PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Trade and Draft Recap

Eastdog
28-11-2016, 09:02 PM
So to confirm

The players that came in:

Travis Cloke (taken during the trade period)

Tim English, Patrick Lipinski, Lewis Young, Fergus Greene (all taken in the national draft)

Nathan Mullenger-McHugh (taken in the rookie draft)

Players that have gone out are:

Koby Stevens

Joel Hamling

Nathan Hrovat

Ben Long

Mitch Hannan

Luke Goetz

Will Minson

If I missed anything just post on this thread.

chef
28-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Hrovat

Eastdog
28-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Cheers chef thanks for that. I had a feeling I was missing something.

Bulldog Revolution
28-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Well the list has been balanced with some real height and blokes like Honeychurch, Jong, Webb, Williams, Dale, Hamilton really have opportunities now to show what they can do

You'd figure given Dalrymples strike rate that two of our five young draftees will become good players - all seem players that are later developers and improving rapidly over the past 6 months

Twodogs
29-11-2016, 04:57 AM
Well the list has been balanced with some real height and blokes like Honeychurch, Jong, Webb, Williams, Dale, Hamilton really have opportunities now to show what they can do

You'd figure given Dalrymples strike rate that two of our five young draftees will become good players - all seem players that are later developers and improving rapidly over the past 6 months

Hopefully one storms into the team like Daniel or Dunkley did.

Twodogs
29-11-2016, 04:57 AM

westdog54
29-11-2016, 07:10 AM

That's ten pushups TD.

LostDoggy
29-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Adcock is another departure. Could list Crameri as an addition as he was effectively off the list last year?

comrade
29-11-2016, 10:10 AM
My excitement levels for Footscray games have gone up a notch. Don't get me wrong, I love watching mids and flankers but there's something about developing talls that gets the blood pumping*

*might explain my Jarrod Boumann fanboy-itis back in the day.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-11-2016, 11:01 AM
So to confirm

The players that came in:

Travis Cloke (taken during the trade period)

Tim English, Patrick Lipinski, Lewis Young, Fergus Greene (all taken in the national draft)

Nathan Mullenger-McHugh (taken in the rookie draft)

Players that have gone out are:

Koby Stevens

Joel Hamling

Nathan Hrovat

Ben Long

Mitch Hannan

Luke Goetz

Will Minson

If I missed anything just post on this thread.

So balance-wise:

IN:
Tall Forward (Cloke)
Tall Forward/Defender (Young)
Tall Defender/Forward (NMM)
Mid/Medium Forward (Lipinski)
Medium Forward (Greene)
Ruck (English)

OUT:
Tall Defender (Hamling)
Ruck (Minson)
Ruck (Goetz)
Inside Mid (Stevens)
Mid (Hrovat)
Med Defender (Adcock)

Anyone missing (i'm counting 5 onto the main list but only 4 off it)

Certainly have gone a lot taller so seems like a direct strategy from the club. All of the draftees though have mention of athleticism or excellent skills. So certainly not our typical, he's tall so draft him strategy.

Axe Man
29-11-2016, 11:16 AM
Anyone missing (i'm counting 5 onto the main list but only 4 off it)

Prudden off the main list to the rookie list is the 5th.

Twodogs
29-11-2016, 11:42 AM
That's ten pushups TD.

Easy. I'd do fifteen. Five with each hand while smoking a cigarette.

I can do more push ups than you.

whythelongface
29-11-2016, 02:08 PM
I like what we have brought in, particularly looking at the longer term. The only missing piece is another ready made key defender. however we were able to win the flag with a makeshift backline. No reason we can't do it again, especially if Adams can stay fit.

LostDoggy
29-11-2016, 04:20 PM
I like what we have brought in, particularly looking at the longer term. The only missing piece is another ready made key defender. however we were able to win the flag with a makeshift backline. No reason we can't do it again, especially if Adams can stay fit.

I feel fairly comfortable with tall back stocks. Only Hamling will be gone from last year's finals, with Zaine Cordy, Collins and Adams all developing young talls who should be able to compete strongly for that 1 spot. If 2 develop strongly then Roberts position may also be challenged. Any 2 of the 4 plus Morris and Wood should be a pretty good match up for any tall forward line.

westdog54
30-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Easy. I'd do fifteen. Five with each hand while smoking a cigarette.

I can do more push ups than you.

LOL I might take you up on that challenge one day.

One of our instructors used to call it 'Remedial Training' whenever you racked up an infraction that earned pushups.

Twodogs
30-11-2016, 09:27 AM
LOL I might take you up on that challenge one day.

One of our instructors used to call it 'Remedial Training' whenever you racked up an infraction that earned pushups.

You'll do one handed sit-ups while smoking a cigarette?;)