PDA

View Full Version : So I was a little silly, but now fixed.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 11:13 AM
A few personal reasons I dropped the social club add on to my membership but still kept the Bulldogs Backyard to still do something above. But after the concentrated stress week, I just called the club and upgraded it back on. They're very, very busy with members upgrading already, so if you don't want the stress again in future years then grab a social club upgrade while you still can, if you can. In so providing a windfall for the club. Awesome to hear that the membership department is going gang busters! Win-Win.

Twodogs
28-09-2016, 04:46 PM
You're doing what now?

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 04:48 PM
You're doing what now?

Social club on top of membership for the guaranteed ticket. This community is awesome, and I was lucky in the ballot. But talk about stress before everything fell into place. Seems a lot of members had the same idea this week upgrading with the club to not rely on luck ever again.

1eyedog
28-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Yep my cousin missed out in the ballot. Had SC up until 2014 and is a silver member. Has emailed me asking if I know anyone with standing room...

The Underdog
28-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Been a SC member for 9-10 years. This GF ticket has only cost me about $1300 when you take that into account

LostDoggy
28-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Yeah have upgraded my membership for next year too, to much strees for me to handle not having a guaranteed ticket.

AndrewP6
28-09-2016, 04:56 PM
I added SC way back in 2008 when we were in that run of PFs. Until this week it was simply an insurance! On the memberships, on the way to Sydney, we sat next to a woman who works in the marketing department. She said her office is next to Finley, who is the head of the membership department. They have been absolutely snowed under. Even put on something like 6 extra people to cover the demand. Great for the club.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Wen a sc member for 9-10 years. This GF ticket has only cost me about $1300 when you take that into account

Yep, I'm all about peace of mind usually when circumstances are ok. SC is a $2.30 a week insurance policy for a guaranteed ticket, leaving aside merchandise and other benefits. A tiny price to pay for peace of mind. I wonder what the SC cash windfall will be for the club off the back of this grand final?

Axe Man
28-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Wen a sc member for 9-10 years. This GF ticket has only cost me about $1300 when you take that into account

Same here. The positive is the money has gone to the club over the years on a payment plan rather than one big hit to a legalised scalper!

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 04:59 PM
I can't remember, do they have a maximum number for SC memberships?

Axe Man
28-09-2016, 05:02 PM
I can't remember, do they have a maximum number for SC memberships?

It has to be capped to guarantee grand final tickets. If they are letting people sign up now for next season they mustn't have hit the cap (or are raising it next year) as existing social club members would have first option.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 05:04 PM
It has to be capped to guarantee grand final tickets. If they are letting people sign up now for next season they mustn't have hit the cap (or are raising it next year) as existing social club members would have first option.

Thought there was. In that case people's, don't miss out on being a social club member for 2017 as they're going like hot cakes.

bornadog
28-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Thought there was. In that case people's, don't miss out on being a social club member for 2017 as they're going like hot cakes.

I thought the cap was 10,000?

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 05:18 PM

If anyone is waiting to see what happens on the weekend to commit to a SC, and it's goes as well as we expect, no one can say they missed out as they weren't told that the membership department is going gangbusters this week with SC upgrades/sales. Just BTs community service announcement.

Twodogs
28-09-2016, 05:44 PM
I added SC way back in 2008 when we were in that run of PFs. Until this week it was simply an insurance! On the memberships, on the way to Sydney, we sat next to a woman who works in the marketing department. She said her office is next to Finley, who is the head of the membership department. They have been absolutely snowed under. Even put on something like 6 extra people to cover the demand. Great for the club.

I only spent a little while wondering why our membership department had moved to Finley. It's in NSW for a start.

AndrewP6
28-09-2016, 06:54 PM
I only spent a little while wondering why our membership department had moved to Finley. It's in NSW for a start.

She did refer to him as "Finn", perhaps I should've said that instead. Hahaha

strebla
29-09-2016, 02:33 AM
I have 4 SC ember ships when I first upgraded I could only do 1 as we were playing in our second prelim in 2 years and they had sold out. In 2011 I upgraded the other 3 as insurance and it is the best decision I have ever done!!!!. I am a bulldog for life as are my 2 sons the 4h ticket is in my ex girlfriends name and used by family and friends I love my seats at Etihad but more than that when that siren sounded on Saturday night my joy was not instantly replaced in the fear o missing out on the big dance. It has allowed me to enjoy every second of this week best investment I have ever made!!!!!

Danny the snakeman
29-09-2016, 04:57 PM
After reading this have changed my sideline to interstate + social club for next year.

bulldogtragic
29-09-2016, 07:46 PM
After reading this have changed my sideline to interstate + social club for next year.

Awesome work Danny! The big clubs have hit their maximum limits for social club memberships, so as we get bigger (we cracked 40,000 members this year) I think a social club membership will be one of those things that many won't simply be able to get.

choconmientay
03-10-2016, 01:53 PM
After the ordeal to get GF tickets, we now have paid up for next year social club membership. Just hope that the maximum limits has not been hit yet.

Axe Man
03-10-2016, 03:48 PM
EJ Whitten Social Club membership reaches capacity (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-03/social-club-membership-reaches-capacity)

The EJ Whitten Social Club has hit capacity, with a waiting list now opening up for the Bulldogs' grand final ticket guarantee membership.

The membership department has been flooded with calls on Monday morning following Saturday's AFL Grand Final triumph, leading to the EJ Whitten Social Club reaching capacity for the first time.

In addition to the EJ Whitten Social Club membership add-on, the Charles Sutton Premiership Circle add-on has also reached capacity for the 2017 season, and is no longer available for purchase.

The exhaustion of both membership add-on products takes into consideration members who had upgraded via their membership renewal emails received last week and any members that had contacted the Club prior to noon today, but who may not have received confirmation yet. 

A representative of the membership team will be in touch this week with anyone who enquired about EJ Whitten Social Club membership before noon today to ensure they are accommodated.

A wait list is now in effect for members still wanting to add the EJ Whitten Social Club to their membership package when places become available.

To add your name to the wait list, call 1300 46 36 47.

Wait list registration costs a non-refundable fee of $20.00, which will be deducted from the total cost of the upgrade when a place becomes available.

Due to the high interest in membership following the weekend’s premiership win, the Club’s Membership Services Team is experiencing unprecedented levels of inbound calls, and we’d ask that you please be patient when calling them.

We’re currently experiencing on-hold times of 20-minutes, and apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. The Membership Services Team will address your enquiry as soon as possible.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 03:50 PM
I hope non SC woofers listened to me when I posted this thread last week.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 03:51 PM

It is, and it's reached!!

choconmientay
03-10-2016, 03:51 PM
EJ Whitten Social Club membership reaches capacity (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-03/social-club-membership-reaches-capacity)

The EJ Whitten Social Club has hit capacity, with a waiting list now opening up for the Bulldogs' grand final ticket guarantee membership.

We paid up so finger crossed that nothing goes wrong there.