PDA

View Full Version : Stewart Crameri's Wedding

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 04:59 PM
news.com.au are reporting Stew Crameri has his wedding this Friday night, apparently thinking the GF was on last weekend. I'm not sure why he booked it for then, but a heap of dogs players have apparently rescinded their RSVPs.

bornadog
26-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Change the wedding date Stu

ledge
26-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Three reasons I can give you he booked it then
1 no one had any idea we would make the gf
2 probably thought the gf would be the 26 th of September like it normally is.
3 fiances take over everything with a wedding and he has no say :-)

LostDoggy
26-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Poor Stu!

Twodogs
26-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Stu's side of the church is going to be a bit bare.

AndrewP6
26-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Change it to Sunday. Or call the whole thing off.

KT31
26-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Have the ceremony at the MCG at 1/2 time.

Axe Man
26-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Bulldogs players torn over star Stewart Crameri’s wedding dilemma (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/bulldogs-players-torn-over-star-stewart-crameris-wedding-dilemma/news-story/750cd92fb3fdf743d3b3e36ec7549404)

STEWART Crameri may be the Western Bulldogs’ super servant, but he’s put himself right in it on grand final eve.

The star forward and his partner Jess have found themselves at the centre of a classic grand final week conundrum after scheduling their wedding for Friday night — the day before football’s biggest day.

The 28-year-old has come under fire for his “un-Australian” scheduling disaster, which has done no favours for his Bulldogs teammates on the eve of the club’s first grand final in 55 years.

The Herald Sun reports five Bulldogs players invited to witness the nuptials have informed Crameri and his partner that they will not be able to attend.

The scheduling clash has caused some debate within AFL circles, with commentators questioning if the Bulldogs players should be allowed to attend the celebration on the proviso they behave themselves and get an early night.

Demons legend David Schwarz told SEN’s Breakfast with Frank and Ox it is ludicrous for players to even think about going out the night before the biggest game of the year.

“That is ridiculous,” Schwarz said of Crameri’s date selection.

“I’ll tell you how ridiculous this is. This is a man who plays in the AFL, that allowed his wedding to be held on grand final eve.”

Bombers legend Tim Watson said Crameri’s scheduling skills can be excused because the former Bombers star knew he would miss the 2016 AFL season while serving a doping ban since January for his involvement in Essendon’s 2012 injection program.

It was also unlikely in the eyes of almost every football commentator that the Dogs would be playing in a grand final this year after the club was knocked out in the first week of the 2015 finals series.

It is understood Crameri scheduled the wedding on the first weekend of October, believing the grand final would be scheduled at its traditional time on the final Saturday of September.

“That’s got nothing to do with it,” Schwarz argued.

“He’s got 40 mates from two clubs that are part of the AFL system. Why would you be getting married on grand final eve? Who gets married on grand final eve anyway?”

He said the Bulldogs players are expected to stay at home the night before the season decider not “doing the conga” at a mate’s wedding.

Haylea Cooney, the wife of former Bulldogs star Adam Cooney, revealed on Monday that Bulldogs star Jake Stringer is among the players who have had to pull out of the happy day at the last minute.

Haylea Cooney told EON Sports Radio she will be attending Crameri’s wedding as the plus-one of Stringer’s wife Abby Gilmore.

“I got a token invite last night,” Cooney said.

“Abby came over last night and obviously Jake Stringer can’t go now, so Abby said to me, ‘Do you want to be my plus-one.’

“I was so excited I couldn’t wait and then Adam shut me down and said, ‘Na. It’s my birthday. You’re not going.’

“I’m still working on that because I really want to go.”

Haylea Cooney admitted the scheduling of the wedding was a little strange.

“Stewy, what were you thinking?” she asked.

“We plan babies around this and I’m not kidding. Inductions and C-sections are literally planned around footy games.

“In their defence, (Crameri’s partner) Jess, she’s a beautiful girl, she’s from Ireland. I think they definitely had to work around her family coming over from Ireland. But, yeah, I’m not sure what he was thinking.”

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 02:45 PM
It just occurred to me that Stew is the only current/former aEssendon player to miss a Grand Final as a result of the drug saga. I wonder if he thinks about whether he should've taken the plea and then he'd be playing tomorrow? I suppose his claim for financial compensation in his legal action will increase by his inability to play in a Grand Final and possible Premiership.

jeemak
30-09-2016, 03:02 PM
There's been articles this week calling out how his compensation claim will escalate due to us making the GF, and will do so further if we win it.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 03:04 PM
There's been articles this week calling out how his compensation claim will escalate due to us making the GF, and will do so further if we win it.

Here I was thinking I'd thought of it... I hope he bleeds them dry.

GVGjr
30-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Here I was thinking I'd thought of it... I hope he bleeds them dry.

I think Essendon's insurers pay the bill.

Twodogs
30-09-2016, 04:41 PM
It just occurred to me that Stew is the only current/former aEssendon player to miss a Grand Final as a result of the drug saga. I wonder if he thinks about whether he should've taken the plea and then he'd be playing tomorrow? I suppose his claim for financial compensation in his legal action will increase by his inability to play in a Grand Final and possible Premiership.

Not to mention he would have been pretty handy for us to have him out on the ground tomorrow.

Twodogs
30-09-2016, 04:42 PM

Insurance company's usually find ways not to pay.

Topdog
30-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Can't imagine insurance companies will pay out "we gave our staff god knows what and now he wants compensation" money

Don't forget Essendon have around been found guilty by work safe, any chance of insurance went out the window with that decision

azabob
30-09-2016, 05:21 PM

Insurance company's usually find ways not to pay.

And when the insurers do pay, it will be interesting to see if insurance companies want to insure Essendon and how much they will charge for the privilege.

Topdog
30-09-2016, 05:36 PM
And when the insurers do pay, it will be interesting to see if insurance companies want to insure Essendon and how much they will charge for the privilege.

Lol good point. I imagine it being similar to the drivers insurance application.

Have you been in an accident in the last 5 years?
Have you been found guilty by work safe in the last 5 years?