PDA

View Full Version : The overseas For the Grand Final thread.

ReLoad
26-09-2016, 11:30 AM
So there will be some of us that are overseas (yeah WTF?) for the big dance, we will be scattered wide and far, this is the thread for us to share where we are, what we will be doing to celebrate/commiserate and feel like we are part of the tribe.

And most importantly if we are near each other where we can meet to share this momentous occasion together.

I'll be in Seattle, 6.30pm on Friday night local time, I'll be joining the local Aussie rules team, the Seattle grizzlies at their grand final function and fund raiser. - I've never met them before, but hopefully we will be new best mates by the final siren.

Kangaroo and Kiwi
2026 NW Market St, Seattle, Washington 98107
https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattlegrizzlies/

So post your where and what you'll be doing, and most importantly how you will celebrating!

And for the record I've given my GF ticket to my uncle who is much longer suffering than I am, so +50 karma points!

Ghost Dog
26-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Thanks for that. I will be in Hangzhou at a place called College Bar.
Link (http://www.hangzhouexpat.com/index.php?/profile/69133-the-college/)
There is a Geelong supporters group here, so naturally they are all going for us.
I maxed out my 23kg on teaching materials and didn't bring any of my footy jumpers ( hot and muggy here )
Going to see if I can score a French flag for the day.

SquirrelGrip
26-09-2016, 02:44 PM
I've been in Dubai for the Prelim but fly out tonight for all the GF week celebrations - including tickets for the game!!!

Have been wearing my Dogs gear for the pst week (needs a wash) and can't believe the support here for us!

DOG GOD
26-09-2016, 08:15 PM
I'll be in LA.....hanging with the LA dragons Aussie rules team for their GF function and fundraiser down at Santa Monica....9:30pm LA time. I'm praying there's some doggie supporters there...ill be there with my mum and brother so I won't be alone, to either celebrate or bawl myself to sleep :)

lemmon
26-09-2016, 08:20 PM
I good mate of mine is cutting his trip in South America three months short to fly back from Bolivia...that's pending his Priority 3 ticket though

FrediKanoute
26-09-2016, 08:31 PM
I good mate of mine is cutting his trip in South America three months short to fly back from Bolivia...that's pending his Priority 3 ticket though

That is a hard call!