PDA

View Full Version : Events Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

bornadog
16-11-2016, 04:33 PM
If you attend an event and want to let your fellow WOOF posters know of any juicy news post in this thread.

Could Mods Please Sticky

bornadog
16-11-2016, 04:35 PM
inside the kennel - recruits edition

Date: Thursday 8th December, 2016Location: The Yarraville Club
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm

This is your chance to hear from our new recruits who will speak on a panel. You will also hear from Western Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney.

Book here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/inside-the-kennel)

merantau
03-12-2016, 09:51 AM
On Friday Dec 2 I attended a fundraiser for the children's ward at the Bendigo Hospital. The venue was the All Seasons Hotel. Brian Taylor was in great form and did a superb job as MC. The players were MAGNIFICENT. They were very obliging signing autographs, memorabilia, doing photographs etc. Lots of questions answered. All upbeat about arrival of Travis Cloke and Bob's re-start. Jake Stringer's Mum was glowing in her praise of how the Club looks after new draftees and the parents of players. There was a great feel to the night even to the extent of older supporters who were at the '54 Grand Final being presented with flowers or a bottle of wine. It really was a credit to the organisers
http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
"It's not about the destination - it's about the trip

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-12-2016, 10:58 PM
On Friday Dec 2 I attended a fundraiser for the children's ward at the Bendigo Hospital. The venue was the All Seasons Hotel. Brian Taylor was in great form and did a superb job as MC. The players were MAGNIFICENT. They were very obliging signing autographs, memorabilia, doing photographs etc. Lots of questions answered. All upbeat about arrival of Travis Cloke and Bob's re-start. Jake Stringer's Mum was glowing in her praise of how the Club looks after new draftees and the parents of players. There was a great feel to the night even to the extent of older supporters who were at the '54 Grand Final being presented with flowers or a bottle of wine. It really was a credit to the organisers
http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
"It's not about the destination - it's about the trip
Your reference to our '54 Premiership reminded me to update you on the fading health condition of Harvey Stevens suffering from malignant cancer in hospital. I was able to visit him last week and in spite of his condition expressed his great love for the Western Bulldogs and was delighted to sit with his 54 team mates to witness our 2016 flag with their spouses. It was a great tonic for such a fine person who is so greatly admired by his peers.

Twodogs
06-12-2016, 06:12 AM
Thrilled to hear that Harvey got to watch the game with his mates.

Eastdog
06-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Nice read merantau and NBP thanks for sharing.

bornadog
09-12-2016, 10:02 AM
inside the kennel - recruits edition

Date: Thursday 8th December, 2016Location: The Yarraville Club

This is your chance to hear from our new recruits who will speak on a panel. You will also hear from Western Bulldogs List Manager Jason McCartney.

Book here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/inside-the-kennel)

Anyone attend and willing to write up a short report?

Smads57
09-12-2016, 10:33 AM
This was a good night attended by around 300 people with a guest appearance by the premiership cup!

Kevin Hillier was MC and started with list mgr, Jason McCartney who discussed the hard decision to let Wil go and his hope that both Hrovat and Stevens get greater opportunities at their new clubs. He also mentioned someone had feedback from Hamling on his first weeks at Freo where he described it being far more tougher than the training at the dogs. He spoke really well about the process of list mgt including the need to sign 14 or so players onto contract extensions in 2017. He did let slip that there was an impending announcement around a contract extension for a premiership player which was confirmed on the night as Magic McLean via a Bulldog tweet.

After a break, Kevin had Cloke, English and Lipinski up front. Cloke was impressive in describing his last year at the Woods and where his mindset landed after his conversation with Bevo which confirmed him wanting to be part of the dogs list.

There were other questions Kevin posed to Clokey and each response was greeted with applause such was his honesty and down to earth responses.

English was asked about the go home factor in a round about way and answered quite encouragingly that he was committed to playing in Victoria.

of course the Lipinski interview focussed some time on his support of the dogs growing up and he quite genuinely described his personal pleasure at our GF win.

Both players said said their focus for 2017 was to put on some weight/strength and work hard on the training track.

bornadog
09-12-2016, 10:42 AM
He also mentioned someone had feedback from Hamling on his first weeks at Freo where he described it being far more tougher than the training at the dogs. .

Thanks Smads57 for the report. Training doesn't necessarily have to be harder or hard etc, it is the type of training you do and the results you achieve.

hujsh
09-12-2016, 11:01 AM
This was a good night attended by around 300 people with a guest appearance by the premiership cup!

Kevin Hillier was MC and started with list mgr, Jason McCartney who discussed the hard decision to let Wil go and his hope that both Hrovat and Stevens get greater opportunities at their new clubs. He also mentioned someone had feedback from Hamling on his first weeks at Freo where he described it being far more tougher than the training at the dogs. He spoke really well about the process of list mgt including the need to sign 14 or so players onto contract extensions in 2017. He did let slip that there was an impending announcement around a contract extension for a premiership player which was confirmed on the night as Magic McLean via a Bulldog tweet.

After a break, Kevin had Cloke, English and Lipinski up front. Cloke was impressive in describing his last year at the Woods and where his mindset landed after his conversation with Bevo which confirmed him wanting to be part of the dogs list.

There were other questions Kevin posed to Clokey and each response was greeted with applause such was his honesty and down to earth responses.

English was asked about the go home factor in a round about way and answered quite encouragingly that he was committed to playing in Victoria.

of course the Lipinski interview focussed some time on his support of the dogs growing up and he quite genuinely described his personal pleasure at our GF win.

Both players said said their focus for 2017 was to put on some weight/strength and work hard on the training track.

He told McCartney that?

Also reminds me of someone but I can't think who...

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/PortAdelaide/Photo%20Galleries/2012%20-%20Galleries/AFL%202012%20Media%20-%20Port%20Adelaide%20v%20Western%20Bulldogs/272428-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

bulldogtragic
09-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Thanks Smads57 for the report. Training doesn't necessarily have to be harder or hard etc, it is the type of training you do and the results you achieve.

To be fair though, training in Perth involves having Ben Cousins chasing you off his head while making violent threats. Good for initial sprinting, repeat sprints and endurance all in one. It's much harder.

Eastdog
09-12-2016, 11:15 PM
Great report Smads57.

Smads57
10-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Hi BAD, I need to better clarify what Jason inferred with his comment re Hamling. I have used the words 'more tougher' but it was to describe the atmosphere at the club, not the actual training. We have a football team with genuine love for playing the game and with each other. I would suspect this is not the case currently at Freo after their 2016 season.

Another comment by Jason that I failed to mention was his description of the versatility of our list - specifically our midfielders. He mentioned we had the least number of genuine 'midfielders only' on our list with players like Dahl, Libba, Wally etc being mid/fwds. He stated we only had four genuine mids....I have struggled to identify these four myself (Macrae would be one?). This particular comment by Jason was brought about when he discussed the selection of Lipinsky who played midfield and forward in the TAC this year.

GVGjr
10-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Another comment by Jason that I failed to mention was his description of the versatility of our list - specifically our midfielders. He mentioned we had the least number of genuine 'midfielders only' on our list with players like Dahl, Libba, Wally etc being mid/fwds. He stated we only had four genuine mids....I have struggled to identify these four myself (Macrae would be one?). This particular comment by Jason was brought about when he discussed the selection of Lipinsky who played midfield and forward in the TAC this year.

Our draft a couple of years back where we selected 5 small or mid sized forward/midfielder types always seemed to me to be a planned effort. My guess is that 4th player J-Mac mentioned would be either Caleb Daniel or more likely Jack Macrae as you have suggested.
With reduced interchange numbers the advantages of having 9 or 10 players more than capable of rotating through midfield duties and still being productive up forward has clearly been a focus. Some teams might have a stronger best 4 or 5 midfielders but we would likely wear them down throughout a game with sheer numbers.

BornInDroopSt'54
13-12-2016, 03:02 PM
"we would likely wear them down throughout a game with sheer numbers" of talented, contested ball fleet. Yes that'd be us.

bornadog
13-12-2016, 04:00 PM
Looking forward to the Social Club event on Thursday - will be jam packed this year.

LostDoggy
14-12-2016, 12:10 PM
What's the dress code for the Social Club function?

choconmientay
14-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Looking forward to the Social Club event on Thursday - will be jam packed this year.

Appreciated if you could post live updates from the event :) I am the unfortunate one who will be checking woof for this event updates :)

Axe Man
14-12-2016, 03:43 PM
What's the dress code for the Social Club function?

From the email:

Dress code: Neat casual (no thongs, shorts or singlets please)

aker39
15-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Did anyone go to the The Doggies Almanac launch last night?

bornadog
16-12-2016, 10:12 AM
From the social club event last night:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czsr_XOUUAEfSD_.jpg:large

bornadog
16-12-2016, 10:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CztoVNnUQAAHqLE.jpg

bornadog
16-12-2016, 10:14 AM
The new recruits:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CztAHCZVIAAQfiL.jpg

bulldogsthru&thru
16-12-2016, 10:17 AM
When will they engrave 'Western Bulldogs' into the cup?

KT31
16-12-2016, 10:25 AM
When will they engrave 'Western Bulldogs' into the cup?

We are waiting for the two for one deal in October 2017.:D

bornadog
16-12-2016, 10:37 AM
We are waiting for the two for one deal in October 2107.:D

I hope we don't have to wait that long :D

Axe Man
16-12-2016, 10:46 AM
I thought the Social Club Function last night was very well run considering the amount of people (2,400 apparently). The waits for entry, food and drinks were reasonable and they had plenty of screens setup and a loud audio system for a change so you could hear all the speakers. Well done to the club and staff involved.

Cyberdoggie
16-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Didn't the players look fantastic in their charcoal........:confused:

KT31
16-12-2016, 02:34 PM
I hope we don't have to wait that long :D

Me too, fixed now.:D

hujsh
16-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Didn't the players look fantastic in their charcoal........:confused:

It'll be an unpopular opinion (and I think people are being a bit precious frankly) but I actually really like the shirt. Bought one yesterday with the singlet and training top. Happy with the ASICS gear all up. Maybe the hoops could be a bit higher but it's not a big deal and will probably look normal once the boys play a couple of games in them.

Pickenitup
16-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Went along last night and what a fantastic event it was.Spoke to a lot of the boys who are just the best bunch of blokes you could ever want to meet .We have a great club and it was so good to see the cup there can't wait to get my hands on it one day

Eastdog
16-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the photos BAD and just the general feel of the night at the social club event from woofers.

bornadog
20-12-2016, 05:10 PM
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/gEKlf0hX6VZ8cXAXn_dR0xP1NYm1Js8a2_mxfFMrx_wkM4UxfZmQ3MuFA4KS 1LwokJj2tVqzGAoccYcmqqFm1IWykVI-tzhPa3wQXpD2L9D0bRaQkAXPWx07j-sDfi_6VO305RbZ_saEp8GE=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/6/eastmeetswest_04.jpg

The annual East Meets West Day will be held again in the new year and we would love to see you there!

Date: Saturday January 14th, 2017
Time: 1pm-2pm
Where: Wesley College main training ground, Glen Waverley

Western Bulldogs Players will be in attendance to run a kids clinic and sign some autographs.

The East West Group will be running the BBQ and membership and merchandise will be on sale

For kids participating in the clinic please bring footy boots/runners, drink bottle, hat and sunscreen.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Go Dogs!

Western Bulldogs Membership

Twodogs
26-12-2016, 08:30 AM
It'll be an unpopular opinion (and I think people are being a bit precious frankly) but I actually really like the shirt. Bought one yesterday with the singlet and training top. Happy with the ASICS gear all up. Maybe the hoops could be a bit higher but it's not a big deal and will probably look normal once the boys play a couple of games in them.

Looks great but charcoal isn't in our colour scheme.

We eat charcoal for breakfast. And, um, oranges. Yeah here at the Bulldogs we eat orange charcoal for breakfast.

Eastdog
06-01-2017, 06:02 PM
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/gEKlf0hX6VZ8cXAXn_dR0xP1NYm1Js8a2_mxfFMrx_wkM4UxfZmQ3MuFA4KS 1LwokJj2tVqzGAoccYcmqqFm1IWykVI-tzhPa3wQXpD2L9D0bRaQkAXPWx07j-sDfi_6VO305RbZ_saEp8GE=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/6/eastmeetswest_04.jpg

The annual East Meets West Day will be held again in the new year and we would love to see you there!

Western Bulldogs Players will be in attendance to run a kids clinic and sign some autographs.

The East West Group will be running the BBQ and membership and merchandise will be on sale

For kids participating in the clinic please bring footy boots/runners, drink bottle, hat and sunscreen.

Go Dogs!

Thinking of going but will depend on weather. If it's a 40 degree day it won't be very good and if it rains as well but I'm thinking it won't be. Would be great to meet a few woofers there who will be going.

Bulldog4life
07-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Thinking of going but will depend on weather. If it's a 40 degree day it won't be very good and if it rains as well but I thinking it won't be. Would be great to meet a few woofers there who will be going.

I won't be going this year. The whole concept has changed. Initially it started out as a training drill with all the players there and the President and the Coach talking and introducing the new players and lasting over about 3 or more hours. It now has been condensed into a kids clinic with a few players turning up for one hour. Not for me but I suggest any Woofers with kids it would be a great day.

Twodogs
08-01-2017, 01:11 PM

Go Dogs!

East West? That looks like Whitten Oval in the background.

Eastdog
08-01-2017, 09:01 PM
10:30am start for the East West day next Saturday but you'll have to contact the East West club for confirmination. They'll be bringing the premiership cups over and we can have a photo with them.

Eastdog
08-01-2017, 09:18 PM
From Facebook
Western Bulldogs Supporter Group- Eastern Suburbs
4 January at 02:05 ·
Just a sneak peak inside the box that's packed for our East Meets West Family Day in just over a weeks time��. Exact timetable will be released after our meeting Monday night. Most important details are already confirmed. Saturday 14th January @ Wesley College. High St Glen Waverley ( the oval is HUGE). Gates open 10:30am. AFL & VFL trophies will be there !! Yes, you can have your own personalised photos. Take note that the line will be large so come early. The players and kids clinic is expected to start at 1pm. Lots to do and eat in the time before they arrive. Bring your footy to kick, bring your dog if you want to show it off , bring some chairs. Most importantly.. bring yourselves, bring friends, all the family and dress in your Premiers team colours. This is a free event. Gold coin donation is always appreciated.
No automatic alt text available.

KT31
09-01-2017, 12:29 PM
From Facebook
Western Bulldogs Supporter Group- Eastern Suburbs
4 January at 02:05 ·
Just a sneak peak inside the box that's packed for our East Meets West Family Day in just over a weeks time��. Exact timetable will be released after our meeting Monday night. Most important details are already confirmed. Saturday 14th January @ Wesley College. High St Glen Waverley ( the oval is HUGE). Gates open 10:30am. AFL & VFL trophies will be there !! Yes, you can have your own personalised photos. Take note that the line will be large so come early. The players and kids clinic is expected to start at 1pm. Lots to do and eat in the time before they arrive. Bring your footy to kick, bring your dog if you want to show it off , bring some chairs. Most importantly.. bring yourselves, bring friends, all the family and dress in your Premiers team colours. This is a free event. Gold coin donation is always appreciated.
No automatic alt text available.
%$#@ that's the main reason for going.:D

Twodogs
09-01-2017, 06:32 PM
No automatic alt text? What are we, Barbarians or something? Other clubs will be laughing at us.

I always say it's just not east/west day without automatic alt text being available.

hujsh
09-01-2017, 06:43 PM
You'd think in this professional era we'd have automatic alt text at all club functions. Goes to show that while we might have won the premiership we still have a long way to go to compete with the big boys.

Pretty disappointing effort IMO

bulldogtragic
09-01-2017, 07:01 PM
%$#@ that's the main reason for going.:D

It's discriminatory too, I thought we were beyond this as a society. I won't use automatic alt text until it's available to everyone at club or club related functions.

bulldogtragic
09-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Just to be clear in my activism, what is automatic alt text?

#Kony2017 #TheRe-Konying

Greystache
09-01-2017, 07:13 PM

#Kony2017 #TheRe-Konying

It's almost on the level of Dihydrogen Monoxide #BanTheSilentKiller #NoDHMO

bulldogtragic
09-01-2017, 07:19 PM
It's almost on the level of Dihydrogen Monoxide #BanTheSilentKiller #NoDHMO

I wanted you to know that I clicked like for your post, so you know I did and also now I can feel good about myself for 'doing something' and get back to making Australia Great Again by bringing back automatic alt text.

Twodogs
09-01-2017, 09:17 PM

#Kony2017 #TheRe-Konying

I can remember Terry De Koning but I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell his name.

jazzadogs
10-01-2017, 01:36 AM
I'm seriously contemplating making the drive from Myrtleford just to get my hands on that cup.

Does anyone have tips on how else to get a photo with it (for less than $150)?

KT31
11-01-2017, 10:44 AM
I'm seriously contemplating making the drive from Myrtleford just to get my hands on that cup.

Does anyone have tips on how else to get a photo with it (for less than $150)?

I'm sure they will have it on display at the Doggies Museum during the season with photo ops.

Eastdog
11-01-2017, 11:58 AM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-01-10/east-meets-west-day

East Meets West Family Day & Kids Clinic
January 10, 2017 6:02 PM

Wesley College in Glen Waverley will again host the annual East Meets West Family Day this Saturday.

Gates will open from 11am, with Bulldogs Premiership stars Jack Macrae, Jake Stringer and Tory Dickson in attendance, along with teammates Matthew Suckling, Travis Cloke, Marcus Adams and Bailey Dale to conduct a Kids Clinic from 1:00pm to 2:00pm, with autograph signing to follow.

Fans will also have their opportunity to have their photo taken with the 2016 AFL Premiership Cup throughout the day, while there will also be kids activities and a BBQ to keep the whole family entertained and well fed.

Event Details:

East Meets West Family Day & Kids Clinic
Date: Saturday 14 January 2017
Time: 11am - 2pm (Kids Clinic: 1pm-2pm)
Venue: Wesley College - Glen Waverley Campus (620 High Street Road, Glen Waverley, VIC 3150)

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

bornadog
11-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Looks like not all the players will be in attendance. This event has changed a bit since Bevo was appointed.

always right
14-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Well that was a waste of time. Event started at 11:00am with seven players not scheduled to arrive until 1:00pm for kids clinic. Long slow queue for photos with premiership cup. God knows what everyone was supposed to do if we didn't have the cup there.

Simon Dalrymple in attendance but didn't play a role. No idea why he couldn't have been interviewed. Bloke on microphone simply apologised for long queue for photo with cup and encouraged everyone to sign up with East West club. Very limited merchandise available, sausage sizzle, coffee van and ice cream van in attendance.....that was it.

Jackson Macrae first to arrive just after 1:00pm and remainder arrived late at 1:15pm. Stringer a no-show. Clinic finished at 1:45pm to allow 15 minutes for photos and autographs.

Feels like the East West family day is being deliberately phased out by the footy club. Strongly doubt there will be one next year. I certainly won't be going if the format doesn't change. Shame....it used to a great morning a few years back.

Bulldog4life
14-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Well that was a waste of time. Event started at 11:00am with seven players not scheduled to arrive until 1:00pm for kids clinic. Long slow queue for photos with premiership cup. God knows what everyone was supposed to do if we didn't have the cup there.

Simon Dalrymple in attendance but didn't play a role. No idea why he couldn't have been interviewed. Bloke on microphone simply apologised for long queue for photo with cup and encouraged everyone to sign up with East West club. Very limited merchandise available, sausage sizzle, coffee van and ice cream van in attendance.....that was it.

Jackson Macrae first to arrive just after 1:00pm and remainder arrived late at 1:15pm. Stringer a no-show. Clinic finished at 1:45pm to allow 15 minutes for photos and autographs.

Feels like the East West family day is being deliberately phased out by the footy club. Strongly doubt there will be one next year. I certainly won't be going if the format doesn't change. Shame....it used to a great morning a few years back.

So true. I have thought that was the case for the last couple of years. Thanks AR you just confirmed my decision not to attend today.

always right
14-01-2017, 06:35 PM
So true. I have thought that was the case for the last couple of years. Thanks AR you just confirmed my decision not to attend today.
Feel sorry for EastWest club. Coming of the back of the premiership the club had a big opportunity to get a big turnout. I hope they aren't getting ahead of themselves.

Eastdog
14-01-2017, 06:47 PM
I went along to the East West Family day and really the main reason a lot of people went was to get a photo with the cup. Would have been good to hear from Peter Gordon and Luke Beveridge but I don't think they came out.

I remember a few years ago the used to give some good speechs. I remember at one of the east west events Simon Garlick spoke and I think might of hosted it. The host there said that they used to have all the players come out and encouraged people to sign up to the supporter group to get possibly try get more events across town.

Got the signatures of Tory Dickson and Jackson Macrae.

All in all I had a fairly good time.

LostDoggy
14-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Feel sorry for EastWest club. Coming of the back of the premiership the club had a big opportunity to get a big turnout. I hope they aren't getting ahead of themselves.

Glad I was unable to attend as I suspected this was going to happen and to be honest how the club has treated the East meets West club over the last few years has been poor.
It use to be a great day that we always attended
but I doubt I will make the effort next year if they were to have it.😒

Eastdog
15-01-2017, 01:15 AM
Here is the website for the East West supporter group.

https://eastwestbulldogs.com/

Nuggety Back Pocket
15-01-2017, 03:44 PM

This was another huge letdown for the East West Committee who for the third year in a row have been let down by the Club. Interesting to see a number of our senior players involved on TV Sports News last night at a Australian Tennis Open promotion yesterday instead of supporting the East West Club day. A huge let down for the many loyal Bulldog supporters from the Eastern Suburbs.
The one highlight on the day was to see the huge number of fans lining up to be photographed with the Premiership Cup. Also great to chat to a 77yo lady from Yarraville and an 81YO former Board member now living at Dixon's Creek and to share the thrill of our 2016 flag having both attended our first Premiership win in '54. It really makes you appreciate the depth of support and just how much it means to have won our second flag after 62 years.

Eastdog
15-01-2017, 08:36 PM
This was another huge letdown for the East West Committee who for the third year in a row have been let down by the Club. Interesting to see a number of our senior players involved on TV Sports News last night at a Australian Tennis Open promotion yesterday instead of supporting the East West Club day. A huge let down for the many loyal Bulldog supporters from the Eastern Suburbs.
The one highlight on the day was to see the huge number of fans lining up to be photographed with the Premiership Cup. Also great to chat to a 77yo lady from Yarraville and an 81YO former Board member now living at Dixon's Creek and to share the thrill of our 2016 flag having both attended our first Premiership win in '54. It really makes you appreciate the depth of support and just how much it means to have won our second flag after 62 years.

Yeah that was the dissapointment in that more of the players didn't come out. The host Travis said that back in the days the full team would come out. Used to held in Jells Park before moving to Wesley College. Was hanging out to see Jake Stringer but he didn't come out. We need to make sure we capitalise much more on these type of opportunities out in the east especially now with having success in winning the premiership.

jazzadogs
15-01-2017, 09:20 PM
It's not a reason to withdraw support, but what sort of events do the other supporter groups have?

I used to attend the East West day every year with my family, and have been to a few of the young guns dinners. It was great and often meant that the family didn't have to trek over to Whitten Oval for family day, as all of the players would attend (and you got to see them train). It is a real shame that it's dropped off so much.

LostDoggy
18-01-2017, 12:42 AM
I attended on Saturday, purely for a photo with the premiership cup. And it was so worth it! The line was slow moving, but I loved that people weren't hurried, we could actually hold the cup and families could get various combinations of members in their photos. I was on my own and the man took around 10 photos for me. Seriously, I could not stop smiling! Definitely a treasured moment. I have attended many East Meets West days over the years and yes, they have gotten smaller with less players in attendance. I know the East West Club are really needing people to sign up ($10 per adult, $20 per family) as with higher membership numbers the club will pay more attention and hopefully the day can get back to what it used to be with the full team attending. So if anyone else wants the day to get back to its former glory, please sign up!

cinder
24-01-2017, 09:54 PM
Family Day:
Saturday 25 February
Gates Open 12:30pm
Open Training 1:00pm
AFL Autograph session (1 hour) 4:00pm
AFLWomens' WB v Collingwood First Bounce 7:10pm
Fireworks display 9:30pm

Awesome!

bornadog
25-01-2017, 12:26 AM
Family Day:
Saturday 25 February

Awesome!

Big Day

Eastdog
25-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Family Day:
Saturday 25 February

Awesome!

Sounds good. Thinking of getting along to get some more signatures from the players to add to the ones I got from Dicko and Jack at the East West day. The main factor for many during the afternoon will be the weather and if it is a 40 degree day then many won't go as there are a lot of people who do not enjoy the heat but the summer so far has been great (no 40 degree days) and hopefully it continues into February.

cinder
26-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Sounds good. Thinking of getting along to get some more signatures from the players to add to the ones I got from Dicko and Jack at the East West day. The main factor for many during the afternoon will be the weather and if it is a 40 degree day then many won't go as there are a lot of people who do not enjoy the heat but the summer so far has been great (no 40 degree days) and hopefully it continues into February.

Yep. I'd be happy to stay for the whole thing but the trick is going to be convincing the other half!

Eastdog
26-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Yep. I'd be happy to stay for the whole thing but the trick is going to be convincing the other half!

The fan day if the weather is good should get a big turnout.

bornadog
30-01-2017, 06:38 PM
The best night of the year. Get in early

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Images/Landing%20Page%20Hero/HERO_Page_SeasonLaunch2016.jpg?timestamp=14856943575772017 WESTERN BULLDOGS SEASON LAUNCH

Kick off the new season in style and join the Club's players and staff at the 2017 Western Bulldogs Season Launch, brought to you by event partners Mission Foods and Geelong Travel.
Held in the impressive Crown Palladium in the heart of Melbourne, the Season Launch is a great opportunity for members of the red, white and blue family to gather together and get an inside look into the season ahead.

Hear from Western Bulldogs Premiership Coach, Luke Beveridge and key Club officials, all while enjoying a delicious three course meal and beverages.

The event will be hosted by Channel Seven and Triple M broadcaster, and former Club captain Luke Darcy.

Date: 6:30pm, Tuesday 14 March 2017
Venue: Crown Palladium
Dress Code: Lounge suit & ladies accordingly
What’s Included: Three course meal, premium beverage package (beer, wine & soft drink), musical entertainment
Cost: Member - $180.00; Non-Member - $190.00; Child - $90.00

To book online please click HERE (https://rwbhospitality.com.au/Meetings/Meeting?ID=1016)
For further information, please contact Western Bulldogs Events at events@westernbulldogs.com.au.

Eastdog
30-01-2017, 09:33 PM
From the club today via email

The 2017 JLT Community Series is just around the corner, which will see AFL football return to Victoria University Whitten Oval, with the Western Bulldogs to host Melbourne at the Kennel on Saturday 18 February at 4.40pm. Members wanting to cheer on our AFLW team will have the chance to watch them take on Melbourne in our double header that evening at 7.40pm.

The Western Bulldogs will also face Brisbane (7.40pm EDT, Thursday 2 March) at Etihad Stadium and Gold Coast SUNS (4.50pm EDT, Thursday 9 March) up north at Metricon Stadium to round out our three pre-season match fixture.

2017 Western Bulldogs members have the benefit of accessing* JLT Community Series matches as part of their membership. This means members will be able to scan their membership card at the gate to gain entry subject to capacity.

For the Club’s match against Melbourne at Victoria University Whitten Oval, due to the venue’s limited capacity and considering the anticipated demand for this match, we strongly advise that all members guarantee their entry by using their membership card to upgrade to a grandstand seat or register for a general admission ticket.

Member upgrades and registrations are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee. Transaction fees may also apply. Members can upgrade via Ticketmaster by entering their membership barcode.

Club members have exclusive access to a pre-sale period, operating from 9:00am – 5:00pm, Tuesday 31 January, 2017.
JLT Community Series tickets will then go on-sale to the general public from 9:00am, Wednesday 1 February.

This is going to be a fantastic day with footy back at our spiritual home so ensure you are prepared in advance to make your experience at the game a great one.

Go Dogs!

*Access to the JLT Community Series matches is subject to availability and capacity and is not guaranteed. Additional fees and charges may apply.

LostDoggy
30-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Man,
The Old Girl's gunna be jam packed and pumping.

LostDoggy
30-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Man,
The Old Girl's gunna be jam packed and pumping.
Can't wait!

Eastdog
30-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Should be a huge crowd again at WO. The trains I'm sure will busy for those who plan to go.

bornadog
31-01-2017, 12:11 AM
Should be a huge crowd again at WO. The trains I'm sure will busy for those who plan to go.

Hey Easty, wrong thread. This thread is for events and functions, outside of games. Need to move to another thread. Cheers and thanks.

bornadog
12-02-2017, 11:23 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Images/BulldogsTV/2016/FFOFHub-Header-Week4-ART.jpg?timestamp=1486842230618

Saturday 25th February

Gates open 12.30pm
Open Training 1.00pm
Autograph Session 1 hour from 4pm

AFLW v Collingwood 7.10pm

Smads57
13-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Attended a lunchtime Q&A function today at the Phillip Island Football Club in Cowes (players were also conducting kids clinics for pupils from local schools). 12 players were in attendance (Dahl, Crammers, Jongy, JJ, Honey, Macrae, English, Cordy, Clay, Toby, Redpath and Roberts).

There were around 80 or so people in the club rooms and the questions asked included 'any game plan changes in 2017' - nothing significant was the response, 'how is the Bont's foot' - rumours doing social media say he has a bit of a foot problem. The players said he was ok to play JLT, 'what does Honeychurch need to do different in 2017 to get into the senior team (my question)' - nothing majorly different, just keep following up on coaches instructions, 'What did GWS player Whitfield say to Macrae in the prelim' - children were in the room so wouldn't say, 'how was Bevo different to previous coaches the players have had at Bulldogs (directed to Dahl)' - encourages the players to play their own game, ' how was Crammers feeling after being out for 18 months' - excited to be back in the fold at the football club, 'how is Clokey tracking' - he is doing ok, 'how is Redders tracking with return from ACL - he expects to be upping the ante in two weeks time and aiming to return around mid year', 'how tall is English' - 6'9''.

Crameri played the MC and it was a very relaxed half hour with autographs and pics at the end of the event.

LostDoggy
14-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Attended a lunchtime Q&A function today at the Phillip Island Football Club in Cowes (players were also conducting kids clinics for pupils from local schools). 12 players were in attendance (Dahl, Crammers, Jongy, JJ, Honey, Macrae, English, Cordy, Clay, Toby, Redpath and Roberts).

There were around 80 or so people in the club rooms and the questions asked included 'any game plan changes in 2017' - nothing significant was the response, 'how is the Bont's foot' - rumours doing social media say he has a bit of a foot problem. The players said he was ok to play JLT, 'what does Honeychurch need to do different in 2017 to get into the senior team (my question)' - nothing majorly different, just keep following up on coaches instructions, 'What did GWS player Whitfield say to Macrae in the prelim' - children were in the room so wouldn't say, 'how was Bevo different to previous coaches the players have had at Bulldogs (directed to Dahl)' - encourages the players to play their own game, ' how was Crammers feeling after being out for 18 months' - excited to be back in the fold at the football club, 'how is Clokey tracking' - he is doing ok, 'how is Redders tracking with return from ACL - he expects to be upping the ante in two weeks time and aiming to return around mid year', 'how tall is English' - 6'9''.

Crameri played the MC and it was a very relaxed half hour with autographs and pics at the end of the event.

Sensational summary Smads :)
Cheers

craigsahibee
16-02-2017, 12:10 PM

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Images/Landing%20Page%20Hero/HERO_Page_SeasonLaunch2016.jpg?timestamp=14856943575772017 WESTERN BULLDOGS SEASON LAUNCH

Kick off the new season in style and join the Club's players and staff at the 2017 Western Bulldogs Season Launch, brought to you by event partners Mission Foods and Geelong Travel.
Held in the impressive Crown Palladium in the heart of Melbourne, the Season Launch is a great opportunity for members of the red, white and blue family to gather together and get an inside look into the season ahead.

Hear from Western Bulldogs Premiership Coach, Luke Beveridge and key Club officials, all while enjoying a delicious three course meal and beverages.

The event will be hosted by Channel Seven and Triple M broadcaster, and former Club captain Luke Darcy.

What’s Included: Three course meal, premium beverage package (beer, wine & soft drink), musical entertainment

To book online please click HERE (https://rwbhospitality.com.au/Meetings/Meeting?ID=1016)
For further information, please contact Western Bulldogs Events at events@westernbulldogs.com.au.

Booked. Really looking forward to this.

bornadog
16-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Booked. Really looking forward to this.

Me too, I tend to go every year. This year will be special as reigning premiers.:)

craigsahibee
16-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Me too, I tend to go every year. This year will be special as reigning premiers.:)

Can't get enough of that.

Eastdog
16-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Can't get enough of that.

Just love saying that. What a great feeling it is still.

Twodogs
17-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Just love saying that. What a great feeling it is still.

We'd better win again. I don't wanna have to stop saying that.

Anyway nearly six months into our premiership defense and I just have to say it's going pretty well. No problems so far.

bornadog
17-02-2017, 04:14 PM
We'd better win again. I don't wanna have to stop saying that.

Anyway nearly six months into our premiership defense and I just have to say it's going pretty well. No problems so far.

We can also say Defending Champions for the whole year till GF, and hopefully beyond.

Bulldog4life
17-02-2017, 05:39 PM
We can also say Defending Champions for the whole year till GF, and hopefully beyond.

Back to back sounds better.:)

Eastdog
19-02-2017, 02:31 AM
Family Day:
Saturday 25 February

Awesome!

Weather is looking good for next Saturday

Melbourne Forecast Sat 25th Feb

15-22 Cloudy

40% chance of rain

Eastdog
20-02-2017, 02:11 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/festival-of-football

More Details

Western Bulldogs Fan Day/AFLW Round 4 - Western Bulldogs v Collingwood

Saturday 25 February
Victoria University Whitten Oval
AFLW First Bounce 7:10pm

Join us for an afternoon and evening of family fun at Victoria University Whitten Oval, kicking off with an open training session for the reigning AFL premiers and concluding with a fireworks display after the NAB AFLW clash between the Bulldogs and Collingwood.

Gates will open from 12:30pm, with access to the precinct via Spurling Reserve (corner of Barkly St and Whitten Avenue) and Cross Street.

Open training commences at 1:00pm, with the AFL playing list to conduct a one-hour signing session from 4:00pm (approx.).

The NAB AFL Women’s match will commence at 7:10pm, with a fireworks display, and a 30-minute kick to kick on the oval to follow.

A sponsor village featuring Priceline, Bob Jane T-Marts, Pancake Parlour and Bulla Ice Creams will be located behind the goals at the Barkly Street End of the venue, while there will also be a host of football activities for young fans thanks to Victoria University.

There will also be a kids zone with face painting, jumping castles and a photo booth.

Food trucks, including Biggie Smalls, will be on site for those looking for something to eat, while Barkers Café will also be open.

Merchandise will be available from the Bulldogs Shop inside the main building, and also in a marquee down in Spurling Reserve.

The membership team will also be on hand to answer all your questions, or to help you sign-up for season 2017. They will be located in Spurling Reserve at the Barkly Street end of the venue.

Parking around the precinct will be limited, with the main car park at Victoria University Whitten Oval closed. Public transport is recommended as the best mode of transport to and from the event.

Patrons are able to bring their own food into the venue, however no alcohol or glass can be brought in the venue.

NB: No pets are allowed within the Victoria University Whitten Oval precinct.

Twodogs
20-02-2017, 02:17 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/festival-of-football

More Details

Western Bulldogs Fan Day/AFLW Round 4 - Western Bulldogs v Collingwood

Saturday 25 February
Victoria University Whitten Oval
AFLW First Bounce 7:10pm

Join us for an afternoon and evening of family fun at Victoria University Whitten Oval, kicking off with an open training session for the reigning AFL premiers and concluding with a fireworks display after the NAB AFLW clash between the Bulldogs and Collingwood.

Gates will open from 12:30pm, with access to the precinct via Spurling Reserve (corner of Barkly St and Whitten Avenue) and Cross Street.

Open training commences at 1:00pm, with the AFL playing list to conduct a one-hour signing session from 4:00pm (approx.).

The NAB AFL Women’s match will commence at 7:10pm, with a fireworks display, and a 30-minute kick to kick on the oval to follow.

A sponsor village featuring Priceline, Bob Jane T-Marts, Pancake Parlour and Bulla Ice Creams will be located behind the goals at the Barkly Street End of the venue, while there will also be a host of football activities for young fans thanks to Victoria University.

There will also be a kids zone with face painting, jumping castles and a photo booth.

Food trucks, including Biggie Smalls, will be on site for those looking for something to eat, while Barkers Café will also be open.

Merchandise will be available from the Bulldogs Shop inside the main building, and also in a marquee down in Spurling Reserve.

The membership team will also be on hand to answer all your questions, or to help you sign-up for season 2017. They will be located in Spurling Reserve at the Barkly Street end of the venue.

Parking around the precinct will be limited, with the main car park at Victoria University Whitten Oval closed. Public transport is recommended as the best mode of transport to and from the event.

Patrons are able to bring their own food into the venue, however no alcohol or glass can be brought in the venue.

NB: No pets are allowed within the Victoria University Whitten Oval precinct.

I won't be able to see without my glasses!

Eastdog
20-02-2017, 08:09 PM
I won't be able to see without my glasses!

No the other glasses TD :D:D I need to bring mine along as well. I require them for driving and bring them every time I go to the footy.

Keen to get along to the fan day. Might have a coffee or beer at the Barkers Cafe if I go.

Twodogs
20-02-2017, 08:28 PM
No the other glasses TD :D:D I need to bring mine along as well. I require them for driving and bring them every time I go to the footy.

Keen to get along to the fan day. Might have a coffee or beer at the Barkers Cafe if I go.

Sunglasses you mean?

I'm as blind as a bat myself.

Eastdog
20-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Sunglasses you mean?

Prescription glasses. Only need them for long distance, short distance e.g.: reading a book I don't require them.

I do wear sunnies as well.

LostDoggy
20-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Prescription glasses. Only need them for long distance, short distance e.g.: reading a book I don't require them.

After about 6 beers i've usually got my goggle's on :cool:

Eastdog
20-02-2017, 09:07 PM
After about 6 beers i've usually got my goggle's on :cool:

You thinking of going to the fan day redders?

LostDoggy
20-02-2017, 09:34 PM
You thinking of going to the fan day redders?

Unfortunately due to a prior commitment i won't be able to make it Easty.
What about yourself?

Eastdog
20-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately due to a prior commitment i won't be able to make it Easty.
What about yourself?

Probably will - depend on the weather but it will be nice and cool this year compared to previous years when it has been very hot.

Twodogs
20-02-2017, 10:07 PM

I've got prescription sunglasses. I accidently ran over them once in the car and they were fine. Tyre went right over them.

Eastdog
20-02-2017, 10:22 PM
I've got prescription sunglasses. I accidently ran over them once in the car and they were fine. Tyre went right over them.

They must be quite resistant to withstand stand a car tyre.

Twodogs
20-02-2017, 11:06 PM
They must be quite resistant to withstand stand a car tyre.

They make them to withstand a bit of punishment these days. still pretty good.

Eastdog
20-02-2017, 11:11 PM
They make them to withstand a bit of punishment these days. still pretty good.

A bit like the iPhones - when you drop them they may crack but still can function very well.

Anyway lets get back on topic of the thread which is about Bulldog club events :)

bornadog
21-02-2017, 12:10 AM
getting off topic here.

Eastdog
24-02-2017, 06:05 PM
So who is going to the fan day tomorrow?

Eastdog
25-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Went along today to the fan day and enjoyed myself. Sat up in the Whitten Stand and watched the intra club match, they showed the first quarter of the 2016 GF, went to line up to get some autographs - getting the signatures of Bonti, Bob, Crammers, Dunks, Webb to name a few. The weather was just right not to hot as well.

bornadog
14-03-2017, 12:05 AM

Who will be there?

dadsgirl16
14-03-2017, 06:43 PM
Me!!

Eastdog
14-03-2017, 06:47 PM
For woofers who are going enjoy the night. Look forward to the woof report. I'm sure they will upload footage of the night on the website.

bornadog
14-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Sitting with Bailey Williams, nice guy

Eastdog
15-03-2017, 11:45 AM
How was the Season launch BAD and dadsgirl16?

dadsgirl16
15-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Had a great night..Stewart Crameri at our table and he was a really nice guy..remembering all our names at the end of the night.
Bevo's speech was brilliant as you have no doubt heard by now he introduced Dr Suess to the assembled..he really is quite special.
Wasn't rapt in the MC..ok I guess but made quite a few mistakes...wandered around the room and our players are very accomodating
and all lovely young men!

Eastdog
15-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Had a great night..Stewart Crameri at our table and he was a really nice guy..remembering all our names at the end of the night.
Bevo's speech was brilliant as you have no doubt heard by now he introduced Dr Suess to the assembled..he really is quite special.
Wasn't rapt in the MC..ok I guess but made quite a few mistakes...wandered around the room and our players are very accomodating
and all lovely young men!

Stewie for the brief moment when I got his autograph at the fan day seemed nice along with Bob and the others who I got autographs from.

bornadog
15-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Went along last night to a sellout 2017 Season Launch. Total attendance was 1260, the most ever for the club and the atmosphere was electric.

All players were in attendance except Roarke Smith and were presented with their jumpers from Bevo and the great Simon Beasely.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C637jNdU0AAUiKD.jpg

The night was hosted by Seb Costello, who did a pretty good job. Peter Gordon kicked things off with a welcome and recap of how we have got to where we are.

The speech of the night was from Bevo, and what a speech, what a motivator of people. As soon as a copy of the vision is up on the club website, do yourself a favour and listen/Watch it. He is certainly one from left field.

With so many in attendance, I was worried we wouldn't have a player on our table, plus this year I ended up at the back on table 98, but when I saw Irene Chatfield on our table, I knew we would have a player.

Bailey Williams joined us and had a very good chat to him.

Some points I can remember:

* Team is extremely hard to crack into - he seemed to be a bit worried about it, especially with Bob, JJ and MBoyd in the team. I said to him, as long as he keeps playing well, there will always be an injury of sorts and he will get a game. He also has to think of the long term and not just this year. He said he is still 19 years old.

* New guys have all slotted in well. The only one having any issues is Fergus Greene, with a few niggley injuries and hasn't had a good run.

* He lives with Roarke and one other player (can't remember) and they are good mates. He also hangs around with Libba. :eek:

* Loves living in Melbourne. When he first arrived his mother called him every day and in the end he had to tell her to ease off as he didn't have the time.

* He is at the club every single day, except Wednesday and Sunday.

* He is doing a Business Course at VU

- Libba was sitting at the next table and was constantly interrupted by autograph hunters. Managed a quick photo and chat - very funny guy.

- The Bont had people lining up to get their photo with him.

- There was a panel of players on stage and they were asked various questions - nothing really to report.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C63rr6oU4AA1LaA.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C639fanVsAEPyQv.jpg

Overall a positive night and looking forward to the season ahead

bornadog
15-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Luke Beveridge adapts Dr Seuss poem ‘Oh, the Places You’ll Go’ at Western Bulldogs season launch (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/luke-beveridge-rewrites-dr-seuss-poem-oh-the-places-youll-go-at-western-bulldogs-season-launch/news-story/1c785b3ff2999a122140671b51d82401)

THERE was no cat in a hat at last night’s Western Bulldogs season launch, but a Dog in a suit channelled his inner poet ahead of the team’s premiership defence.

Coach Luke Beveridge — known to draw the occasional left-of-centre parallel to football, famously using an analogy from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory during last year’s season — last night donned his Dr Seuss hat, reciting verses of the famed ‘Oh, The Places You’ll Go’ to describe the lead-in to the season.

And the room was enthralled.

“Our great friend and surgeon — I don’t know if he’s in the room tonight — Dr David Young alerted me to the fact that in 1990, the wise and wonderful Theodore Geisel, nickname Dr Seuss, wrote a book about the Bulldogs called ‘Oh, The Places You’ll Go’,” Beveridge said, completely straight-faced.

“Like the great Nostradamus, Dr Seuss’ foresight was supernatural and uncanny.

“He wrote some paragraphs that not only applied at the end of 2014, but projected in a perpetual way to once again describe our circumstances:

“You will come to a place where the streets are not marks, some windows are lighted but mostly they’re darked.

“A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!

“Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?

“How much can you lose? How much can you win?

“And IF you go in, if you could turn left or right, or right and three-quarters? Or maybe not quite?

“Or go around the back and sneak in from behind?

“Simple it’s not, I’m afraid you will find,

for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.

“So I said to the players at the end of 2016, when we start our current campaign — everything’s changed, but nothing changes.

“We draw on our strength from within, and we will mark the streets, we will light the windows, we will dare to go in, risk losing to win. We won’t take shortcuts — and do it all with a grin.

“We can’t make any promises, we know we can improve. Who knows, it may be more difficult.

“But, the places we can go, there is fun to be done. There are points to be scored, there are games to be won. And the magical things we can do with that ball, can once again make us the winningest winner of all.”

Hotdog60
15-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the reports, loved the speech.
My new sig.

LostDoggy
15-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the reports, loved the speech.
My new sig.

Bugger!! :(

bornadog
17-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Bevo's Speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78gShxi7TMU&feature=youtu.be

bornadog
31-03-2017, 05:22 PM
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/a089g2QLSZXEejylR4jcl6Yvr86T29AyfoEBVAgtKCWZg8iG3iFuudLL4_nk QD8Cshvf2kdXrqZvttfwkzaP_0Naz8CDxy40KObcktLV0RyAK9_mKTqUppYf 1N3sKa-xSHo9FE3DSAwJPIuvNQ=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/6/2017-ITK1-EDM-ART.jpg

Buy Tickets here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/inside-the-kennel)

bornadog
30-05-2017, 05:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBDaKDhUwAAUv4y.jpg:large

From the Club
Join us at the second edition of Inside the Kennel for 2017.

Inside The Kennel events are a must for all Bulldogs fans that want to get an insider’s perspective on their club.

Guests will enjoy a delicious two course meal, with drinks available at bar prices, while hearing from members of the Western Bulldogs playing group and coaching staff.

Date: Tuesday 13th June

Price:
$45 – Social Club members
$55 – Members
$65 – Non-members
$35 – Children

This is your chance to hear from Skipper Robert Murphy and premiership players Josh Dunkley and Lachie Hunter. You will also hear from Western Bulldogs Backline VFL coach Steve Grace.
Click here (https://rwbhospitality.com.au/Meetings/Meeting?ID=1247) to book.
For any enquiries you may call the Western Bulldogs events line on 9680 6199

Eastdog
19-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Did any woofers go to the Inside the Kennel event?

bornadog
05-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Legends & Young Guns 2017

Picken, Cordy, Jong, Dale, Cloke

This night promises to be a highlight on the calendar of any die-hard supporter.
Special guests this year include President Peter Gordon, Vice-President Kylie Watson-Wheeler, club legends Terry Wallace, Scott West and Daniel Cross Kevin Hillier hosts the function and it will also of-fer every guest the opportunity to take home some unique prizes in the raffle.

Tickets are $75 for East-West members and $80 for guests which includes a delicious three-course meal and drinks at bar prices. To reserve your place, please call

Rhonda Caulfield on 0408 511 107. Bookings close on Monday, 24 July.

Event Details

When: Thursday, 27 July 2017 Time: 7:00pm for 7.30pm start

Where: Mulgrave Country Club, Wheelers Hill Address: Cnr Wellington & Jells Roads, Wheelers Hill

LostDoggy
05-07-2017, 07:30 PM
One for the Qld supporters.

I have booked a table at the German Club for the Qld based supporters attending the game vs the Lions on the 5/8.

Table is booked for 12:30 and food will be Available for lunch.

The more the merrier

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-07-2017, 08:10 PM
One for the Qld supporters.

I have booked a table at the German Club for the Qld based supporters attending the game vs the Lions on the 5/8.

Table is booked for 12:30 and food will be Available for lunch.

The more the merrier

Normally I'd be right there SD as I'm a member of the German Club, but I'm planning on taking my 4 year old son to see the Doggies for this year's game at the GABBA. Maybe next year if it lines up!
The Rissoles, mash, vege & Sauerkraut is a great hearty meal. The pig knuckle is immense too!

LostDoggy
05-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Normally I'd be right there SD as I'm a member of the German Club, but I'm planning on taking my 4 year old son to see the Doggies for this year's game at the GABBA. Maybe next year if it lines up!
The Rissoles, mash, vege & Sauerkraut is a great hearty meal. The pig knuckle is immense too!

Hoping to make it a annual thing if possible. Ashamedly I've not been to the German club so very excited to try the food

Axe Man
07-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Not a club event but I'm attending A Night With Matthew (Boyd) & Bob tomorrow night at the Newborough Pub.

Eastdog
08-07-2017, 01:10 AM
Not a club event but I'm attending A Night With Matthew (Boyd) & Bob tomorrow night at the Newborough Pub.

That sounds great. Will be cool to have a beer with Boydy and Bob.

Eastdog
10-07-2017, 07:51 PM

How are Bob and Matt? :)

Axe Man
11-07-2017, 03:45 PM
How are Bob and Matt? :)

Was a good night. Was only a fairly small room so plenty of opportunity to get photos and signatures or have a quick chat with them.

bornadog
11-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Was a good night. Was only a fairly small room so plenty of opportunity to get photos and signatures or have a quick chat with them.

Anything to report, any gossip?

Axe Man
12-07-2017, 12:52 PM
Anything to report, any gossip?

Nothing really, although the open bar may have clouded my recall somewhat...

bornadog
21-07-2017, 11:54 AM
https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/p1KNGMLiKIPpLTziWxG0a5trZVqfB4WXR07W1-oABvG8rlIFg2H2S-2oV6d9aZEfIZdZou4BMJr3opRY7Tef5RrrmTBK-Ijpv8UuZhmJiZlQIo51pj0D_nyGQcSdgeUg8fxU_SqJ9moR99xZPAS80xc2d i5cTkO_XZwSKT2cskQ=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/6/86eb5675-aa9e-4f4a-951b-faaddc50f6b8.jpg

bornadog
28-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Legends & Young Guns 2017

Picken, Cordy, Jong, Dale, Cloke

This night promises to be a highlight on the calendar of any die-hard supporter.
Special guests this year include President Peter Gordon, Vice-President Kylie Watson-Wheeler, club legends Terry Wallace, Scott West and Daniel Cross Kevin Hillier hosts the function and it will also of-fer every guest the opportunity to take home some unique prizes in the raffle.

Tickets are $75 for East-West members and $80 for guests which includes a delicious three-course meal and drinks at bar prices. To reserve your place, please call

Rhonda Caulfield on 0408 511 107. Bookings close on Monday, 24 July.

Event Details

When: Thursday, 27 July 2017 Time: 7:00pm for 7.30pm start

Where: Mulgrave Country Club, Wheelers Hill Address: Cnr Wellington & Jells Roads, Wheelers Hill

Anyone attend last night?

GVGjr
29-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Anyone attend last night?

I went and it was a great night. It started off with a somber moment where the EW Club president mentioned the sad passing of long time EW Club member and fund raiser David McTaggart. I can remember David being one of the first at the old Western Oval each match day selling raffle tickets for the club.

The night was hosted by Kevin Hillier.
The 3 Young players were Tim English, Patrick Lipinski and Fergus Greene. Fergus was at my table and is a terrific and polite young man in fact all of the boys were. While at the table Fergus talked about his journey to our club from Bendigo (Played for Sandhurst) and how the 15-6 beep result at one of the secondary combine is what helped get him there. When he arrived at the club he was just 72kg but quickly lost some weight as they all tend to do with the work load they need to manage. Since his injury he has added some weight to around 75kg and will be looking to move to around 80kg next season. He showed the footage on his phone of how we hurt his wrist in a marking contest. Of course I asked him about his goal kicking (couldn't help myself :) ) and he mentioned that his father had a saying about keeping it simple and running in straight which he thinks has helped him. He also talked about how he watches Tory Dickson because he thinks he has the good routine.
His biggest fear when he arrived at the club was about how he might settle but that was quickly put at ease with the way all players have treated him. He made a particular mention on how he had to spend some time with Dale Morris and Matthew Boyd and how they made him feel like a big part of the club.

Hillier interviewed the 3 boys and they all spoke so well. English has moved into a place by himself and admits between training, cooking and cleaning his biggest relaxation hobby is sleeping. Greene is with a host family and really enjoys it and I think he and Lewis Young make sure they go to a movie each week on their day off.

Jamie Maddocks our Opposition and Development coach was next and he provided a terrific overview of his role of scouting the opposition teams starting as much as 4 weeks before the play that side. He started scouting Essendon 3 weeks ago. He also talked about his development role under Rohan Smith and his work with the handball club. Informative interview without giving too much away ;)

Next up were President Peter Gordon and Vice President Kylie Watson-Wheeler. This was another good interview which of course touched on last years premiership and the progress the club has made in debt reduction and growing the club. They also talked about the number of initiatives the club has undertaken in recent years.

Lastly we had the 3 Legends interviewed and I was particularly keen to hear from them.

Scott West talked about his playing days and how he now does a lot of work with coaches at the local footy level. He also talked about his coaching at Werribee and as an assistant coach at Melbourne where he indicated a level of frustration with the whey that club was going at the time. He mention that he thought he could have really helped the club if he had stayed on for another season and seemed to genuinely believe he could have made a difference for us particularly at the end of the season. He talked about his son Rhylee and his football plus gave a very humorous account how both of them sat near Libba senior at the GF and how he was very tempted to call security to have him removed because he couldn't shut up :) Scott has an excellent sense of humour to go along with his more serious side.
Scott's back doing landscape gardening in a business that does it mainly for major events like the Grand Prix and Cauflied races etc

Daniel Cross still very much felt like a part of the premiership celebrations despite finishing off his football and now coaching at Melbourne. Cross still has a great love for our club.

The highlight for me was Terry Wallace back at club for his first real club function. He still loves the club in a big way and I think he was relieved to finally be officially welcomed back. Plough was very informative, funny and most of all honest with his stories about his time at the club.

I met another WOOF forum member there and I hope she adds to my comments on the night.

I've left out heaps so I will try and add to it a bit later

Doc26
29-07-2017, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the great write up GVG. Pleased to hear Crossy and Terry back in the fold.

I know that NBP went along as well.

bornadog
29-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Cheers GVGjr, sounds like a great night. My mate sat next to Crossy at the GF, (he happened to be in the seat next to him with his wife). Said he was a terrific bloke to talk to. Cross declared at 3/4 time we would win. I believe he was in the rooms after the game as well.

josie
29-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Great wrap up GVGjr and lovely to meet you. Tickled please that I have had pleasure of meeting one of woof founders. A true gentleman indeed.

I recall English and Lipinski saying they love a sleep in on non- training days. All three young 'uns said other players older and younger welcoming from get go. English suffering from cold weather however loves opportunity Dogs have given him to fulfill his dream and the professional environment.

Lipinski told funny story about Dalrymple visiting his families my home ( cannot recall if it was prior to him being drafted or after) where his mum showed photo of him as 6 yo dressed up in his Dogs jumper - much to his embarrassment. Lipinski taking uni year off however will (re)start commerce degree next year. Likes catching up with mates in downtime. He has a week or two before he is back in consideration for vfl.

West obviously very proud of his footy playing sons incl Rhylee (who I think most of us know is a v likely to be picked up by us). Said he would love to see sons play in same jumper number as father for the romance of it however understands they want to make their own way. Great story by Hellier about how West would run from wo to skinner reserve in his 1st yr and how seniors would laugh then more players started joining west when they realised standard he set was raising the bar for all.

Crossy noted wo facilities were pretty bad when he was first recruited. Also chuffed with grand final win, as was West and Plough. Crossy said '09 prelim hurt a lot.

Was great to see plough back and be so welcomed. He made point that although he won 3 premierships with hawks he spent considerably more years at Dogs (16 at Dogs and something like 6 or 9 at hawks) and that he and his son happily wore Dogs scarf at granny. He saw all 4 of our finals last year and was stoked for all the fans. Said '97 prelim still hurts and he thinks of it every day. Was interesting to hear how he struggled to get a game in junior days and how he had to catch 2 buses fr templestowe to Preston (or coburg) to get a game. When hawks did recruit him though it was a whirlwind and drew analogy with Dunkley about playing in winning grand final in his first year of seniors.

Green was well spoken, amiable chap. I asked about how closely they monitor diet and he said club gives guidance but are not intrusive and there is trust element to it.

Great to hear Peter Gordon and vp Kylie Watson wheeler speak. She made it very clear how important Gordo was and how much unseen work and contributions he does. Also spoke of motto/value of our club as having an "inner strength" to see through adverse times. Gordo spoke of various spread of professional expertise in our board. We are clearly in capable and passionate hands. Kylie told story of fightback campaign where she was only allowed to attend wo if she took her homework along. Still recalls Gordon speaking eloquently and determinedly about saving our club. Mission been fantastic, allowing Mercedes Benz trucks to share sponsorship limelight from 2018, Gordon had to fly to Mexico to smooth the way with Juan, the head of mission.

Great night, everyone friendly and well run. Food was pretty good especially considering it was really bulk catering. My 2nd year and will try and go every year as very informative and enjoyable.

Eastdog
29-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Great reports GVGjr and josie. Sounds like it was a great evening.

Nuggety Back Pocket
01-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Great reports GVGjr and josie. Sounds like it was a great evening.
This was a great night and I add my thanks to the excellent reports by GVGjr and Josie. A great group of supporters traveling as far afield as Gippsland to the Mulgrave Country Club. Enjoyed meeting personally the 3 new young guns in English Lipinski and Greene who are all quality young people. Scott West and Daniel Cross were both given a rousing reception. Scott made reference to his 17 yo now at St. Kevin's, being the eldest of his 4 sons and hopeful of wearing the red white and blue. Former players in attendance were John Schultz Ray Walker Ross Abbey and Graham Joslin.
Peter Gordon's speech was highlighted by his reference to the WB due to the AFL's changes to its revenues distribution now being in its best financial position ever assisted by our record membership of 47,000. The East West Club is the oldest existing coterie group at our Club and they do a great job.

bornadog
01-08-2017, 06:54 PM
This was a great night and I add my thanks to the excellent reports by GVGjr and Josie. A great group of supporters traveling as far afield as Gippsland to the Mulgrave Country Club. Enjoyed meeting personally the 3 new young guns in English Lipinski and Greene who are all quality young people. Scott West and Daniel Cross were both given a rousing reception. Scott made reference to his 17 yo now at St. Kevin's, being the eldest of his 4 sons and hopeful of wearing the red white and blue. Former players in attendance were John Schultz Ray Walker Ross Abbey and Graham Joslin.
Peter Gordon's speech was highlighted by his reference to the WB due to the AFL's changes to its revenues distribution now being in its best financial position ever assisted by our record membership of 47,000. The East West Club is the oldest existing coterie group at our Club and they do a great job.

Ross Abbey is pretty active with the past players group and does a great job to keep in touch with all of them.

josie
03-08-2017, 12:09 AM
Forgot to mention this tit bit. Critics have no idea what players bring to clubs...Young Greene mentioned how great Cloke had been to him (and our other young forwards) in sharing all his knowledge of forward craft in a very unselfish, team first way. I really like Cloke and this made me like him even more. Hope he can stay on the park as i reckon he can add so much to us as a roving marking target if he is in form.

bornadog
03-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Forgot to mention this tit bit. Critics have no idea what players bring to clubs...Young Greene mentioned how great Cloke had been to him (and our other young forwards) in sharing all his knowledge of forward craft in a very unselfish, team first way. I really like Cloke and this made me like him even more. Hope he can stay on the park as i reckon he can add so much to us as a roving marking target if he is in form.

We need an experienced guy like Cloke to help up forward. The back line is covered with Morris and Murp, so some wisdom from Cloke will help the younger guys.

Murphy'sLore
03-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Forgot to mention this tit bit. Critics have no idea what players bring to clubs...Young Greene mentioned how great Cloke had been to him (and our other young forwards) in sharing all his knowledge of forward craft in a very unselfish, team first way.

That is a great point Josie and good to hear. It's not just the contribution on the field that makes a player valuable to the team and club.

westdog54
03-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Love the write ups, thanks everyone.

Just on Libva/West sitting next to each other at the grand final, the Channel 7 producers *!*!*!*!ed up with Picken's sealer.

As they zoom in on the crowd, you just see Libba, his missus, Scott and Rhylee in the corner of the screen in a big group hug.

They zoomed in on an adjacent bay and missed it.

LostDoggy
03-08-2017, 11:51 PM
The South Australian supporters group are having a game day event at The Bunker sports bar, Pultney Street Adelaide, this saturday 4pm to watch the game.

LostDoggy
08-08-2017, 12:55 PM
The South Australian supporters group are having a game day event at The Bunker sports bar, Pultney Street Adelaide, saturday 19/8 1pm to watch the Dogs play port.

Great spot, great food, big screen, sound and family friendly.

Join the SA Western Bulldogs Supporter group on Facebook.

bornadog
31-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Off to the Westernbulldogs CBD Business lunch tomorrow at the RACV, an annual event that I normally attend.

Last year was good as we had finals coming up. This year I guess we will hear what went wrong? Anyone else going?

bornadog
02-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Off to the Westernbulldogs CBD Business lunch tomorrow at the RACV, an annual event that I normally attend.

Last year was good as we had finals coming up. This year I guess we will hear what went wrong? Anyone else going?

Very disappointed with this years CBD lunch. Although Bevo was there, he was in a panel with two others (Damian Fleming, and a netballer champ , sorry forgotten her name)

The key speaker was head of Tennis, and it was basically boring. The good news was I won the Business card draw, the bad news is they gave me the wrong prize and I will now have to chase them up.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Very disappointed with this years CBD lunch. Although Bevo was there, he was in a panel with two others (Damian Fleming, and a netballer champ , sorry forgotten her name)

The key speaker was head of Tennis, and it was basically boring. The good news was I won the Business card draw, the bad news is they gave me the wrong prize and I will now have to chase them up.

I like good news bad news jokes BAD.

Nuggety Back Pocket
03-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Our Club's B&F is on tomorrow night at Crown Palladium.
Is there anyone on WOOF attending?
Any thoughts on a possible winner apart from Bont and Macrae?

Eastdog
03-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Our Club's B&F is on tomorrow night at Crown Palladium.
Is there anyone on WOOF attending?
Any thoughts on a possible winner apart from Bont and Macrae?

Toby McLean could be a chance.

Nuggety Back Pocket
03-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Toby McLean could be a chance.

McLean certainly emerged as a fine player and should poll well.

Eastdog
03-10-2017, 04:28 PM
McLean certainly emerged as a fine player and should poll well.

Bailey Dale another who might poll well and Caleb Daniel.

I tip Jack Macrae to win our B&F. Bont important as ever but I reckon it wasn't his greatest year.

Smads57
03-10-2017, 07:15 PM
I'm going and expect Macrae to win easily with Magic being most improved. Top three being Macrae, Bont and Cordy.

GVGjr
03-10-2017, 07:18 PM
I'm going and expect Macrae to win easily with Magic being most improved. Top three being Macrae, Bont and Cordy.

I think Bont will win but I'm not sure he is more deserving this year than Macrae.

dadsgirl16
03-10-2017, 07:24 PM
I am going...hopefully a good night without too much uncomfortablizum (new word) with you know who

I reckon Bonti will win but Jack would be worthy....Magic or Bailey Dale for most improved

Eastdog
03-10-2017, 07:58 PM

Cordy another big improver this year.

For all woofers going have a great night. Look forward to your reports.

merantau
04-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Yes , have a good night and reports please. Jack Macrae to win from Marcus Bontempelli with Toby McLean 3rd.

bornadog
04-10-2017, 11:23 PM
No Stringer attending.

Doc26
05-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Bulldogs B&F
Bontempelli defeated JJ by one vote.
Then followed
3. Macrae
4. Wood
5. Daniel
6. Hunter

Doc26
05-10-2017, 12:21 AM
Bulldogs B&F (Continued)
Best 1st Year- Lewis Young
Most Improved- Bailey Dale
Best Team player- Caleb Daniel
Most Courageous- Zaine Cordy

Sedat
05-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Lack of love for Macrae and McLean surprising. And JJ/Wood finishing so high?

Confirmation of our poor season really. Well done to the Bont - he might end up with 10 of these by the time he retires.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2017, 12:26 AM
Bulldogs B&F
Bontempelli defeated JJ by one vote.
Then followed
3. Macrae
4. Wood
5. Daniel
6. Hunter

Footy is easy if your name is Bontempelli.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2017, 12:28 AM
Lack of love for Macrae and McLean surprising. And JJ/Wood finishing so high?

Confirmation of our poor season really. Well done to the Bont - he might end up with 10 of these by the time he retires.

At this rate he's going to eclipse Scott West in just his third contract. Too tired for anything smart... Billings, Lewis Taylor, Rising Star.

jazzadogs
05-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Wow, wouldn't have tipped JJ for top 5 let alone one vote off the win! Well done to him.

Surprised that McLean is not up there, his second half to the season was extremely consistent. Daniel did well to recover from what I remember as a poor start to the year.

I was also surprised to see Lachie Hunter get the Coaches Award - not the esteem that I would have thought he was held in by the coaching group.

Eastdog
05-10-2017, 02:41 AM
Well done to the Bont. A future Brownlow medalist.

GVGjr
05-10-2017, 08:38 AM
From what I've heard it was a positive night and PG again assured the members that we are focused on getting better
We will make a 7 figure profit this year which is massive for our club and we are looking to play a home and away Heritage game at the WO.

Good times ahead

Bulldog Revolution
05-10-2017, 09:02 AM
From what I've heard it was a positive night and PG again assured the members that we are focused on getting better
We will make a 7 figure profit this year which is massive for our club and we are looking to play a home and away Heritage game at the WO.

Good times ahead

It will have been and be a massive off season and summer of soul searching

No Libba, Dahl, wallis, McLean, Stringer or Roughie in top 10 of B n F - reflects our engine room being off the boil and highlights areas for immediate improvement - those guys need to re dedicate themselves and have massive pre seasons
Of

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-10-2017, 11:28 AM

Good times ahead

This was an extremely good night with some 1,300 in attendance which was huge given the year that we had. Daniel Cross's introduction to Matthew Boyd's farewell speech was tremendous highlighting the bond between two such favourites of our Club. Bob Murphy stole the show having been introduced by his great mate Gia and used his gifted presentation skills to maximum effect.
It was an uplifting experience to be in attendance.

cinder
02-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Finally some details on the Social Club Party:

Details for the night:
Date: Tuesday, 5 December, Doors open from 6:30pm
Place: Victory Room, Etihad Stadium, Docklands
Enter via Gate 8 and 9 off Victory Promenade
RSVP: Due to limited capacity, please register from 10:00am Tuesday 14 November.
Price: Complimentary for 2017 Social Club Members (please note due to limited capacity guest passes are not available for purchase).

And bonus, I won't be away on holidays!

bornadog
13-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Anyone going to this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOeNmRpVwAE1UzU.jpg

Max469
13-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Anyone going to this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOeNmRpVwAE1UzU.jpg

I am. Looking forward to it.

bornadog
13-11-2017, 10:56 PM
I am. Looking forward to it.

I can't make it, but would love a short report (or long if you can)

Max469
13-11-2017, 11:06 PM
I can't make it, but would love a short report (or long if you can)
Happy to. Won't be as good as what you normally write but will do my best

Eastdog
13-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Yep like BAD will be great to read the report. Much appreciated Max469.

cinder
14-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Don't forget - Social Club function, RSVP is in 8 minutes at 10am today!

bornadog
14-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Don't forget - Social Club function, RSVP is in 8 minutes at 10am today!

Done

cinder
14-11-2017, 12:13 PM
Done

Likewise! See you there!

dadsgirl16
14-11-2017, 12:18 PM
me too!

Smads57
15-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Contacted the club yesterday re the final Inside The Kennel function and was advised it will be 14 Dec with advertising on the website from early next week. This final edition each year usually presents the new recruits.

choconmientay
15-11-2017, 02:06 PM
Came across this trolling the Internet .... Join us at the Bulldogs Shop relaunch (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-11-15/join-us-at-the-bulldogs-shop-relaunch)

choconmientay
15-11-2017, 03:15 PM
From the HS ....

AFL: Western Bulldogs set for Torquay camp, fans to meet Luke Beveridge (http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/localfooty/afl-western-bulldogs-set-for-torquay-camp-fans-to-meet-luke-beveridge/news-story/332aa2dee0d918ecca4ebde65ef4c30c)
DAMIEN RACTLIFFE
November 14, 2017 12:47pm
Subscriber only

WESTERN Bulldogs fans will get direct access to coach Luke Beveridge and some of the star Dogs when the 2016 premiers head to Torquay for a preseason camp.

Beveridge and a selection of players will be guests at Barwon Bulldogs’ annual dinner at Capri Receptions on Tuesday, December 19.

Usually about 150 Dogs fans attend the night, and the confirmation of Beveridge’s attendance this year might even smash that number.

“It’s absolutely fantastic. Of course, the one we had at the beginning of the year was wonderful; we had the premiership cup and all the wonderful memorabilia, so it will be a bit of a toned down version,” Barwon Bulldogs general secretary Dianne Russo said

“It’s the first one we’ve been able to get Luke there in person — he’s always been away on draft camps — so we’re pretty rapt this time.”

Raffles and auctions of Bulldogs memorabilia will held during the night.

For more information and dinner tickets please contact barwonbulldogs@hotmail.com.

Max469
17-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Hi Everyone.
This is part 1 of my report from the Champions of the West Dinner last night. Long winded I am sorry. Trying to give you as much info as I could after a few wines.
Around 240 people in attendance. Lovely food

Lots of silent auction & 10 Live Auctions. Prices were between $500-1150 – they got bargains.

Started off with 2016 Highlights Package.

Darce, Johnno and Smithy were first up.

Darce said we what we all know – we were robbed in 1997. He also talked about when he took Robbie out at training and how Robbie wrote Coward on his locker – which stayed there until he retired.
He also said about the Equality vote was a historic day in Johnno & Rohan life. Lots of laughter as you can imagine.

There were lots of jokes about Rohan& Johnno’s relationship. Johnno said it was a love/hate relationship for the 1st year.

Rohan’s wife used to say ‘your boyfriend’ is on the phone when Johnno called. He took her to New York for their 20th Wedding Anniversary last year.

Johnno was proud to be red white and blue.

Rohan said how his family all grew up as Doggie supporters & he talked about his 1st game in 1992 when Squirrel took him off the ground & put him back on with 20 seconds to go.

They then gave their memories of Robbie & Matt.

Robbie:
Rohan said – couldn’t do 1 chin up – too skinny and shaved head. Bench Press, Bench Push & Chin up – Pathetic
Darce said – he picked him up for his 1st training session and this kid who he had been told was going to win all the awards and 3 Brownlow – walked out of the house with no shoes and no bag. He thought it was the worst decision ever and he would last 4 weeks. Said 18 years later – still there.
Johnno said – chirpy, always had a lot to say.
Smith said – Best ever off half back. His 1st goal was the worst kick ever.

Matt:
Darcy: Matt is very intense. Matt used to count how many weights Darcy did & let him know about it. It was great how far he come off the rookie list.
Rohan: Told of GF day when Bevo & Smith came down on the ground with 2 min 10 secs to go and he said to Matt – go and enjoy it he told him to **** off and just wanted to go back on. When he told him he was a Premiership player – he would not believe it.
Also said how he liked his drinks labels a certain way would bounce the ball off the wall. In the VFL it was different and had to do it under the Grandstand.
Johnno: Said that he used to kick at a low level and try to switch the Power point on.
The MC said how he shared a birthday with Don Bradman.

Max469
17-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Champions of the West Dinner -
2nd half had the 3 ‘Young Guns’ Robbie, Matt & Liam Picken

1st up Liam – showed highlights of his career

Said the when he started as VFL player playing against AFL Players it built him up.
When Bevo came on board he changed his role & he was excited to take on the new challenge.
In his first AFL game he played against Brent Harvey who he kept scoreless.
He talked about when he collided with the Goal Umpire in 2003 and how he heard the SNAP of the Umpires Anterior Crucial Ligament.
Going over the West for the Elimination Final against West Coast in 2016 – said her was confident we were going to win.
Best Finals player with 2 vital goals on GF day. Felt confident in the morning. 2nd Q 0 the Swans steamrolled. At half time was not worried and knew at 20 min of the last quarter it was ours as we have a tight knit group.
Still celebrating. Bit of a blur.

Feels the love from the supporters specially the old ones who have been around the club for many years.
Very happy with the Equality Vote.

About Robbie

He talked about when Gia was injured so he shared with Robbie. Bed time came and Robbie stripped to sleep naked. Liam got his own room after that.

About Matt

He said that he tried to run like Boyd & Crossy but was not as good. Very professional.
Last couple of years his best yet.

Max469
17-11-2017, 09:39 PM
Champions of the West Dinner - part 3 - one to go

Danny McGinlay the banner man was on next with his routine.

Matt Boyd was next

His childhood dream to play football. Proud and honoured to have played for the Dogs.
Proud to have been Captain. Was challenging and a learning experience as we did not win many games.
He felt he was a better leader after the captaincy.
Said he was proud of himself as he didn’t think he would even play 50 games.
It is more than Footy it is the people you meet and the connections you make.
Said how important the friendships he made where. Said Robbie was special.
Wanted to teach his kids to be good people. He would not change anything.
Said sometimes you forget to stop and enjoy the moments.
He said he has lightened up in the past couple of years but still a nutter.
Couldn’t believe he was a Premiership Player.
Bevo had faith.
Development coach at Collingwood.
Good feeling going to Perth within the Team.
Has a mental block about the Prelim. The younger players didn't want to know about the past history - they wanted to create their own.

Said Johnno & Rohan - within 60 metres of goal - would never handball. Johnno had tunnel vision.

Max469
17-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Final part - sorry it was so long. It was a fantastic night.

Champions of the West Dinner -

Robbie

Reflections: happy to be there – Bulldog for ever.
Remembers catching the train to the big city and how big the players were.
His 2 ACL’s – were such a set back. Timing was all wrong on both of them.
Had an easy childhood – nothing went wrong.
Thought he won Lotto when he got drafted.
Proud of his 18 years and needed to do the Captaincy at 32 because he was old enough to have seen enough to be Captain & there was a sense of desperation because it did not work with the other person.
The team just gelled.
Passing on to his kids that life is not a boulevard of unbroken dreams.
He gave his version of being knocked by Darcy. Wondered what planet he woke up in.
He said the foundation was still solid with in the club and we relaunch as we were a proud club.
Greatest Final series of all time – Sporting folk lore.
The boys were very confident of beating the Swans and knew during the finals that GWS was going to be hard.
He was emotional enough for everyone.

Grand Final Day

Robbie said that the younger players were uncomplicated and confident.
Didn’t expect the medal – still feels strange but it speaks more about Bevo as a person and the medal was for the 23rd man – Wallis, Redpath and the others who did not play.
He didn’t it was going to happen but did say that John Schultz told him to stay close.

Boyd
Libba left his boots at home and his mate had to bring them in an Uber.
Some on the younger players were at the ground hours before and just sat in Yarra Park on the seat from about 11am. Some people didn’t know who they were and asked if they had tickets for the game.
Had his bag packed for GF day 3 days prior.
Advice given – don’t treat it as just another game –because it is not.

Question & Answer time:

A gentleman asked Rohan if he remembered him – because he was Santa when Rohan was a little boy and he sat on his knee and wished for a bigger bag of lollies.
Robbie won’t play again at this stage. His brother is a Seaford and is trying to get him to play one game there but he says he can’t even run around the block at the moment.
Robbie says Easton will be next Easton. Jokes by saying he needs to mentor Bonti as he might be going off the rails.
Johnno talked about John Barnes.
Rohan talked about his son Jacob. No superstar – Wants to play for the dogs. Wont be drafted not ready but played the last 3 games in the VFL
Robbie was asked about Aka. He said it said: It is pretty hard to get to be asked to leave by 2 clubs and he left it at that.

Eastdog
18-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Haven't read through all that yet Max469 but from that it looks like you had a great night. Looking forward to reading it.

Eastdog
18-11-2017, 03:14 PM
Got an email last night about the annual Western Bulldogs East Meets West Day

Here is the info:

The annual East Meets West Day will be held again this year in December and we would love to see you there!

Date: Saturday 9 December, 2017
Time: 12:00pm - 2:00pm

Western Bulldogs Players will be in attendance to run a kids clinic and sign some autographs from 1:00pm-2:00pm.

The East West Group will be running a BBQ and there will be the opportunity to purchase Western Bulldogs merchandise and 2018 memberships.

For those children participating in the clinic please bring footy boots/runners, a drink bottle, hat and sunscreen.

I look forward to seeing you there for what will be an enjoyable day.

Go Dogs!

Linda Murray
Group Relationships Co-ordinator

bornadog
18-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Got an email last night about the annual Western Bulldogs East Meets West Day

Here is the info:

The annual East Meets West Day will be held again this year in December and we would love to see you there!

Date: Saturday 9 December, 2017
Time: 12:00pm - 2:00pm

Western Bulldogs Players will be in attendance to run a kids clinic and sign some autographs from 1:00pm-2:00pm.

The East West Group will be running a BBQ and there will be the opportunity to purchase Western Bulldogs merchandise and 2018 memberships.

For those children participating in the clinic please bring footy boots/runners, a drink bottle, hat and sunscreen.

I look forward to seeing you there for what will be an enjoyable day.

Go Dogs!

Linda Murray
Group Relationships Co-ordinator

That seems early

Eastdog
18-11-2017, 04:41 PM
That seems early

Yeah it is earlier this year than in previous years usually held in January.

GVGjr
18-11-2017, 05:57 PM
That seems early

Yeah it is earlier this year than in previous years usually held in January.

Since Bevo's arrival we have struggled with the East West day in January due to a camp up on the Sunshine Coast being the priority.
I suspect they have moved it to December to ensure the day doesn't get bumped again.

With the players coming back early this year compared to the last 2 years it probably makes more sense. I think the January block of training will be more important than December.

Eastdog
18-11-2017, 06:07 PM
Since Bevo's arrival we have struggled with the East West day in January due to a camp up on the Sunshine Coast being the priority.
I suspect they have moved it to December to ensure the day doesn't get bumped again.

With the players coming back early this year compared to the last 2 years it probably makes more sense. I think the January block of training will be more important than December.

So probably not a bad thing so it guarantees they do the event and not change the date. Hopefully a few more of the players come out this year for it.

Eastdog
19-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Just read the report you posted Max469.

Great stuff!

choconmientay
22-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Inside the kennel 2017: (http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/inside-the-kennel?camefrom=EMCL_1972243_80301265)

Date: Thursday 14th December 2017
Don't miss out, buy your tickets and join us for the final installment of 'Inside the Kennel' for 2017.

bornadog
30-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Join us for our Christmas Open Training Session

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Hero/2017_HERO/2018Christmas-Training-ArticleHeader-ART.jpg
Western Bulldogs are extending an invitation to its annual Christmas Training Session

In the spirit of the festive season, the Western Bulldogs are extending an invitation to all Bulldog fans to its annual Christmas Training Session at Victoria University Whitten Oval.

The session will take place on Saturday 16 December, with gates open from 8:00am.

Make sure you don't miss this opportunity to meet the new draftees and see the 2018 team train for the final time before the break.

The day will be full of activities including the training session, fun games and activities with the Bulldogs inflatables, visits from The Pack, Caesar and a special appearance from Santa.

The Bulldogs Shop will be open, and the Membership team will be on hand for any last-minute Christmas gift shopping.

Western Bulldogs Christmas Open Training
Saturday 16 December 2017
at Victoria University Whitten Oval

Event Schedule:
Time: Gates open at 8am
What’s on?

AFL Training from 8:30am
Mascots
Caesar
Kids Activities
Art & Craft Christmas Activities
Free Gift Wrapping +
A special visit from Santa
Bulldogs Shop
Barkers Café
AFL & AFLW Player Autographs* from 9:40am
AFLW Team Training following autographs

*Please note that not all AFL or AFLW players may be available for autographs
+Gift wrapping is available free of charge for items purchased from the Bulldog Shop on 16/12/17 only
^Parking at VU Whitten Oval is limited and we recommend using public transport. The closest train station is West Footscray, only a 5-minute walk from VU Whitten Oval.
From December 1 – December 16, the Western Bulldogs Football Club will be inviting members of the community to donate a gift to the Bulldogs Wishing Tree located at VU Whitten Oval. All gifts will be donated to the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation’s Ready, Settle, Go! participants. Further information can be found at www.westernbulldogs.com.au/bulldogswishingtree (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/bulldogswishingtree)
The Western Bulldogs wish all Bulldog families a Merry Christmas and a Happy Festive Season.

bornadog
03-12-2017, 05:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP8D8ZJUEAAu7la.jpg

merantau
04-12-2017, 04:11 PM
me too!

Me too. Would love to say g'day to other Woofers. Suggest we make up name tags.

Eastdog
04-12-2017, 07:45 PM
Me too. Would love to say g'day to other Woofers. Suggest we make up name tags.

Will have to do a WOOF meet up at the footy. I met soupaman in a JB Hi Fi store but would be great to meet other woofers on here like Twodogs, bornadog, jeemak, GVGjr and others.

KT31
05-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Will have to do a WOOF meet up at the footy. I met soupaman in a JB Hi Fi store but would be great to meet other woofers on here like Twodogs, bornadog, jeemak, GVGjr and others.

Fine, the rest of us know where we stand now Eastie.:D:D:D

GVGjr
05-12-2017, 07:27 PM

A couple of years ago I had a number of WOOF caps made which would have made it easier for people to recognise each other.
There might still be a few members with WOOF caps. I've worn my to a few games and normally get to meet some of the WOOF members

Eastdog
05-12-2017, 07:48 PM

Would love to meet all woofers where I can. Would have been a long post putting all the usernames in :)

Eastdog
05-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Looking forward to the reports from the Social club event.

Axe Man
05-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Etihad wifi blocking woof! :mad:

Eastdog
05-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Etihad wifi blocking woof! :mad:

That must be frustrating.

bornadog
05-12-2017, 10:15 PM
One report is we have made $2 million profit and debts wiped out.

(sorry posted this on train and didn't realise I missed some words)

Eastdog
05-12-2017, 10:20 PM
One report is we have made $2 million profit and debts

Will be interesting reading our financial report when that is released for this year.

GVGjr
05-12-2017, 10:25 PM
One report is we have made $2 million profit and debts

No debt and a big profit. Need to consolidate now

Eastdog
05-12-2017, 10:29 PM
No debt and a big profit. Need to consolidate now

Yep it is fantastic news for our club but yes consolidation very important.

Prince Imperial
05-12-2017, 10:34 PM
Bombshell news from the Social Club Party: no Mission burrito for the guests; instead replaced with a pie or sausage roll...the real cost of our Mercedes Benz sponsorship borne by our most loyal members!

Prince Imperial
05-12-2017, 11:28 PM
Gordon was very confident that we would be getting state government funding for significant improvements to the Whitten Oval.

dadsgirl16
05-12-2017, 11:57 PM
Ice cream very disappointing also #realcostmercedes

KT31
06-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Ice cream very disappointing also #realcostmercedes

Icecream is never disappointing.

bornadog
06-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Icecream is never disappointing.

This one was.

Eastdog
06-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Gordon was very confident that we would be getting state government funding for significant improvements to the Whitten Oval.

Did Peter mention what they were? Could it have something to do with a vision he had in a recent article that was posted on here of getting some AFL footy back at Whitten Oval?

Eastdog
06-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Any woofers planning to go to the East West day on Saturday? Could be good opportunity to catch up maybe.

Prince Imperial
06-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Did Peter mention what they were? Could it have something to do with a vision he had in a recent article that was posted on here of getting some AFL footy back at Whitten Oval?

No, but he said that they would be good for members to come to watch AFLW and VFL games. I'm pretty sure he did not refer to AFL games. The ground obviously needs better toilet facilities and a scoreboard and my guess is that it will include better seating.

I wouldn't mind if the funding also improved the training facilities (including perhaps for swimming). Several clubs have and are going past on us on this front.

Eastdog
09-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Went along to the East meets West day at Wesley College, Glen Waverley. Not much to report on. No speeches were made. Had a sausage sizzle, there was a raffle and Bulldogs merchandise to buy. Crowd I don't believe as big compared to January 2017 - no premiership cup this year. Just mainly the kids clinic with the few players that came and got some signatures from Jack Redpath, Fletcher Roberts, Bailey Williams, Lukas Webb and Zaine Cordy. Clay Smith was there also but couldn't manage to get a signature. Callum Porter also came.

bornadog
09-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Went along to the East meets West day at Wesley College, Glen Waverley. Not much to report on. No speeches were made. Had a sausage sizzle, there was a raffle and Bulldogs merchandise to buy. Crowd I don't believe as big compared to January 2017 - no premiership cup this year. Just mainly the kids clinic with the few players that came and got some signatures from Jack Redpath, Fletcher Roberts, Lukas Webb and Zaine Cordy. Clay Smith was there also but couldn't manage to get a signature. Callum Porter also came.

Thanks for the update.

Not many players there? This has really been dumbed down compared to the past before Bevo was coach.

Eastdog
09-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the update.

Not many players there? This has really been dumbed down compared to the past before Bevo was coach.

Yeah for sure BAD. It is dissapointing for the East West club as I think years ago the whole team used to come out this way Jells Park before I used to start going only a few years ago. They certainly can improve the day a bit more.

Smads57
09-12-2017, 10:03 PM
I'd like to jump in here and make a general comment on the East Meets West (EMW) Day (having been a former East West Club (EWC) Committee member for 20 years and therefore being 'inside' the four walls when it comes to organising this event).

The following might also help clarify a couple of things around the running of this annual event.

As Easty has mentioned there was a time when the whole team was made available by the football club for this event, which in fact started in the car park at the then VFL Park in the 80's before progressing to Jells Park and more recently, Wesley College.

As WOOFERS would be aware, the growing 'professionalism' of the code and the requirement by the players union and AFL that player appearances are managed, has made it increasingly difficult to 'predict' who the football club will make available for the EMW event and equally what players will be allowed to participate in. This has become more noticeable in the last 5-6 years.

The EWC Committee is actually quite fortunate to have established a 'tradition' that our football Club has been good enough to continue supporting in good faith over the years, but the football Club rightly sets the 'rules' for when the event will be held, how long it will run for, what the format will consist of and which players and coaching staff will be available to participate.

My own reading of the play is the EMW event offers a 'boutique' opportunity for supporters (especially children) to mix with selected players without the crowds associated with Family Days at WO.

I could not imagine a Collingwood or Carlton supporter group having the same access to members of their playing list.

Eastdog
10-12-2017, 12:31 AM
East West Club Website:

https://eastwestbulldogs.com

Smads57
15-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Went last night to the final instalment of Inside the Kennel. Rohan Smith was interviewed first and spoke with his usual level of enthusiasm about the coming season. Some things he mentioned- coaches maintaining same roles as 2017, goal kicking was an acknowledged concern and they were working on it, Redpath was not a surprising choice for the leadership group given his standing within the playing group, Lipinski an example of younger players pushing for senior spots eg in competition with Clay Smith for his position.
He also spent some time talking about his son who will be playing VFL this year.
Next came three players in Crozier, Naughton and Richards. All 3 spoke well about their initial experiences as WO. Naughton has a groin injury which he has been managing since he first came over while Richards has developed similar soreness which flared up this week. The team will be down the surf coast next week for a final training bloc before breaking for Xmas.

Twodogs
15-12-2017, 09:51 AM
What did Bub say about his son?

Smads57
15-12-2017, 03:14 PM
He mentioned Jacob receiving his VCE results today, that although he was 18 and had a car, he didn’t have a licence yet so used dad’s taxi service, that he found it difficult being in the VFL coaches box when Jacob was playing, that if he sees Jacob going for second helping of ice cream at home, he asks him if that’s the right thing for his footy. There was probably one or two other anecdotes but these are the ones I remember best.

Eastdog
15-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the report Smads57. You are a very good contributor to woof particularly on the events thread.

Will be keen to hear from woofers who go to the open training session at Whitten Oval tomorrow.

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Mitch Wallis is the first one to come out at the oval.

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 09:20 AM
... and gone back in after a bit of warm up

GVGjr
16-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Decent turnout today, a lot of people got there early.

The players sponsors could utilise the large balcony with light refreshments and bacon and egg rolls.

I watched a lot of the training. Focused a bit on Schache who moves nicely and is a good user of the ball.
Ed Richards and Aaron Naughton were in the rehab drills and running along with Redpath and Adams.

In some of the running drills both Wallis and Campbell stood out in the 100mtrs yo-yo type running by pushing up the front and staying there.

Libba has a bit more size and weight on him and looks to be in excellent condition. Sucklings and JJ's hair needs a rethink. :)
Dickson is slim and fit, Jong looks to have added some muscle. Tom Boyd looks a picture of health which is fantastic.

Players that joined the sponsors area after the training session included Tim English who looks to be vastly bigger across the shoulders, Caleb Daniel who is a ball of muscle and Tory Dickson who I mentioned before. All 3 mixed well with the group.

I'm pretty sure I spied Rhylee West and Buku Khamis but it was difficult to pick some players. It took me a while to identify Mitch Honeychurch who has a different hair style.

Membership is actually up and I was told it was 6% up on the same time last year which is fantastic, I think we are hopeful of holding last years numbers which would consolidate our position. There is a real positive vibe with the supporters and staff I talked to particularly around the player changes we have made, the debt reduction, a new stadium deal and the way the players have refocused.

I've always thought the sign of a successful business is the way staff talk about their work place and based on the way 3 or 4 staff members talked about how they loved coming to work and and how energetic and focused the environment is then I think we could see a decent bounce in performance in 2018.

There are plenty of things about this club to get excited about WOOFers.

GVGjr
16-12-2017, 12:44 PM
... and gone back in after a bit of warm up

Choco, are you going to spoil us again with some photo's? :)

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Choco, are you going to spoil us again with some photo's? :)

You put me on the spot there :) but I will try my best .... a bit later ... maybe this evening

GVGjr
16-12-2017, 02:12 PM
You put me on the spot there :) but I will try my best .... a bit later ... maybe this evening

Thanks, I didn't want to test the friendship :)

dadsgirl16
16-12-2017, 02:40 PM
Anyone know why Bondi didn’t train?...he came out later and did the autograph signing

dadsgirl16
16-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Bonti....who is Bondi I ask myself

Eastdog
16-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the report GVGjr. Look forward possibly to the photos from choc.

bornadog
16-12-2017, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure I spied Rhylee West and Buku Khamis but it was difficult to pick some players.

A friend mentioned they were there

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Decent turnout today, a lot of people got there early.

I'm pretty sure I spied Rhylee West and Buku Khamis but it was difficult to pick some players. It took me a while to identify Mitch Honeychurch who has a different hair style.

Have pics of West, Khamis and Honeychurch :) Just be patience please...

Eastdog
16-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Good on you choc. You are the photo gallery person for Woof.

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Few things standing out for me today's training:
- Players got some drills to kick short on both side of their body, using both foots
- A lot of tap, play-on and kick goal
- Quick snap on goal on the lose balls

GVGjr
16-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Bonti....who is Bondi I ask myself

I'm not sure why Bonti didn't train, saw him there but didn't see him on the track

A couple of players I should have mentioned before were Bailey Dale who's kicking looks to have really improved and Fergus Greene who's back from the injury problems he had during the season. I'm really hoping Greene stays injury free.

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Some quick snaps of the 2017 XMAS Training are available on my FlickR (https://flic.kr/s/aHsm9zq7pz)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4593/39052486622_998b1e6e35_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/22uWcGS)XMAS_WB_Training-34 (https://flic.kr/p/22uWcGS) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

Rhylee West:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4569/39082720501_ba4c30c820_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/22xBabD)XMAS_WB_Training-49 (https://flic.kr/p/22xBabD) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4571/39082719331_54de965075_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/22xB9Qt)XMAS_WB_Training-50 (https://flic.kr/p/22xB9Qt) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

Buku Khamis:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4566/25216270118_944e8ce329_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/EqgYzU)XMAS_WB_Training-180 (https://flic.kr/p/EqgYzU) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4516/38372924894_7e6bae9c99_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/21sTgFm)XMAS_WB_Training-182 (https://flic.kr/p/21sTgFm) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

Full set here (https://flic.kr/s/aHsm9zq7pz)

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 06:27 PM
Check out our new recruits .... water boy and girl ;)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4683/38201457135_c9d5f59741_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/21cJshF)XMAS_WB_Training-3 (https://flic.kr/p/21cJshF) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

bulldogtragic
16-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Rhylee & Buku have great frames for bottom age kids this year. Very easy to see them both developing into strong and powerful athletes in a professional environment.

I can't see one player in all the photos looking even slightly unfit and/or not at peak fitness. We need to see our skills to rise equally too.

GVGjr
16-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Check out our new recruits .... water boy and girl ;)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4683/38201457135_c9d5f59741_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/21cJshF)XMAS_WB_Training-3 (https://flic.kr/p/21cJshF) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

Thanks so much Chocon, really appreciated.

bornadog
16-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Rhylee & Buku have great frames for bottom age kids this year. Very easy to see them both developing into strong and powerful athletes in a professional environment.

I can't see one player in all the photos looking even slightly unfit and/or not at peak fitness. We need to see our skills to rise equally too.

Both Naughton and Richards have groin injuries, but I guess with AFL level training it could happen.

bornadog
16-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Thanks Choco, looking through your photos I noticed:

* Tommy Boyd is now officially a beast
* Jongy looking good
* bit worried about the gut on Adams or is it?
* Wood looks in ripping condition as does Libba
* Wally looks in top shape
* JJ's hair even funnier than before

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 09:36 PM
Thanks so much Chocon, really appreciated.

NP at all G. Just hope some early season pictures for the interstate supporters and others who couldn't attend the training to have a glance at our players and how they faring so far.

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 09:38 PM

* Jongy looking good

Adams was only doing laps and didn't part-take in any other drills. Maybe still behind the main group.

I also like what I saw at training with Caleb Daniel and Josh Schache. Caleb skills is sharp as always. Schache goal kicking is the thing we will be admiring in the 2018 season.

And I think Crozier will be best 22 starting the season.

Eastdog
16-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Great photos Choc. As GVGjr said much appreciated for those of us that weren't there this morning.

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 09:47 PM
NP Easty, btw why didn't you make the trip to the WO? :)

Eastdog
16-12-2017, 09:49 PM
NP Easty, btw why didn't you make the trip to the WO? :)

Yeah I slept in :) Will go to the family day at Whitten Oval in February if the weather is good like it was this year. They'll probably play an intra club match at the family day.

choconmientay
16-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Panorama of the Whitten Oval this morning taken from my phone. (https://photos.app.goo.gl/Th7Y7cUm7bXm8xdW2)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mgjgV_t3kIHt5CR0ZqnUqfcpDNXgI5gjHVzFjmS9aP5xkm4e0bngCCoAvzZC 0Mz9SJhM4uwAN2Ff2q7JEUMNO5X_1nkZiRCcsyVSHnzXvi1eFcoano_RdQsm fPqhjwCbXK7ngpBaiaxjfFfBn8AxkimmvL0B5XhGUNpaTJUsTFOHpRB1qTpI untk0-e_DhFKHLTfDf4hvhcoHRqO4UTsC_YXLoRDlvCGfPdu2gcbrJKah3kYi5EcL5 j8XOX08jLjrpOfTRf89l6eOA8R9XlZev4hFCNMcylEVAHPGjISQqz5XiX4mi jR4XnYOsrNGpdZRhKbteLiIoV0pew_GPLa00xuwG_ZPVccSGsWuHJ1NGWtK1 Y336uEd0bUK9_giNdMi1CVkCgfQktzHq-h4RtYLuO65Jk_c0_dqhHTDLkeaDtn1trYYwwgO0IeMBDM8m8NhbZgku5WfxO O366b3OZ5jnjI1U_7xrRIuhKajxd2-_dybDykauKoFACiRknW2XG_GuLBXP_WfiVt2PyaUGZKTmVPGxyICVQwKQEuh kDD-kglvRGPwUkV-J-rhJBinn0YasR-hSEKU_vWSL4PCUcQHRXOIPgj_cJ8k0GI-QgfbVg=w1920-h444-no

Eastdog
16-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Panorama of the Whitten Oval this morning taken from my phone. (https://photos.app.goo.gl/Th7Y7cUm7bXm8xdW2)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mgjgV_t3kIHt5CR0ZqnUqfcpDNXgI5gjHVzFjmS9aP5xkm4e0bngCCoAvzZC 0Mz9SJhM4uwAN2Ff2q7JEUMNO5X_1nkZiRCcsyVSHnzXvi1eFcoano_RdQsm fPqhjwCbXK7ngpBaiaxjfFfBn8AxkimmvL0B5XhGUNpaTJUsTFOHpRB1qTpI untk0-e_DhFKHLTfDf4hvhcoHRqO4UTsC_YXLoRDlvCGfPdu2gcbrJKah3kYi5EcL5 j8XOX08jLjrpOfTRf89l6eOA8R9XlZev4hFCNMcylEVAHPGjISQqz5XiX4mi jR4XnYOsrNGpdZRhKbteLiIoV0pew_GPLa00xuwG_ZPVccSGsWuHJ1NGWtK1 Y336uEd0bUK9_giNdMi1CVkCgfQktzHq-h4RtYLuO65Jk_c0_dqhHTDLkeaDtn1trYYwwgO0IeMBDM8m8NhbZgku5WfxO O366b3OZ5jnjI1U_7xrRIuhKajxd2-_dybDykauKoFACiRknW2XG_GuLBXP_WfiVt2PyaUGZKTmVPGxyICVQwKQEuh kDD-kglvRGPwUkV-J-rhJBinn0YasR-hSEKU_vWSL4PCUcQHRXOIPgj_cJ8k0GI-QgfbVg=w1920-h444-no

Great shot there from near the EJ Whitten Stand. Loved seating up there when I've been to the WO.

comrade
16-12-2017, 10:32 PM

* Jongy looking good

He's in great nick. Just carrying more muscle mass than everyone else, though he may have to lean down a bit if injuries keep hampering him.

Eastdog
17-12-2017, 10:44 PM
A few signatures I got last week at the East West Day in Glen Waverley on one of my Bulldog caps.

From left to right: Fletcher Roberts, Lukas Webb, Zaine Cordy and Jack Redpath

Had only a black pen with me but still came up reasonably well.

https://s8.postimg.org/lnjkhoe0x/IMG_1487.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/lnjkhoe0x/)

BulldogBelle
23-01-2018, 05:11 AM
Here are some events for the next month or so. I would appreciate some info on any practice matches or any other events.

W R1 Sunday, February 4 WB v FRE VU Whitten Oval 4.35pm EDT
W R2 Sunday, February 11 BRIS v WB South Pine SC 3.35pm EST
W R3 Saturday, February 17 ADEL v WB Norwood Oval 1.35pm CDT
W R4 Friday, February 23 WB v CARL VU Whitten Oval 7.05pm EDT
JLT R1 Saturday, March 3 WB v HAW Mars Stadium 2.05pm EDT
W R5 Sunday, March 4 COLL v WB Ted Sum. Res (Moe) 2.35pm EDT
JLT R2 Saturday, March 10 COLL v WB Ted Summerton Res 1.05pm EDT
W R6 Saturday, March 10 GWS v WB UNSW Canberra Oval 7.10pm EDT
W R7 Saturday, March 17 WB v MELB VU Whitten Oval 7.10pm EDT
AFL R1 Sunday, March 25 GWS v WB UNSW 1:10pm
AFL R2 Sunday, April 01 WB v WCE ES 3:20pm
VFL R1 SAT, APRIL 7 Sand v Foots TBBO 2.00PM
AFL R3 Sunday, April 08 WB v ESS ES 3:20pm
AFL R4 Saturday, April 14 WB v SYD ES 4:35pm
VFL R2 SAT, APRIL 14 Foots vs Coburg (VUWO) Noon
WVFL R1 SAT, MAY 5 WB vs Richmond (VUWO) 4.00PM*

bornadog
23-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Here are some events for the next month or so. I would appreciate some info on any practice matches or any other events.

W R1 Sunday, February 4 WB v FRE VU Whitten Oval 4.35pm EDT
W R2 Sunday, February 11 BRIS v WB South Pine SC 3.35pm EST
W R3 Saturday, February 17 ADEL v WB Norwood Oval 1.35pm CDT
W R4 Friday, February 23 WB v CARL VU Whitten Oval 7.05pm EDT
JLT R1 Saturday, March 3 WB v HAW Mars Stadium 2.05pm EDT
W R5 Sunday, March 4 COLL v WB Ted Sum. Res (Moe) 2.35pm EDT
JLT R2 Saturday, March 10 COLL v WB Ted Summerton Res 1.05pm EDT
W R6 Saturday, March 10 GWS v WB UNSW Canberra Oval 7.10pm EDT
W R7 Saturday, March 17 WB v MELB VU Whitten Oval 7.10pm EDT
AFL R1 Sunday, March 25 GWS v WB UNSW 1:10pm
AFL R2 Sunday, April 01 WB v WCE ES 3:20pm
VFL R1 SAT, APRIL 7 Sand v Foots TBBO 2.00PM
AFL R3 Sunday, April 08 WB v ESS ES 3:20pm
AFL R4 Saturday, April 14 WB v SYD ES 4:35pm
VFL R2 SAT, APRIL 14 Foots vs Coburg (VUWO) Noon
WVFL R1 SAT, MAY 5 WB vs Richmond (VUWO) 4.00PM*

Thanks Ringer, appreciate it if we keep this thread to events rather than football being played such as practice matches. Maybe start a new thread, Practice Matches 2018.

Looks like lots of footy coming up.

BulldogBelle
23-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Thanks. The point of my post was not practice matches but information about what Western Bulldogs events were coming up so that I could plan what I was going to do. This includes all doggies activities including football matches, family days, social club functions, open training sessions, AGM, membership cut-off dates, release date of new video or book or whatever. There is no calendar on the Western Bulldogs website to tell me this. I am not looking for discussion on these events.

I found data related to AFLX and have included that.

Looks like there will be 3 matches on Saturday 5 May that includes the first WVFL match for the Western Bulldogs. Will have to consider whether or not to travel to Ballarat for the AFL match or stay local and watch the first WVFL match.

February 4 Sunday AFLW R1 WB v FRE VU Whitten Oval 4.35pm EDT
February 11 Sunday AFLW R2 BRIS v WB South Pine SC 3.35pm EST
February 17 Saturday AFLW R3 ADEL v WB Norwood Oval 1.35pm CDT
February 17 Saturday AFLX PoolC WB v BL GC GWS Rich Syd Allianz Stadium 4.10pm EDT
February 23 Friday AFLW R4 WB v CARL VUWO 7.05pm EDT
March 3 Saturday JLT R1 WB v HAW Mars (Ballarat) 2.05pm EDT
March 4 Sunday AFLW R5 COLL v WB Ted Sum. Res (Moe) 2.35pm EDT
March 10 Saturday JLT R2 COLL v WB Ted Summerton Res 1.05pm EDT
March 10 Saturday AFLW R6 GWS v WB UNSW Canberra Oval 7.10pm EDT
March 17 Saturday AFLW R7 WB v MELB VUWO 7.10pm EDT
March 25 Sunday AFL R1 GWS v WB UNSW 1:10pm
April 01 Sunday AFL R2 WB v WCE ES 3:20pm
April 08 Sunday AFL R3 WB v ESS ES 3:20pm
April 7 Saturday VFL R1 Sand v Foots TBBO 2.00PM
April 14 Saturday AFL R4 WB v SYD ES 4:35pm
April 14 Saturday VFL R2 Foots vs Coburg VUWO Noon