PDA

View Full Version : Best Quarter of footy in 2016?

ReLoad
06-10-2016, 06:25 AM
So when was it? and why?

The 3rd Quarter of the Hawks QF? when we totally put them to the sword as the reighing 3 time premier and we out muscled them, out played them and dominated?

The last quarter of the Grand final when we were fitter, stronger, hungrier and more determined?

The last quarter of the Prelim? with all that history to overcome? the wave of end to end footy

Ill admit over the next few months im going to watch our whole season again from the start and pick those defining moments that made this journey what it is, becuase although the GF was run and won on the day, its faoir to say our year was built each week.

chef
06-10-2016, 06:56 AM
Last quarter of the prelim for me. That was when we slayed the dragon. The last 10 minutes were manic and spine tingling.

bulldogtragic
06-10-2016, 02:15 PM
First quarter of the season against Freo. 7.1 to 0.2 . We let everyone know that we were coming.
Last quarter of a brutal Grand Final. 4.4 to 2.2 . We let everyone know that we had arrived.

comrade
06-10-2016, 02:21 PM
3rd quarter of the VFL grand final. Most dominant quarter of footy I witnessed all year but I may have been hung over from the night before :D

LostDoggy
06-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Last quarter in the prelim for me aswelll. We weathered an almighty Storm and came home with the win

angelopetraglia
06-10-2016, 11:05 PM
1st Quarter V Eagles EF - we had come to play
3rd Quarter V Hawks SF - demolition job
4th Quarter V GWS PF - the unbearable tension, the elation when Dicko marked it
4th Quarter v Swans GF - a lifelong dream

westdog54
06-10-2016, 11:11 PM
For dominating the opposition, 3rd quarter vs Hawks.

For edge of the seat entertainment, final quarter vs GWS.

hlnbidoffer
07-10-2016, 02:16 PM
1st Quarter V Eagles EF - we had come to play
3rd Quarter V Hawks SF - demolition job
4th Quarter V GWS PF - the unbearable tension, the elation when Dicko marked it
4th Quarter v Swans GF - a lifelong dream

Agree with all the above. I'd like to go a little outside the square though.

4th Quarter v Port Adelaide Away - Setting up our first win at Adelaide Oval. I think this really proved to the team that they could win anywhere if they maintained their attack at the contest.

4th Quarter v Swans Away - JJ goals after siren, enough said.

2nd Quarter v Cats Away - To me, despite losing, it really showed us what the team could do with a strong list. It also showed how crucial Libba and Macrae are to our team. This really solidifies how crucial getting them back for the finals was.

boydogs
08-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Last quarter of the GF - the premiership was on the line and we showed that we wanted it more