PDA

View Full Version : Membership 2017 - Target 50,000

Pages : [1] 2 3

bornadog
03-10-2016, 01:39 PM
The amount of people wearing RWB, attending training ( 10k) , Grand Final Parade (180k) and the Grand final (100k), Family day (30k), surely we can hit 50,000 in 2017.

It has already begun.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/782118434976837632/APloLCB1_bigger.jpgWestern Bulldogs 🏆‏@westernbulldogs (https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs)

https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f6a8.png Due to our membership dpt. getting swamped today, there'll be approx 20 min wait before we can answer you call. Apologies in advance.

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Absolutely we can get 50,000 members. I was at all those events you listed BAD. Intend to renew for 2017 soon.

1eyedog
03-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Lock it in

bornadog
03-10-2016, 02:36 PM
Absolutely we can get 50,000 members. I was at all those events you listed BAD. Intend to renew for 2017 soon.

Go with Bulldog for Life, no need to renew, its automatic.

strebla
03-10-2016, 03:08 PM
I am a Bulldog for life so there's one to get it rolling !!!

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Premiership Circle - SOLD OUT
Social Club - SOLD OUT

Great start towards 50,000

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Social Club - SOLD OUT

I intend to renew soon but with the SC that doesn't affect members who already have the add as the option from 2016 and haven't renewed yet for 2017.

G-Mo77
03-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Social Club - SOLD OUT

A guy at work just signed as a member and planned on going Social Club after I told him how I got tickets to the GF. He planned on upgrading when he finished tonight. I told him to do it quickly because it will sell out, didn't think it would be that quick.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 04:25 PM
A guy at work just signed as a member and planned on going Social Club after I told him how I got tickets to the GF. He planned on upgrading when he finished tonight. I told him to do it quickly because it will sell out, didn't think it would be that quick.

I rang last Monday I think it was. Bloody happy I did.

1eyedog
03-10-2016, 04:27 PM
I rang last Monday I think it was. Bloody happy I did.

Bloody hell. If you're an existing social club member do they hold that for you with your existing silver membership seat?

Flamethrower
03-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Social Club - SOLD OUT

Unfortunately that means some of us with EJ Whitten Social Club memberships will miss out on seats if we make the GF next year, unless we play GWS or Gold Coast.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Bloody hell. If you're an existing social club member do they hold that for you with your existing silver membership seat?

I'd assume so. They are starting a wait list presumably if people don't renew.

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 04:30 PM

I checked my Bulldogs account and it was still there for me my silver membership seat with the social club.

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 04:31 PM
I'd assume so. They are starting a wait list presumably if people don't renew.

So we still have a SC place unless we decide not to continue it in 2017 but I certainly will want the SC now.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately that means some of us with EJ Whitten Social Club memberships will miss out on seats if we make the GF next year, unless we play GWS or Gold Coast.

Nope. Combined they're 12,000 members. The grand final allocation this year was 15,000. If we get to 50,000 it will mean there's 3,000 tickets for 38,000 members. So standard members will have a 1 in 13 chance in any ballot. The impact for social club is lesser seats on average compared to this year. Only a small thing.

Flamethrower
03-10-2016, 04:33 PM

Yes 2016 social club members are rolled over into 2017 unless you choose not to renew your social club membership - then it will be offered to people on the waiting list.

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Yes 2016 social club members are rolled over into 2017 unless you choose not to renew your social club membership - then it will be offered to people on the waiting list.

I think you have renew by like January 2017 if you have a reserve seat and the social club otherwise I think after that they offer to someone else and you have start again I believe.

1eyedog
03-10-2016, 04:35 PM
I think you have renew by like January 2017 if you have a reserve seat and the social club otherwise I think after that they offer to someone else and if you have start again I believe.

December 9.

Ozza
03-10-2016, 04:37 PM
We are social club members, and the old man was trying to get through today, to upgrade to Premiership circle, without any luck.

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 04:39 PM
We are social club members, and the old man was trying to get through today, to upgrade to Premiership circle, without any luck.

Unlucky if you intend to add the SC or SPC to your membership for next year. After winning the premiership it will be in high demand obviously.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
03-10-2016, 04:47 PM
I went down this morning and upgraded my son and his girlfriend to social club. They took my money so I'm assuming they're in

LostDoggy
03-10-2016, 04:50 PM
I'm bulldog for life and upgraded to Social Club next season

bornadog
03-10-2016, 05:20 PM
So glad I took Premiership circle mid year.

Danny the snakeman
03-10-2016, 05:32 PM
I went down this morning and upgraded my son and his girlfriend to social club. They took my money so I'm assuming they're in

They took mine last week so I presume im in also. When did SC sell out?

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 05:32 PM
They took mine last week so I presume im in also. When did SC sell out?

This morning.

cinder
03-10-2016, 05:59 PM

Likewise, best thing I ever did. No hope of adding the hubby & son now!

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 06:18 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-03/social-club-membership-reaches-capacity

The EJ Whitten Social Club has hit capacity, with a waiting list now opening up for the Bulldogs' grand final ticket guarantee membership.

The membership department has been flooded with calls on Monday morning following Saturday's AFL Grand Final triumph, leading to the EJ Whitten Social Club reaching capacity for the first time.

In addition to the EJ Whitten Social Club membership add-on, the Charles Sutton Premiership Circle add-on has also reached capacity for the 2017 season, and is no longer available for purchase.

The exhaustion of both membership add-on products takes into consideration members who had upgraded via their membership renewal emails received last week and any members that had contacted the Club prior to noon today, but who may not have received confirmation yet. 

A representative of the membership team will be in touch this week with anyone who enquired about EJ Whitten Social Club membership before noon today to ensure they are accommodated.

A wait list is now in effect for members still wanting to add the EJ Whitten Social Club to their membership package when places become available.

To add your name to the wait list, call 1300 46 36 47.

Members who had the EJ Whitten Social Club or Charles Sutton Premiership Circle in 2016 will be able to renew these packages as part of their 2017 membership.

Current members will have until 5:00pm Friday 9 December to renew their current membership offering.

Should members with these packages choose not to renew before this date, positions will be offered to members on the Social Club wait list.

Wait list registration costs a non-refundable fee of $20.00, which will be deducted from the total cost of the upgrade when a place becomes available.

Due to the high interest in membership following the weekend’s premiership win, the Club’s Membership Services Team is experiencing unprecedented levels of inbound calls, and we’d ask that you please be patient when calling them.

We’re currently experiencing on-hold times of 20-minutes, and apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. The Membership Services Team will address your enquiry as soon as possible.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

aker39
03-10-2016, 06:58 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-03/social-club-membership-reaches-capacity

Members who had the EJ Whitten Social Club or Charles Sutton Premiership Circle in 2016 will be able to renew these packages as part of their 2017 membership.

Current members will have until 5:00pm Friday 9 December to renew their current membership offering.

Should members with these packages choose not to renew before this date, positions will be offered to members on the Social Club wait list.

Just so there is no confusion, this is the important sentence for current social club members who are not on auto renew.

Eastdog
03-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Just so there is no confusion, this is the important sentence for current social club members who are not on auto renew.

Cool ok so current members have just a bit over another 2 months to renew.

azabob
03-10-2016, 09:56 PM
Would be interesting to see what the club are targeting internally as 2017 membership number.

Surely 50,000 is unders considering the turn out of bulldog supporters at each event as BAD outlined above.

ratsmac
03-10-2016, 11:10 PM
I know that memberships are the heart beat of the club and are critical in survival in today's AFL climate but it's sort of sad in a way that our beloved little Western Bulldogs football club is fast becoming a big powerhouse club at this rate. Our little club is growing up.

LostDoggy
04-10-2016, 12:23 AM
I know that memberships are the heart beat of the club and are critical in survival in today's AFL climate but it's sort of sad in a way that our beloved little Western Bulldogs football club is fast becoming a big powerhouse club at this rate. Our little club is growing up.

I don't find it sad at all. We are a club of substance reclaiming our rightful place.

always right
04-10-2016, 12:25 PM
I read that all social club memberships have been exhausted for 2017. My family automatically received social club membership this year on the back of us being social club members in 2015.

I had assumed the same would happen for 2017. Should I be worried?

Axe Man
04-10-2016, 12:29 PM
I read that all social club memberships have been exhausted for 2017. My family automatically received social club membership this year on the back of us being social club members in 2015.

I had assumed the same would happen for 2017. Should I be worried?

No need to worry. If you are a bulldog for life it will automatically roll over. If not you have until a certain date to renew (December 9 was mentioned earlier in this thread).

Eastdog
04-10-2016, 06:08 PM
Just renewed mine so all completed for 2017. Carn the Dogs!

Eastdog
04-10-2016, 06:32 PM
So what is the deal with the Ballarat game if you are silver member with a reserved seat at Etihad.

LostDoggy
04-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Would be interesting to see what the club are targeting internally as 2017 membership number.

Surely 50,000 is unders considering the turn out of bulldog supporters at each event as BAD outlined above.

Totally agree Aza.
On the back of what we achieved on Saturday,to see the huge turnout of the GF parade and the massive crowd at the family day Sunday.
60 to 70k might not be out of the question for next year.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Totally agree Aza.
On the back of what we achieved on Saturday,to see the huge turnout of the GF parade and the massive crowd at the family day Sunday.
60 to 70k might not be out of the question for next year.

When Geelong broke their hoodoo in 2007 they managed to get to 38,000. With all their success and Dangerfield singing last year they're up to 47,000 with their social club sold out too (like us now).

If we can eclipse them and their level by getting 50,000 next year (an industry unprecedented 25% rise) then that's a monumental result. I have very little faith in the bandwagoners parting with their cash to the tune of 20,000-30,000 of them. If we go north of 50,000 then we are officially the newest big club.

ledge
05-10-2016, 08:45 AM
When Geelong broke their hoodoo in 2007 they managed to get to 38,000. With all their success and Dangerfield singing last year they're up to 47,000 with their social club sold out too (like us now).

If we can eclipse them and their level by getting 50,000 next year (an industry unprecedented 25% rise) then that's a monumental result. I have very little faith in the bandwagoners parting with their cash to the tune of 20,000-30,000 of them. If we go north of 50,000 then we are officially the newest big club.

This is where the club has been smart started emailing members to up grade in prelim week and had membership tents going all up to gf and beyond .. Get these bandwagoners while the euphoria is through the roof.
From what I've seen and heard it's worked big time !

bornadog
05-10-2016, 02:12 PM
A Tweet from membership:

Western Bulldogs �� ‏@westernbulldogs (https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs)60 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs/status/783474774454312960)
AT: MEMBERS - Bulldogs For Life membership payment plans will rollover automatically on October 28. No need to confirm by https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f4de.png.

Doc26
05-10-2016, 02:30 PM

Loving reading all the posts on this thread.

In the space of 4 weeks, with gone from a Club who 'takes it one week at a time' to one now looking at 'one year at a time'.
Love it.

Go BullGods.

always right
05-10-2016, 02:42 PM
WOW!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/boomers-kids-jump-ship-to-dogs

bulldogtragic
05-10-2016, 02:52 PM
WOW!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-05/boomers-kids-jump-ship-to-dogs

Everyone loves a winner! :D

Eastdog
07-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Got an email from our membership department yesterday and they said the cut off date for current members is 9th December if you hold a reserve seat/social club and they also confirmed that I had renewed as well for 2017. Best way to renew or if you aren't a current member and want to become one is online as the phones have been just flat out.

Webby
07-10-2016, 04:28 PM

As a big Red Sox fan who's been through this previously, there is quite a bit of truth in what you are saying!
You do lose something. However, like growing up, if you do it right, it's more fun being big and successful than small and cute!

Eastdog
17-10-2016, 10:15 PM
I wonder when will be able to start tracking our membership packages :) Would be from I'd say mid November onwards that the tracking system for 2017 will start. Hopefully everyone gets theirs in the right time.

ledge
18-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Just rang the club about membership , I got social club .. Just a few things that might come in handy I got answers to ..
1 you choose whether you want a scarfe or hat etc if you become a member , if you are a social club member you get a scarfe automatically , so lucky I took the cap option for my normal membership or I would have ended up with two scarfes. Keep that in mind when choosing your option of merchandise.
2 we have had over 4000 new members sign up which was mentioned as huge at this time of year.
3 A lot of member upgrades also.
4 figures will start to be released next week regarding membership numbers.
5 I'm a bulldog for life I have taken out VFL and AFL home games membership and included social club it's around $410 for the year . They take it out over 10 months starting end of this month I believe.
Hope that helps out with some queries you all might have.
A comment made by the membership person I talked to was everything is heading in an upwards direction sponsors, Merchandise, membership.
Not that we didn't know that already but I think the club has been shocked by the amount.

The Doctor
18-10-2016, 02:20 PM
I've rung the club about 10 times in the pst week and have waited up to 15 minutes at a time and can't get through!

ledge
18-10-2016, 02:26 PM
I've rung the club about 10 times in the pst week and have waited up to 15 minutes at a time and can't get through!

I rang ,waited about 5 min , try now.

Murphy'sLore
18-10-2016, 02:38 PM
I only waited a few minutes this morning. Maybe the deluge is slacking off a little.

cinder
18-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Just rang the club about membership , I got social club .. Just a few things that might come in handy I got answers to ..
1 you choose whether you want a scarfe or hat etc if you become a member , if you are a social club member you get a scarfe automatically , so lucky I took the cap option for my normal membership or I would have ended up with two scarfes. Keep that in mind when choosing your option of merchandise.

That's crap: I chose a scarf :/

The Doctor
18-10-2016, 02:54 PM
Just got through.

tried to add player sponsor or coterie to my memberships and told these were sold out! the club is knocking back the cash!!

ledge
18-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Ring and change it , but hurry up
Orders are going in shortly

The Pie Man
18-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question - Bulldog for Life Social Club members don't have to be in touch with the club to confirm their level of membership moving forward do they?

SlimPickens
18-10-2016, 03:04 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question - Bulldog for Life Social Club members don't have to be in touch with the club to confirm their level of membership moving forward do they?

Bulldog for life just rolls over. You only need to contact the club to update or alter your membership.

hujsh
18-10-2016, 03:04 PM

I think you can change it with the initial link.

ledge
18-10-2016, 03:05 PM

No it just rolls over if you don't do anything, I upgraded leading up to pre lim for next year just wanted it confirmed as I did it through the email they sent but hadn't heard if it happened , lucky I did ring as they had me down for two VFL memberships!

ledge
18-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Just got through.

tried to add player sponsor or coterie to my memberships and told these were sold out! the club is knocking back the cash!!

Maybe offer to sponsor Cloke or Hamling :-)
Not sure how player sponsors could be sold out if they don't know what players they are getting . Or did you choose a certain player who was already sponsored to the max ?

comrade
18-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Maybe offer to sponsor Cloke or Hamling :-)
Not sure how player sponsors could be sold out if they don't know what players they are getting . Or did you choose a certain player who was already sponsored to the max ?

Surely Dec Hamilton has a few spots left on his bandwagon?

cinder
18-10-2016, 03:26 PM
I think you can change it with the initial link.

Oh yeah, that worked. Thanks!

GVGjr
18-10-2016, 03:28 PM
Just got through.

Did you try the Top Dogs? I was under the impression they had some room a couple of weeks ago.

bornadog
18-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Did you try the Top Dogs? I was under the impression they had some room a couple of weeks ago.

The issue may be the guaranteed GF tickets. Perhaps they have a limit.

SlimPickens
18-10-2016, 03:41 PM
The issue may be the guaranteed GF tickets. Perhaps they have a limit.

It would have to be. The club only gets 15,000 GF tickets. You would have to leave some for category 3 members.
No

hujsh
18-10-2016, 03:48 PM
I rang ,waited about 5 min , try now.

Took me 7:30 but now have my 11 game membership instead of 3

bornadog
18-10-2016, 03:51 PM

Go Bulldog for life and monthly payment and you won't even notice it

hujsh
18-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Go Bulldog for life and monthly payment and you won't even notice it

Way ahead of you ;)

Murphy'sLore
18-10-2016, 04:07 PM
I feel terrible confessing this, but we actually downgraded our membership :(

Our eldest is too old for a junior membership now but we didn't want to upgrade her to a youth membership because she never comes to games any more. But we couldn't keep our family membership because it only applies if you have two kids, which seems a bit bizarre. Two adults plus one junior was more expensive than the family membership for two kids! And since the younger one doesn't really come to games either, it didn't seem worth getting her a junior membership either.

So now it's just the two of us... and the club has lost two members. Would have been happy to continue the family membership if they'd let us, it seems a peculiar policy not to apply it to families with one child?!

LostDoggy
18-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but while on hold on the phone to the club,keep pressing #9 on your phone and you get bumped up in the waiting line :)
Should cut down the wait time immensley :)

Eastdog
18-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but while on hold on the phone to the club,keep pressing #9 on your phone and you get bumped up in the waiting line :)
Should cut down the wait time immensley :)

That's cool. Thanks redders. Was trying to get through today just to confirm my membership renewal is all good which I already paid a few weeks back.

Eastdog
18-10-2016, 04:36 PM

Great stuff hujsh

Eastdog
18-10-2016, 04:40 PM
It would have to be. The club only gets 15,000 GF tickets. You would have to leave some for category 3 members.
No

2,000 seats I believe reserved for the Charles Sutton Premiership Circle.

LostDoggy
18-10-2016, 06:50 PM
That's cool. Thanks redders. Was trying to get through today just to confirm my membership renewal is all good which I already paid a few weeks back.

No worries Easty ;)
I should add that this works for any phone line queue that you're on hold for,ie. Telstra,Any Bank,TicketTek etc.etc.;)

cinder
18-10-2016, 06:56 PM
No worries Easty ;)
I should add that this works for any phone line queue that you're on hold for,ie. Telstra,Any Bank,TicketTek etc.etc.;)

What the heck, are you from the CIA? I could have handled knowing this info years ago! Thanks, will give it a try!

Eastdog
18-10-2016, 06:57 PM
What the heck, are you from the CIA? I could have handled knowing this info years ago! Thanks, will give it a try!

Our agent on woof :D:D

AndrewP6
18-10-2016, 08:19 PM
No worries Easty ;)

Really???? Bloody hell I need that trick in my life. The hours I've had to sit on the phone to book tickets etc...

LostDoggy
18-10-2016, 08:28 PM

Our agent on woof :D:D

Shhhhhhh :cool:

Ozza
21-10-2016, 02:37 PM
We've been reserved seat members for 28 years, including all of the years at Etihad on Level 2, Access One.
Since getting to Etihad, not once have the club gotten our membership correct or satisfied what we are after - and 2017 is appears to be following the trend.
You wonder why we bother sometimes.

azabob
21-10-2016, 02:48 PM
We've been reserved seat members for 28 years, including all of the years at Etihad on Level 2, Access One.
Since getting to Etihad, not once have the club gotten our membership correct or satisfied what we are after - and 2017 is appears to be following the trend.
You wonder why we bother sometimes.

Well, I guess, if you didnt bother, you wouldnt have been able to go to the grand final?

Eastdog
21-10-2016, 03:46 PM
Wondering how the Ballarat home game will work for those members who intend to go there and hold a reserve seat at Etihad.

Eastdog
21-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Well, I guess, if you didnt bother, you wouldnt have been able to go to the grand final?

So glad I got the Social club add on this year and I've made sure I'm locked in again early for next season.

Eastdog
27-10-2016, 12:17 AM
Got a confirmation email today regarding my 2017 membership which was good. We have a choice to add on for free either a Bulldog cap or Bulldog beanie - to choose within the next 72 hours of the email if not then they automatic choose one for you. I believe as a Social club member once again for 2017 that we get the scarf.

Bulldog4life
27-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Got a confirmation email today regarding my 2017 membership which was good. We have a choice to add on for free either a Bulldog cap or Bulldog beanie - to choose within the next 72 hours of the email if not then they automatic choose one for you. I believe as a Social club member once again for 2017 that we get the scarf.

You are right Easty. The scarf is a given. The choice is a hat or a beanie.

Eastdog
27-10-2016, 08:33 PM

Thinking of choosing the beanie. Will come more in handy in the depths of winter in the middle of the season.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
27-10-2016, 08:40 PM
When that freezing breeze comes in at Ethiad

Eastdog
27-10-2016, 08:47 PM

Yes true. I don't always wear my Bulldog beanie that I currently have my yes sometimes on those really cold Saturday nights at the footy it is really good.

Twodogs
29-10-2016, 06:48 AM
If I tied all the scarves the club have sent me together they would reach from here to the moon.

1eyedog
29-10-2016, 11:29 AM

Actually if you sit in front of one of the main exits like I do a breeze comes whooshing over you and it gets quite cold.

Bulldog4life
30-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Wondering how the Ballarat home game will work for those members who intend to go there and hold a reserve seat at Etihad.

The Club will release Ballarat specific membership products in early December.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-27/bulldogs-to-play-in-ballarat-for-points

Eastdog
30-10-2016, 06:35 PM

Chose the beanie. More handy particularly during the depths of winter during the middle of the footy season.

bornadog
30-10-2016, 08:58 PM
If I tied all the scarves the club have sent me together they would reach from here to the moon.

Same here but I gave mine to a group collecting clothing for the homeless. I must have had 30 to 40 scarves that I gave them, plus caps.

bornadog
07-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Currently around 21,000

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Currently around 21,000

So, the club has stopped selling Social Club membership which is capped at 15,000 right?( based on grand final ticket allotment)

So then if this has been fully subscribed, then I'm surprised our current membership is only showing at 21,000. This would suggest that 15,000 of the 21,000 memberships sold to date have purchased social club upgrade?

bulldogtragic
07-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Currently around 21,000

06/11/2015 - 16,249
07/11/2016 - 21,000

Up 5,000 or 30%. If the 5,000 stays then we are looking at 45,000+ or if the 30% stays then we are looking at 52,000. Good signs with Ballarat packages still to be released.

1eyedog
07-11-2016, 02:46 PM
So, the club has stopped selling Social Club membership which is capped at 15,000 right?( based on grand final ticket allotment)

So then if this has been fully subscribed, then I'm surprised our current membership is only showing at 21,000. This would suggest that 15,000 of the 21,000 memberships sold to date have purchased social club upgrade?

Yep. The majority of which would be Premiership Gold and Silver with SC Bulldog for life packages.

ledge
07-11-2016, 02:53 PM
I upgraded to SC ... Home games AFL and VFL. Like to support both and go to home games of both, see the young ones perform and get an idea how they operate compared to the seniors.
Might do a couple of away games but 99.9% Etihad ones.

ledge
07-11-2016, 02:55 PM

I thought social club was capped at 10,000.

boydogs
07-11-2016, 02:59 PM
The Social Club is only sold out in that 2016 members + new members for 2017 have reached the cap

Its yet to be seen whether the 2016 members will renew, there's a waiting list for new sign ups in case they don't and they aren't all going to be in the 21,000 that have already signed up for 2017

merantau
09-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Re-signed the two of us yesterday. Cannot risk missing the Dec 9 cut off date for renewal of EJ Whitten Social Club. That is going to be the hottest ticket in town. I am convinced that barring a giant meteor strike we are going to be there ahain in 2017. Competition for a spot in the starting 22 will be intense and surely we could not have another horror run of injuries. I feel very optimistic about the future and have every reason to be so. Go Dogs!

cinder
09-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Not sure where to post this, but did anyone notice that although we were told in some email listing important dates that SC Event will be 12th Dec, there's now another link that says it's the 15th?

I'll see if I can find it ...

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-07/offseason-information

bornadog
09-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Not sure where to post this, but did anyone notice that although we were told in some email listing important dates that SC Event will be 12th Dec, there's now another link that says it's the 15th?

I'll see if I can find it ...

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-07/offseason-information

Yes I saw it was on the 12th, but can't remember where.

cinder
09-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Yes I saw it was on the 12th, but can't remember where.

It was in the member email titled 'Important Dates' or something - like important off season dates. Can't find it either!

Greystache
09-11-2016, 01:21 PM

Not quite. The higher end memberships (premiership gold, all coterie's etc) include a social club upgrade as part of the package to ensure those members get GF tickets. The optional SC upgrade is effectively selling off the remainder of the allocation that weren't used in those packages.

dadsgirl16
09-11-2016, 02:05 PM
S.C Xmas thingy was definitely on 12th...not seen anything for 15th??

cinder
09-11-2016, 02:47 PM
S.C Xmas thingy was definitely on 12th...not seen anything for 15th??

See the link I pasted in a few posts ago ...

Eastdog
09-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Certainly thinking about going to the SC event at Etihad being a first year SC member in 2016 - haven't received an email yet from the club. Just called the WB membership department now just to confirm that my 2017 WB membership renewal went through and they said all good there. Much easier now to get through via the phone than it was a few weeks back.

Go Dogs!

Eastdog
09-11-2016, 02:50 PM
06/11/2015 - 16,249
07/11/2016 - 21,000

Up 5,000 or 30%. If the 5,000 stays then we are looking at 45,000+ or if the 30% stays then we are looking at 52,000. Good signs with Ballarat packages still to be released.

That is a very good result so far. Let's keep it going.

cinder
09-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Got an email reply from WB that there was never an announcement that the SC Event was going to be the 12th & an email will go out this week that it will be the 15th

Axe Man
09-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Got an email reply from WB that there was never an announcement that the SC Event was going to be the 12th & an email will go out this week that it will be the 15th

That's good news, I've missed the last 2 years as we've been away on holidays and this year we get back on the night of the 12th so I would have missed it again.

cinder
09-11-2016, 07:25 PM
That's good news, I've missed the last 2 years as we've been away on holidays and this year we get back on the night of the 12th so I would have missed it again.

I prefer a Thursday too.

Twodogs
09-11-2016, 07:25 PM
You've been on holidays for two years? That's pretty sweet.

Eastdog
09-11-2016, 08:21 PM

Work holiday maybe :) Could explore the world quite a few times over 2 years :)

Axe Man
10-11-2016, 10:58 AM

I wish. If I can just win this Mexican wall contract I will be set for life. ;)

1eyedog
10-11-2016, 11:12 AM

It's a virtual wall - yeah?

hujsh
10-11-2016, 02:20 PM

Going by previous history you might not get paid...

Eastdog
10-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Wondering if we are able to track our membership items yet. Could be still a bit early.

cinder
14-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Anyone else getting 'sold out' when trying to RSVP to the Social Club function?

bornadog
14-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Anyone else getting 'sold out' when trying to RSVP to the Social Club function?

Yes- I just tried it and that is what I got. Not sure what is going on, only got the email 8 minutes ago???

cinder
14-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Yes- I just tried it and that is what I got. Not sure what is going on, only got the email 8 minutes ago???

Ring up and they'll do it for you, web site is broken (select Membership not Events).

No guest passes this year either.

I've RSVPed for me and my dad, they allowed me to do his as well.

dadsgirl16
14-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Yep just got mine on line so looks like it's fixed

ledge
16-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Has anyone got their membership pack yet ?
About two weeks ago I got an email with a tracking number for mine but when I click on it the site doesn't come up.

cinder
16-11-2016, 11:51 AM
About two weeks ago I got an email with a tracking number for mine but when I click on it the site doesn't come up.

Nope but I remember seeing somewhere to expect it late November.

Axe Man
16-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Nope but I remember seeing somewhere to expect it late November.

I'm a Bulldog for life and my membership confirmation email that came on 3rd November said:

Shortly we will be sending your special 2017 Bulldogs membership pack, which should arrive in your mailbox in 4-6 weeks.

So as Cinder says, I wouldn't expect it until the end of this month at the earliest.

bornadog
16-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Rang the club re the social club event as I had a problem with my wife's booking and was put on hold, so I left a message. Rang again today and they said the event has reached capacity. They weren't going to give me another ticket, but I mentioned I rang yesterday and left a message. Upshot, they checked and wil issue a ticket.

I think this is really not good enough. If you are a social club member, then you should be able to go to the event if you want to. Too bad if the venue is too small, then get a bigger one.

Murphy'sLore
16-11-2016, 01:33 PM
It turns out you CAN get a family membership with only one child -- what they will do is issue two cards, both in the one child's name, so they can bring a friend to the game.

Excellent policy. I just wish the person I spoke to in the first place had been aware of it.

cinder
16-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Rang the club re the social club event as I had a problem with my wife's booking and was put on hold, so I left a message. Rang again today and they said the event has reached capacity. They weren't going to give me another ticket, but I mentioned I rang yesterday and left a message. Upshot, they checked and wil issue a ticket.

I think this is really not good enough. If you are a social club member, then you should be able to go to the event if you want to. Too bad if the venue is too small, then get a bigger one.

That's ordinary. Agreed - just because when the venue was booked they might not have anticipated every SC member would want to attend, they should work to the scenario that they might!

It doesn't make too much sense either as in previous years we've even been able to bring a guest (for a fee). So even if everyone hasn't attended in the past they've always had pretty high numbers.

Eastdog
16-11-2016, 02:49 PM

Yes I got that email the 2017 membership confirmimation but had the same issue getting into the tracking function. I think you just would use your membership number. They probably don't have the tracking system for 2017 quite up running yet.

GVGjr
16-11-2016, 07:15 PM

I tend to agree. I think the club is going to struggle the growth and the expectations of long serving members like yourself because I think the level service we have enjoyed over the years will now be a problem for the club to manage.

I've normally been able to do a slight modification to my membership but that wasn't allowed for next season.

I think we need to accept that there will be a bit of extra frustration as we adjust to becoming a club pushing the 50,000 members mark.

Axe Man
18-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Good work by the club here.

UPDATE: ADDITIONAL TICKETS RELEASED FOR CHRISTMAS PARTY (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/christmasparty)

After reaching capacity for the first time, the Club we has been worked closely with Etihad Stadium to release a limited number of extra tickets to the 2016 EJ Whitten Social Club Christmas Party.

Etihad Stadium have allowed the Club to access the external concourse, stadium seating and some of the ground to accommodate Social Club members who initially missed out on securing a ticket for this event.

The Club will be adding big screens on the ground so you will still be able to watch all the on-stage action in the Victory Room live in these areas, with additional food outlets and bars also being opened. Social Club members will also still have access to players and coaching staff in this space.

Tickets will be released via this link at 10am, Tuesday November 22. (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/bulldogs/EN/buy/quickbuy/530)

NB: Your member number and password will be required to secure your ticket. Additionally groups (including those as part of a family membership) will have to register individually for tickets, as group bookings are not available.

comrade
18-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Good work by the club here.

UPDATE: ADDITIONAL TICKETS RELEASED FOR CHRISTMAS PARTY (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/christmasparty)

After reaching capacity for the first time, the Club we has been worked closely with Etihad Stadium to release a limited number of extra tickets to the 2016 EJ Whitten Social Club Christmas Party.

Etihad Stadium have allowed the Club to access the external concourse, stadium seating and some of the ground to accommodate Social Club members who initially missed out on securing a ticket for this event.

The Club will be adding big screens on the ground so you will still be able to watch all the on-stage action in the Victory Room live in these areas, with additional food outlets and bars also being opened. Social Club members will also still have access to players and coaching staff in this space.

Tickets will be released via this link at 10am, Tuesday November 22. (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/bulldogs/EN/buy/quickbuy/530)

NB: Your member number and password will be required to secure your ticket. Additionally groups (including those as part of a family membership) will have to register individually for tickets, as group bookings are not available.

Nice response by the Club to try and accomodate the fans.

dadsgirl16
18-11-2016, 05:04 PM
It also states we have to have a printed ticket to get in but can't for the life of me get mine to print???

cinder
18-11-2016, 05:18 PM
It also states we have to have a printed ticket to get in but can't for the life of me get mine to print???

Really? I RSVPed by phone when the website was down, I assumed it would just be a wristband in the post like normal. I hope they send the tickets out in that case.

dadsgirl16
18-11-2016, 05:27 PM
I have emailed them to ask but its a 3 day wait!

Webby
18-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Hi All,

Without getting too apologetic, I look after supply chain for a living. Part of this job entails monitoring and nurturing the performance of some very good companies.

One of the common pitfalls of optimal performance is rapid growth trajectory. It hurts the best of them and it's a sad reality that often the best performers are the victims of their own success.

What the WBFC is experiencing at the moment is par for the course. ALL businesses have growing pains. It's a catch 22. You want growth, but you have to manage it. You have to plan for it.

Point I'd make in this case is:
1. How could WBFC have planned for this rapid success?
2. Should they have expected it?
3. Who honestly would have expected it?
4. How quickly did we expect it?
5. Is it unwelcome?!

I'd urge patience! These growing pains are minuscule compared to the joy of the past two months. They say it's a fine line between pleasure and pain... But the pleasure's been well worth it!

If the figures are correct, we've grown 25%+ in a matter of weeks. That can break even the best of the well oiled machines.

Ive always found our membership department to be a dream to deal with. I'm sure the relatively minor inconveniences aren't through a lack of trying. Let's try to keep the faith and the love!

We're the envy of Australia at present!

Stay classy, San Diego!!

1eyedog
18-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Yep you ride with growth, even when it isn't expected and you build like crazy underneath it to assist it on its trajectory. You never really keep up, but you can put enough key things in place to keep it going.

The club are in warp speed and will re-focus on their supporter base as soon as resources allow.

dadsgirl16
21-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Received reply email this morning and we will be emailed a ticket to SC function and we must print it and present it on the night..

cinder
21-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Received reply email this morning and we will be emailed a ticket to SC function and we must print it and present it on the night..

Awesome, thanks for doing that :)

Murphy'sLore
02-12-2016, 01:09 PM
My other half called into the Bulldogs shop yesterday and asked if the rush was dying down yet. The answer was, 'no way, it's still ridiculous and has been for the last two months.'

We had membership issues to sort out and because the phones were down, someone came down to deal with him in person. She said thank god the phones were down so they could catch their breath, it's just as busy now as it was a few weeks ago.

Should be good news for our membership numbers!

Eastdog
02-12-2016, 11:48 PM
I'd say from anytime now we should for those that renewed early to get our membership packs. Wondering if we are able to starting tracking it?

Just been great the flood of people want to get on board. The challenge will be to sustain it for years and years and years.

merantau
03-12-2016, 12:16 AM
I just attended a function in Bendigo called "Bulldogs Bark" featuring Jake Stringer, Jason Johannieson and Lachie Hunter, MCed by Brian Taylor. Great night. 330 in attendance.

Eastdog
03-12-2016, 12:22 AM
I just attended a function in Bendigo called "Bulldogs Bark" featuring Jake Stringer, Jason Johannieson and Lachie Hunter, MCed by Brian Taylor. Great night. 330 in attendance.

Are you back in Australia now merantau?

bornadog
03-12-2016, 01:41 AM

Can you please give us an update in this (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?16527-Events-Thread) thread

merantau
03-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Yes, Easty. Got back a month ago but still feel like I'm flying as feet have not yet touched down!

merantau
03-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Can you please give us an update in this (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?16527-Events-Thread) thread

Yes, it was a fundraiser for the children's ward at the Bendigo Hospital. The venue was the All Seasons Hotel. I88Brian Taylor was in great form and did a superb job as MC. The players were MAGNIFICENT. They were very obliging signing autographs, memorabilia, doing photographs etc. Lots of questions answered. All upbeat about arrival of Travis Cloke and Bob's re-start. Jake Stringer's Mum was glowing in her praise of how the Club looks after new draftees and the parents of players. There was a great feel to the night even to the extent of older supporters who were at the '54 Grand Final being presented with flowers or a bottle of wine. It really was a credit to the organisers

ledge
03-12-2016, 12:32 PM
I read somewhere our membership as of Decenber 1 was over 27000 and they say double what you have on December 1 is usually the end membership result .. So that means around 54000!

Eastdog
05-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Got an email from the club tonight saying that my membership pack has been dispatched. You are able to track it as well.

cinder
06-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Anyone received their ticket for the SC club or an email with a link to a ticket to print?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
06-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Not yet

cinder
06-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Just rang, apparently they're being sent next week.

Twodogs
06-12-2016, 03:32 PM
I rang membership to change something and it only took me fifteen minutes to get through. Spewing but, the lady on hold was just about to tell us what it really was that came between Brad and Angelina when the membership rep picked up the call.

LostDoggy
07-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the membership tab on the Dogs site?
From my tablet it just keeps chucking a wobbly and not loading!:mad:

GVGjr
07-12-2016, 11:35 PM

Works like a charm for me

Twodogs
08-12-2016, 12:37 PM

Used to have all sorts of problems working things on the WB page from my tablet until I updated Adobe (I think) and now it's fine.

bulldogtragic
08-12-2016, 12:46 PM
2015: we were ranked 2nd highest across the entire comp in percentage of new membership increases (10.39% on '14 despite Shocktober)
2016: we were ranked 4th highest across the entire comp in percentage of new membership increases (12% on 2015) (record members)
2017: we are very likely to be ranked 1st across the entire comp in percentage of new membership increases (trend looks like 20 to 25% up on 2016 so far, and a new club record membership)

Seems heaps of new members, year or year, love the Bevo styled Men of Mayhem Bulldogs.

cinder
08-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Just got my SC party email with the link to print the ticket.

It's not super-intuitive, for anyone having issues after logging into your account, click the drop down and select 'manage my tickets' which takes you to the calendar. Go to 15/12 and bring up the Social Club party. From there you can print.

LostDoggy
08-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Used to have all sorts of problems working things on the WB page from my tablet until I updated Adobe (I think) and now it's fine.

Thanks TD will see if that does the trick.

bornadog
08-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Just got my SC party email with the link to print the ticket.

It's not super-intuitive, for anyone having issues after logging into your account, click the drop down and select 'manage my tickets' which takes you to the calendar. Go to 15/12 and bring up the Social Club party. From there you can print.

Me too and printed ready to go.

Danny the snakeman
09-12-2016, 12:41 AM
Got an email from the club tonight saying that my membership pack has been dispatched. You are able to track it as well.

Same

cinder
09-12-2016, 11:47 AM
My tracking details don't indicate my Social Club scarf is included. It says cap and mug (I must have added a mug? Can't even remember). So let's hope it's actually there when the pack arrives.

ledge
09-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Any news on our number now ?

Bulldog4life
09-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Me too and printed ready to go.

Ditto

bornadog
09-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Any news on our number now ?

Nothing

bornadog
09-12-2016, 03:34 PM
My tracking details don't indicate my Social Club scarf is included. It says cap and mug (I must have added a mug? Can't even remember). So let's hope it's actually there when the pack arrives.

Mine says Cap, but I never wear a cap and I prefer a scarf.

Murphy'sLore
09-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Peter Gordon said this morning we were tracking about 7 or 8,000 above last year's figure at the same time.

bornadog
09-12-2016, 03:40 PM
Peter Gordon said this morning we were tracking about 7 or 8,000 above last year's figure at the same time.

ok we had 20,510 on 6 December 2015

bulldogtragic
09-12-2016, 03:44 PM

ok we had 20,510 on 6 December 2015

Tracking up to 40% above. So if it stays at the 8,000 level up we hit around 48,000 members. If it somehow tracked on at 40% over 2016 then that's 56,000 members. That's a good range to be in, especially in a thread titled "membership 2017 - target 50,000".

bulldogsthru&thru
09-12-2016, 04:18 PM
This time last year we were 21,022 (8th December 2015).

We should get to 50k

I think our supporter base is typically late to jump on and buy memberships. What i mean is that we typically lag similar teams (north, saints, dees) early in the year but go past them as the season starts.

Bulldog Revolution
13-12-2016, 07:26 AM
We are around 30,000 now is what my sources are reporting

Bring on 45-50,000

Bulldog4life
13-12-2016, 08:27 AM

Bring on 45-50,000

That is fantastic news BR.

Eastdog
13-12-2016, 08:14 PM

Bring on 45-50,000

That's fantastic. Just a great effort. Go the mighty Dogs!!

LostDoggy
14-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Dec 14: 29,302.

Wow.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-12-2016, 12:48 PM

Wow.

2,000 ahead of the saints. Should it be more?

bulldogtragic
14-12-2016, 01:30 PM
2,000 ahead of the saints. Should it be more?

You'd hope for a larger gap. But I guess our final figure is the only one to focus one. To smash our all time record from this year would be huge for the club.

LostDoggy
14-12-2016, 01:51 PM
We're 35-40% up on this stage last year, the all time record. Has to be viewed as very positive surely.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-12-2016, 02:20 PM
You'd hope for a larger gap. But I guess our final figure is the only one to focus one. To smash our all time record from this year would be huge for the club.

Well considering we are up 35-40% on last year, and we finished with more members than them last year, i'm tipping we have more fans who sign up as the season is starting.

Axe Man
14-12-2016, 03:58 PM

Having record membership numbers is nice and all but personally I don't care too much about the numbers. Clubs manipulate them in all sorts of ways with 3 game memberships, etc. The only thing that really matters is the money generated from memberships. Given we have a maxed out social club and presumably should cash in with increased reserved seat members, coterie groups, etc that should see us pulling in record membership revenue.

Bulldog4life
14-12-2016, 04:12 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/ballarat/ballarat-memberships

Western Bulldogs 2017 Ballarat memberships are now available to purchase.

The Club is scheduled to play at Eureka Stadium in a Round 22 encounter against Port Adelaide on August 19 next year, in front of an expected capacity crowd.

Starting from $75, memberships include a guaranteed reserved seat for the game as well as an exclusive Ballarat member gift and card.

Secure your reserved seat in the stands as we head to Ballarat for premiership points for the first time in AFL history.

Ballarat 3 game membership^

1 x Reserved Seat at Eureka Stadium in Ballarat, Victoria.
2 x General Admission access at Western Bulldogs Etihad Stadium home games
Exclusive Ballarat membership card
Special Ballarat member item

Adult $140 – Buy now
Junior $85 – Buy now

Ballarat Add-on^

1 x Reserved Seat at Eureka Stadium in Ballarat, Victoria.
Exclusive Ballarat membership card
Special Ballarat member item

Adult $75 – Buy now
Junior $26 – Buy now

Western Bulldogs access members* outside of this Ballarat region will have access to a priority on-sale for tickets to the fixture at Eureka Stadium. Member communications for ticket on-sale dates and pricing will be released in 2017. For more information be sure to check our Fixture FAQ’s.

The release of these memberships marks a significant milestone in the Club’s strategy in Ballarat. At this point the Club would like to acknowledge the support of the Victorian Government with the major redevelopment of Eureka Stadium that will bring the Bulldogs to Ballarat in 2017.

^To be eligible for a Ballarat membership members must permanently reside in the following regions; Ballarat, Pyrenees, Ararat, Horsham, Southern Grampians, and the Northern Grampians

*Only members with a 2017 Western Bulldogs access membership (excluding 3 Game memberships) will be eligible for the member priority ticket on-sale.

For more information on Ballarat Bulldog Memberships, call 1300 46 36 47 or visit membership.westernbulldogs.com.au

bulldogtragic
14-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Hopefully the club can flog 3,000-5,000 of these Ballarat memberships. Would inflate the numbers, and be a welcome financial boost for the time and effort we've put into playing home games up there.

bulldogtragic
14-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Having record membership numbers is nice and all but personally I don't care too much about the numbers. Clubs manipulate them in all sorts of ways with 3 game memberships, etc. The only thing that really matters is the money generated from memberships. Given we have a maxed out social club and presumably should cash in with increased reserved seat members, coterie groups, etc that should see us pulling in record membership revenue.

You'd have to imagine so. Ballarat memberships will hopefully do well, I've heard a few people say they've paid to go on the SC waiting list too (at $20 a pop), I haven't heard anyone yet cancel the $20 to the women's team, plus we have some early prime time games give us the microphone to try to sign up extras and early games with expected great attendance (Sydney and unfurling the flag, Good Friday, Bob's hopeful 300th etc) you'd like to think the extra foot traffic passed membership tents might be financially rewarding too. With the projections mentioned in this thread, we should be debt free come next year for the first time in my lifetime.

bornadog
14-12-2016, 04:54 PM

Wow.

Do you have the link for that number?

bulldogsthru&thru
14-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Do you have the link for that number?

Western Bulldogs official twitter posted it

bornadog
14-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Western Bulldogs official twitter posted it

We are way behind the big boys. Hawks 60k already and Bombres 43k plus

Greystache
14-12-2016, 05:52 PM

Top Dogs coterie is sold out. I inquired about joining for next season and wasn't able to get in, and at $2000 for a couple that's a pretty decent earner for the club.

bulldogtragic
14-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Top Dogs coterie is sold out. I inquired about joining for next season and wasn't able to get in, and at $2000 for a couple that's a pretty decent earner for the club.

Do they have a waiting list for you and others to go onto, or another up scaled coterie group or membership add on to take everyone's cash for the good of the club?

Greystache
14-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Do they have a waiting list for you and others to go onto, or another up scaled coterie group or membership add on to take everyone's cash for the good of the club?

I didn't ask, I was looking at upgrading but wasn't desperate. There's the Westerners which is $6000 for a couple, but that's mostly a business networking coterie. The next option is the Players Sponsor coterie which is $3700 for a couple. Given the other half isn't likely to get to many games we figured that's probably a stretch, but if the excitement leads to more people joining coteries that's got to be a good thing.

KT31
14-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Here is an article from a bit back that may clarify some stats -

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-clubs-boosting-membership-numbers-by-including-sponsors-community-groups-and-schools/news-story/074b52fb4ebd71c40366a6ea529d6191

AFL clubs boosting membership numbers by including sponsors, community groups and schools

ELIZA SEWELL, Herald Sun
August 18, 2016 8:00pm
Subscriber only

AFL clubs are boosting prized membership numbers by including tickets in corporate and sponsorship deals.

Community groups, sporting associations and schools are also given bulk memberships by some clubs, which are included in official season tallies.

The AFL has tightened membership regulations and to be counted as a member an individual must have a name, contact details, have contributed $50 to the club and received a membership pack.

The AFL is expected to announce record club membership numbers next week, but clubs this week were reluctant to provide a breakdown of just who its members are.

North Melbourne said it doesn’t have a membership deal with its sponsors while Geelong said it doesn’t give sponsors “bulk” memberships.

Melbourne said its membership entitlements in sponsorship packages were “minimal”.

Essendon fans celebrate the club’s second win of 2016.
Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond and St Kilda did not respond to direct questions about any membership component of their sponsorship deals or provide clarity on any community membership strategy.

Western Bulldogs sponsor Victoria University offers all its students and staff a free, three-game Bulldogs’ home membership. The Bulldogs would not disclose the number of members in this category.

Some clubs are giving memberships to community or school groups. This practice is part of an “acquisition strategy”, to encourage people to re-sign the following year as an independently paid member.

Essendon offered a two-for-one deal earlier this year and the late sprint to the July 31 deadline for the 2016 count saw Carlton promoting a free membership for the rest of this season for those who signed up or renewed their membership.

The official counts also incudes multiple memberships held by an individual.

Saints fans aren’t fans of Lindsay Thomas.
Pet memberships are not counted but the AFL confirmed babies and toddlers are included.

Big numbers don’t always mean financial rewards for clubs.

Essendon celebrated a record membership of 60,818 in 2015, but “membership revenues” was actually down by $48,000, to $10.83 million. This year the Bombers have 57,494 members.

The AFL told the Herald Sun in a statement: “To be counted in the AFL’s official membership tally, a member must have a name, personal contact details, made a financial contribution of more than $50 toward the club, received a membership pack and be supported by a retention strategy.

“The AFL is supportive of clubs utilising relationships with partners as part of their acquisition and retention strategies and we work with clubs to ensure the above criteria is met to be counted in the AFL’s official tally.”

GVGjr
14-12-2016, 07:16 PM

Wow.

Great number. 50K certainly within reach.

GVGjr
14-12-2016, 07:18 PM

I think the players sponsors are would be full as well. It's a good problem to have but it can alienate supporters.

Axe Man
14-12-2016, 07:20 PM
That's a good article KT, shows how the total membership tally doesn't mean all that much.

A quick look at our financials shows $5.15 million in membership revenue in 2015 and $4.79 million in 2014. You would expect 2016 will be well up on those figures with hopefully another large jump in 2017.

KT31
15-12-2016, 10:36 AM
That's a good article KT, shows how the total membership tally doesn't mean all that much.

A quick look at our financials shows $5.15 million in membership revenue in 2015 and $4.79 million in 2014. You would expect 2016 will be well up on those figures with hopefully another large jump in 2017.

This is the best way of looking at it, if a list was published of each clubs membership revenue I expect a few off the so called Biggies would be knocked down a peg or two.

bulldogsthru&thru
15-12-2016, 10:50 AM
This is the best way of looking at it, if a list was published of each clubs membership revenue I expect a few off the so called Biggies would be knocked down a peg or two.

Is this something that should be more regulated? Membership numbers can act as a marketing ploy. New fans love a bandwagon, especially in this social media era, and typically gravitate towards the masses. A high membership count could lead to more and more members as it looks the popular choice

Webby
15-12-2016, 12:18 PM

I recall reading this article a couple of years back. It shines a clear light on some of the smoke and mirrors... It's the composition of packages sold, rather than sheer numbers, which talks loudest. Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn in particular seem to sell a lot of junk memberships, whilst WCE and Freo sell theirs at a premium. (Albeit this was published at the end of a mining boom.) It makes the case for a third team in Perth far stronger than the case for a Tassie or western Sydney team - should the expansion topic ever pop up again..

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-membership-the-real-figures-for-your-club-20140506-zr5tt.html

KT31
15-12-2016, 05:18 PM
I recall reading this article a couple of years back. It shines a clear light on some of the smoke and mirrors... It's the composition of packages sold, rather than sheer numbers, which talks loudest. Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn in particular seem to sell a lot of junk memberships, whilst WCE and Freo sell theirs at a premium. (Albeit this was published at the end of a mining boom.) It makes the case for a third team in Perth far stronger than the case for a Tassie or western Sydney team - should the expansion topic ever pop up again..

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-membership-the-real-figures-for-your-club-20140506-zr5tt.html

Thanks for posting Webby.

On a side note (sorry Mods ;) )
Does anyone else think of the actor Chris Elliott when they see Jake Niall ?
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTM2NDY3MDcwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjgxNDA2._V1_.jpg

KT31
15-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Also my Membership packs arrived today so keep your eyes out for deliveries people.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Also my Membership packs arrived today so keep your eyes out for deliveries people.

Yep. My wife, son and daughter all received theirs in the post on Wednesday, and mine arrived yesterday.

AndrewP6
16-12-2016, 05:16 PM
My membership pack came today. Looks good. Would probably prefer the beanie to not have a pompom but I'm just being picky! Scarf looks really good.

bornadog
16-12-2016, 06:14 PM
My membership pack came today. Looks good. Would probably prefer the beanie to not have a pompom but I'm just being picky! Scarf looks really good.

You can unpick the pompom.

My daughters and wife's came but mine didn't.

1eyedog
16-12-2016, 06:16 PM

I love the new cap, nice mix of colours.

AndrewP6
16-12-2016, 07:57 PM

I may just try that!

Eastdog
16-12-2016, 09:52 PM

Still waiting on mine as well. Tracker says its in transit.

cinder
16-12-2016, 11:34 PM

Mine didn't either BAD but my son's did. Hopefully they're saving the best til last! ;)

ledge
17-12-2016, 01:47 AM
Got mine today , love the cap and the scarfe.. Membership card would have looked better with a big gold premiership cup as the picture :-) .. Sadly only one sticker this year.

Ozza
19-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Why is the scarfe so dominated by red and white? Very strange looking bulldogs scarfe.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Don't start scarfgate again

1eyedog
19-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Does scarfe have an 'e'?

dadsgirl16
19-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Agree...scarf not my favourite

Eastdog
19-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Got my membership pack today. Yes I do agree the scarf does have a lot of white in it and should be more predominately blue but that is a classic first world problem. Happy that I chose the beanie which will come in handy over those cold winter months. Disappointing we got only one sticker but can't complain as the main thing you want is the membership card. It is great be on board for my 5th year as a Western Bulldogs member.

Eastdog
19-12-2016, 06:00 PM
Year 2 for me in the social club and hopefully I will be utilising it again when we make the 2017 GF.

Ozza
19-12-2016, 07:57 PM
Does scarfe have an 'e'?

I'm not even sure anymore. If I'm quite honest, I spelt it without the 'E' and prior to hitting 'post' - doubted myself and checked previous posts and added an 'E'!!

1eyedog
19-12-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm not even sure anymore. If I'm quite honest, I spelt it without the 'E' and prior to hitting 'post' - doubted myself and checked previous posts and added an 'E'!!

Ha ha that's funny. I asked because I wasn't sure rather than trying to be a grammar-Hitler.

Eastdog
19-12-2016, 08:48 PM
Don't start scarfgate again

There were criticisms last year about the scarf but I grew to like it. This more than likely will be the same :)

Eastdog
19-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Got mine today , love the cap and the scarfe.. Membership card would have looked better with a big gold premiership cup as the picture :-) .. Sadly only one sticker this year.

Yes that would have been a good touch to the membership card.

AndrewP6
19-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Does scarfe have an 'e'?

Spelling Nazi here... No 'e' in scarf.

AndrewP6
19-12-2016, 11:36 PM
I don't mind the scarf, yes there's more white but there's enough blue and red that it is recognisably us. Much better than last year. Happy with the beanie too.

AndrewP6
20-12-2016, 12:03 AM

OK I did it. Found the threads holding it on, snipped them. Looks good now. :)

bornadog
20-12-2016, 10:07 AM
OK I did it. Found the threads holding it on, snipped them. Looks good now. :)

Good one.

Still haven't got my pack and can't remember the options I took. I ordered the pompom for my wife and daughter, but no hat for me as I am not a hat person.

KT31
20-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Good one.

Still haven't got my pack and can't remember the options I took. I ordered the pompom for my wife and daughter, but no hat for me as I am not a hat person.

Pretty sure you get a cap by default BAD.

bornadog
20-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Pretty sure you get a cap by default BAD.

I will keep it for a year then give it to the homeless like all the others. I must have given 30 or 40 caps and scarves to homeless people. They should be proud to wear them after the premiership.

Bulldog Revolution
20-12-2016, 10:42 AM
I will keep it for a year then give it to the homeless like all the others. I must have given 30 or 40 caps and scarves to homeless people. They should be proud to wear them after the premiership.

Its a particularly good cap this year - clean, simple design

But yes, we have a large number of bulldog hats, too many for the number of heads we own

Topdog
20-12-2016, 11:32 AM
What is the social club guest pass?

Axe Man
20-12-2016, 12:52 PM
What is the social club guest pass?

You usually get 2 guest passes which allow you to take non social club members into the victory room.

KT31
20-12-2016, 01:54 PM
You usually get 2 guest passes which allow you to take non social club members into the victory room.

Did you have to apply for them or did they come with your membership ?

aker39
20-12-2016, 02:28 PM

They come with the membership.

Normally costs about $10 to take a guest in. You get 2 free ones

bornadog
20-12-2016, 02:28 PM

They come with the pack.

KT31
20-12-2016, 02:36 PM
They come with the pack.

I've never received them in my packs, will make a phone call.

bornadog
20-12-2016, 02:41 PM
I've never received them in my packs, will make a phone call.

Are you a social club member? My wife's one were in the plastic with the scarf.

ledge
20-12-2016, 03:07 PM
And the pin , all in with the scarf.

Murphy'sLore
20-12-2016, 03:09 PM
The scarf is heavy on the red and white but I quite like it, something different, and better quality than last year's, that's for sure.

My other half doesn't like the way all the caps now seem to have that American trucker design, with the big stiff front panel, rather than the flatter front. My theory is that it's to make more room for advertising on the front of the cap. Bloody capitalism, is there nothing it won't ruin??

ledge
20-12-2016, 03:35 PM
The scarf is heavy on the red and white but I quite like it, something different, and better quality than last year's, that's for sure.

My other half doesn't like the way all the caps now seem to have that American trucker design, with the big stiff front panel, rather than the flatter front. My theory is that it's to make more room for advertising on the front of the cap. Bloody capitalism, is there nothing it won't ruin??

I actually thought it was plastic so you could wash it .. Years ago they were cardboard and if you washed them they were stuffed .

Cyberdoggie
20-12-2016, 03:47 PM
I love the new cap, nice mix of colours.

Except they don't fit again.

I don't know whose heads these are modelled on but they never fit mine.

Cyberdoggie
20-12-2016, 03:50 PM

Worse is that there is about 10cm of air between the roof of the cap and your head. Looks like i'm wearing a chef's hat.

I'm not big on the scarf either. Last years was great. This one looks like a Sydney scarf.

Add that to the changes with the Asics gear and jump colour, texture, fit and hoop height. The charcoal polo's.

Not sure what they are thinking over there.

KT31
20-12-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm loving the fact that the criticism of our club is now about the merchandise and apparel rather than its management and on field performances.:D:D

Danny the snakeman
20-12-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm loving the fact that the criticism of our club is now about the merchandise and apparel rather than its management and on field performances.:D:D

Reining premiership supports need to look good.

hujsh
20-12-2016, 05:46 PM
Except they don't fit again.

I don't know whose heads these are modelled on but they never fit mine.

They are a weird fit aren't they?

Never feel comfy around the ears. Don't mind the space above the head because it doesn't mess up my hair as bad so I can take it off if I want to.

cinder
20-12-2016, 06:22 PM
BAD, I received my membership pack today, perhaps ours were last because of the extra stuff they included for Premiership Circle? Nice surprise to receive those extra things.

https://s28.postimg.org/pq4bdz1nh/IMG_6464.jpg

bornadog
20-12-2016, 06:30 PM
BAD, I received my membership pack today, perhaps ours were last because of the extra stuff they included for Premiership Circle? Nice surprise to receive those extra things.

https://s28.postimg.org/pq4bdz1nh/IMG_6464.jpg

Just got it all now as well. (same as your pic)

cinder
20-12-2016, 06:47 PM

Excellent!

Danny the snakeman
20-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Love that mug.

Bulldog4life
20-12-2016, 07:32 PM
And the pin , all in with the scarf.

I received 2 pins. One for being a member for 25 years straight with that number on the pin Now if I hadn't have missed being a member for those 2 lost years I would have totalled 40. But I had to start again.:)

Eastdog
20-12-2016, 08:34 PM

Similar minus a few things from your one as I am silver reserve social club I got the membership card, scarf, 2 EJ Whitten Social club guest passes, Social club pin and beanie which I chose.

Murphy'sLore
21-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Don't mind the space above the head because it doesn't mess up my hair as bad so I can take it off if I want to.

Ah, that's the problem right there. My other half is bald as a googy egg :)

bulldogtragic
21-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Club just sent out a members email saying we are already 30,000 members strong!!

bornadog
21-12-2016, 04:40 PM
https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/WkYNU99Ws3ZmA62Q1LESk3upQIxV3aiMlesAkOcPKuCrWsw15O58ZGvIewfR 4zFGNubvU7vsARchWa5UQsO-ZcHvsz51DfItDCBqlwuN1YYSbiD62bPDrdXOvB1QBnHS-_pM-beh9YahMQUwofJA4TGz=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/6/ChristmasVideo-EDM-ART.jpg

The Western Bulldogs off-field momentum continues to grow with the Club reaching 30,000 members on Tuesday.

It’s the first time in the Club’s history the significant milestone has been reached before Christmas, with the tally 7,459 ahead of the same time last year – a 33 per cent increase.

After a record-breaking figure of 40,082 in 2016, the Bulldogs are now less than 10,000 members away from breaking the Club’s membership record.

The Club has seen significant increase across all categories, including a 16 per cent increase on reserved seat members and a 42 per cent increase on social club memberships from this time last year.

The Club has seen a high demand for EJ Whitten Social Club, Charles Sutton Premiership Circle and Premiership Gold categories, while the introduction of new Ballarat and women’s membership products have also contributed to the significant growth, with both categories selling well in their first month.

For more information or to sign up now visit https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/

bulldogtragic
21-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Maintain 33% over the course of the membership window for 53,000 members! And that as leaving aside that Ballarat memberships have only just been released!!

2017: Record Membership, Record of Zero Debt (at least in my lifetime). Record of Back to Back flags.

LostDoggy
21-12-2016, 08:23 PM
We got our packs including our 2017 members shirts. The quality of the shirts, caps, scarfs etc. is so much better than usual, really impressed!

bulldogtragic
21-12-2016, 08:44 PM
We got our packs including our 2017 members shirts. The quality of the shirts, caps, scarfs etc. is so much better than usual, really impressed!

Good call on the polo. Much, much better quality. Which in turns represents the brand better considering many of us will be wearing it near permanently.

Twodogs
21-12-2016, 09:36 PM
I received 2 pins. One for being a member for 25 years straight with that number on the pin Now if I hadn't have missed being a member for those 2 lost years I would have totalled 40. But I had to start again.:)

Me too. I went from 1977 until I had to miss a few years ago. 2007 or 2008, it had been 30 years +

Topdog
22-12-2016, 11:28 AM
I think its a real shame that the club resets the count if you miss a year. If you have been a member for 38 out of our last 40 years and the club counts you as an 8 year member thats a bit dismissive in a way

ledge
22-12-2016, 01:11 PM
How awesome is the gold season review book ?? Amazing goose bumps reading it.

cinder
22-12-2016, 09:18 PM
How awesome is the gold season review book ?? Amazing goose bumps reading it.

I haven't received it. Hope every member is getting one!

bornadog
23-12-2016, 12:39 AM
I haven't received it. Hope every member is getting one!

You should get one,I got mine today