PDA

View Full Version : Please come to the Western Bulldogs: Josh Kelly

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Is something I'd like to say this week. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D :D

KT31
17-10-2016, 02:26 PM
This is the sort of thread we needed you to conjure up a few weeks back BT.
If BT writes it they will come.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 02:28 PM
This is the sort of thread we needed you to conjure up a few weeks back BT.
If BT writes it they will come.

I've hit the same media contacts I used with recruiting Tom Boyd. One I told last week is close to Barrett... My cred with them should get some phone calls made and then this trade done too. Or fingers crossed anyway.

Eastdog
17-10-2016, 02:46 PM
For a moment there when I read the thread title before clicking the link I thought it might have been true :)

1eyedog
17-10-2016, 03:28 PM
You are an evil man

Bulldog Joe
17-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Don't be alarmed.

Isn't this how the Tom Boyd recruitment started?

Twodogs
17-10-2016, 04:03 PM
Don't be alarmed.

What if you're alarmed about the prospect of selling the farm for a player who may never play again?

Bulldog Joe
17-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Pretty sure Fyfe will get back on the park. The fact that he could actually play with the broken leg puts him in Dale Morris duarability category.

Certainly do not want to sell the farm, like Hawthorn are doing for O'Meara. I would also rate Jaeger as much more chance of not getting on the park.

stefoid
17-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Should be 'Alex Pearce'

Twodogs
17-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Pretty sure Fyfe will get back on the park. The fact that he could actually play with the broken leg puts him in Dale Morris duarability category.

Certainly do not want to sell the farm, like Hawthorn are doing for O'Meara. I would also rate Jaeger as much more chance of not getting on the park.

Was it a lower leg break or a knee? he's done whatever it is a couple of times hasn't he?

Scraggers
17-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Was it a lower leg break or a knee? he's done whatever it is a couple of times hasn't he?

lower leg ... problem was he didn't let it recover properly.

I can't see Nat leaving WA ... he is too family/farm oriented to do that.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Barrett has just gone further upon his 'dogs are playing high stakes poker' comments and said we are 'now a destination club' on trade radio.

Baseless rumours Carlton & Dogs have conducted a medical of Fyfe are flying around.

bornadog
17-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Don't be alarmed.

No BT is down grading the word Welcome. It should be Operation get Nat Fyfe. But happy to go along with it.:D

bornadog
17-10-2016, 05:09 PM
lower leg ... problem was he didn't let it recover properly.

I can't see Nat leaving WA ... he is too family/farm oriented to do that.

We can buy him a farm in Victoria and the family can move in.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 05:15 PM

We have the entire Western Victorian farming region as our Academy. I think the AFL are paying for some Ambassadorships for the Academy districts. That might make coming to us even a little more lucrative.

bornadog
17-10-2016, 05:17 PM
We have the entire Western Victorian farming region as our Academy. I think the AFL are paying for some Ambassadorships for the Academy districts. That might make coming to us even a little more lucrative.

Have we got the cap?

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Have we got the cap?

Yep. Losing Minson, Hamling, Stevens & Hrovat frees up the extra needed from Hurley's salary to Fyfe's salary. We have over $1,000,000 cap banked. Plus the cap rise. An AFL ambassadorship is extra paid by the AFL. Premierships worth a bonus $30,000 each. It's an attractive offer he's got to make a decision on.

1eyedog
17-10-2016, 05:26 PM
How much does he want to win a flag I would ask him and does he think he will seriously win one at Fremantle? Offer him 100k a year more than the Freo offer, give him 6 years and get him to tell them to trade him to the Dogs or he walks next year ala. Tom Boyd.

Give them pick 18 and next year's first rounder. It's a steal he's the best player in the comp FFS!

Twodogs
17-10-2016, 05:27 PM

We tried something like that when we bought the lease of the Albert hotel for Dale Lewis and his brothers. Dale stayed in Sydney and his brothers moved in and managed the pub.

1eyedog
17-10-2016, 05:37 PM
https://s.yimg.com/ea/img/-/160810/57aadcab2d0a8_b88215649z.1_20160810154136_000_g0ql8ouc.2_1-1bqln5b.jpg

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Western Bulldogs, also known as, Premiers & Every Possible Option.

Remi Moses
17-10-2016, 05:46 PM
We tried something like that when we bought the lease of the Albert hotel for Dale Lewis and his brothers. Dale stayed in Sydney and his brothers moved in and managed the pub.

Dale Lewis going to the dogs was bandied around for a few years

Cyberdoggie
17-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Fyfe was sitting 2 rows behind me at the GF in what was a bulldog member seated area on level 1 in the GSS.
There were no other footballers near him he was going alone or with friends.

Omen? I'll let you guys be the judge.

choconmientay
17-10-2016, 06:02 PM
... growing legs ...

ratsmac
17-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Keep the rumours coming. Where there is smoke there is fire.

ratsmac
17-10-2016, 06:15 PM
Get those jungle drums beating!

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 06:53 PM
I know someone with a best mate linked into a certain Uni sports science facility. Fyfe is medically fit for a monster offer.

kruder
17-10-2016, 07:13 PM
We have to be careful what we offer Fyfe if there is a possibility in getting him. Just looking at the Franklin deal its killing the Swans with Mitchell, Richards Mumford gone and Heeney after big money also. In 18 and 19 all our gun young Premiership players come out of contract and we need some extra room in the cap no doubt.We have to remember he will be getting a chance to join a premiership club with one of the youngest winning sides in history.

I'm thinking do we actually need Fyfe? Yes best player in the comp but we already have the best midfield in the comp. Its an interesting one but i'd prefer top concentrate on a key defender to replace Adams( absolute A grader in my opinion) and of course Hamling.

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 07:23 PM
We have to be careful what we offer Fyfe if there is a possibility in getting him. Just looking at the Franklin deal its killing the Swans with Mitchell, Richards Mumford gone and Heeney after big money also. In 18 and 19 all our gun young Premiership players come out of contract and we need some extra room in the cap no doubt.We have to remember he will be getting a chance to join a premiership club with one of the youngest winning sides in history.

I'm thinking do we actually need Fyfe? Yes best player in the comp but we already have the best midfield in the comp. Its an interesting one but i'd prefer top concentrate on a key defender to replace Adams( absolute A grader in my opinion) and of course Hamling.

By my maths, we have around $1,500,000 banked in salary cap payments. If we offered him the rumoured $6,000,000 for 6 years, we can pump that bank into that contract. Then we are talking $4,500,000 over 6 years which averages out to only $750,000 which is a dead set steal (Deledio is on $800,000). Tom Boyd's contract was front loaded this year. The cap savings from Minson, Hamling, Stevens & Hrovat offset it even more. The rise in the salary cap will help to cover recontracting our guns, and retirements next year will further help a bit.

In short, our very good management means we can have our cake and eat it too.

azabob
17-10-2016, 07:43 PM
BT, I like cake and I like eating it to.

What about re-signing Bont - He deserves surely $700 - $800 per season on his new deal? Or how much is Bont worth?

Less risk to a degree with Fyfe compared to JOM.

hujsh
17-10-2016, 07:45 PM

Sydney are hurting but I imagine it wouldn't be so bad if they got to keep the COLA.

Twodogs
17-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Dale Lewis going to the dogs was bandied around for a few years

Probably because we kept paying the lease on the pub.

What about re-signing Bont - He deserves surely $700 - $800 per season on his new deal? Or how much is Bont worth?

Oh! No-one mentioned there would be cake.

Bulldog4life
17-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Probably because we kept paying the lease on the pub.

Oh! No-one mentioned there would be cake.

I love cake. Yummy

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 07:55 PM

Bont will get more for sure. He's contracted until 2019. I'd guess Bob, Keith, Dale & maybe Picken are all retired for 2020. The salary cap will rise also, more and more if linked to a set % of revenue. A few players will seek trades too. I'm very comfortable that will the salary cap banking we have that we can do a very big deal with a great deal of confidence we are not selling out our future.

LostDoggy
17-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Is there any way we could fit and package together Fyfe and Heeney BT?
I'll let you do the math as I only passed year 9 STC :p

bulldogtragic
17-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Is there any way we could fit and package together Fyfe and Heeney BT?
I'll let you do the math as I only passed year 9 STC :p

Nope. Heeney's price guide is $900,000 apparently. One or the other, and I reckon Fyfe's best is better.

LostDoggy
17-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Thanks BT.
Then Fyfe and X-Richards it is then :)

Jam Donuts
19-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Are you ready for the biggest omen of them all..... His last name starts with an F, so does Footscray, scary isn't it.....

bulldogtragic
19-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Are you ready for the biggest omen of them all..... His last name starts with an F, so does Footscray, scary isn't it.....

Mind. Blown.

craigsahibee
19-10-2016, 10:39 AM

The First known European visitor to Footscray was George Grimes.

George Grimes was born in Aylesbury, England.

Aylesbury received it's first Earl in 1664. A man by the name of Robert Bruce.

Robert Bruce was the Grandson of Thomas Bruce who was born in a village called Blairhall, located in West Fife in Scotland.

See, it all fits. Welcome Nat.

Reference, Wikipedia 2016

Twodogs
19-10-2016, 02:18 PM
The First known European visitor to Footscray was George Grimes.

George Grimes was born in Aylesbury, England.

Aylesbury received it's first Earl in 1664. A man by the name of Robert Bruce.

Robert Bruce was the Grandson of Thomas Bruce who was born in a village called Blairhall, located in West Fife in Scotland.

See, it all fits. Welcome Nat.

Reference, Wikipedia 2016

Pretty much everything in Scotland is near something called Fyfe or Burgh.

Flamethrower
19-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Sorry but my spies tell me that young Nat will be made captain of the Fremantle Football club and offered a massive contract to remain in Perth.

Time for a new rumour.

anfo27
19-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Change it BT to Josh Kelly. Is out of contract next year and the Bont has already been in his ear about joining the mighty dogs for a three peat.

bulldogtragic
19-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Change it BT to Josh Kelly. Is out of contract next year and the Bont has already been in his ear about joining the mighty dogs for a three peat.

Have to, which is also good. Freo heard about me getting involved, and seriously upped their offer. But GWS won't have the cap to stop me getting Kelly. The three bests players of that draft together again. It'd also be great to know GWS gave up rights to all three.

comrade
19-10-2016, 11:19 PM

Steph Curry did the same thing to Kevin Durant. Make it so, Bont.

Twodogs
20-10-2016, 12:43 AM
Alright.

anfo27
20-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Have to, which is also good. Freo heard about me getting involved, and seriously upped their offer. But GWS won't have the cap to stop me getting Kelly. The three bests players of that draft together again. It'd also be great to know GWS gave up rights to all three.

Get it done BT! Now i know your on the case I can rest easy.

bornadog
20-10-2016, 10:05 AM
This thread is confusing,:D

Twodogs
20-10-2016, 01:01 PM

More confusing than trade period?

I can get much more confusing than this.:D

azabob
20-10-2016, 01:13 PM

Confusing isn't the word for it!

GVGjr
20-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Im closing this down until later today.

LostDoggy
20-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Im closing this down until later today.

Hello :)

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 09:23 PM

Hello to you too Redders. How are you?

KT31
20-10-2016, 11:39 PM

Hello to you too Redders. How are you?

You two get a room.:)

GVGjr
20-10-2016, 11:39 PM
Closed again. Unfortunate that the thread has run its course.