Currently our Prelim
6.30 - Year of the Dogs (1996)

Seven:

8.30 - Bulldogs Road To Glory (2016)
9.30 - Friday Front Bar

Footy Marathon after.

HOSE B ROMERO
30-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Marngrook on Channel 34 7.30 - 9.00 tonight. Hang on, that's in 2 minutes. Bye.

HOSE B ROMERO
30-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Man, I've gotta get some sleep. This week has been huuuuuggggge.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 08:37 PM
I haven't watched Year of the Dogs in years. Still a great watch and insight of the club at the time.

chef
30-09-2016, 08:41 PM
I haven't watched Year of the Dogs in years. Still a great watch and insight of the club at the time.

Yep, watching it again too. Great doco.

G-Mo77
30-09-2016, 08:41 PM
So much has changed in 20 yearsnof football.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Yep, watching it again too. Great doco.

I remember thinking so highly of many of those players that just did nothing. Daniel Hargraves a case in point.

jazzadogs
30-09-2016, 08:46 PM

Not just into our club, but into the culture of AFL football clubs. Beer bongs and 'the elephant' at a club fundraising event!?!

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Not just into our club, but into the culture of AFL football clubs. Beer bongs and 'the elephant' at a club fundraising event!?!

Can you imagine that now? Oh lord, the media would melt down forever.

cinder
30-09-2016, 08:52 PM
That was a tough year. I saw YotD at the movies.

chef
30-09-2016, 09:01 PM
I remember thinking so highly of many of those players that just did nothing. Daniel Hargraves a case in point.

Yep. Brings back so many memories

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Plough: Sedat, if you can't kick the ball, get off the track.

Twodogs
30-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Man, I've gotta get some sleep. This week has been huuuuuggggge.

Yeah. We've got something big on tomorrow but I'm so tired I can't remember what it is.

For years I just assumed that every player on the list worked hard on their game and did everything right to be the best player they could be. Sure I knew they played up but I thought there must have been a window for drinking and going out that the players stuck to. I didn't think they'd be doing bucket bongs at club functions.

AndrewP6
30-09-2016, 09:50 PM
This "Road to Glory" show... wow. Nerves are really kicking in now.

G-Mo77
30-09-2016, 09:55 PM

Yeah calmed down a little watching Year of the Dog and back to square one now.

AndrewP6
30-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Murph, PG, Darce, Bevo.... jeez I love these blokes. I need a drink to calm myself down.

jazzadogs
30-09-2016, 10:19 PM
After the final siren against GWS, Chris Grant turned to Bob, gave him a hug and said two words "We're there".

That gave me tingles.

LostDoggy
30-09-2016, 10:22 PM
Hahah I love that Southerns current fave is Clay Smith.

AndrewP6
30-09-2016, 10:33 PM
John Schultz, what a magnificent bloke. Speaks with such pride. Brilliant.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2016, 10:36 PM
John Collins, what a magnificent bloke. Speaks with such pride. Brilliant.

Lucky to have him as a player, and as a club champion and wonderful person.

AndrewP6
30-09-2016, 11:03 PM
Gil Mac just describing the AFL Giants as a 25 year team before they get to be one of the biggest teams... what a barefaced liar. He will do everything to ensure they win it before too long.

But it won't be this year. IT WON'T BE THIS YEAR!!!!!

merantau
30-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Gil Mac just describing the AFL Giants as a 25 year team before they get to be one of the biggest teams... what a barefaced liar. He will do everything to ensure they win it before too long.

I absolutely have contempt for privileged knobs who, without any hint of self-consciousness, blatantly lie to the football public. Twenty-five years - what tosh. If the AEFL can't get them a flag within 10 it will be considered a gross fail.

Twodogs
01-10-2016, 05:29 AM
gil mac just describing the afl giants as a 25 year team before they get to be one of the biggest teams... What a barefaced liar. He will do everything to ensure they win it before too long.

But it won't be this year. It won't be this year!!!!!

it. Wont. Be. This. Year!!!!!

EasternWest
01-10-2016, 12:46 PM

I'm not a big fan of BT, but I loved the footage of him handing commentary over to Darcy. Something very paternal/fraternal about it.

aker39
04-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Michael Cordell, who was the producer of The Year Of The Dog has contacted me to ask if anyone has contacts details for Pat or Jenny.
He would like to speak to them.

Greystache
04-10-2016, 05:49 PM

He's saying that it'll 25 years before they're one of the BIGGEST clubs, i.e. members, attendances, revenue etc, not success in terms of premierships.

Ensuring GWS wins 6-7 flags in that time will be a key pillar in helping them become one of the biggest clubs in 25 years time. What they're too blind to see is that it'll be an easier task than they realise, because handing them flag after flag will reduce interest in the league as a whole, meaning GWS will have to grow a lot less than they think to become one of the biggest clubs.

bornadog
04-10-2016, 05:51 PM
He's saying that it'll 25 years before they're one of the BIGGEST clubs, i.e. members, attendances, revenue etc, not success in terms of premierships.

Ensuring GWS wins 6-7 flags in that time will be a key pillar in helping them become one of the biggest clubs in 25 years time.

Eddie has come out and said Giants should be excluded from the draft for the next two years and it will be good for footy.

AndrewP6
04-10-2016, 07:50 PM
ome one of the biggest clubs.
He's still a knob. :D

hujsh
05-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Eddie has come out and said Giants should be excluded from the draft for the next two years and it will be good for footy.

I'd enjoy it but it won't happen.

He did say they'd have access to their academy picks though so it's not as rough as it sounds. Still probably plenty of quality coming in.

comrade
05-10-2016, 10:41 AM

Ensuring GWS wins 6-7 flags in that time will be a key pillar in helping them become one of the biggest clubs in 25 years time. What they're too blind to see is that it'll be an easier task than they realise, because handing them flag after flag will reduce interest in the league as a whole, meaning GWS will have to grow a lot less than they think to become one of the biggest clubs.

Has Gil not seen Brisbane's demise?

Ozza
05-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Michael Cordell, who was the producer of The Year Of The Dog has contacted me to ask if anyone has contacts details for Pat or Jenny.
He would like to speak to them.

I'm pretty sure they still live in the same house. Its not far from where I live, and I've seen the daughter (Jenny) getting into her car (bulldogs stickers on the back).

Greystache
05-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Has Gil not seen Brisbane's demise?

He has, which is why I'm sure he'll do whatever it takes to make sure they regularly win flags and finish top four over the next 20 years. Brisbane got all their help up front, then after a bunch of flags were made to stand on their own 2 feet, and all the bandwagoning casual observers dropped off and they're now a rabble. GWS won't be standing on their own 2 feet in the foreseeable future, rest assured.