PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to the Grand Final ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

KT31
24-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Amazing just amazing, we have an amazing Coach and bunch of players who have taken us to The Last Dance, driving down Thursday so I can lap up every single moment it.

Pickenitup
24-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Hell yeah I'll be there I regret not going up for the prelim

bulldogtragic
24-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Need to win the ballot, find a generous woofer or go corporate. But I'm committed to going.

Mantis
24-09-2016, 10:18 PM
The Western Bulldogs are going.. That's all that matters.

Eastdog
24-09-2016, 10:49 PM
How lucky am I. First year SC and we make it. Priority 2 guaranteed.

EasternWest
24-09-2016, 10:54 PM
How lucky am I. First year SC and we make it. Priority 2 guaranteed.

That's awesome Easty I'm so happy for you. Your passion shines through with every keystroke you make and you deserve to be there.

Eastdog
24-09-2016, 11:02 PM
That's awesome Easty I'm so happy for you. Your passion shines through with every keystroke you make and you deserve to be there.

Thanks for the great compliment EW. A lot of others as well on Woof that make this a great forum.

LostDoggy
24-09-2016, 11:05 PM
All our Woof Brothers and Sisters soak it all up.
This is so special.

Throughandthrough
24-09-2016, 11:06 PM
For me, Ticket, flight and accomodation booked

18 yo son has flight and accomodation booked. He's at the mercy of the draw,

My Mastercard is on fire, so is my heart

angelopetraglia
24-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Yes. 100%. Whatever it takes!

mjp
24-09-2016, 11:12 PM
18 yo son has flight and accomodation booked. He's at the mercy of the draw,

My Mastercard is on fire, so is my heart

I can relate to this...bringing two of three kids with me now and credit card is recovering from the shock of it all...

The Doctor
24-09-2016, 11:13 PM
I'm going, I'm so happy. Going with my son. So Happy.

Thank you Bulldogs.

EasternWest
24-09-2016, 11:13 PM
I'm going, I'm so happy. Going with my son. So Happy.

Thank you Bulldogs.

That's awesome.

S Coast Simon
24-09-2016, 11:25 PM
Just burnt a massive hole in the credit card but I wouldn't miss this for all the tea in China. Can't wait to march from Fed square to the mighty MCG with all off you

MrMahatma
24-09-2016, 11:39 PM
I'll be there. Happy days. Flying in midday Friday buy may change that so I can make the parade.

ReLoad
25-09-2016, 01:19 AM
So, for me to go, id burn about 8k in non refundable travel and work related costs. (And a seriously pissed off customer who id have to cancel)

Only thing that turns me off is the years that it will take to pay back, and how dark ill be if we lost it, but then think of if we win it????

Gah sooooooo torn.

ledge
25-09-2016, 01:21 AM
Imagine training night at whitten oval this week . Will be massive !
I will be there if it's Tuesday night

cinder
25-09-2016, 01:22 AM
I will be there.
My friend who is a Hawks physio said to expect something big at Whitten Oval on Thursday. Typically I'm working and only 4 weeks into a new job. Having the morning or afternoon off may require begging ...

BulldogBelle
25-09-2016, 01:34 AM
Yes Me and the family are there!

LostDoggy
25-09-2016, 05:12 AM
I'm there. I haven't bet on anything for years but thanks to lad brokes 3.25 and first bet bonus bets (dogs win, dogs 1-39 and dogs line I'm 1500 up. Couldn't wait for the ballot and bought the dave Hughes 1400$ package. Booked the virgin flight early morning Saturday and haven't yet bothered with the flight home or accommodatio. All in.

LostDoggy
25-09-2016, 05:14 AM
Go you beautiful dogs! I'm going to the grand final! I did not think this would happen but I damn well will be there,

EasternWest
25-09-2016, 05:26 AM
I'm there. I haven't bet on anything for years but thanks to lad brokes 3.25 and first bet bonus bets (dogs win, dogs 1-39 and dogs line I'm 1500 up. Couldn't wait for the ballot and bought the dave Hughes 1400$ package. Booked the virgin flight early morning Saturday and haven't yet bothered with the flight home or accommodatio. All in.

Sensational.

Topdog
25-09-2016, 08:46 AM
I'm going, don't care how but I'm there.

Is there any way to organise for tickets top be allocated together?

1eyedog
25-09-2016, 08:50 AM
I'm going priority 2. Does anyone know when they are allocated and what you need to do?

DOG GOD
25-09-2016, 09:43 AM
It's great to hear of the fans going....ill be in LA.....a trip booked/paid for in June 2015, but will be there in spirit for sure, and watching the GF at the LA dragons Aussie rules team function in Santa Monica....and flying out Monday I'll miss the lead up, but am just so damn happy for everyone on here that will get to experience a dogs GF.

Enjoy it....enrich it...and let it be one of many to come !!!!!!

Axe Man
25-09-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm going priority 2. Does anyone know when they are allocated and what you need to do?

I got an email yesterday saying the ballot takes place on Monday with your card charged and you will be advised on Tuesday by email. For priority 1 and 2 it's just a matter of what seat/standing room we get.

lemmon
25-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Priority 3. I'll have my feelers out all week but not liking my chances

Topdog
25-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Priority 3. I'll have my feelers out all week but not liking my chances

With the game being against Sydney you have a good chance imo

Chicago1
25-09-2016, 10:20 AM
I'll be flying in Wednesday morning. Booked flights last week, just in case. I've been promised tickets from a BF poster who had spares. Won't know where I'll be sitting until I leave on Monday I guess. As long as they aren't standing room. I don't think I could physically do that. I'm getting old and cranky(well, I've always been cranky). After 40 years of waiting, I just can't believe it. No matter what happens next Saturday the 40 years has been worth it.

I guess I'll have to change my sig next Sunday...:p

Daughter of the West
25-09-2016, 10:37 AM
I'm there, sole priority 2 ticket so hopefully some friendly fellow woofers will be round. Now to wrangle a ticket for my sister...

BulldogBelle
25-09-2016, 10:42 AM
What is the best way to find a ticket for non members / non ballot?

And non corporate

bornadog
25-09-2016, 10:49 AM
Will be there. Stuck in Sydney this morning due to Qantas so will miss VFL GF this afternoon

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-09-2016, 11:26 AM
I'm priority 2 but my son is priority 3 so hoping he gets a ticket otherwise I will buy him a package ticket can't miss this

Topdog
25-09-2016, 11:29 AM
I'll be flying in Wednesday morning. Booked flights last week, just in case. I've been promised tickets from a BF poster who had spares. Won't know where I'll be sitting until I leave on Monday I guess. As long as they aren't standing room. I don't think I could physically do that. I'm getting old and cranky(well, I've always been cranky). After 40 years of waiting, I just can't believe it. No matter what happens next Saturday the 40 years has been worth it.

I guess I'll have to change my sig next Sunday...:p

Lol I was thinking of you last night actually. Dogs on the cusp and the cubs favourites. Could be a big year!

Oh and if I get seats and yours are standing room I'll be happy to swap. I watched at a mates place last night but didn't sit down for 80% of the match

bulldogsfight
25-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Just got tix afl members. Sitting m14
It's really happening

cinder
25-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Will be there. Stuck in Sydney this morning due to Qantas so will miss VFL GF this afternoon

That sucks, I would expect that from Jetstar or Tiger but not Qantas!

Flamethrower
25-09-2016, 12:07 PM
What is the best way to find a ticket for non members / non ballot?

And non corporate

From years of experience of reading footy forums, talking to supporters of other teams and following media/social media I kept notes on the best way to snag a ticket to the Grand Final if you miss out on the ballot....

Before gameday:

- Find the cheapest ticket package around (currently around $990 at Etihad). Also ring around the non-competing clubs (especially the non-Victorian teams, Port are a good start) as they often have leftovers that they haven't sold and will sell them at a slight discount.

- Enter every competition for GF tickets there is - especially the ones that give them out on emotion - get your best "sob" story ready.

- Spend every day at the Foxtel Fan Experience at the MCG and other known scalper haunts (pubs around the G, Fed Square etc), but be prepared to pay $$$$$$$$$ to scalpers this year. With us in the GF the unofficial ticket prices will be outrageous.

- Avoid eBay, Gumtree and Facebook etc - full of scammers and selling them this way is illegal anyway so they may be confiscated by the law.

Grand Final Day

- Get to the MCG early. Hang around the radio OB areas in full Bulldog colours. They often give away tickets.

- Closer to the first bounce(and just after the game starts), hang around the entrances as I have heard of people being given spare tickets by Salvation Army volunteers, scalpers trying to offload unsold tickets, and corporates leaving giving their tickets to fans outside. I have a mate (Magpie member) who snagged a ticket the last way at the Collingwood v St Kilda GF replay - he missed the first bounce but got a ticket to a private box. Lucky for him if was a large box but he did get quite a few puzzled looks from other guests - no one questioned him though and he got through the game without being ejected.

bornadog
25-09-2016, 01:11 PM
That sucks, I would expect that from Jetstar or Tiger but not Qantas!
They changed the gate number and 4 of us didn't hear it. Customer service very rude as well

EasternWest
25-09-2016, 03:41 PM
This guy. This guy is going. Got a ticket.

I still can't believe it.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Corporate tickets sold out. Damn it.

GVGjr
25-09-2016, 05:30 PM
Just on tickets for the GF. While I'm more than happy for WOOF members to help each other out to get tickets to the game, I'd hope that anyone selling tickets does it just for face value. If I can secure n extra ticket I will help our deserving members.

Sedat
25-09-2016, 05:32 PM
I'm going. Not missing this for the world.

strebla
25-09-2016, 05:36 PM
I am level two so I don't know where yet but I will be there so friggin excited.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Just on tickets for the GF. While I'm more than happy for WOOF members to help each other out to get tickets to the game, I'd hope that anyone selling tickets does it just for face value. If I can secure n extra ticket I will help our deserving members.

Thanks G. I'm relying on the ballot. If you can I'd love it, and I'd be happy to make an extra contribution to the club on behalf of WOOF to the Women's Team, VFL Team & Bulldogs Backyard as a token of appreciation & gratitude to any woofer who can help.

Happy Days
25-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Im also only in the ballot, so if anyone can be of any assistance please hit me up.

Topdog
25-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Corporate tickets sold out. Damn it.

What do you mean? There are about a hundred different corporate groups selling tickets. What is actually sold out

bulldogtragic
25-09-2016, 06:41 PM
What do you mean? There are about a hundred different corporate groups selling tickets. What is actually sold out

Looked at Etihad primarily, as they had the $990-$1,490 tickets, but they're all gone. On second look it seems the AFL event office has a few tickets at $2,500.

kruder
25-09-2016, 06:44 PM
What are the thoughts with social club members getting a seatVstanding room? I wonder what the split will be?

Go_Dogs
25-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Anyone know when the ballot outcomes will be available?

bulldogtragic
25-09-2016, 06:56 PM

The Age article today, said the ballot is tomorrow.

1eyedog
25-09-2016, 07:04 PM

At 9am tomorrow via email.

Dancin' Douggy
25-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Via various means, me and my &&@?()$ing legend of a wife whom I love to death both got tickets. She is a later convert, only about 20 years ago, but she loves the dogs as much as me. WE ARE THERE!!! Btw I'm in NZ, she's at the vfl grand final texting me updates

merantau
25-09-2016, 07:18 PM
I'm on the ferry to Lombok having just ridden across Sumbawa in 8 hours. Flying home on Tuesday with Garuda - $1400 one way. Money well spent. Go Dogs!

EasternWest
25-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Via various means, me and my &&@?()$ing legend of a wife whom I love to death both got tickets. She is a later convert, only about 20 years ago, but she loves the dogs as much as me. WE ARE THERE!!! Btw I'm in NZ, she's at the vfl grand final texting me updates

Love it!

KT31
25-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Waiting until the morning for mine and my Pups allocation, but through my brother in-law managed two tickets today for my Lioness and a young passionate mate who just brought a house and couldn't afford a membership this year.

On the Bride, half way through the game last night she leans over and said can we get her a ticket if we win.
I cheekily said "no" at the start, knowing she was happy to let her membership lapse, didn't know who The Bont's was 4 games into the season and had a go at me when I upgraded myself and the Pups to Social Members.
The sealer though was when I heard she chose to watch the Bachelor instead of our Final against West Coast a few weeks back.

Axe Man
25-09-2016, 07:25 PM
At 9am tomorrow via email.

Email that I got said the ballot outcome email isn't until Tuesday?

bulldogtragic
25-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Email that I got said the email isn't until Tuesday?

I'm checking my online banking. I figure they'll take the money before letting anyone know.

Axe Man
25-09-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm checking my online banking. I figure they'll take the money before letting anyone know.

Yeah they said the money will come out tomorrow. I figure that will at least tell us what category tickets we got.

1eyedog
25-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Email that I got said the ballot outcome email isn't until Tuesday?

OK thanks so they just take out the cash tomorrow?

kruder
25-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Yeah they said the money will come out tomorrow. I figure that will at least tell us what category tickets we got.

Have you got the price guides? I cant seem to find them

bulldogtragic
25-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Top is about $380, standing room I think was about $250.

Axe Man
25-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Category 1 $399, 2 $385, 3 $355, 4 $325, 5 $285, 6 $235, 7 $180, standing/restricted view $150

LostDoggy
25-09-2016, 09:19 PM
I'm an AFL Silver member with Dogs support. I received an email saying there are limited tickets available for us when they come on sale tomorrow morning.

However I've entered the members ballot with that barcode, so I'm assuming I won't be able to purchase a ticket tomorrow. I'll be mighty pissed off if the outcome of the ballot isn't decided before 10am and I'm not able to purchase AFL member ticket.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm an AFL Silver member with Dogs support. I received an email saying there are limited tickets available for us when they come on sale tomorrow morning.

However I've entered the members ballot with that barcode, so I'm assuming I won't be able to purchase a ticket tomorrow. I'll be mighty pissed off if the outcome of the ballot isn't decided before 10am and I'm not able to purchase AFL member ticket.

If you can register and get both, PM me. I'm in the ballot too.

LostDoggy
25-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Waiting on Ballot.
Priority 3 for me and Pup.
Finges crossed.:)

Eastdog
25-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Waiting on Ballot.
Priority 3 for me and Pup.
Finges crossed.:)

Good luck redders70.

AndrewP6
25-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Priority 2. Had to send in a form earlier than others to request a wheelchair bay.

1eyedog
25-09-2016, 10:18 PM
Social club membership. The best 100 bucks I've ever spent!

LostDoggy
25-09-2016, 10:21 PM
Waiting on the ballot, so not counting on going unfortunately! I can only hope though.

anfo27
25-09-2016, 11:31 PM
I'm a social club member so i'll definitely be there.

Scraggers
26-09-2016, 12:22 AM
I'm going, just not sure how yet. I have booked my flight from WA, but I am only a Cat 3 ballot.

Gunna need some luck me thinks :eek:

Would love some assistance from WOOF members if I am unsuccessful.

chef
26-09-2016, 06:52 AM
I doubt I'll be going(tickets will be like hens teeth), but we are in a granny so can live with watching on tv. Didn't enter the ballot as i didnt want to jinx us.

Any spare tickets and I'd love a PM.

Chicago1
26-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Lol I was thinking of you last night actually. Dogs on the cusp and the cubs favourites. Could be a big year!

Oh and if I get seats and yours are standing room I'll be happy to swap. I watched at a mates place last night but didn't sit down for 80% of the match

Thanks. I don't really understand all of this Priority 1, 2 stuff as I honestly didn't believe we'd be in it this year so didn't pay attention to stuff like that. I am returning to Melbourne permanently in November since my mum, who I was caregiver for for over 14 years, passed away at the age of 90 in June. I signed her up as a member the past two years(as well as my cat, Lily, who will not be moving to Melbourne with me :( ) . I'll be carrying her membership card with me on Saturday. She would have been so happy for me.

The offer from the BF poster overwhelmed me. Hopefully I'll be told if they are seats or standing later today. I really don't care where I sit. I haven't been in the best of health, so I'd probably just have to find somewhere to sit during most of the match and catch glimpses of it if I'd have standing room. I'll contact you if I find out before I leave.

I haven't been to a match since 2011. My last visit was in Feb 2014 to fulfill my Permanent Residency requirement. Mum was in hospital at the time and her doctor said that she'd be there two weeks, so advised me to go then, instead of for the start of the season which I've normally done. It was a quick nine day trip, but I got to go to training.

Saturday morning I was in tears when we won. It was after 5am and I didn't get to sleep until 8am. After the difficult last two years, taking care of mum, it's the best I've felt since my Melbourne trip in '14. Seeing Susan Alberti hugging Tony Liberatore after the match had me crying like a baby.

I'm in the middle of packing and cleaning up the place a bit before I leave in about 24 hours. Yes, only one more sleep!

I was hoping for a Cubs championship this year since I'll be here and a Doggies Premiership next year when I'm back living in Melbourne. I'll take both this year and next year.:)

bulldogsthru&thru
26-09-2016, 09:33 AM
For those who can't get a ticket, Whitten Oval will have 2 big screens and food trucks for the game. Might be the next best thing to being there

mattempo
26-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Has anybody had money deducted from their account yet?

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 10:09 AM

Nope I'm waiting and the longer it takes to come out the greater the stress.

bornadog
26-09-2016, 10:10 AM

Just checked and no

mattempo
26-09-2016, 10:11 AM

I can't handle this stress

cinder
26-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Mine hasn't either, only the $5.

whythelongface
26-09-2016, 10:19 AM

Is it just an automatic payment from your credit card or bank account? Assuming there will be a confirmation email.

In regards to tickets is there an electronic option or can you only pick up on the day?

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Nope too.

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Is it just an automatic payment from your credit card or bank account? Assuming there will be a confirmation email.

In regards to tickets is there an electronic option or can you only pick up on the day?

Yep the registration emails says they're allocated 24/25 September and funds will be deducted without warning.

Cyberdoggie
26-09-2016, 10:21 AM
What's worse is that the Sydney ballot results are already up on ticketek but not ours.

craigsahibee
26-09-2016, 10:29 AM
This from an email I received from Ticketek last Thursday.

"Priority 1 & 2 Member Allocation - There are sufficient tickets to cover all members in this group who register. Should Western Bulldogs play, you will be allocated a ticket (subject to payment being approved)."

So I guess I can relax a bit knowing that I'll get a ticket. Where that ticket is, who knows. Like others I am constantly checking the credit card balance.

Axe Man
26-09-2016, 10:33 AM
The email for anyone that hasn't seen it

It’s an incredibly exciting time for all Western Bulldogs members with the Preliminary Final match against the GWS GIANTS tonight.

As you registered in the Western Bulldogs Club Member ballot, we are writing to advise you of the timing of the Grand Final ticket ballot.

Should we win tonight the ballot will be run on Monday September 26, and those members who are successful will have their credit card charged at this time. Please ensure that you have enough funds for all tickets on your nominated card.

We will then advise all successful members via email on Tuesday September 27. A list of successful and unsuccessful members will also be posted on the Ticketek and club website from 9:00am Tuesday September 27.

Please note, if you were in Priority Groups 1 & 2, you will automatically be included in the successful list as a benefit of your membership package.

If you have any questions about the ballot process, please contact the club from 9:00am, Monday September 26 on 1300 46 3647 or email us at membership@westernbulldogs.com.au.

Axe Man
26-09-2016, 10:38 AM

When I registered the only option I was given was pickup - either at a ticketek outlet or at the ground on the day.

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Going to try my luck at 10am with AFL Silver membership.

Does anyone know if the Ticketek website will auto refresh at 10 to allow me to put my barcode in? Or will I manually have to refresh?

I really don't want to refresh and end up being kicked out...

aker39
26-09-2016, 10:48 AM
When I registered the only option I was given was pickup - either at a ticketek outlet or at the ground on the day.

That is the only option. The person who's credit card was used has to pick them up and show photo id.

This is to stop people selling tickets and sending an electronic ticket. They could sell the same ticket to 10 people,

ratsmac
26-09-2016, 10:55 AM
I had 2 tickets in the ballot and I have $341 deducted today. I hope my wife isn't at home paying a bill and I have got my hopes up for nothing. I'm ringing her now.

whythelongface
26-09-2016, 10:58 AM

Cheers Axe Man - thanks for clearing that up. I read it as on the day but i really wasn't to focused as my first objective was to register. I wouldn't have thought that at the ground was the only option, otherwise there would be queues for miles.

The Pie Man
26-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Might be a CUA thing, but my $10 rego for two tickets didn't appear on my statement online until Saturday, so won't bother checking my account today

Surely the ballot is electronic - can you imagine them printing out all registrations and one by one picking 'one for Cat A, one for Cat B, one for Standing Room.....' Little strange it hasn't already been done

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 11:03 AM
Just got a text saying make sure you have the cash. The ballot is today.

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 11:04 AM
I had 2 tickets in the ballot and I have $341 deducted today. I hope my wife isn't at home paying a bill and I have got my hopes up for nothing. I'm ringing her now.

Go you good thing. Good luck everyone.

cinder
26-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Just got a text saying make sure you have the cash. The ballot is today.

Me too.

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 11:07 AM
Me too.

Me three.

lemmon
26-09-2016, 11:08 AM
As did I

The Pie Man
26-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Also received a poorly worded SMS from the AFL

Chicago1
26-09-2016, 11:10 AM

Tried to send you a PM, but your box is full.

G-Mo77
26-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Yep got that as well. I'm just petrified something will go wrong. I mean this isn't supposed to happen is it. :)

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Tried to send you a PM, but your box is full.

Really hope you get up Jim.

mattempo
26-09-2016, 11:19 AM
found this on facebook:
Ticketek Australia (https://www.facebook.com/TicketekAustralia/?rc=p) Hi Sophie, if you had your ballot confirmation in your Order History it is still valid. The Western Bulldogs ballot will be processed from 11 am.

angelopetraglia
26-09-2016, 11:21 AM
Locked an loaded.

AFL Full Membership with Bulldog Club Support yesterday for the adults. Was lucky enough this morning to get two for the pups on their Silver Club Support only a couple of bays across. All on the bottom deck. 20+ years of AFL Membership paying off.

This is real. We are going to the GF. OMG.

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 11:21 AM
I just got a ticket as an AFL Silver member. It's restricted view, but I couldn't care less. What exactly would make it restricted view anyway?

Mantis
26-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Yep got that as well. I'm just petrified something will go wrong. I mean this isn't supposed to happen is it. :)

Just crapping myself that I filled out the credit card details incorrectly (even though I checked it like 8 times) or some other dumb f-up.. So stressed.

G-Mo77
26-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Just crapping myself that I filled out the credit card details incorrectly (even though I checked it like 8 times) or some other dumb f-up.. So stressed.

Yep. I'll try and do cartwheels when it's confirmed. Until then I'm checking my account every 5 - 10 minutes.

aker39
26-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Like this maybe

I just got a ticket as an AFL Silver member. It's restricted view, but I couldn't care less. What exactly would make it restricted view anyway?

aker39
26-09-2016, 11:30 AM

If your $5 got charged to it, it's correct

ratsmac
26-09-2016, 11:36 AM
this suspense is killing me. I don't know what is worse. The last quarter on saturday or this.

dadsgirl16
26-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Social club membership so definitely going...just don't know if its sitting or standing..but who cares??? This old duck is GOING!!!!

Mantis
26-09-2016, 12:04 PM
If your $5 got charged to it, it's correct

I didn't use my credit card as mine is already maxed and the person I have used hasn't checked.

bornadog
26-09-2016, 12:10 PM

Yep. I'll try and do cartwheels when it's confirmed. Until then I'm checking my account every 5 - 10 minutes.

My wife asked me the same thing. Surely when we inputed for registration, $5 it would have rejected then and there?

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Locked an loaded.

AFL Full Membership with Bulldog Club Support yesterday for the adults. Was lucky enough this morning to get two for the pups on their Silver Club Support only a couple of bays across. All on the bottom deck. 20+ years of AFL Membership paying off.

Woohoo!

aker39
I didn't use my credit card as mine is already maxed and the person I have used hasn't checked.

OK. Just so you know, that person will need to be the person that picks up the tickets. They'll need confirmation email and photo id.

bulldogtragic
Woohoo!

Awesome. :D

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Sounding like Priority 1 are starting to have money taken out.

Assuming Priority 2 will start in an hour or so and Priority 3 after that!

Fingers crossed for everyone!

bornadog
26-09-2016, 12:28 PM

Sounding like Priority 1 are starting to have money taken out.

Assuming Priority 2 will start in an hour or so and Priority 3 after that!

Fingers crossed for everyone!

I am checking

https://media.giphy.com/media/tei52cyY5mroA/giphy.gif

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Locked an loaded.

Awesome. :D

It is indeed awesome.

craigsahibee
26-09-2016, 12:35 PM
Dear Ticketek,

AndrewP6
26-09-2016, 12:35 PM
My account details has the charge "pending"... Should be a good spot, the charge is the Max price. I'm priority 2,but had to request a wheelchair accessible bay so they might be doing those earlier.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy??

mattempo
26-09-2016, 12:37 PM
My account details has the charge "pending"... Should be a good spot, the charge is the Max price. I'm priority 2,but had to request a wheelchair accessible bay so they might be doing those earlier.

well done. which priority were you?

AndrewP6
26-09-2016, 12:40 PM

Two.

mattempo
26-09-2016, 12:40 PM
I'm an idiot. just re-read your post

lemmon
26-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Im so damn nervous

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 12:49 PM

Gid up little doggy.

Throughandthrough
26-09-2016, 01:06 PM
just a time waster...Who else screamed at the TV when Stringer didn't have a shot on goal with 35 seconds to go? (as Dickson wasn't in the range of the Camera)

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 01:19 PM
just a time waster...Who else screamed at the TV when Stringer didn't have a shot on goal with 35 seconds to go? (as Dickson wasn't in the range of the Camera)

Not me. For Stringer to pass up a shot like that must've meant someone was wiiiiiiide open.

I was more rattled trying to process what it actually meant that Dickson had 30 seconds to take his shot when there was only 29 seconds on the clock. I just couldn't make it compute.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Not me. For Stringer to pass up a shot like that must've meant someone was wiiiiiiide open.

I was more rattled trying to process what it actually meant that Dickson had 30 seconds to take his shot when there was only 29 seconds on the clock. I just couldn't make it compute.

Which made Brian Taylor's commentary even more *!*!*!*!ing stupid. "A point will secure them at least a draw". He has 30 seconds and a 29 second shot clocking you *!*!*!*!wit!! You kill more brain cells than alcohol, radiation and mobile phones combined. *!*!*!*!ing tool.

Paddywhack
26-09-2016, 01:25 PM
We were sitting directly in line with Stringer and Dickson (closer to Stringer) - he was never going to have a shot.
My mate and I were jumping and hugging while the pass was in flight, as we could see where it was going.
I was actually surprised to see how open the goals were on the TV replay...maybe the old Stringer would have blazed away!

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 01:26 PM
We were sitting directly in line with Stringer and Dickson (closer to Stringer) - he was never going to have a shot.
My mate and I were jumping and hugging while the pass was in flight, as we could see where it was going.
I was actually surprised to see how open the goals were on the TV replay...maybe the old Stringer would have blazed away!

Mate said this to me this morning, tend to agree.

bornadog
26-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Mate said this to me this morning, tend to agree.

If you watch the replay he was instrumental in a few goals. eg, ball to Cordy and getting his first goal.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
26-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Hope everyone here who applied for tix, got them!

Axe Man
26-09-2016, 01:38 PM

That was the first thing I yelled when Dickson marked it - he just has to hold the ball - we've won!

Which made Brian Taylor's commentary even more *!*!*!*!ing stupid. "A point will secure them at least a draw". He has 30 seconds and a 29 second shot clocking you *!*!*!*!wit!! You kill more brain cells than alcohol, radiation and mobile phones combined. *!*!*!*!ing tool.

I only heard that nonsense when I watched the replay - was too busy yelling to hear what the commentators were saying at the time other than getting the sense Luke Darcy was going nuts!

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 01:39 PM
No word yet.

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 01:41 PM
That was the first thing I yelled when Dickson marked it - he just has to hold the ball - we've won!

I only heard that nonsense when I watched the replay - was too busy yelling to hear what the commentators were saying at the time other than getting the sense Luke Darcy was going nuts!

It was funny, everyone knew there was under a minute left. Hunter actually moved behind Dicko right in front of me screaming for it. I was row A and yelled at Hunter who was about 10 metres away from me that there was 30 seconds left.

Dicko really bled his full 30 seconds.

Axe Man
26-09-2016, 01:42 PM
I've never wanted an $800 charge to appear on my credit card so bad. Hurry up!

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Im more nervous than 5 pm saturday evening. Just take my money already ticketek!

bornadog
26-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Im more nervous than 5 pm saturday evening. Just take my money already ticketek!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtPtyiJVYAAjb7v.jpg

Greystache
26-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Got my 4 tickets through AFL membership. Was trying to get a few more through Silver in case people missed out but only got a restricted view so turned them down. Might get a couple more in the ballot but probably not likely.

Still hard to believe I'm going to a Grand Final. I said I'd never got until we made it.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Got my 4 tickets through AFL membership. Was trying to get a few more through Silver in case people missed out but only got a restricted view so turned them down. Might get a couple more in the ballot but probably not likely.

Still hard to believe I'm going to a Grand Final. I said I'd never got until we made it.

Have fun. This ballot wait is killing me Rick.

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 01:54 PM

Good work Stache.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-09-2016, 02:24 PM
All my other ticket options are out. So ballot or nothing! At the end of the day though we're in the grand final and I'll be watching it somewhere. That's all that matters!

Mofra
26-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Ditto - I haven't been to one and I couldn't bother as a neutral as it's normally a great day at a crowded pub.

Going to be an epic day, especially having all Friday to get over a Thursday hangover / prepare.

Eastdog
26-09-2016, 02:43 PM

Haven't checked back yet. Was checking in the morning and nothing as yet.

The Adelaide Connection
26-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Haven't checked back yet. Was checking in the morning and nothing as yet.

Tumbleweeds. I guess there are 30,000 transactions to process.

Eastdog
26-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Tumbleweeds. I guess there are 30,000 transactions to process.

Yes true. It would be one of their busiest days.

Ozza
26-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Sydney members' ballot has been done for a fair while now.

lemmon
26-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Someone on Facebook mentioned 2pm. Im not sure why

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 02:48 PM
I just read someone comment that ours aren't being done till tomorrow. I don't know what to believe.

G-Mo77
26-09-2016, 02:53 PM
I just read someone comment that ours aren't being done till tomorrow. I don't know what to believe.

I read that we'll be charged at some point today and know where we are seated or standing by tomorrow. Pick up tickets at 12pm tomorrow as well.

The Adelaide Connection
26-09-2016, 02:55 PM
http://m.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=AFLINTR416&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=&USER_ID_=

Looks like only Sydney processed so far. It might be easier to keep refreshing this than to keep logging into the bank.

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Someone on Facebook claiming they had money taken from their account and they are a priority 3 member.

Whereas all priority 1 or 2 members I know haven't been touched yet. Are they working backwards?

G-Mo77
26-09-2016, 02:59 PM
http://m.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=AFLINTR416&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=&USER_ID_=

Looks like only Sydney processed so far. It might be easier to keep refreshing this than to keep logging into the bank.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Topdog
26-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Someone on Facebook claiming they had money taken from their account and they are a priority 3 member.

Whereas all priority 1 or 2 members I know haven't been touched yet. Are they working backwards?

Ask them for proof. Doesnt sound right. Sydney looked like they were done in priority order

Eastdog
26-09-2016, 03:01 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

Good question

cinder
26-09-2016, 03:01 PM
This is getting really annoying ...

Eastdog
26-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Got the text from the AFL in the morning. I'm getting club emails now which actually I was getting before. They seemed to be hidden and weren't going to my inbox but all sorted now with that.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-09-2016, 03:05 PM

I would guess an attention seeker....

Scraggers
26-09-2016, 03:08 PM
I have a friend who is a Sydney fan. She said her ballot was done yesterday as their game finished Friday night. Interesting only 68 Swans members didn't get tickets in the ballot.

aker39
26-09-2016, 03:15 PM
I have a friend who is a Sydney fan. She said her ballot was done yesterday as their game finished Friday night. Interesting only 68 Swans members didn't get tickets in the ballot.

68 bookings, each of those bookings could have had 8 tickets attached to them.
Also, with them being an interstate team, that's not surprising.

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Lord this is testing my patience.

Throughandthrough
26-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Maybe they didn't have Western Bulldogs as one of the options in their drop down boxes when the computer asked which two teams made the GF

Topdog
26-09-2016, 03:26 PM
a P1 just got charged on BigFooty

aker39
26-09-2016, 03:26 PM

But so are P3's and that doesn't make sense

bornadog
26-09-2016, 03:27 PM

Whoooooo me too $385 (P1)

aker39
26-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Whoooooo me too $385 (P1)

Congrats.
So that is a category 2 ticket

Guido
26-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Interesting only 68 Swans members didn't get tickets in the ballot.
Very possible that they were mostly failed credit cards or bottom priority level members who selected the "only a seat" option.

Gut instinct says that they possibly didn't exhaust their full allocation - from memory one of the Sydney fans said many of their standard and Victorian based memberships don't even get a ticket in the GF ballot, leaving only their higher tier groups - however not all of those premium members will necessarily be willing to travel interstate.

Hopefully there were a couple of thousand spare tickets from their allocation and they get transferred to our ballot.

Remi Moses
26-09-2016, 03:29 PM
What a complete and utter archaic system they have . We don't find out until Tuesday ! The game finished Saturday evening FFS!
Do they pull out memberships out of a friggin hat ? The packages are all sold out now, so what an efficient system they have

bornadog
26-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Congrats.
So that is a category 2 ticket

Hope it is a good spot?

Scraggers
26-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Very possible that they were mostly failed credit cards or bottom priority level members who selected the "only a seat" option.

Gut instinct says that they possibly didn't exhaust their full allocation - from memory one of the Sydney fans said many of their standard and Victorian based memberships don't even get a ticket in the GF ballot, leaving only their higher tier groups - however not all of those premium members will necessarily be willing to travel interstate.

Hopefully there were a couple of thousand spare tickets from their allocation and they get transferred to our ballot.

Yes, but from a base of nearly 60,000 members I am the resulting non-issue of ballots is a great percentage and one I'm willing to cling to until Ticketek select me as the lucky door prize.

Remi Moses
26-09-2016, 03:36 PM

You'd hope( not confident ) that they have a set figure of Sydney fans who travel for GF's and work from there. That was the narrative they used for opposition fans to Sydney

Axe Man
26-09-2016, 03:37 PM
What a complete and utter archaic system they have . We don't find out until Tuesday ! The game finished Saturday evening FFS!
Do they pull out memberships out of a friggin hat ? The packages are all sold out now, so what an efficient system they have

Just on the packages - I had a phone call from a bloke I know that is in the know at Hawthorn checking that I was right for a ticket as they still had packages available from around the $1,600 mark. If anybody is desperate and willing to pay the price I suggest checking with the various other clubs.

cinder
26-09-2016, 03:39 PM
I haven't ...

aker39
26-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Hope it is a good spot?

Brown seats are Category 2

https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/2016/09/292491_3223e264c871da7fae9ebe16ab7fd4d9.JPG

aker39
26-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Just on the packages - I had a phone call from a bloke I know that is in the know at Hawthorn checking that I was right for a ticket as they still had packages available from around the $1,600 mark. If anybody is desperate and willing to pay the price I suggest checking with the various other clubs.

And start with the interstate ones, especially GWS

bornadog
26-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Brown seats are Category 2

https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/2016/09/292491_3223e264c871da7fae9ebe16ab7fd4d9.JPG

Hopefully I am not stuck behind the goals, but who is complaining :)

aker39
26-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Hopefully I am not stuck behind the goals, but who is complaining :)

Level 2 is a great level, even behind the goals

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Good on you BAD.

cinder
26-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Check that, $399 just debited!

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 03:45 PM
I think what's happened is the ballot has been fully decided now they are just charging everyone at different stages.. Seems to be a whole range of Priority 1, 2 & 3 tickets being allocated.

Also, one of my mates got charged for two Category 3 seats as a priority 3 member. That's a good sign for Category 2 members that seats are available for Priority 3s.

kruder
26-09-2016, 03:51 PM
I agree if a cat 3 gets a seat it should mean every cat 1 and 2 gets a seat surely. Will be pissed if I get standing room now.

Topdog
26-09-2016, 03:52 PM
I have done nothing useful today. Waste of a day

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 03:53 PM
I agree if a cat 3 gets a seat it should mean every cat 1 and 2 gets a seat surely. Will be pissed if I get standing room now.

I guess the only reason could be if someone registered with multiple barcodes and there were only single or double seats available..

G-Mo77
26-09-2016, 03:57 PM
I think what's happened is the ballot has been fully decided now they are just charging everyone at different stages.. Seems to be a whole range of Priority 1, 2 & 3 tickets being allocated.

Also, one of my mates got charged for two Category 3 seats as a priority 3 member. That's a good sign for Category 2 members that seats are available for Priority 3s.

Might be charging in numerical order. We each have a Ticketek account number. Could be alphabetical, last name.

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 03:59 PM

Go you good thing.

Throughandthrough
26-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Might be charging in numerical order. We each have a Ticketek account number. Could be alphabetical, last name.

I hope not (Mr Anderson!)

aker39
26-09-2016, 04:05 PM

Congrats

G-Mo77
26-09-2016, 04:11 PM
I've never been so happy to see $385 come out of my account. I'm going to the grand final baby!

Throughandthrough
26-09-2016, 04:12 PM
I hope not (Mr Anderson!)

$385 just debited from mine

Hopefully that's my son's payment and mine comes next

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 04:14 PM
What priority are you boys?

G-Mo77
26-09-2016, 04:16 PM

Priority 2

Throughandthrough

level 2

Mofra
$385 just debited from mine too.
I'm a Cat 2 member.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-09-2016, 04:18 PM
There is a difference between priority and category right? Just to be clear

craigsahibee
26-09-2016, 04:18 PM
$385.00 debited from an ever increasing visa card balance.

Category 2 seat.

In the words of the Pointer Sisters, "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it"

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 04:20 PM
$385 has come out of my account you little beauty!

Ozza
26-09-2016, 04:20 PM
This is torture.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-09-2016, 04:21 PM
So for those who have been debited, are you Priority 1, 2 or 3?

Throughandthrough
26-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Level 2 and Priority 2, the same, my typo

Can someone clever explain a show me a picture of approx. where a $385 seat is? (not that I care)

Topdog
26-09-2016, 04:22 PM
So for those who have been debited, are you Priority 1, 2 or 3?

P3 all these posts are killing me!!

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Can people please state which priority they are when advising they have been charged for tickets

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 04:24 PM
Can people please state which priority they are when advising they have been charged for tickets

Priority 2

craigsahibee
26-09-2016, 04:24 PM

Priority 2.

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Level 2 and Priority 2, the same, my typo

Can someone clever explain a show me a picture of approx. where a $385 seat is? (not that I care)

The brown shading in the map provided on the last page.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Appears as though P1 and P2 are being done...shouldn't be too long now for P3

Scraggers
26-09-2016, 04:27 PM
How can they sell out two Bruce Springsteen concerts in 1 hour (over 30,000 seats) yet they can't allocate my fricken seat quicker !!!

Eastdog
26-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Still nothing for me. I'm Priority 2 SC.

Remi Moses
26-09-2016, 04:31 PM
How can they sell out two Bruce Springsteen concerts in 1 hour (over 30,000 seats) yet they can't allocate my fricken seat quicker !!!

Exactly . They've had all Sunday to do this.

cinder
26-09-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm P1 & was debited $399. I guess that's Cat 1! Rapt! Surname is W so mustn't be alphbetical. I did register at 8:03am though and I believe BAD did around the same time.

EasternWest
26-09-2016, 04:37 PM
I've never been so happy to see $385 come out of my account. I'm going to the grand final baby!

$385 just debited from mine

Hopefully that's my son's payment and mine comes next

$385 just debited from mine too.
I'm a Cat 2 member.

$385.00 debited from an ever increasing visa card balance.

Category 2 seat.

In the words of the Pointer Sisters, "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it"

$385 has come out of my account you little beauty!

Yes!!!!!!!

aker39
26-09-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm P1 & was debited $399. I guess that's Cat 1! Rapt! Surname is W so mustn't be alphbetical. I did register at 8:03am though and I believe BAD did around the same time.

Yes Category 1

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Just found out I have seats as transaction pending. Priority 2. Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Underdog
26-09-2016, 04:39 PM
$355 from my account.
I had priority 2.

Daughter of the West
26-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Anyone priority 2 still waiting? I've seen nothing in my account yet :(

cinder
26-09-2016, 04:44 PM

My dad's priority 2 and still waiting ...

Axe Man
26-09-2016, 04:45 PM

I am, and it's killing me!

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Open the actual account and see if it is pending. That's how I found mine. Am Category 3 seats - yellow on map.

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 04:47 PM
I am, and it's killing me!

me too...have 7 other members relying on me for their ticket. I cant hold out much longer! Too much pressure.

Eastdog

Yep still waiting.

1eyedog

Yep my Uncle is priority 2 and still waiting.

The Pie Man
26-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Just called the bank, nothing pending for me as yet - P2
F#$%@ this

bornadog
26-09-2016, 04:51 PM

My surname starts with S, so not sure on order they process.

Daughter of the West
26-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Open the actual account and see if it is pending. That's how I found mine. Am Category 3 seats - yellow on map.

Nup, nothing pending on the CC. I'm starting to stress. The $5 came out, so surely I haven't buggered anything up??

Axe Man
26-09-2016, 04:52 PM

I've logged into my internet banking 527 times so far today.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Following this thread, priority 2 members started at $399 tickets (category 1 seats) and the last one was $355 tickets (category 3 tickets). There's still five levels of seats/standing room under category 3. Hopefully plenty of them.

LostDoggy
Just called the bank, nothing pending for me as yet - P2
F#$%@ this

Hang in there.. It's coming!

Pickenitup
Still waiting getting very nervous

bornadog
26-09-2016, 04:55 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/tei52cyY5mroA/giphy.gif

Keep checking

I've logged into my internet banking 527 times so far today.

cinder

Where are you seeing this, do you mean Ticketek account? Cos I see nothing under Order History and my card has been debited...

Chicago1
Still waiting to hear from the person getting me tickets. It's almost 1am here! I have to get to sleep. I have a long day ahead of me! I'll be crankier than usual, and that is really, really bad.:p

bornadog
26-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Where are you seeing this, do you mean Ticketek account? Cos I see nothing under Order History and my card has been debited...

He means in his internet banking account.

cinder
26-09-2016, 04:59 PM
He means in his internet banking account.

Oh - makes more sense. Thanks!

Daughter of the West
26-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Hooray, $355 pending!!! Never have I been so glad to see money on the way out of my account

Remi Moses
26-09-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm usually wondering what the hell am I paying for now when I look at my credit card

aker39
26-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Has anyone on here with P3 had their card charged yet.

anfo27
26-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Still nothing! I'm starting to get worried here.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-09-2016, 05:07 PM
No P3s yet I don't think

Scraggers
26-09-2016, 05:08 PM
P3 and waiting

dadsgirl16
26-09-2016, 05:08 PM
yep !!! $355 pending!!!

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 05:09 PM
P3, still nada.

Remi Moses
26-09-2016, 05:10 PM
yep !!! $355 pending!!!

Is that 3 ?

kruder
26-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Im 2 still nothing

lemmon
26-09-2016, 05:20 PM
P3 and still waiting

anfo27
26-09-2016, 05:20 PM
If doesn't happen by 5 am i screwed? Priority 2 so should be guaranteed a ticket but I'm starting to sweat.

Eastdog
26-09-2016, 05:21 PM
$355 deducted. Got it. Just relieved. I hope the ones who haven't get it soon.

Topdog
26-09-2016, 05:21 PM
$355 deducted. Got it. Just relieved. I hope the ones who haven't get it soon.

P2??

Oh and AWESOME

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Priority 2's are guaranteed a ticket. Has your $5 been taken out of your account? Should all be fine if it has.

choconmientay
P3 here. It's killing me waiting for our turn 😣

LostDoggy
Until someone with P3 says they have had money deducted P2's don't need to stress!

1eyedog
26-09-2016, 05:23 PM
P2s are guaranteed a ticket.

HOSE B ROMERO
26-09-2016, 05:23 PM
priority: 3

catagory: any

certified: insane