PDA

View Full Version : Anyone coming to Ballarat??

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Well the boys are making their way to my home town later this afternoon!

At Town Hall from 4.30-6:00

Anyone going to make the trek down the highway?

I'm thinking we can top the scenes at Whitten Oval on Sunday :p

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Well apparently the players are no longer coming to Ballarat today.. Pretty disappointing.

Was a great opportunity to really engage with Ballarat.

Bevo and PG will still be making the trip down.

comrade
03-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Well apparently the players are no longer coming to Ballarat today.. Pretty disappointing.

Was a great opportunity to really engage with Ballarat.

Bevo and PG will still be making the trip down.

I've heard there may be half a dozen or so players, but this may have changed.

IMO, the players deserve to have some time off from doing the rounds. May have been better if the Ballarat engagement was on tomorrow?

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 02:10 PM
I've heard there may be half a dozen or so players, but this may have changed.

IMO, the players deserve to have some time off from doing the rounds. May have been better if the Ballarat engagement was on tomorrow?

Agreed, later in the week would have been preferred.. But they obviously made this commitment probably should stick to it..

Daughter of the West
03-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Agreed, later in the week would have been preferred.. But they obviously made this commitment probably should stick to it..

I thought that was really poor form by the club - way to make Ballarat supporters feel like second class citizens. And then there was a headline in the Age about it.

What's done is done now, but whoever thought the players should have been on the road today deserves a right kick up the clacker.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 10:40 PM
I thought that was really poor form by the club - way to make Ballarat supporters feel like second class citizens. And then there was a headline in the Age about it.

What's done is done now, but whoever thought the players should have been on the road today deserves a right kick up the clacker.

Absolutely. It's actually Mad Monday after all, it seems like a management decision from someone completely alien to football. And the players and club have an own goal kicked against it...

comrade
03-10-2016, 11:08 PM
I went along and it was great to hear from Bevo, Gordo and Chris Grant. Touched the premiership cup.

The pre-event entertainment was pretty shite. A ska band that didn't know the words to the club song!

Bevo made a point of saying the club lacked experience in planning post-GF events and were naive in thinking the players would be in a position to attend. Said that they would definitely make it right with the players coming back over the off season.

Don't think the City of Ballarat is too worried. Huge media turn out, including TV news broadcasts, on site radio all being beamed out on prime time with the town front and centre.

Given the B&F is mid week and in 7 days the hype will have died down, today was a good time to strike but we shouldn't have allowed local media to promote it as a players event.

Sedat
04-10-2016, 12:28 AM
I went along and it was great to hear from Bevo, Gordo and Chris Grant. Touched the premiership cup.

The pre-event entertainment was pretty shite. A ska band that didn't know the words to the club song!

Bevo made a point of saying the club lacked experience in planning post-GF events and were naive in thinking the players would be in a position to attend. Said that they would definitely make it right with the players coming back over the off season.

Don't think the City of Ballarat is too worried. Huge media turn out, including TV news broadcasts, on site radio all being beamed out on prime time with the town front and centre.

Given the B&F is mid week and in 7 days the hype will have died down, today was a good time to strike but we shouldn't have allowed local media to promote it as a players event.
Good to hear the backlash is minimal - bit of a greenhorn error, but hopefully we make amends and then some when the players return from the off-season.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 12:30 AM
'Ballarat Western Bulldogs Premiership Family Day' at the stadium. They should book it in now.

LostDoggy
04-10-2016, 01:23 AM

Perfect summary.

That band was just awful.

boydogs
08-10-2016, 07:02 PM
Hawthorn were in Tassie the Monday after they won IIRC