PDA

View Full Version : Elevation of players

ReLoad
06-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Now that our players are "premiership players" (can you believe that??? still freaks me out)

Has the reputation of our players been kicked up to a new level from outside our club (lets be honest we already knew they were legends) For example, The hawks have some great average players that are 2 or 3 time premiership players, thier status and recognition is taken to a whole new level when spoken about, Will the same be seen of our players?

For examples,

The Bont (who is rolled gold) now being the sutton winner and Premiership player in the same year, is he is seen by the media and pundits as being an even better player than he is?

What about Fletcher Roberts? He is the full back of a premiership team!!!!! - what has that done for his reputation outside our team?

Clay Smith went from sad story to being one of the greatest overcome adversity stories in the game to being BOG in a prelim, and lift the cup, he is now Clay Smith Premiership player, how is he seen?

The second part is what does that do to our trade stocks, does it inflate their value? are our fringe players seen as being better because they couldnt get into this all conquering team?

westdog54
06-10-2016, 10:40 AM
I think that the player that has been elevated the most out of the premiership is Joel Hamling. Played four absolutely superb games against four top shelf opponents through the finals series after being delisted by Geelong two years ago.

1eyedog
06-10-2016, 10:56 AM
I think that the player that has been elevated the most out of the premiership is Joel Hamling. Played four absolutely superb games against four top shelf opponents through the finals series after being delisted by Geelong two years ago.

Agreed and he signed for two years and apparently turned down significantly more coin to stay alhough may have gone if we had of been knocked out early. The most obvious is T. Boyd. The media's whipping boy to Bulldog God and best player in a Granny. Do not expect another article questioning whether he is worth it - ever.

bornadog
06-10-2016, 02:45 PM
I think the fringe players will be more sought after. There are lots of benefits to being premiers.