PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a ticket to the Grand Final? Got a spare ticket to the Grand Final?

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 10:32 PM
This great little Bulldogs community is bursting with activity in private messages, calls and generally helping each other. If you still need a ticket post in this thread, and if you have a spare please hit them up.

Also, hit as many competitions as you can. Ch7 is giving away 2 tickets away each night, catch is each night has a code word only got by watching the news. Simply email promotion@seven.com.au with your full name and address, phone number and code word each night. Tonight's code word is 'SWANS'.

There was an email from the club last week with a competition if you haven't entered already.

bornadog
26-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Check Ebay and Gumtree as well.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Check Ebay and Gumtree as well.

I think unless they're an authorised re-seller the new legislation makes it illegal to sell them and potentially voiding the tickets. WD54 would know that legislation better than I.

Daughter of the West
26-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Cheers BT. I'll put my hand up for a ticket for my sister. I ballsed up getting her one today in the AFL members sale - in my delirium yesterday I misread the sale times! :(

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 10:44 PM
I know TwoDogs is after one too.

HOSE B ROMERO
27-09-2016, 12:07 AM
Yeah, still after one if at all possible. Not desperate but... yeah ok i'm desperate #whatever it takes

bornadog
27-09-2016, 12:09 AM
I think unless they're an authorised re-seller the new legislation makes it illegal to sell them and potentially voiding the tickets. WD54 would know that legislation better than I.

Pretty sure legislation says it must be sold at face value.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 12:10 AM

In that case, go nuts!

Topdog
27-09-2016, 08:17 AM
We should put every competition in here and get as many ppl as possible to enter.

As a community let's try and ensure everyone that wants to go can get a ticket.

westdog54
27-09-2016, 09:37 AM

I would avoid purchasing tickets on Gumtree/Ebay.

Whilst tickets can be lawfully re-sold at face value, there have been incidents where the same ticket has been sold more than once, resulting in people being left stranded at the gate with a ticket that had already been scanned in.

As a personal opinion, is not worth the risk.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 09:58 AM
We should put every competition in here and get as many ppl as possible to enter.

As a community let's try and ensure everyone that wants to go can get a ticket.

Yep, this community is brilliant and people were looking out for me before my last gasp ticket. I will be entering every competition possible to pay back the good will so we can get as many woofers as humanly possible in the MCG.

Daughter of the West
27-09-2016, 10:14 AM
It's a bit gross but:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/win

Only catch is that you're signing up to get poos and wees emails forevermore, but I'm sure it's not that hard to unsubscribe.

Entries close tomorrow.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Putting in entries. Hopefully Lady Luck is on our side and we can get some more woofers going.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 11:08 AM
So are we only after three single tickets:

DOTW
TwoDogs
Hose B Romero

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Unsuccessful in the ballot this morning. Will try again at 11:00 to see if I can get any for my family. If not, please put my name down for a ticket. I am desperate now.

LostDoggy
27-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Hi all

Tickettek is saying there could be more tickets on sale today for club members at 11am.. Not sure it will work or not.

Does anyone have any barcodes they are no longer using that they could pass on?

I already have my ticket, but would love to take my father along too.

HOSE B ROMERO
27-09-2016, 11:53 AM
If need be i will carry dot w, twodogs and chocomientay on my shoulders under a very long overcoat...

HOSE B ROMERO
27-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Hi all

Tickettek is saying there could be more tickets on sale today for club members at 11am.. Not sure it will work or not.

Jaytee, where are ticketek saying that? i can't see anything on twitter/facebook.

Daughter of the West
27-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Jaytee, where are ticketek saying that? i can't see anything on twitter/facebook.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=GRAND0116

That will take you straight to the ticket page

LostDoggy
27-09-2016, 11:58 AM

When you go into the match on Ticketek, it has an option for Club Members and states "On Sale soon - 11am today"

LostDoggy
27-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Looks like it's Sydney Swans members only...

bornadog
27-09-2016, 12:02 PM
When you go into the match on Ticketek, it has an option for Club Members and states "On Sale soon - 11am today"

TICKETS & EVENT INFO

Venue:
Melbourne Cricket Ground, VIC
Date:
Sat 1 Oct 2016 2:30pm - Medallion Club Members

No Longer On Sale

This is what came up.

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 12:03 PM
Hi all

I tried with our membership barcodes but it says invalid and didn't allow me to order. I wonder is these are for other afl team member's?!

LostDoggy
27-09-2016, 12:05 PM
I tried with our membership barcodes but it says invalid and didn't allow me to order. I wonder is these are for other afl team member's?!

This is what it was

Swans Members residual onsale
Swans members only
Tue 27 Sep, 11am - 1pm
Need a swans barcode

Wonder if the Doggies get one?

SlimPickens
27-09-2016, 12:08 PM
This is what it was

Swans members only
Tue 27 Sep, 11am - 1pm
Need a swans barcode

Would only happen if Doggies membership allotment hadn't been filled, which i highly doubt. Hopefully the tickets not sold to Sydney members get redistributed to doggies fans.

Topdog
27-09-2016, 12:08 PM
This is what it was

Swans members only
Tue 27 Sep, 11am - 1pm
Need a swans barcode

With 14 pages of unsuccessful applicants I doubt it.

1eyedog
27-09-2016, 12:10 PM
I think there was only half a page of swans members who missed out.

Flamethrower
27-09-2016, 12:17 PM
I think there was only half a page of swans members who missed out.

It sounds like the only Swans members who missed out are those who said NO to standing room tickets. I assume the tickets that went on sale to Swans members are standing room tickets that weren't sold - if some remain unsold hopefully they will then be offered to Bulldog members who missed out in the ballot.

bornadog
27-09-2016, 12:55 PM
It sounds like the only Swans members who missed out are those who said NO to standing room tickets. I assume the tickets that went on sale to Swans members are standing room tickets that weren't sold - if some remain unsold hopefully they will then be offered to Bulldog members who missed out in the ballot.

Swans is between 11 and 1pm

Bulldogs either 1pm or 2pm, try either time as unclear at moment.

Ozza
27-09-2016, 02:09 PM
My old man was at a ticketek picking up our tickets earlier - and there were people lining up to collect - AND to BUY.

After not very long - they made an announcement that there were no longer any tickets available. I'm really not sure what type of tickets and relating to what sort of memberships were being sold.

Cyberdoggie
27-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Would only happen if Doggies membership allotment hadn't been filled, which i highly doubt. Hopefully the tickets not sold to Sydney members get redistributed to doggies fans.

Now there is a dilemma. Would you go to the GF if you were to be the only (and I mean only) bulldog supporter in a whole bay of Sydney supporters?

I'm guessing the answer is yes regardless.

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 02:56 PM
TickeTek is showing "No longer on sale". Swans tickets aren't available anymore. There is no information on additional tickets going on sale for Bulldogs members.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 03:06 PM
So it's just DOTW & Hose B Romero outstanding? Is this right? If we can get every woofer who can afford to go going, that's a huge effort.

Daughter of the West
27-09-2016, 03:07 PM
So it's just DOTW & Hose B Romero outstanding? Is this right? If we can get every woofer who can afford to go going, that's a huge effort.

Yup, I'm still on looking BT.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Yup, I'm still on looking BT.

We've over 96 hours, so here's hoping.

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 03:10 PM
I am still desperate. Watching TickeTek for the past hours without any chance to get a single ticket.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 03:17 PM
This from the other thread from LWB:

Absolutely cannot confirm, and don't wanna get people's hopes up, but just been told that the club members sale for last remaining tickets will be opened at 2.30pm for Dogs members (if any remain)
As I said, nOT confirmed

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 03:19 PM
If it really true, I am ready to hit enter once it's open up. I am still watching and will probably do until the end of the day.

bornadog
27-09-2016, 03:20 PM

Absolutely cannot confirm, and don't wanna get people's hopes up, but just been told that the club members sale for last remaining tickets will be opened at 2.30pm for Dogs members (if any remain)
As I said, nOT confirmed

When I went in it says No Longer Available

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 03:33 PM

As I said, nOT confirmed

Thanks anyway. 2:30 lapsed. Refreshed the screen few times but there were no tickets on sale.
I probably give up. Got the excluded feeling :(.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Thanks anyway. 2:30 lapsed. Refreshed the screen few times but there were no tickets on sale.
I probably give up. Got the excluded feeling :(.

96 hours still Choco.

There's only three in this thread waiting now. You, DOTW & HBR. If we all enter competitions and keep an ear out hopefully we can get you three in.

Topdog
27-09-2016, 05:48 PM
just in case people havent entered this yet

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season/finals/win-the-ultimate-grand-final-experience

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 05:53 PM
One more chance for me tomorrow morning, between 11:00-12:00:

As a Western Bulldogs member who was unsuccessful in the ballot for grand final tickets, we are pleased to inform you that you will now have exclusive priority to purchase from a limited number of standing room tickets that were not taken up by Sydney Swans members. These tickets will go on sale tomorrow Wednesday September 28 from 11am-12pm AEST. Once sold out, no further tickets will be released.

Tickets can be purchased online or by phone only during the on-sale time:
ONLINE: Click here
Phone: Please call Ticketek on 1300 796 939

You must have your 12-digit membership barcode listed below, at the time of purchase.

Scraggers
27-09-2016, 05:53 PM
I just got this email:-
As a Western Bulldogs member who was unsuccessful in the ballot for grand final tickets, we are pleased to inform you that you will now have exclusive priority to purchase from a limited number of standing room tickets that were not taken up by Sydney Swans members. These tickets will go on sale tomorrow Wednesday September 28 from 11am-12pm AEST. Once sold out, no further tickets will be released.

You must have your 12-digit membership barcode listed below, at the time of purchase.

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 05:54 PM
just in case people havent entered this yet

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season/finals/win-the-ultimate-grand-final-experience
I entered but doubted I have 'that much' luck.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 05:55 PM
One more chance for me tomorrow morning, between 11:00-12:00:

On behalf of all of us Choco, we are rooting for you to snag that ticket mate.

HOSE B ROMERO
27-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Oxygen for HOSE B. If there is a God, may he please shine on me tomorrow.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Oxygen for HOSE B. If there is a God, may he please shine on me tomorrow.

Rooting for you too Hose!

Rocco Jones
27-09-2016, 06:15 PM
I am a full AFL member with Bulldogs club support. I have already got my ticket but I am wondering if I can actually get a ticket via the club.

aker39
27-09-2016, 06:26 PM
I am a full AFL member with Bulldogs club support. I have already got my ticket but I am wondering if I can actually get a ticket via the club.

You had to be in the original ballot

Rocco Jones
27-09-2016, 06:29 PM
You had to be in the original ballot

Ah yes! Cheers. Just wanted to help out a Bulldog in need.

Rocco Jones
27-09-2016, 06:29 PM
How much $$$ are standing room seats?

aker39
27-09-2016, 06:30 PM
How much $$$ are standing room seats?

$150

Rocco Jones
27-09-2016, 06:36 PM
$150

Cheers mate. Good to have a chat with you Sunday morn too!

aker39
27-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Cheers mate. Good to have a chat with you Sunday morn too!

I had been awake for 21 hours straight so I don't know if I was making any sense.:)

Rocco Jones
27-09-2016, 07:01 PM
I had been awake for 21 hours straight so I don't know if I was making any sense.:)

I had 4 hours sleep over nearly 48 hours so I would not have noticed either way.

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Ah yes! Cheers. Just wanted to help out a Bulldog in need.

Rocco,
I may have 2 Adult member bar-codes available as friend of us are not going to use them on the limited standing room tickets. We registered together for the ballot and were unsuccessful so the code are valid for tomorrow. I can PM you the codes to use. The more of us are trying the better I guess.

Rocco Jones
27-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Rocco,
I may have 2 Adult member bar-codes available as friend of us are not going to use them on the limited standing room tickets. We registered together for the ballot and were unsuccessful so the code are valid for tomorrow. I can PM you the codes to use. The more of us are trying the better I guess.

That would be cool. With standing room, does limited mean you are confined to a section?

aker39
27-09-2016, 07:14 PM
That would be cool. With standing room, does limited mean you are confined to a section?

No, limited means limited number of tickets.

I had it confirmed you can stand anywhere in the stand you have been allocated, not just bay

choconmientay
27-09-2016, 07:16 PM
I google for "AFL Standing room" and come across this (first come first serve, I believe):

"I HAVE A STANDING ROOM TICKET, HOW EARLY DO I NEED TO ARRIVE AT THE GROUND SO I CAN SEE THE MATCH?
It is in your best interest to arrive as early as possible to guarantee a position in the front. Positions in standing room bays are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

CAN I BRING A STOOL/WALKING STOOL ON WHEELS/CUSHION/PORTABLE CHAIR TO SIT ON WHILE I AM IN THE STANDING ROOM BAY?

No, these items are not permitted in standing room bays.
HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE WILL BE IN THE STANDING ROOM BAY AS ME?

Standing room bays vary in capacities and thus it is dependent on which bay you have a ticket for. All bays have been measured according to building codes and standards.
"
Link (http://www.mcg.org.au/the-stadium/ticket-information). Will PM you shortly.

Rocco Jones
27-09-2016, 07:18 PM
I google for "AFL Standing room" and come across this (first come first serve, I believe):

"I HAVE A STANDING ROOM TICKET, HOW EARLY DO I NEED TO ARRIVE AT THE GROUND SO I CAN SEE THE MATCH?
It is in your best interest to arrive as early as possible to guarantee a position in the front. Positions in standing room bays are available on a first-come, first-served basis." Link (http://www.mcg.org.au/the-stadium/ticket-information). Will PM you shortly.

Thanks mate.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 07:44 PM
Emai to win two ticketsl: promotion@seven.com.au

Full name and address, phone number and tonight's code word 'Bulldogs'.

1eyedog
27-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Anything is worth a shot

https://www.sen.com.au/win/win-tickets-to-the-2016-toyota-afl-grand-final/

doggone
27-09-2016, 09:35 PM
hello all. i only joined yesterday and have been reading the thread about securing grand final tickets. some wonderful stories and it brought back memories of when my team made the grand final and won for the first time in a few years. i have been lucky enough to have attended five grand finals since 2010 and will be heading along on saturday to possibly see history being made. clearly, i am not a footscray supporter, however, i post with good intentions. i am a regular on another club's forum.

anyway, i may have access to an extra ticket that was bought in the swans ballot (btw, swans fan i am not!). i am still waiting on confirmation that it is not wanted by the purchaser. if this comes to pass, i am more than happy to offer it to a footscray supporter who is a regular poster and has yet to secure a ticket. i only seek to recoup the face value plus any booking fees for the person that bought it.

to help me because i don't know any of you, i would like some long term posters on this forum to message me to let me know who they believe should get the ticket and briefly explain why. this is not about making people beg nor is it a popularity contest. i genuinely want to be able to give it to someone who doesn't have a ticket because they missed out on the ballot. if it becomes available i will pm that person before the day to arrange payment and collection (on the day of the game because i won't get it until then). by taking this approach i am trying to avoid getting anyone's hopes up in case i don't get the ticket. also, by posting this now it gives me time to sort things out. this is a legitimate offer and if i don't get the ticket i will let you know.

i hope saturday is a special day for you all.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 09:44 PM
There seem to be three members on here currently without a ticket:

Scraggers
Choco
Daughter of the West

If it's a meet up at the MCG to swap cash for the face value ticket, that's a fair offer.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 09:52 PM
What's the face value DG?

doggone
27-09-2016, 09:57 PM
What's the face value DG?

not entirely sure. all i know is it could be one of three tickets, all single seats. two were q56 (expensiveish) and one was m33 (the cheapest). not overly helpful but i am working with little detail.

HOSE B ROMERO
27-09-2016, 09:58 PM
I have just received a phone call 'out of the blue' from an old acquaintance who has got a standing room ticket for me. Fingers crossed i pick it up tomorrow. I'm still stunned.

Thank you to all the wonderful members on here for your efforts. Heartwarming.

Twodogs
27-09-2016, 09:59 PM
I had 4 hours sleep over nearly 48 hours so I would not have noticed either way.

You never make any sense.

EasternWest
27-09-2016, 09:59 PM
I have just received a phone call 'out of the blue' from an old acquaintance who has got a standing room ticket for me. Fingers crossed i pick it up tomorrow. I'm still stunned.

Congrats Hose!

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Congrats Hose!

Awesome? :D

FrediKanoute
27-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Keep up the good work guys. There are tickets out there and there are many people who willingly will give tickets up for true supporters.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2016, 10:02 PM
There seem to be three members on here currently without a ticket:

Scraggers
Choco
Daughter of the West

If it's a meet up at the MCG to swap cash for the face value ticket, that's a fair offer.

Updated. Three possibles for you doggone.

EasternWest
27-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Awesome? :D

Indubitably!

bornadog
27-09-2016, 10:53 PM

Love it, mates looking after mates. You are off to the Grand Final to see the mighty Dogs

Redandwhiteonline
28-09-2016, 01:06 AM
Hey guys

I can help out here.

Scraggers, Choco & Daughter of the West, if you would like tickets, I have three Cat 5 seated in Q54-2, Row GG that you can have at face value. You'll sit together, but there is one drawback - it's in the Swans section. :)

To Hose - I have one left and happy to extend it to you if you want to join them, rather than standing on your own! If you sell your standing room ticket, I do ask that you do so at face value as I am. That's my condition. Given the support everyone clearly shows each other here, I know this condition will be met.

Considerations:
* PM me for logistics,but basically I'll meet you outside the ground with the tickets.
* If you don't need or can't take the tickets, please let me know straight away and I'll offer them elsewhere.

Conditions of sale:
1. Use the tickets, do not sell them.
2. Be nice to us Swannies supporters, don't be like Hawthorn supporters were in 2014 and 2012 :)

What an amazing season. It hung in the balance so many times and the finals were something to cherish.

On a personal note, good on you guys for sticking by your club over such a long time. With that, you have a genuine kindred spirit in us Swans supporters. I remember 2005 and how hard it was for many of us to miss out. It doesn't feel right to offer these tickets to anyone but 'woofers'.

Cheer cheer

Danzar from redandwhiteonline.com, the number 1 Sydney Swans fan forum ;)

Remi Moses
28-09-2016, 01:25 AM
The hubris of hawthorn supporters .
We know it well

Topdog
28-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Champion Danzar, absolute champion

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Last chance this morning to get tickets in standing room.
Fingers,Arms and Legs crossed!

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 07:59 AM
What a legend. That's the epitome of sportsmanship.

Go_Dogs
28-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Love your work Danzar.

jeemak
28-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Great stuff Danzar.

All, I'm still looking for a seated/nosebleed ticket to exchange for the standing ticket I have secured for my Aunt.....cheers.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 08:41 AM
So all of us have tickets now!!!!!!!!!!!!! What word would you use to describe that EasternWest? :D

Topdog
28-09-2016, 08:44 AM
So all of us have tickets now!!!!!!!!!!!!! What word would you use to describe that EasternWest? :D

Pretty good?

Nah AWESOME

comrade
28-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Wow, what a gesture.

choconmientay
28-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Hey guys

I can help out here.

Scraggers, Choco & Daughter of the West, if you would like tickets, I have three Cat 5 seated in Q54-2, Row GG that you can have at face value. You'll sit together, but there is one drawback - it's in the Swans section. :)

To Hose - I have one left and happy to extend it to you if you want to join them, rather than standing on your own! If you sell your standing room ticket, I do ask that you do so at face value as I am. That's my condition. Given the support everyone clearly shows each other here, I know this condition will be met.

Considerations:
* PM me for logistics,but basically I'll meet you outside the ground with the tickets.
* If you don't need or can't take the tickets, please let me know straight away and I'll offer them elsewhere.

Conditions of sale:
2. Be nice to us Swannies supporters, don't be like Hawthorn supporters were in 2014 and 2012 :)

What an amazing season. It hung in the balance so many times and the finals were something to cherish.

On a personal note, good on you guys for sticking by your club over such a long time. With that, you have a genuine kindred spirit in us Swans supporters. I remember 2005 and how hard it was for many of us to miss out. It doesn't feel right to offer these tickets to anyone but 'woofers'.

Cheer cheer

Danzar :) You are a life saver. I am grateful for your noble gesture to 'woofers' and certainly would like to take a ticket off your hand.

Woofers - I am going guysssssssssssssssssssssssssss but still sweating for the standing room tickets for my family :)

Danzar, I will PM you through my detail and can't wait for us to meet at the ground and give you a hug :).

I will obey all yours rules, conditions:

1. Use the ticket - Tick. Can get hold of one, how can I resell :)
2. Nice to Swannies Supporters - Tick. Both teams deserved to be in the GF because we got the fairest players, you got the best supporters in Sydney, we got the best supporters in Melbourne. No chance of us being like the Hawks (On and Off the field).

Thanks again Danzar. Your sportsmanship is much appreciated by all of us. ( PM sent to your inbox. Please check)

Woofers - Thanks for supporting me and keep my spirit high over the past few days. BT You are a champ to have this thread started and help out everyone.

bornadog
28-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Danzar :) You are a life saver. I am grateful for your noble gesture to 'woofers' and certainly would like to take a ticket off your hand.

Woofers - I am going guysssssssssssssssssssssssssss but still sweating for the standing room tickets for my family :)

Danzar, I will PM you through my detail and can't wait for us to meet at the ground and give you a hug :).

I will obey all yours rules, conditions:

1. Use the ticket - Tick. Can get hold of one, how can I resell :)
2. Nice to Swannies Supporters - Tick. Both team deserved to be in the GF because we got the fairest players, you got the best supporters in Sydney, we got the best supporters in Melbourne. No chance of us being like the Hawks (On and Off the field).

Thanks again Danzar. Your sportsmanship is much appreciated by all of us. ( PM sent to your inbox. Please check)

Woofers - Thanks for supporting me and keep my spirit high over the past few days. BT You are a champ to have this thread started and help out everyone.

Thanks to Danzar, this is incredible to say the least.

Now Choco, finish painting that fence RWB and get ready for a great game.

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 10:28 AM
That is sensational. We are all off to the GF!

Unbelievable.

Redandwhiteonline
28-09-2016, 10:32 AM
It's a pleasure guys. I think the greater good was already within the spirit of this thread.

"Leave no woofer behind" ;)

...amazing stuff, well done!

Another point - I won't be offended if you all shuffle or swap these tickets around so that you're with family/friends etc, completely understandable. You might even find some Swans supporters stuck over in a Bulldogs section who might swap.

Daughter of the West
28-09-2016, 10:46 AM
It's a pleasure guys. I think the greater good was already within the spirit of this thread.

"Leave no woofer behind" ;)

...amazing stuff, well done!

Another point - I won't be offended if you all shuffle or swap these tickets around so that you're with family/friends etc, completely understandable. You might even find some Swans supporters stuck over in a Bulldogs section who might swap.

Cheers R&WO - we're all super appreciative!

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 10:49 AM
We are all going to the grand final. Repeat after me.... :D

captash
28-09-2016, 11:06 AM
My 75yo Dad is devastated to have missed out on the members ballot.

I'm really committed to finding him a ticket as I know it means the world to him.

Flamethrower
28-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Anyone still after a ticket - Ticketek about to release a small number of standing room tix to WB members only at 11am.

choconmientay
28-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Woahhhaaaaa. Just now I scored standing tickets for my family. So all of us are going. How good is this?! :) Happy day :) Go DOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

1eyedog
28-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Woahhhaaaaa. Just now I scored standing tickets for my family. So all of us are going. How good is this?! :) Happy day :) Go DOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Mate I'm over the moon for you. Congratulations. I think we're all going now!

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 12:28 PM
So can we confirm Scraggers & DOTW now have tickets, and Jeemak's swap?

There's no one left behind?

NoseBleed
28-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Whoohoo.

Thanks woofers for alerting us to the sale this morning.

Set up a few pc's, and lucked out. Got 3 more standing room tickets for the last 3 of my family who'd missed out in the ballot.

This bulldog family are very happy today!

Daughter of the West
28-09-2016, 12:44 PM
So can we confirm Scraggers & DOTW now have tickets, and Jeemak's swap?

There's no one left behind?

I'm all taken care of BT!

SO EXCITED!!!

And thank you so much for your work collating this thread BT - and to the whole Woof family for looking out for each other. This is a damn special forum.

Topdog
28-09-2016, 12:49 PM
As semi mentioned elsewhere I'm after 2 seats for my son and I and happy to give a seated ticket in m3 back.

Would be awesome to share this moment with the little fella

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm all taken care of BT!

SO EXCITED!!!

And thank you so much for your work collating this thread BT - and to the whole Woof family for looking out for each other. This is a damn special forum.

You're all a lot closer to me than many of family, so it's nothing to help out.

Scraggers, you good?
Jeemak, get a swap at all?

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 12:51 PM
As semi mentioned elsewhere I'm after 2 seats for my son and I and happy to give a seated ticket in m3 back.

Can you work in with Jeemak and the great offers from the generous offers in a three way trade?

choconmientay
28-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Tickets now sold out on the TickeTek site.

jeemak
28-09-2016, 01:12 PM
BT I'm working with LWB to swap my standing for his seated......just progressing the finer points now.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 01:14 PM
BT I'm working with LWB to swap my standing for his seated......just progressing the finer points now.

Outstanding! Scraggers you're last up then, give us good news.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-09-2016, 01:15 PM
As much my wife and I, as long time members, would love to be there, circumstances mean we just can't do it.
I am just so chuffed that everyone here who wanted tickets was able to get them.
I hope you all have an amazing experience and I look forward to chatting here about the day and how we, in the words of Teddy, 'Stuck it right up them!!'

1eyedog
28-09-2016, 01:19 PM
Outstanding! Scraggers you're last up then, give us good news.

I'm pretty sure Scraggers is all good BT.

Scraggers
28-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Sorry all ... I missed out on the ballot and the residual sale !!

But none of that matters as my good friend EasternWest hooked me up !!! I have a seat in Q11 and am over the moon.

I fly out in 5 hours !!!! Can't wait !!!!!

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Scraggers is all good BT.

Then it's official, everyone that was after tickets has now got them. Brilliant effort by this committed Bulldogs community.

1eyedog
28-09-2016, 01:23 PM
Then it's official, everyone that was after tickets has now got them. Brilliant effort by this committed Bulldogs community.

edit. How good is that!

choconmientay
28-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Sorry all ... I missed out on the ballot and the residual sale !!

But none of that matters as my good friend EasternWest hooked me up !!! I have a seat in Q11 and am over the moon.

I fly out in 5 hours !!!! Can't wait !!!!!

Does this mean you didn't take on the offer from Redandwhiteonline?

That also mean we could have a 3 ways trade if the extra ticket from Redandwhiteonline is still available for Topdog to take?!

I would then take the seat from Topdog, He could then take 2 of Redandwhiteonline where he can then sit together with his 6yo son. Would this work? Finger crossed ...

boydogs
28-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Cinder was looking for a ticket for her sister I think?

Scraggers
28-09-2016, 01:55 PM

Correct ... Sorry guys; I've been off the radar for a day trying to organise all things for the GF.

Thank you for your kind offer RAWO ... true sportsmanship

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 03:04 PM
Hi all, long time no see. What a year. Sadly missed out on the ballot -- been offered the chance to buy a $2500 corporate package by a client but don't really want to cough that up, will probably just watch it at the Yarra Park Live Site unless someone here has a spare ticket (or two) they need to get rid of, especially anywhere on the first or second level. Happy to pay a premium on face value if that helps.

Just PM me, I'm in Richmond but happy to come pick it up from anywhere or grab it on the day.. will be just outside the 'G anyway. Will also be at the open training session tomorrow and GF parade if that's convenient. Thanks in advance for all your help, no worries either way.

p.s. Are Doggies fans planning a march to the 'G on Grand Final Day?

bornadog
28-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Hi all, long time no see. What a year. Sadly missed out on the ballot -- been offered the chance to buy a $2500 corporate package by a client but don't really want to cough that up, will probably just watch it at the Yarra Park Live Site unless someone here has a spare ticket they want to get rid off, especially anywhere on the first or second level. Happy to pay a premium on face value if that helps.

Just PM me, I'm in Richmond but happy to come pick it up from anywhere or grab it on the day.. will be just outside the 'G anyway. Will also be at the open training session tomorrow and GF parade if that's convenient. Thanks in advance for all your help, no worries either way.

p.s. Are Doggies fans planning a march to the 'G on Grand Final Day?

Good to hear from you Lantern and good luck with getting a ticket.

There is a thread on a meet up at Beer Deluxe, Fed Square and we will do our own March. Come along and make your self known.

choconmientay
28-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Thanks to Danzar, this is incredible to say the least.

Now Choco, finish painting that fence RWB and get ready for a great game.

:) The 3 middle panels are reserved for the GF win this Saturday :) I am ready now for the great game.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtaaXCXWEAQR9pC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtaaW-bWgAAAv0e.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtaaW87W8AAtjHr.jpg

Redandwhiteonline
28-09-2016, 03:27 PM
So, Topdog needs two and Lantern needs one, correct?

bornadog
28-09-2016, 03:30 PM

Not sure about Topdog, but looks like Lantern does.

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 03:31 PM

Thanks yes, either one or two works for me.

Redandwhiteonline
28-09-2016, 03:48 PM

That also mean we could have a 3 ways trade if the extra ticket from Redandwhiteonline is still available for Topdog to take?!

I would then take the seat from Topdog, He could then take 2 of Redandwhiteonline where he can then sit together with his 6yo son. Would this work? Finger crossed ...
This will work.

Lantern, I'll come back to you in a moment.

Redandwhiteonline
28-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Thanks yes, either one or two works for me.
Lantern, you're covered. I have one for you. Check page 6 of this thread for T&Cs :)

aker39
28-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Unsuccessful in the ballot this morning. Will try again at 11:00 to see if I can get any for my family. If not, please put my name down for a ticket. I am desperate now.

How many do you need?

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Lantern, you're covered. I have one for you. Check page 6 of this thread for T&Cs :)

Amazing. I'll PM you.

craigsahibee
28-09-2016, 04:15 PM

There is more detail and manoeuvring in this move than there was to get the Jade Rawlings/Lachlan Veale trade done.

choconmientay
28-09-2016, 04:15 PM
This will work.

We just need Topdog to be online and reply.

choconmientay
28-09-2016, 04:19 PM
How many do you need?

Thanks Aker but I am looked after by the generous RedandWhiteOnline already. Just need to rock up on the day to pick up my ticket. We are at Carlton Newsagent now and picked up Standing tickets for the rest of my family.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Now Official: 3.27pm on 28/09/2016: Everyone That Wanted Tickets, Have Tickets!!

Paddywhack
28-09-2016, 04:41 PM
How many do you need?
I'm still chasing two...

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 04:44 PM
I'm still chasing two...

Also try doggone on post 64 of this thread.

1eyedog
28-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Are there any standing room only tickets available please? Asking for my Cousin. No stress.

Paddywhack
28-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Also try doggone on post 64 of this thread.
Cheers!

batsta
28-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Hi All,

I bought 2 tickets as a surprise anniversary present for the wife and I but turns out she's not keen on the $ i spent on the tickets (and in turn i'm in the dog house)! So now, as much as I don't want to, let them go.
I ultimately would like to keep one but understand that someone would want the 2 to take their friend with them.
So I have 2 of the following to sell at my cost price to anyone who's interested. (bought from aflevents.com.au)

2016 Toyota AFL Grand Final Package
Grand Final Greatness - Centre Square
Grand Final Entry Category 2 Ticket

Sitting in Bay M8 - Exact seat allocation hasn't been finalised yet but the Bay number i've been told is M8

$2,639 a ticket ($5,278 total for the 2)
Ticket summary
The souvenir ticket(s) is both your entry to the 2016 Toyota AFL Grand Final, and the pre- and post-game functions at Centre Square.
As you countdown the final hours to the first bounce, indulge in an exquisite three course pre-game lunch in the beautiful surrounds of our hospitality precinct at Birrarung Marr. Enjoy the entertainment provided by a panel of football experts before a short stroll to the MCG to take your reserved seat and watch the action unfold.
Following the final siren - win, lose or draw, make your way back to Centre Square for the biggest Grand Final after party in town! While enjoying this five (5) hour cocktail function, complete with finger food and beverages, you will be entertained by a live musical act – more details can be found in the enclosed information sheet.
The lanyard(s) and wristband(s) enclosed with your final documentation must be in place upon entry to Centre Square for your Grand Final Greatness package.

So if you're looking for more than a simple GF experience, these are the tickets for you!
Let me know if you're interested

Saeed

Mantis
28-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Now Official: 3.27pm on 28/09/2016: Everyone That Wanted Tickets, Have Tickets!!

Are you saying this in your best Oprah Winfrey voice?

'You have tickets', 'You have tickets'.. 'Eveyone has tickets!!!'

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Are you saying this in your best Oprah Winfrey voice?

'You have tickets', 'You have tickets'.. 'Eveyone has tickets!!!'

You betcha! :D

Topdog
28-09-2016, 06:36 PM
This will work.

Lantern, I'll come back to you in a moment.

I'm here and would be thrilled to be involved

aker39
28-09-2016, 07:24 PM
I've just found out a mate has missed out on tickets for him and his 2 sons.
They are happy to stand.
I know they have left there run late, but if anyone could help that would be great. He has been a member for 30 years and his kids since birth. They drove to Sydney for the game last week, had the times of their lives and are now feeling a bit flat.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

HOSE B ROMERO
28-09-2016, 07:27 PM
:) The 3 middle panels are reserved for the GF win this Saturday :) I am ready now for the great game.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtaaXCXWEAQR9pC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtaaW-bWgAAAv0e.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtaaW87W8AAtjHr.jpg

Love it Choco! The vertical stripes on the door remind me of the '79 night series jumper.

EasternWest
28-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Hey guys

I can help out here.

Considerations:

Conditions of sale:

Cheer cheer

Wow. You're a bloody legend mate.

EasternWest
28-09-2016, 07:35 PM

Well it's certainly well north of average.

But none of that matters as my good friend EasternWest hooked me up !!! I have a seat in Q11 and am over the moon!!!

Man, that guy sounds, what's the word BT?

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Well it's certainly well north of average.

Man, that guy sounds, what's the word BT?

Sounds like a fellow handsome (now former) emergency service Union thug? Nah, F'N AWESOME brother!! :D :D

Redandwhiteonline
28-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Ok, we are all done. Choco, Topdog, Lantern and I have all worked out the final WOOF/redandwhiteonline deal ;) All are a sorted out including their +1s!

Choco will take Topdog's ticket in a swap to be closer with his family. Choco - that was really good of you to do that...it allowed the whole thing to fit together neatly - everyone got something.

Woofers, good luck to you and you team on Saturday. I hope it's a game for the ages. If you don't secure the flag this year, I'm pretty sure you'll have another shot waiting just around the corner.

Go Swans!

Dan

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Ok, we are all done. Choco, Topdog, Lantern and I have all worked out the final WOOF/redandwhiteonline deal ;) All are a sorted out including their +1s!

Choco will take Topdog's ticket in a swap to be closer with his family. Choco - that was really good of you to do that...it allowed the whole thing to fit together neatly - everyone got something.

Woofers, good luck to you and you team on Saturday. I hope it's a game for the ages. If you don't secure the flag this year, I'm pretty sure you'll have another shot waiting just around the corner.

Go Swans!

Dan

Dan, in a world that I am more and skepitcal about and struggle to see passed the darkness of our alleged humanity, you shine through like a run ray through a cloud break. You're awesome!

Nath73
28-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Does anyone have a spare standing room ticket? I managed to get get standing room for my kids 8,12,14 but still need 1 more so I can take them. Starting to stress now. Go Dogs!

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Last chance this morning to get tickets in standing room.
Fingers,Arms and Legs crossed!

Well,my Dad rang me this morning and said one of his best clients had a spare ticket to the GF and that I would jubilantly take it as I missed out on 2 ballots.
So I've now got a ticket and going to THE FRIGGIN GRAND FINAL BABY!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHH;)

choconmientay
28-09-2016, 09:00 PM

Go Swans!

Dan

The mammoth trades are done albeit the trade week hasn't started yet. If you are the player manager, you will probably give Pickering a run for his money ;) Thanks to you it's all sorted.

I am probably the beneficiary out of these trades, getting to get to the first round pick in M3. Topdog because of family reason have to take a hit and fall back to the draft pack to Q54 :D. Lantern is sitting back but all the sudden got 2 late round picks in Q54 as well. Redandwhiteonline pulled all the strings in the background to get the trades across the line :) Now I am happy that all of us are going. Redandwhiteonline can also be named as the White Knight :)

captash
28-09-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm after a ticket for my Dad. He's been a supporter for 75yrs and a loyal member too. He missed out on the ballot and is devastated. If anyone can help me find a seat please let me know.

Thanks

1eyedog
28-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Does anyone have a spare standing room ticket? I managed to get get standing room for my kids 8,12,14 but still need 1 more so I can take them. Starting to stress now. Go Dogs!

Really? You're 3 kids all under 15 are going but not you?

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Good to hear from you Lantern and good luck with getting a ticket.

There is a thread on a meet up at Beer Deluxe, Fed Square and we will do our own March. Come along and make your self known.

Thanks for the invite BAD!

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Really? You're 3 kids all under 15 are going but not you?

Maybe it's a Ticketek issue. All four barcodes should've been on the one ballot transaction.

1eyedog
28-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Maybe it's a Ticketek issue. All four barcodes should've been on the one ballot transaction.

That would really suck.

doggone
28-09-2016, 09:22 PM
hello all. just a quick update to let you know that i didn't end up getting the ticket but have comfort in knowing it has gone to a doggies supporter. good luck to your mob. this time of the year is very special. hope it works out for you all.

aker39
28-09-2016, 09:25 PM
I've just found out a mate has missed out on tickets for him and his 2 sons.
They are happy to stand.
I know they have left there run late, but if anyone could help that would be great. He has been a member for 30 years and his kids since birth. They drove to Sydney for the game last week, had the times of their lives and are now feeling a bit flat.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Just reposting this and hope that I would take priority over people who have signed up to the forum in the last day.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Just reposting this and hope that I would take priority over people who have signed up to the forum in the last day.

Goes without saying Aker.

If I come across anything I will let you know. Are the kids concession?

Topdog
28-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Yeah I was about to say quite a few new posters. The other question aker is does it need to be 3 tickets. I'm sure they'd all love to go together but if worse comes to worse and we find 1 or 2 spare would they take it?

bornadog
28-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Well,my Dad rang me this morning and said one of his best clients had a spare ticket to the GF and that I would jubilantly take it as I missed out on 2 ballots.
So I've now got a ticket and going to THE FRIGGIN GRAND FINAL BABY!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHH;)

Fantastic Redders, didn't realise you didn't have one and now you do.

1eyedog
28-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Are there any standing room only tickets available please? Asking for my Cousin. No stress.

He has been sorted and will now be going!

bornadog
28-09-2016, 09:50 PM

Yes we need to look after the posters who have contributed for some time.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Yes we need to look after the posters who have contributed for some time.

Of our great medium and long term community, this is the only outstanding request. Would be great to get this one done for Aker, and see what happens with any other new member requests if that happens.

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Quick question (I know the info will be somewhere, I just can't find it right now when I need it)- which end are our cheer squad at for the GF?

EDIT: found it.

aker39
28-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Yeah I was about to say quite a few new posters. The other question aker is does it need to be 3 tickets. I'm sure they'd all love to go together but if worse comes to worse and we find 1 or 2 spare would they take it?

I may have 1 from another source, so 2 would be good. The kids are old enough that they don't necessarily need to be with their dad and could stand if needs be.

bornadog
28-09-2016, 10:18 PM
Of our great medium and long term community, this is the only outstanding request. Would be great to get this one done for Aker, and see what happens with any other new member requests if that happens.

Yes a must for Aker39, he has priority over recent people who have joined.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
28-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Did chef get a ticket?

bornadog
28-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Did chef get a ticket?

Yes he did

chef
28-09-2016, 10:53 PM
Did chef get a ticket?

Yeah buddy im going

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 10:54 PM
Did chef get a ticket?

Yep, we are on the hunt for two or three for Aker to have ALL existing members looked after. A truly monumental effort for a group like ours.

EasternWest
28-09-2016, 11:14 PM
I love this thread.

captash
28-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Hi all,

My Father Rod was born in Footscray in 1941 and has been a bulldogs fan all his life and a member of the club ever since i can remember. He missed out on a ticket and is devastated. It would be fantastic if someone could help him out. We've exhausted other sources including ebay and gumtree.

jazzadogs
29-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Quite incredibly, I was sat next to a Bulldogs fan on the flight home, but the silly/dedicated guy has flown back despite not having a ticket yet!!

He's lived in london for the last 14 years and let his membership lapse, but is as passionate a fan as I've ever met. I promised him I'd put it on the forum in case anything came up.

Also, I'm finally in Melbourne YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!!

EasternWest
29-09-2016, 08:56 AM
Quite incredibly, I was sat next to a Bulldogs fan on the flight home, but the silly/dedicated guy has flown back despite not having a ticket yet!!

He's lived in london for the last 14 years and let his membership lapse, but is as passionate a fan as I've ever met. I promised him I'd put it on the forum in case anything came up.

Also, I'm finally in Melbourne YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!!

Welcome home Jazz.

Topdog
29-09-2016, 03:40 PM
My little one has come down with a pretty bad fever and I really don't know if he will be OK to come to the game. As such I am not going to take the ticket from Redandwhiteonline. Aker if your mates are OK with just 1 ticket hopefully RAWO can get them to you.

choconmientay
29-09-2016, 03:50 PM
My little one has come down with a pretty bad fever and I really don't know if he will be OK to come to the game. As such I am not going to take the ticket from Redandwhiteonline. Aker if your mates are OK with just 1 ticket hopefully RAWO can get them to you.

Topdog, NP. Let me work out something with Redandwhiteonline and if the ticket is still available we will advise here in this thread.

choconmientay
29-09-2016, 04:06 PM
I may have 1 from another source, so 2 would be good. The kids are old enough that they don't necessarily need to be with their dad and could stand if needs be.

Aker,

Out of the deal with Redandwhiteonline (Topdog pulled out of the deal, I am taking 2 of his L4 tickets), we now have a spare concession Standing room ticket available. It's for you to take if you want to. The cost is 128$. I am sure this ticket could be upgraded to a full Standing room ticket (150$) if required. I have been emailing Redandwhiteonline and he's on the same page.

Please PM me so we could work out the detail.

Update: Aker39 responded and is going to take the concession ticket. There is no more tickets available. Thanks.

ash
29-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Hi all,
Understand I'm last in & worst dressed but throwing my plea out there for any ticket/s available.
Priority 1. For myself
Priority 2. For myself and kid turning eight on Monday
Priority 3. For myself, kid turning eight on Monday and six year old kid

angelopetraglia
29-09-2016, 05:05 PM
I have two friends, both lifelong Bulldog Supporters and Members (Father and daughter) who attend every game and made the journey to Sydney last week who have missed out in the ballot. Does anyone have any spare tickets left?

aker39
29-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Thankyou guys for helping. I now have 2 standing rooms, so if anyone hears of 1 more that would be great.

captash
29-09-2016, 08:05 PM
I had a woof member offer a ticket....then change their mind. So still hoping there's someone with a seated ticket they'd be willing to part with. My Dad was inconsolable to miss out on the ballot and after 55 yrs of waiting I don't want him missing out if at all possible. I realise there are plenty of others looking for tickets but few have waited as long as my Dad. (I'm personally stuck up in Newcastle with work but Dad is in Bendigo and will come down to Melbourne at any time to get hold of a ticket.

LostDoggy
29-09-2016, 08:19 PM
I had a woof member offer a ticket....then change their mind. So still hoping there's someone with a seated ticket they'd be willing to part with. My Dad was inconsolable to miss out on the ballot and after 55 yrs of waiting I don't want him missing out if at all possible. I realise there are plenty of others looking for tickets but few have waited as long as my Dad. (I'm personally stuck up in Newcastle with work but Dad is in Bendigo and will come down to Melbourne at any time to get hold of a ticket.

All the best Captash,hope you can secure a ticket for your Dad!

Roddy
29-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Can anyone tell me tonight's Seven News code ? Missed the news

bulldogtragic
29-09-2016, 10:10 PM
can anyone tell me tonight's seven news code ? Missed the news

'mcg'

aker39
30-09-2016, 09:18 AM
Last roll of the dice.

Still looking for 1 last ticket to go with the 2 standing room tickets I have for my mate and his 2 sons. Seat or standing room, anything.

As I said previously, they have been long standing members, made the trip to Sydney but missed out in the ballot.

LostDoggy
30-09-2016, 09:23 AM
Last roll of the dice.

Still looking for 1 last ticket to go with the 2 standing room tickets I have for my mate and his 2 sons. Seat or standing room, anything.

As I said previously, they have been long standing members, made the trip to Sydney but missed out in the ballot.

Hope someone can come through with a ticket for your mate Aker?!

NoseBleed
30-09-2016, 12:03 PM
I've got two standing room suddenly spare.
One is gate 5, the other is Gate one.

1eyedog
30-09-2016, 12:27 PM
Pm sent

aker39
30-09-2016, 12:41 PM
I've got two standing room suddenly spare.
One is gate 5, the other is Gate one.

I've sent you a PM.
I've been waiting for a couple of days. It I could please have the gate 5 one it would be greatly appreciated.

aker39
30-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Thankyou everyone for your great support.
When I spoke to my mate just before he said he is indebted to everyone.
I can now relax and enjoy the parade.
See you all at Beer Deluxe tomorrow

NoseBleed
30-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Pm sent

PM replied with my phone number. Call me and it's yours. (Last one)

C.

NoseBleed
30-09-2016, 02:15 PM
Both gone now. Aker39 and ash.

ash
30-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Thank you so much NoseBleed, words fail but I just bet you all know exactly how much this means, how relieved and grateful I am. Looking forward to meeting at Beer Deluxe.
Go dogs!

1eyedog
30-09-2016, 02:56 PM
PM replied with my phone number. Call me and it's yours. (Last one)

C.

All good mate couldn't get hold of my mate. You snooze you lose

LostDoggy
30-09-2016, 06:41 PM
This is a general rant, but there were lots of people complaining on Facebook that tickets should be available/ sold to the general public. Why? While I definitely agree that a hell of a lot more than 30% of tickets should be allocated to the participating teams members, I'm pretty sure the people complaining were the ones who aren't members because this was before the ballot.

I felt like saying YOU WOULD HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING ABLE TO BUY A TICKET IF YOU ACTUALLY SUPPORTED YOUR CLUB VIA A MEMBERSHIP. All members got a chance of getting a ticket, and thousands still missed out, so why should someone who isn't a member be able to buy a ticket when theres not even enough to go around as it is? Ugh.

A lot of the people complaining about tickets were Bulldog "fans" (I refuse to call them supporters because in this case they're not actually supporting anything...). Sign up! There are cheaper/ long distance membership options available, and I for one would rather give my admissions fee to the club rather than the fricken Etihad mob (even though we get screwed over with that whole deal anyway, but thats another rant for another time). Also I don't see the logic- you can't fork out a few bucks for a membership to see the club you supposedly support play, but you'd be happy to rock up on grand final day when all the hard work has been done? Piss off.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. I get a bit carried away with my rants but PEOPLE ARE EFFING DUMB.

Flamethrower
30-09-2016, 07:20 PM
This is a general rant, but there were lots of people complaining on Facebook that tickets should be available/ sold to the general public. Why? While I definitely agree that a hell of a lot more than 30% of tickets should be allocated to the participating teams members, but I'm pretty sure the people complaining were the ones who aren't members because this was before the ballot.

I felt like saying YOU WOULD HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING ABLE TO BUY A TICKET IF YOU ACTUALLY SUPPORTED YOUR CLUB VIA A MEMBERSHIP. All members got a chance of getting a ticket, and thousands still missed out, so why should someone who isn't a member be able to buy a ticket when theres not even enough to go around as it is? Ugh.

Someone needs to explain to these people that Grand Final tickets ARE available to everyone. They start at $990 for the cheap seats, up to $3200 for premium category 1 tickets. That is market value for an event like a Grand Final. Members pay discounted prices ($150 to $399) for their loyalty.

LostDoggy
02-10-2016, 01:44 AM
I just wanted to say a public thank you to WOOF on behalf of all the long-suffering/longtime members who managed to get tickets through this amazing community. Also a special thank you to Sydney legend RedandWhiteOnline who helped a bunch of us out and gave us a chance to experience this historic occasion. It was a win for the ages, and it means so much more because the Bulldogs have always been so much more than simply a footy club for us to 'support' and lord it over others when we win. It has never been just sport for us. The Bulldogs are a community, an idea, and an ethos, and WOOF embodied this for years before Beveridge, Gordon and Co. finally fully realised it at the club itself. It's been a hell of a ride. Thanks again, good night all.

angelopetraglia
02-10-2016, 10:26 AM
Everyone I knew who wanted a ticket ending up getting one. The generosity and support of the WOOF community to help get everyone a ticket was superb. Simply outstanding. Kudos to everyone.

KT31
08-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Great effort to all Woofers who help out getting those that needed tickets, what a wonderful membership we have.

Twodogs
08-10-2016, 11:23 AM
A community that was able to organise something like making sure all the real supporters got a ticket to ur first GF in 55 years was exactly the sort of reason we set WOOF up back in the day. To create a community of bulldog supporters no matter where they were in the world. We wanted to take the Whitten Oval experience /ethos worldwide.

Well done everyone.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2016, 11:27 AM
A community that was able to organise something like making sure all the real supporters got a ticket to ur first GF in 55 years was exactly the sort of reason we set WOOF up back in the day.

Well done everyone.

Yep. 10+ years of relationship building culminating in a wonderful result. I hope that the new members signed up in Grand Final week contribute from here on in, because as we saw, we need to prioritise looking after regular contributors first. So please become active for the sake of our community, and next GF to be prioritised.

KT31
08-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Yep. 10+ years of relationship building culminating in a wonderful result. I hope that the new members signed up in Grand Final week contribute from here on in, because as we saw, we need to prioritise looking after regular contributors first. So please become active for the sake of our community, and next GF to be prioritised.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and call me a little sceptical but I'm thinking we may not hear from a couple of newbies until next September.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2016, 12:17 PM
I'm hoping I'm wrong and call me a little sceptical but I'm thinking we may not hear from a couple of newbies until next September.

I think you may be right with a few KT, but they'll find themselves at the bottom of the pecking order again. They can't say we didn't tell them or encourage them to become an active poster and receive the benefits our community receives. Such is life.

Twodogs
08-10-2016, 12:39 PM

10+ years. You're right, we missed one of WOOFs anniversaries!

azabob
08-10-2016, 12:54 PM

I think you may be right with a few KT, but they'll find themselves at the bottom of the pecking order again. They can't say we didn't tell them or encourage them to become an active poster and receive the benefits our community receives. Such is life.

Define regular contributors? Some regular posters a few years ago suddenly popped up again out of the blue....

bulldogtragic
08-10-2016, 12:54 PM
10+ years. You're right, we missed one of WOOFs anniversaries!

We did a big thread earlier in the year. People even said nice things about you! :D

bulldogtragic
08-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Define regular contributors? Some regular posters a few years ago suddenly popped up again out of the blue....

I'm not too sure. Seeing what we were able to do as a community, perhaps for next time the mods can put something specific together about rewarding actual contributors first.

azabob
08-10-2016, 01:11 PM
I'm not too sure. Seeing what we were able to do as a community, perhaps for next time the mods can put something specific together about rewarding actual contributors first.

You did a great effort driving it mate. You should be proud.

Topdog
08-10-2016, 02:09 PM

Yep, well done to all

Twodogs
08-10-2016, 02:15 PM
We did a big thread earlier in the year. People even said nice things about you! :D

Oh yeah! In my defence it's been a big week preceded by a huge month and while I haven't exactly been doing it large (next flag I will actually relax long enough to celebrate and enjoy) there has been a fair bit to insert into the memory banks.

We pretty much kept out of it. Too many cooks and all that. You had it under control.

Mostly.

The Adelaide Connection
17-09-2017, 02:33 AM
Hi all,

I thought I might get in early to see if anyone has access to Grand Final tickets (AFL, MCC members etc.) that they won't be using.

I have managed to convert my entire family to supporting the Dogs but my little sister still insists on having the Dogs as #2 behind the Crows. Should they make it she will be in the Priority 2 ballot (not having the Crows equivalent to Social Club), but facing long odds with only 4500 tickets in this ballot with roughly 50000 eligible members in this tier.

Obviously there is still a fair bit to play out, but should the Crows make it and she is unsuccessful I would love to be able to get my hands on a few tickets and take her. I would be super appreciative if anyone with access they are not using could help out.

Cheers,
TAC

boydogs
17-09-2017, 04:06 AM
Would the GF still get 90k+ if it was Adelaide v GWS?

If Richmond make it tickets will be hard to get

The Adelaide Connection
17-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Would the GF still get 90k+ if it was Adelaide v GWS?

If Richmond make it tickets will be hard to get

I think with so few tickets for club members they are always hard to get. Even GWS can fill their allocation easily with their membership totals. I think there aren't any options left to club members aside shelling out serious $$$ for a package, that's why I am holding out hope that someone might not be using their MCC or Afl members access, this is pretty much the only other way to get them.

Topdog
17-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Sydney didn't fill their allocation, no way GWS does.

2 interstate teams always has spare seats

chef
17-09-2017, 06:44 PM
My son inlaw is a mad Tigers fan and he's driving down this week from Darwin for the Prelim. Anyone with a spare I'd love to be able to give him a ticket to the GF if they get in.

The Adelaide Connection
24-09-2017, 12:08 AM
Hi all,

I thought I might get in early to see if anyone has access to Grand Final tickets (AFL, MCC members etc.) that they won't be using.

I have managed to convert my entire family to supporting the Dogs but my little sister still insists on having the Dogs as #2 behind the Crows. Should they make it she will be in the Priority 2 ballot (not having the Crows equivalent to Social Club), but facing long odds with only 4500 tickets in this ballot with roughly 50000 eligible members in this tier.

Obviously there is still a fair bit to play out, but should the Crows make it and she is unsuccessful I would love to be able to get my hands on a few tickets and take her. I would be super appreciative if anyone with access they are not using could help out.

Cheers,
TAC

Bump. Unsuccessful in the ballot (unsurprisingly) and hoping there might be someone with AFL barcode/MCC ticket access that they are not using. Would be eternally grateful.

Cheers.

The Adelaide Connection
24-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Hey Twodogs, your inbox is full. Didn't have any luck, was that the barcode?

Twodogs
24-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Hey Twodogs, your inbox is full. Didn't have any luck, was that the barcode?

Now unfilled mate. Check you PMs

EasternWest
24-09-2017, 03:47 PM
I just read this while thread again. Good times, friends. Good times.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2017, 03:52 PM
I just read this while thread again. Good times, friends. Good times.

Awesome.

EasternWest
24-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Awesome.

I knew you'd be on board.

So awesome.

The Adelaide Connection
24-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Am I right in remembering that they release a thousand odd tickets on the day of the GF from the ticket box at the G? And crazy folk sleep out all night to get them?

Does anyone know anything about this?

cinder
25-09-2017, 01:19 PM
Am I right in remembering that they release a thousand odd tickets on the day of the GF from the ticket box at the G? And crazy folk sleep out all night to get them?

I don't know but I read on the weekend there is no general public release tickets for the GF, which was what I always thought.

Flamethrower
25-09-2017, 01:53 PM

Total myth.

The only people lining up all night are MCC members who missed out on the reserved seat ballot.

Any tickets left over from the 2 club members' ballot, AFL members reserve sales or corporate sales are offered back to the competing clubs for members who missed out in the ballot - usually done Thursday morning.

In 2016 the Swans had a limited number of standing room tickets that were unsold, so these were offered to WB members who had missed out in the ballot.

In previous years, especially in GFs between 2 non Victorian teams, there have been a small number of tickets offered in the AFL members reserve to club members who missed out. (After 1st being offered to silver AFL members).

There are almost always corporate packages left unsold (especially the ones going for $3000+). The clubs have an unwritten agreement to sell them to the 2 competing clubs, who then distribute them amongst their own members. Anyone desperate for a ticket should be ringing EVERY licenced GF ticket inseller (there is a full list on the AFL website every year) to enquire about any unsold packages. From experience, the non-competing, non-Victorian teams seem to have the most unsold packages. Be prepared to pay way over face value though.

One of my mates is a Collingwood member, and he got into the 2010 GF like this....rang around every club until he bought a package through Port Adelaide for about $700 - got to attend their GF breakfast as well.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-09-2017, 02:09 PM
If anyone has access to a GF ticket, please let me know.

I have a lifelong Tigers fan desperate for a ticket, would be great to help him out.

The Adelaide Connection
25-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Total myth.

The only people lining up all night are MCC members who missed out on the reserved seat ballot.

Any tickets left over from the 2 club members' ballot, AFL members reserve sales or corporate sales are offered back to the competing clubs for members who missed out in the ballot - usually done Thursday morning.

In 2016 the Swans had a limited number of standing room tickets that were unsold, so these were offered to WB members who had missed out in the ballot.

In previous years, especially in GFs between 2 non Victorian teams, there have been a small number of tickets offered in the AFL members reserve to club members who missed out. (After 1st being offered to silver AFL members).

There are almost always corporate packages left unsold (especially the ones going for $3000+). The clubs have an unwritten agreement to sell them to the 2 competing clubs, who then distribute them amongst their own members. Anyone desperate for a ticket should be ringing EVERY licenced GF ticket inseller (there is a full list on the AFL website every year) to enquire about any unsold packages. From experience, the non-competing, non-Victorian teams seem to have the most unsold packages. Be prepared to pay way over face value though.

One of my mates is a Collingwood member, and he got into the 2010 GF like this....rang around every club until he bought a package through Port Adelaide for about $700 - got to attend their GF breakfast as well.

Thanks heaps for this awesome post. Potentially saved me driving to Melbourne and sleeping out all night trying to get some crazy mythical unicorn tickets.

Will be doing my darnedest to track tickets, if anyone knows of anyone trying to offload two (or more) please let me know.

Cheers

bornadog
25-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Thanks heaps for this awesome post. Potentially saved me driving to Melbourne and sleeping out all night trying to get some crazy mythical unicorn tickets.

Will be doing my darnedest to track tickets, if anyone knows of anyone trying to offload two (or more) please let me know.

Cheers

Good luck, hopefully you can get one

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 05:25 PM

Cheers

Come on mate, be a little bit insane. Drive over-you know you wanna do it.:D

Rocco Jones
25-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Have a couple of keen Tigers if anyone has a free ticket or two,

Topdog
25-09-2017, 07:07 PM
yeah in the extremely unlikely chance that anyone has one I have a mad Crows supporter who would love to get one. Took her to the Hawks vs Port prelim final a couple of years back and she was barracking for the Hawks (or against Port) more than any of the Hawks fans at the game

The Adelaide Connection
25-09-2017, 11:58 PM
Haha, your crazy ticketless odyssey has inspired me- I am driving over on Friday despite no real avenues to get my hands on tickets.

Worst comes to worst I love Melbourne and being a teacher I am on holidays from Friday and would be more than happy to spend a few days catching up with mates, spending hard earned on the sales in the Whitten oval shop, drinking ungodly amounts of coffee, and eating burgers out of a train somebody stuck up on a roof.

I am still foolishly hopeful that I can snag a few tickets and come armed happy to pay overs (err I mean pay 'face value plus a special fee for the envelope') so that might go in my favour. All I can say is that 10+ years of Social Club fees were worth not having to go through this when we made it last year- I don't think I would have coped!

I am sure everyone knows at least a dozen people looking for tickets that they would pass them onto in the unlikely event of actually knowing someone who has extras, but should mystical bonus ticket holders exist and you are sitting around racking your brain about who might like some... I am your man. Even if it's just one, I will gladly send my sister on her way and sit at Fed square after filling my belly full of Southern fried chicken waffles (which is an Elvis sounding dish you absolutely must try) from Bowery to Williamsburg on Oliver Lane.

Maybe I need a costume for the 360 comp? ��

Twodogs
26-09-2017, 12:06 AM
Haha, your crazy ticketless odyssey has inspired me- I am driving over on Friday despite no real avenues to get my hands on tickets.

Worst comes to worst I love Melbourne and being a teacher I am on holidays from Friday and would be more than happy to spend a few days catching up with mates, spending hard earned on the sales in the Whitten oval shop, drinking ungodly amounts of coffee, and eating burgers out of a train somebody stuck up on a roof.

I am still foolishly hopeful that I can snag a few tickets and come armed happy to pay overs (err I mean pay 'face value plus a special fee for the envelope') so that might go in my favour. All I can say is that 10+ years of Social Club fees were worth not having to go through this when we made it last year- I don't think I would have coped!

I am sure everyone knows at least a dozen people looking for tickets that they would pass them onto in the unlikely event of actually knowing someone who has extras, but should mystical bonus ticket holders exist and you are sitting around racking your brain about who might like some... I am your man. Even if it's just one, I will gladly send my sister on her way and sit at Fed square after filling my belly full of Southern fried chicken waffles (which is an Elvis sounding dish you absolutely must try) from Bowery to Williamsburg on Oliver Lane.

Maybe I need a costume for the 360 comp? ��

Great stuff. At the very least work on the basis that you are definitely not going if you stay in Adelaide. And at the very worst you can go to the MCG precinct and watch at a live sight. I'm considering doing that myself for a neutral it's often more fun than being inside.

aker39
26-09-2017, 01:06 PM

Make sure you tell your sister that, even if she doesn't get a ticket to the game, if the Crows win she can enter the G after the game to be there for the concert and the Crows players being presented on the ground.

Bulldog4life
26-09-2017, 02:34 PM
It just shows in this day and age if you want to go to the Grannie buy your club's membership ticket and preferably Social Club ticket. In my opinion you are not mad keen if you don't.

Daughter of the West
26-09-2017, 02:55 PM
It just shows in this day and age if you want to go to the Grannie buy your club's membership ticket and preferably Social Club ticket. In my opinion you are not mad keen if you don't.

I had Social Club for ages for exactly that reason. I always suspected that the Dogs would sneak in when nobody expected it and they well and truly proved me right!

I don't know that other club's equivalent social club tickets are as cheap as ours though.

bornadog
26-09-2017, 03:00 PM

You would have no hope if you were a Richmond Supporter fighting for a spot. They have 75,000 plus members.

Twodogs
26-09-2017, 03:09 PM
You would have no hope if you were a Richmond Supporter fighting for a spot. They have 75,000 plus supporters.

Members mate, they have 75,000 plus bloody members! They seem to have about a trillion supporters.

bornadog
26-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Members mate, they have 75,000 plus bloody members! They seem to have about a trillion supporters.

Yeah that is what I meant.

Scraggers
26-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Have a couple of keen Tigers if anyone has a free ticket or two,

Same same ... I’ve got a mate chasing two tickets. He’s been a member for over 20 years but missed out. If anyone knows of any, please message me.

bornadog
28-09-2017, 12:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKxbaZJVAAIVmYg.jpg