PDA

View Full Version : With all the Grand Final related threads

Twodogs
12-12-2016, 11:46 AM
OK. It's 1954 and the internets already a thing. Has been for years. Everybody has a cabinet with a screen and a keyboard and everyone is connected. Footscray win the premiership with a young team packed with talent, including a generational wunderkind, buttressed by a couple of hard assed veterans. They have a coach everyone loves who always has a memorable quote. His players adore him and would do anything he asks.

What's the sense of optimism like do you think? I wonder what the threads are about?

Murphy'sLore
12-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Gee, way to bring down the mood, Twodogs :(

I bet the one thing no one would be saying is, I bet it's 62 years before we win the premiership again.

LostDoggy
12-12-2016, 12:26 PM
The 1955 Bulldogs team are considered the greatest team ever (and the unluckiest) not to play finals.

Twodogs
12-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Gee, way to bring down the mood, Twodogs :(

I bet the one thing no one would be saying is, I bet it's 62 years before we win the premiership again.

Its not my intention to bring down the mood. These are just the sort of things I spend far too much time thinking about. It's purely academic.

1eyedog
12-12-2016, 03:36 PM
I've been thinking about this over my lunch break today and the thing that I came up with was that I liken Footscray / Western Bulldogs Premierships to earthquakes, or, as Denis Cometti said, the Western suburbs erupt(ing)! An anthropogenic earthquake of raw emotion.

The celebrations are directly comparable to the Ewok party held on Endor at the end of Jedi after the rebels blew up the second Death Star.

Now that was a party let me tell you!