PDA

View Full Version : Richmond releases Chris Yarran

Greystache
22-11-2016, 06:16 PM
STAR Richmond recruit Chris Yarran has quit the club without playing a game for the Tigers.

Richmond has released Yarran from his contract, effective immediately, to deal with his mental health issues.

“Chris has found it difficult to meet the demands of AFL football given his personal issues,” football manager Neil Balme said.

“Ultimately it was agreed with Chris, and his management, that stepping away from the game is in the best interest of his long-term health and wellbeing.”

Yarran said he greatly appreciated the support of Richmond over the past 12 months.

“I am extremely grateful for the support Richmond has given me over the past year. I am deeply disappointed my ongoing health issues have not allowed me to repay the Club and its supporters,” Yarran said.

But the running half-back didn’t show up in a condition to play AFL footy and was immediately hit by injuries. Midway through the season he stepped away from the game to deal with personal issues.

He returned to training in recent weeks and said he had rediscovered the passion to play.

“There were times during the year when I doubted myself, doubted whether I would ever play again but I’m in a steady place now and I’m ready to start playing some good footy,” Yarran told the Herald Sun.

“My personal issues are taken care of and this is the best I’ve felt and looked for quite some time.”

Article (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-releases-chris-yarran-from-his-contract-to-deal-with-health-issues/news-story/54c0c0a805d7ca330f8770df47cb8d90)

bulldogtragic
22-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Richmond has just released a statement saying they've both agreed to end the contract effective immediately, due to "mental health issues".

Another bigger bust trade for Richmond (pick 19).

Greystache
22-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Another recruiting disaster for Richmond in their never ending quest for a short cut to premiership glory.

bulldogtragic
22-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Another recruiting disaster for Richmond in their never ending quest for a short cut to premiership glory.

Pick 19 2015 down the toilet.

bornadog
22-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Good luck to Chris, mental health is a serious illness.

Bulldog4life
22-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Told today by a very good friend of mine who is a Carlton supporter that a relative "very close" to Chris is doing serious prison time. Chris has been badly affected.

Twodogs
22-11-2016, 09:15 PM

That pick started out as a compensation pick to Freo for Rhys Palmer went through through four clubs before settling at Hawthorn who took Ryan Burton with it.

Twodogs
22-11-2016, 09:17 PM
That is such a terrible trade for Richmond. You've got to hand it to them just when you think that they can't muck up any worse.

bulldogtragic
22-11-2016, 09:24 PM
That is such a terrible trade for Richmond. You've got to hand it to them just when you think that they can't muck up any worse.

First round pick for Yarran. Second round pick for Hampson. Carlton must love dealing with Richmond. All the more currency to get GWS rejects.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Yarran has to go down as a severely wasted talent.

The guy was super quick and skilled and at his best could influence games, but he rarely did it through a mere lack of application. It's a bit of a shame, but there's been many like him and there'll be many more in the future too.

Twodogs
22-11-2016, 10:01 PM
First round pick for Yarran. Second round pick for Hampson. Carlton must love dealing with Richmond. All the more currency to get GWS rejects.

They really should have a grown up with them at all times trade week. Not a grown up from the other team either. Someone to explain all the consequences of the trade like "if you give pick 19 to GWS then that means you don't get to have pick 19 in the draft next month, GWS will"

The Bulldogs Bite
22-11-2016, 10:03 PM

The guy was super quick and skilled and at his best could influence games, but he rarely did it through a mere lack of application. It's a bit of a shame, but there's been many like him and there'll be many more in the future too.

Twodogs
22-11-2016, 11:01 PM

He is a bit like Cyril Rioli without the second efforts. If you beat him in the first contest then it was all yours because he was done.

Sedat
22-11-2016, 11:02 PM
You'd think they would have steered clear of any trades involving pick 19 after the Jordan McMahon fiasco ;)

Twodogs
22-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Not a bad effort parlaying Jordy into Jack Macrae*.

*Premiership hero.

bulldogtragic
22-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Not a bad effort parlaying Jordy into Jack Macrae*.

*Premiership hero.

With Callan Ward in the middle, who captained GWS in a heartbreaking loss after being knocked out by Zaine Cordy*+.

* Premiership Hero
+ BT Hero

LostDoggy
22-11-2016, 11:21 PM
Double post

LostDoggy
22-11-2016, 11:24 PM
With Callan Ward in the middle, who captained GWS in a heartbreaking loss after being knocked out by Zaine Cordy*+.

* Premiership Hero
+ BT Hero

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY

Twodogs
22-11-2016, 11:35 PM

* Premiership Hero
+ BT Hero

I can remember when it just you and me on the inzane in the brain wagon. I think it was his first TAC cup year.

bulldogtragic
22-11-2016, 11:41 PM
I can remember when it just you and me on the inzane in the brain wagon. I think it was his first TAC cup year.

Yep, we unofficially started in his bottom age TAC year. Those were the days, until Azabob joined and now there's no room to stretch your legs on the bandwagon now!! :D

Twodogs
22-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Yep, we unofficially started in his bottom age TAC year. Those were the days, until Azabob joined and now there's no room to stretch your legs on the bandwagon now!! :D

Bloody bandwagoners.

Remi Moses
23-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Apparently they were warned that Yarran had some issues before they recruited him.

Dancin' Douggy
23-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Oh Richmond

Twodogs
23-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Apparently they were warned that Yarran had some issues before they recruited him.

Pretty much the whole comp knew that recruiting him was a big risk. I can't remember his name being bought up here much when he was available despite having exactly the sort of skills we are crying out for, he has pace and kicks the ball well.