02-10-2016, 12:13 AM
Well? Did we?

bornadog
02-10-2016, 12:19 AM
Yes we did

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtqoKs-VMAEOcOg.jpg

cinder
02-10-2016, 12:52 AM
I just spent $268 on merchandise - arghhhhh - hahahaha! It's all pre-order so will probably take AGES to arrive!

ratsmac
02-10-2016, 12:56 AM
We shit it in!!

EasternWest
02-10-2016, 01:15 AM
Yes. Yes we did.

Twodogs
02-10-2016, 01:35 AM
Yes. Yes we did.

Thank you. Succinct answer.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2016, 01:43 AM
With their multi million dollar forward line, outside of their 4 goals in 6 minutes. They kicked 6 goals in 114 minutes. So with that effort, I'd say we won.

EasternWest
02-10-2016, 01:43 AM
Thank you. Succinct answer.

Thank you. This forum is a better place with people like you in it.

choconmientay
02-10-2016, 06:18 AM
Yes we did and we're the only true believers since the West Coast game.
Yes we did! Winning a premiership without anyone backing us but us make it sooooo much more enjoyable and worthwhile.
Yes we did. History is written with this premiership win.

Yes. We did!

Twodogs
02-10-2016, 06:28 AM
Thank you. This forum is a better place with people like you in it.

You sir, are both a.jellybean and a scallop.

Go_Dogs
02-10-2016, 09:11 AM
What. A. Day.

chef
02-10-2016, 09:21 AM
The greatest premiership story ever.

Ghost Dog
02-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Thanks for posting that picture!
Does not seem real. As someone else said here, still cannot quite believe we beat WC, Hawks, and now...
There's Bob with a cup in his hand! Surely this is photoshopped!
WE DID IT! hahahahah

BornInDroopSt'54
02-10-2016, 12:20 PM
How good is this? The victory that we never lost faith with even though it took every one of my 62 years and a net loss of games during those faithful years.
Faith repaid. Heart balmed. The gift that will never stop giving. The win that cements community.
Thanks to WOOF for keeping us together during the struggle of hope.

AndrewP6
02-10-2016, 12:32 PM
****WARNING: If you're not a fan of the pun as a literary device, look away now. The pun game in this one is strong****

Gooooood morning! Woke up this morning, from the strangest dream, and it wasn't a dream!!! Yesterday will go down as a very special day in hisTORY. On the first day of OctoBONT, the Doggies lifted the premiership cup for the first time in 62 years, and we are LIBBArated from the tag of the "poor Dogs". A McRAE of sunshine rises over Whitten Oval and I'm sure the CD "Sons of the West" will be a big seller. I'm BOYD by the efforts of all the lads, I'm BOYD by the efforts of the coaching group, who have moulded this group like CLAY. For once MURPHY'S Law didn't apply, ROBERTS family will be proud as ever. A STRING of great plays led us to glory, McCLEAN hands was the order of the day, and many a cold BEVERIDGE was had by the punters up hill and down DALE, in the north, south, EASTON west. It nearly brought the DAHLHAUS down. Dogs were the HUNTER, and the Swans the prey.They were PICKEN their targets, they put the HAMMER down, JASON their opponents all day, and there were slam DUNKS everywhere. The BIGGS were good, the smalls were good, the smooth players and the ROUGHEADs.

We are THE PREMIERS!!!! Whooooooooo!!!!!!!!!#whynotus

westbulldog
02-10-2016, 12:52 PM
youngest teams in the 8, GF never won from 7th, 4 cutthroat finals - 2 interstate, first 2 against last year's grand finalists, racked by injuries throughout the year...........and.........more belief than ever seen in the AFL.............PREMIERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Webby
02-10-2016, 02:58 PM
We beat all three of the last three years grand finalists, as well as the team tipped to be an "awesome, immovable force" (interstate).

Game, set, match Doggies.

Twodogs
02-10-2016, 03:03 PM
****WARNING: If you're not a fan of the pun as a literary device, look away now. The pun game in this one is strong****

Gooooood morning! Woke up this morning, from the strangest dream, and it wasn't a dream!!! Yesterday will go down as a very special day in hisTORY. On the first day of OctoBONT, the Doggies lifted the premiership cup for the first time in 62 years, and we are LIBBArated from the tag of the "poor Dogs". A McRAE of sunshine rises over Whitten Oval and I'm sure the CD "Sons of the West" will be a big seller. I'm BOYD by the efforts of all the lads, I'm BOYD by the efforts of the coaching group, who have moulded this group like CLAY. For once MURPHY'S Law didn't apply, ROBERTS family will be proud as ever. A STRING of great plays led us to glory, McCLEAN hands was the order of the day, and many a cold BEVERIDGE was had by the punters up hill and down DALE, in the north, south, EASTON west. It nearly brought the DAHLHAUS down. Dogs were the HUNTER, and the Swans the prey.They were PICKEN their targets, they put the HAMMER down, JASON their opponents all day, and there were slam DUNKS everywhere. The BIGGS were good, the smalls were good, the smooth players and the ROUGHEADs.

That's more TISM than This is Serious Mum could have done. I am standing and ovating.

EasternWest
02-10-2016, 05:59 PM

Get out. That's filthy. Go home you're still drunk ;) ;) ;).

merantau
02-10-2016, 08:03 PM
This has been the finest finals campaign EVER launched.
I love this club. I have experienced the deepest, most heartfelt emotions following this Club. I don't care that we did not win a trophy for 62 years because we have always. had a go. No one could ever question our spirit and effort. We have now reached the Promised Land. Let's put down roots.

AndrewP6
02-10-2016, 09:33 PM
That's more TISM than This is Serious Mum could have done. I am standing and ovating.

I hope that means "clapping"! Haha. Thanks I'm pretty happy with it. I struggled with a pun for "Johanissen" but settled for "Jason".

AndrewP6
02-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Get out. That's filthy. Go home you're still drunk ;) ;) ;).

Hahaha. Took me a good 45 minutes or so... but *most* of the alcohol would've been out of my system by then!

G-Mo77
02-10-2016, 09:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/125034834184390/videos/1234364723251390/

Combines one of my favorite sporting movie moments with my favorite actual sporting moment.

Edit: Video link above, hope it works for you.

Twodogs
02-10-2016, 10:10 PM
https://www.facebook.com/125034834184390/videos/1234364723251390/

Combines one of my favorite sporting movie moments with my favorite actual sporting moment.

Edit: Video link above, hope it works for you.

Wow. That's just, just uplifting. I'll be watching that a few times.

Ghost Dog
02-10-2016, 10:57 PM
This is all, so, so surreal. It's the final I was totally unprepared for!

The Pie Man
03-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Yes we did

Amazing photo

chef
03-10-2016, 03:19 PM
I love Bevos face in that photo

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 04:07 PM
Farking Oath WE DID!!!!

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Farking Oath WE DID!!!!

Did you head to Whitten Oval on Sunday redders70. A great number of Dogs supporters on the Belgrave/Lilydale line coming in and equally who got on at Flinders street. Was too a few Doggies people who I don't think knew each other before but were happily discussing the game and I got in a few times :)

Twodogs
03-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Did you head to Whitten Oval on Sunday redders70. A great number of Dogs supporter on the Belgrave/Lilydale line coming and equally who got at Flinders street. Was too a few Doggies people who I don't think knew each other before but were happily discussing the game and I got in a few times :)

Great stuff Eastie. Did they have much to say?

Twodogs
03-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Amazing photo

Iconic it is.

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 04:21 PM
Great stuff Eastie. Did they have much to say?

Just about the main moments in the game. Tom Boyd's game, Picken, JJ etc.

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Did you head to Whitten Oval on Sunday redders70. A great number of Dogs supporter on the Belgrave/Lilydale line coming and equally who got at Flinders street. Was too a few Doggies people who I don't think knew each other before but were happily discussing the game and I got in a few times :)
Certainly did Easty ;)
The crowd was spectacular.
Took the wife and two pups along and what a magical day that was for all of us.
Something that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
Going to training Thursday,parade Friday,GF Saturday and then the Family Day yesterday.
Even the walk from West Footscray station to Footscray station (Trains were cancelled because of a fallen tree I think somewhere down the line) was surreal.
The 20min or so walk with so many others supporters felt like another march to the 'G.
Priceless :)

merantau
04-10-2016, 06:57 AM
This has been a stellar week for me. Back from Indonesia for the game, Bevo and the boys delivered BIG TIME winning, what all agree was a fantastic contest, we are the toast of the football world, I got to attend the massive gathering at the Whitten Oval Family Day and, yesterday at the Club, I got to meet and exchange a hug and a few words with Irene Chatfield. This is the most exciting time in the Club's history. A Sleeping Giant is about to monster the competition. Stay hungry Bulldogs. Let's keep feastingbecause, as we know from bitter experience, famines can last for a long time.
I have confidence that yhe on and off field tram we have assembled will seize this opportunity and wring every drop of advantage from it. We have arrived on the big stage. We are front and centre. We're not going away. We are growing and getting STRONGER. GO DOGS!

hujsh
04-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Amazing photo

Yes we did

I love Bevos face in that photo

Says a lot that he's happy to sit back and let the players lap up the plaudits. Every photo in that situation is the coach and captain celebrating but Bevo's happy to sit back without any fuss and let Murph take his place to recognize his importance to the club.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Says a lot that he's happy to sit back and let the players lap up the plaudits. Every photo in that situation is the coach and captain celebrating but Bevo's happy to sit back without any fuss and let Murph take his place to recognize his importance to the club.

Have to admit, when i watched it on TV for the first time, it looked like he wanted to lift it with both of them, but it was just too hard to given the cup has 2 handles. Don't think it bothered him though

Twodogs
05-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Bevo should have high fived John Schultz. That's what I would have done. When else is it going to be appropriate to high five John Schultz? Missed opportunity there.