PDA

View Full Version : Make Bob an emergency for the grand final

ledge
25-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Wouldn't this be a nice touch , doesn't change the team but gets him a mention as part of this whole year.
Stupid idea or a serious touch of romance ?
Just a thought.

GVGjr
25-09-2016, 10:25 AM
I don't think he would accept. Tend to think it's a bit of nonsense.

Topdog
25-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Would take away from someone else and that isn't Bob's way. Nice gesture but too much

Twodogs
25-09-2016, 01:40 PM
What Topdog said, I don't think Bob would want to take someone's spot in the official line up. It's a nice touch and all but I reckon they will find something for bob to do on GF day.

He almost looks fit enough to be a water boy. Imagine halfway through the last quarter of a tense grand final and you're hunched over looking for a drink. Wouldn't it be great if it was the captain in exile who ran up and handed it to you?

Scraggers
27-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Wouldn't this be a nice touch , doesn't change the team but gets him a mention as part of this whole year.
Stupid idea or a serious touch of romance ?
Just a thought.

Thanks Ledge ... deleted my thread after your link.

I love this idea ... it needs to happen. He is our spiritual leader and it would be fitting that he is named.

bornadog
27-09-2016, 05:20 PM
I don't think he would accept. Tend to think it's a bit of nonsense.

Agree, don't see the point

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Agree, don't see the point

He's club captain in a Grand Final or Premiership year. He's already in the elite club with Charlie & EJ. I think this might actually detract from a few things. He's in a club of 3 with Charlie & EJ, that says everything to me.

The Doctor
27-09-2016, 06:08 PM
No. I doubt Bob would want to draw attention to himself by being an emergency. I also doubt that the MC would do this despite the sentiment.

We should select 3 fit emergencies who could cover a wide range of contingencies at the last minute if needed.

No mucking around. we are here to win a premiership.

ONE MORE!

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 06:10 PM
no. I doubt bob would want to draw attention to himself by being an emergency. I also doubt that the mc would do this despite the sentiment.

We should select 3 fit emergencies who could cover a wide range of contingencies at the last minute if needed.

No mucking around. We are here to win a premiership.

One more!

one more!

LostDoggy
27-09-2016, 10:54 PM
One More Time!