PDA

View Full Version : Biggs & Dunkley

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Must be an extra special game for these boys. One not given games by Sydney and is now blossoming into a very good player. The other deliberately overlooked/passed up by Sydney as a father/son recruit only 10 months ago. Adds a little personal dimension for these guys, and hope they do well. As well as us having their 4th rounder for Talia. It will be sweet to have their 4th rounder Talia pick below ours just for the sake of it (even if we don't use it, or give it away).

Axe Man
28-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Apparently the Swans actually agreed not to match a bid from a Victorian club for Dunkley because he wanted to stay close to home. Hopefully they live to regret their generosity on Saturday.

The generous deal that got Dunkley to the Dogs (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-28/dunkleys-draft-deal-how-josh-ended-up-at-dogs)

A recruiter, who wished to remain anonymous and is not affiliated with the Swans or Bulldogs, revealed why the Swans became the first club not to match a bid on a father-son prospect.

"The family was pretty keen to see Josh stay in Melbourne and the Swans understood that," the recruiter said.

"The Swans agreed not to match a bid from a (Victorian) club for him, only if (the bid) came from a side outside Victoria.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 06:17 PM
Then are they going to let Ky Dunkley stay too? (Younger brother in the TAC system) Like you I hope it bites them, and their $900,000 COLA advantage.

azabob
28-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Then are they going to let Ky Dunkley stay too? (Younger brother in the TAC system) Like you I hope it bites them, and their $900,000 COLA advantage.

Not sure why you are having a go at the Swans.

They are a well run club and appear to do the right thing in all their dealings with us on the trade table etc.

Compare them to GWS.......

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Not sure why you are having a go at the Swans.

They are a well run club and appear to do the right thing in all their dealings with us on the trade table etc.

Compare them to GWS.......

I hope Dunkley & Biggs play really well. I dislike Talia. I don't like that they have Buddy Frankling playing against us this week because they have a huge salary cap advantage over us, which is their apparent right. Not sure I categorise that as having a go at them to be fair.

cinder
28-09-2016, 09:55 PM
I read today that Hanneberry's dad played for Bulldogs, why didn't we get him under father/son?

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 09:56 PM
I read today that Hanneberry's dad played for Bulldogs, why didn't we get him under father/son?

Not enough games, like the Reids and Billie Smedts.

FrediKanoute
28-09-2016, 09:57 PM

Not enough games. Real shame that one.

I like Sydney - well run club, develop players well.

Twodogs
28-09-2016, 09:58 PM

He didn't play enough games. I think he only played 34 games and it was 50 games for dad for son to qualify then

cinder
28-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Ah ok, thanks all. Would have been a nice score!

Twodogs
28-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Didn't Hanneberry go on the third round, which was the concession then anyway?