PDA

View Full Version : We Are Premiers for 2016 and I am so proud of our club

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 12:19 AM
Well what a magnificent year 2016 was. October 1, 2016 will be forever remembered by all. Being at the MCG yesterday for the big one up in level 4 surrounded with fellow Doggies people screaming and cheering us to glory will stay with me for years and years to come.

I just like to thank all involved - everyone behind the scenes that might not be recognised as much, our president Peter Gordon, our coach, Luke Beveridge, all our players including the ones that didn't play yesterday as they at some point played during the year. We have the best supporters and we could potentially get 50,000 members in 2017 as Susan Alberti said.

We need to cherish this premiership so much and never take these moments for granted.

Being at the Whitten Oval today was special. What a turnout.

I hope we can do it again in 2017.

Go the Bulldogs!!!

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 01:25 AM
Wow...

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Yes.

When was your last premiership? :( 54.... no.... saturday. We are the reigning prelmiers for at least another 363 days.

I was there.

So much pain, fear and superstition gone. The monkey has been surgically removed and euthanized.

Contentment.

I will be able to watch football now and enjoy it, ive been on the ciggies when weve been playing. No more. Ive watched the finals this year by myself at home because a fear of failure or maybe a fear of success. Ive stood up or sat down in case the dogs mught play better depending on my body position. And i drank. Next year, i will watch the footy where i want and with whoever, ill enjoy it and i wont have any superstions.

We did it tough to get there, through adversity this year, 2014, 89 and many other times over 62 years, those prelims. If anyone tries to cheapen it by saying we were lucky or we had the rub of the umps just say we have been unlucky for 62 years.

That grand final experience was incredible beyond words, the next one will never be as good, hawks fans have no idea what this feels like. My next grand final will be way more relaxed and enjoyable in a different way.

Just incredible. Thankyou everyone at the club, so proud of our boys.

comrade
03-10-2016, 08:51 AM
It was always going to be this way. The only way we'd break the drought was through the most unlikely and impossible circumstances.

There will never be a finals run like it. We just won the greatest flag in the history of the entire game.

Bevo, Murph and the 22 players are now Bulldogs Immortals.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2016, 09:44 AM
I still don’t believe it. This is just so surreal and means so much to so many people. We are Premiers! Say that again. We are friggin Premiers!!!

The atmosphere at the ground was amazing. The moment I realised we had won it was when Picken kicked that last goal. Strangers everywhere high fiving and hugging each other.

When our players were going up on stage to receive their medals was just surreal. I still can’t believe it was our players up there and our team holding that cup aloft with red, white and blue confetti falling down. This isn’t real is it?

The family day yesterday was awesome. Where have all these fans been? Hiding in obscurity for fear of failure? Well no more. The monkey is off the back. I can go to the footy now without fear, frustration or dread and with confidence and excitement to just enjoy the game.

The door has been slammed shut on our “tragic” past. A new era has begun. And for all the crap we as supporters have copped about “only won one premiership”. Well we can now stick it right up em!