Clay Smith has gone to another level. He was a battering ram, he was a goal sneak, he was a midfielder, he was a match winner!!!

bulldogtragic
24-09-2016, 11:59 PM
1. Clay Smith had a mate die this week. Way to celebrate his memory Clay. Great stuff.
2. Tom Boyd will be a better forward, but geez he can impact all over the ground.
3. We fans/members took over their stadium & sent them out in style.

The Doctor
25-09-2016, 12:12 AM
1. we won the tom boyd trade
2. Clay smith is the epitome of what our club is all about
3. thanks Dicko

merantau
25-09-2016, 12:25 AM
1. We have some serious grunt in our team.
2. Our self-belief has built very solidly over the season. Decimated by injury 39 blokes have donned the jumper and pulled their weight.
3. Tom Boyd is a lot fitter now than in 2015. His effort was made of the silver stuff - sterling.

hujsh
25-09-2016, 12:47 AM
1. We have some serious grunt in our team.
2. Our self-belief has built very solidly over the season. Decimated by injury 39 blokes have donned the jumper and pulled their weight.
3. Tom Boyd is a lot fitter now than in 2015. His effort was made of the silver stuff - sterling.
If we win next week they all deserve a medal

ReLoad
25-09-2016, 01:02 AM
1. Ive seen us lose 7 prelims. I didn't go to this one, so we've found the issue. Me.
2. If it means we win, ill gladly be locked in a cupboard somewhere.
3. I honestly never in my life ever thought this day would come.

ledge
25-09-2016, 01:13 AM
1 Griffen is a shadow of his bulldog days . Only 4 kicks !
2 Damien Barrett apologies welcome on Tom Boyd
3 To fox sports who spent 30 minutes on GWS and nothing on us leading up to the game start .. Up yours !

LostDoggy
25-09-2016, 01:24 AM
3 To fox sports who spent 30 minutes on GWS and nothing on us leading up to the game start .. Up yours !

I was waiting for it too! Luckily we had Johnno interviewing the boys after the game and couldn't wipe the grin off his face, he was that happy. I swear the camera cut to Luke Darcy somewhere at some point during the end of the game having a moment too. And I just loved Libba Snrs enthusiasm and passion every time the camera was on him. Cant fake that stuff. GWS wouldn't know because they have none of that, and no soul.

Webby
25-09-2016, 01:27 AM
Tom Boyd: career defining second half.

We needed him post Roughie's mishap... He stood up, and how!
If anyone doubts his value, I'd argue that he almost earned his contract tonight?!

LostDoggy
25-09-2016, 01:29 AM
Tom Boyd: career defining second half.

We needed him post Roughie's mishap... He stood up, and how!
If anyone doubts his value, I'd argue that he almost earned his contract tonight?!

Almost? He already has earned it, he's just really starting to show us why.

KT31
25-09-2016, 01:41 AM

This... last night after Swans win they spent most of the remainder of the broadcast talking about match up etc in an all NSW Granny.

Twodogs
25-09-2016, 02:14 AM
1. I am the jinx. 7 losing prelims in person. I keep away and they win
2. The better Tom Boyd plays well in the better we play
3. The AFEL erred badly playing at Spotlesss. It was just like hong a home formhomr

bulldogtragic
25-09-2016, 02:20 AM
1. The Ward Compo kicked a late clutch goal. While Ward took no part in the last half.
2. The Gryphone Compo was simply outstanding. Gryphone looks average as hell now.
3. The Sam Reid compo kicked 4 goals & ran down the last 30 seconds of the game before hitting the post. Sam was cutting oranges.

LostDoggy
25-09-2016, 03:25 AM
1. This team has no regard for history
2. It's taken me 3 weeks to admit it but hambling(sic) is best 22
3. Fletch is better than I thought. Belief. Jumper.

Go_Dogs
25-09-2016, 09:07 AM
1. These lads are writing their own history, and rewriting ours.

2. After some indifferent form leading in to the finals, Clay Smith has emphatically demonstrated his importance to our team. Plays a crucial role and is getting better at it by the week.

3. Winning a prelim is a bloody good feeling, but I'm looking forward to feeling even better this time next week.

comrade
25-09-2016, 09:21 AM
1. This team doesn't give a toss about footy gods, curses, AFEL corruption. They just want to win.

2. GWS fans have never copped a good sledging...until yesterday. Rattled their cage big time. YOU ARE FAKE.

3. Lesser names like McLean, Clay and Cordy were immense and have just squeezed every bit out of themselves on his quest for glory.

Daughter of the West
25-09-2016, 10:33 AM
1. Have hope, will travel. Pat on the back to supporters, we owned that stadium. We commandeered planes, trains, buses and cars and turned that stadium into our home ground. Sydney airport is currently awash with red, white & blue.
2. Clay Smith has more grit in his pinky than the whole Great Waste of Space playing list. I just rewatched his first goal where he kissed his arm band afterwards. Brought me to tears.
3. Curses can go get f**ked. These boys don't care. They will rewrite history. As will Bevo #inbevowetrust

Ghost Dog
25-09-2016, 10:41 AM
1. I'll put it out there - Maybe Zaine was just a tiny bit aware of who was fronting the pack? Not suggesting he kneed him on purpose, but perhaps went just that little bit harder and higher....
2. Caleb Daniel does really important things even when his game was full of errors.
3. Our season has been defined by players our opponents might not rate very highly standing up in key moments.

EasternWest
25-09-2016, 12:05 PM
1. I'll put it out there - Maybe Zaine was just a tiny bit aware of who was fronting the pack? Not suggesting he kneed him on purpose, but perhaps went just that little bit harder and higher....

No way. No chance.

Zaine will be a good player, but he's already got a bit of mongrel in him and goes in hard. We would've smashed into anyone the same way.

Flamethrower
25-09-2016, 12:21 PM
1. Some of the media(esp afl website) have no idea. They wrote that last night shows that the Giants are winning the Boyd-Griffen trade. Roughie goes down and Tom steps up - he was born to play finals. Cal goes down and Griffen becomes even more invisible.

2. I thought the game was supposed to be played at Spotless. Could have sworn the game was at Etihad with the crowd noise.

3. Now I know what a winning prelim feels like (after being there for all 7 losing ones). And I like it. A LOT!!!!!!

AndrewP6
26-09-2016, 02:10 AM
1. Soulless Stadium looks nice...but who goes to the footy and eats noodles/fish and chips/ baked goods? And it says a lot that several of the staff didn't seem to be able to answer questions about the stadium facilities...eg the disabled toilet that was locked and three staff didn't know who might have a key for it!
2. Our boys are made of the right stuff. No predictions from me, but we are building something special.
3. Parramatta Rd is still the worst road I've ever seen. A 14km trip took 45 minutes.

Sorry that's all I've got. We are playing in the GRAND FINAL!!!!!

Remi Moses
26-09-2016, 02:20 AM
1. Will the mass media please keep tipping against us .
2. I've got the prelim jinx sorted . Long walk with phone turned off
3. I still can't get my head around that we're playing in a GF

Remi Moses
26-09-2016, 02:23 AM

Gee David King for being such an alleged great analyst sure gets a lot wrong .
Tipped us to get flogged the last two weeks

ledge
26-09-2016, 02:58 AM
Gee David King for being such an alleged great analyst sure gets a lot wrong .
Tipped us to get flogged the last two weeks

Notice the first 4 letters in analyst it's an appropriate word for him.

AndrewP6
26-09-2016, 03:24 AM
1. Will the mass media please keep tipping against us .
2. I've got the prelim jinx sorted . Long walk with phone turned off
3. I still can't get my head around that we're playing in a GF

Same. In a good way though, I keep reminding myself, just to try and make it sink in.

SonofScray
28-09-2016, 08:51 AM
1. If you win a PF, you make a GF.

2. Our fans outed ourselves as a pack not to be crossed. The hostility on display was glorious, only outmatched by the love for our Club.

3. Men's Department > Mouthy silver spoon gob shites.

Twodogs
28-09-2016, 09:49 AM
3. Men's Department > Mouthy silver spoon gob shites.

Private school shitheads we used to call them and I am betting the Men's Department used those exact words quite a few times on Saturday night.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Private school shitheads we used to call them and I am betting the Men's Department used those exact words quite a few times on Saturday night.

A few in the media have clipped them for it. Caro & Carey both said we had confidence and arrogance towards the ball/contest, whereas their arrogance was towards mouthing off, pushing, shoving and focus towards the man. Both apt observations.

comrade
28-09-2016, 10:02 AM
A few in the media have clipped them for it. Caro & Carey both said we had confidence and arrogance towards the ball/contest, whereas their arrogance was towards mouthing off, pushing, shoving and focus towards the man. Both apt observations.

Tom Boyd has totally head****ed GWS. The way Cameron went him when Lobb marked, it was clear they still haven't gotten over it. Throw in Phil Davis' slight about players leaving for greener pastures, too.

Our club suffered the greatest traitorous act of all with Griffen leaving, yet we decided to just let our footy do the talking.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Tom Boyd has totally head****ed GWS. The way Cameron went him when Lobb marked, it was clear they still haven't gotten over it. Throw in Phil Davis' slight about players leaving for greener pastures, too.

Our club suffered the greatest traitorous act of all with Griffen leaving, yet we decided to just let our footy do the talking.

Tommy must have been a very satisfied young man when the siren went.

S Coast Simon
29-09-2016, 10:32 AM

So very true our club treated Gryphon with contempt. The worst offender Cameron barely got into the game yet mouthed off the most. They got taught a lesson in that game that has been around for centuries. Let your game do the talking

Jeanette54
29-09-2016, 12:11 PM
I think that Heath Shaw's spray toward his own defenders was a large point of difference. When a bulldog backman made a mistake his fellow players came from everywhere to offer their support, and to let them know there effort was appreciated.

I loved that.

Mofra
29-09-2016, 12:23 PM
I think that Heath Shaw's spray toward his own defenders was a large point of difference. When a bulldog backman made a mistake his fellow players came from everywhere to offer their support, and to let them know there effort was appreciated.

I loved that.
I loved Dickson beating him one on one shortly after he blasted his fellow defenders. It was perfect.

comrade
29-09-2016, 12:44 PM
I loved Dickson beating him one on one shortly after he blasted his fellow defenders. It was perfect.

The way he looked around for someone to blame before realising it was all on him was a thing of beauty.

craigsahibee
29-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Lachie Whitfield : missing drug tests and tackles since 2015.