PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned-week four Grand Final v Sydney.

Twodogs
01-10-2016, 12:17 PM
It's the first grand final for all of us so three things should be easy this week.

GVGjr
01-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Shout them out 1, 2 and 3.

westdog54
01-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Unusually quiet on here. Can't imagine why...

Anyhoo.

1. We paid unders for Tom Boyd.
2. Luke Beveridge is a class act. The classiest in the AFL.
3. I seriously don't know what to do with myself right now.

josie
01-10-2016, 09:25 PM
1. Fairytales do come true
2. Swans players, coach and supporters are classy
3. Bevo and the boys stuck it up 'em
4. Just like the banner said....this team are now "BullGods"

I know this is 4 things, but hey this club defied the odds and plays on the edge, so kinda figure we fans can too!!

Twodogs
01-10-2016, 10:03 PM
1. It's a good thing I don't have to say three things.
2. I love everybody.
3. I love Bevo more.

bornadog
01-10-2016, 11:50 PM
1. Grand finals are exhausting

2. I didn' t believe we had so many supporters , Parade over 180k, MCG 100k, and at least 5000 at Whitten Oval today ( maybe more), couldn't tell from the replay.

3. I knew Bevo was special, but handing his medal to Murphy, is just so generous.

EasternWest
02-10-2016, 01:17 AM
1. 22 players will go down in Bulldogs folklore.
2. Beveridge is a class act.
3. I'll never forget this day.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2016, 01:27 AM
1. One of the greatest days of my life
2. The Tom Boyd humble pie is ready to be served
3. Records exist only for us to break them this year

bulldogtragic
02-10-2016, 03:57 PM
4. In the Semi, Prelim & Grand Final we had players kicking for goal on/after the siren at the end of the game.

LostDoggy
02-10-2016, 04:59 PM
1. I hope Tom Boyd is feeling smug.
2. We really put in a team effort. Not a single one of the finals was won solely by our stars like Stringer, Bont etc. It feels good.
3. The entire country really was behind us to win- it feels amazing. Nothing but support from Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong and Hawks supporters- odd, but so nice.

bornadog
03-10-2016, 12:57 PM
4. In the Semi, Prelim & Grand Final we had players kicking for goal on/after the siren at the end of the game.

At one stage it was four quarters in a row. Last Three v Hawks and the first v GWS

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2016, 12:59 PM
2nd half- 36 inside 50s to 16. 16 scoring shots to 7. We were dominating and really could have won more convincingly. Just so proud of the boys. Absolute amazing effort.

bornadog
03-10-2016, 01:00 PM
2nd half- 36 inside 50s to 16. 16 scoring shots to 7. We were dominating and really could have won more convincingly. Just so proud of the boys. Absolute amazing effort.

My mate ended up sitting next to Cross and at 3/4 time Crossy said to him, we have got this.

Ghost Dog
03-10-2016, 01:06 PM
1. Dreams can look very close to reality if you stick at it.
2. Tom Boyd repaid the faith and is more than capable. Never doubted him personally. Just moves so well for his size.
3. Bevo's coaching and people skills deserve a book. Would make interesting reading.

Twodogs
03-10-2016, 01:31 PM
1. Dreams can look very close to reality if you stick at it.
2. Tom Boyd repaid the faith and is more than capable. Never doubted him personally. Just moves so well for his size.
3. Bevo's coaching and people skills deserve a book. Would make interesting reading.

Tom Boyd can bend down and pick up a ball below his knees better than any player of his size I have even seen. He does it so well and looks so natural at doing it that most of us just accept it and don't realise what a great skill it is for a bloke of 200+ cms to just pick up a rolling ball and take off or kick it like a midfielder to advantage. we might say "oh Tom..." when he drops the odd easy mark but no-one in the AFL that plays Tom's position is as good as Tom is below his knees and that's the real advantage he has. When Morris tackled Buddy in the last quarter on saturday and Tom picked up that loose ball, spun and drilled it from inside the centre square of one step turned Tom Boyd into a genuine AFL superstar. Hes a nasty bastard too, I like that.

Barrett, Matthews and all the other doomsayers can go and violate themselves with the sharp end of a broken pool cue as far as I am concerned. If Barret is still working in this industry as a reporter next year, then I am not watching, reading or consuming any of the products he appears or opines on. He nailed his trousers to the 'Tom Boyd is a dud and Bevo cant coach" mast. He's been proven so wrong that its not funny and he needs to find himself a new job because he obviously has no idea at all about football. Barrett owns those words. They are his. He cant back out now with a "maybe he can play and maybe he can coach" its too late for that. He gets judged on that opinion. Yes opinions are like arseholes and everyone has one, but not everyone's opinion (and arsehole for that matter) stink as badly as Damien Barrett's do. Maybe Caro, who Damien seems determined to mimic in every way possible, can help Damo out? I doubt it though because she doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of him either the way she rolls her eyes and tutt tutts him whenever he says something that wrong in fact or just plain stupid. Some nights Damo talks so much rubbish that Caro looks like she has a facial tic.

I know you read WOOF Damo so piss off and find yourself a job where you know what you are doing because you know about 3/5s of *!*!*!*! all about football mate.

My mate ended up sitting next to Cross and at 3/4 time Crossy said to him, we have got this.

At about the 27 minute mark of the last quarter FDOTM turned to me and said "hey we are icing the clock in a *!*!*!*!ing grand final how good is this??" I almost told him to shut up but then I looked over to the bench and could see the boys on the bench hugging and carrying on and high fiving so I just hugged and kissed him instead. It's never felt so good before to kiss a man! :D

Stefcep
03-10-2016, 01:36 PM

I think the coaching team will have a good look at that is its been a season long pattern.

Flamethrower
03-10-2016, 01:54 PM
1. Watching your team win a Grand Final is an amazing feeling.

2. A lot of commentators have speculated about soccer being a sleeping giant in Australia. Wrong - The Western Bulldogs are the sleeping giant in Australian sport, and I think the giant is about to wake.

3. Tom Boyd has the potential to be the most valuable player in the AFL.

Daughter of the West
03-10-2016, 04:35 PM
1. Attending a grand final parade that your team features in is fun!
2. Winning a grand final and attending with heaps of family and friends is fun!
3. You can watch the same clip over and over and it can bring you to tears every time (Bevo handing his medal to Murph), but it's still fun to watch.

This grand final caper is heaps of fun, why haven't we done it sooner? :)

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 06:10 PM
1.WESTERN BULLDOGS
3.PREMIERS!!!! :cool:

hujsh
03-10-2016, 10:12 PM
1. There is justice
2. There is order to the universe
3. There is hope for mankind yet

1eyedog
04-10-2016, 12:20 AM
1. Sydney are OK. Don't mind beating them.
2. Would turn gay for Tom Boyd no dramas.
3. Any Bulldog premiership player I ever see in public watch out cause you're getting a hug and a big thanks.