PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season matches

Bulldog Revolution
03-01-2008, 04:09 PM
What should we be wanting to see in pre-season matches? (is there a fixture available for the pre-season?)

How important is it that we win games?

LostDoggy
03-01-2008, 05:42 PM
We need to win games to restore confidence, however we can't serve up the same slick outside, looks good when we are winning, game style. We need to make a physical statement which says the Bulldogs of 2008 will be different... harder, stronger than we have been in the past.

In terms of experimentation, I would like to see Callan given a good go, Minson down forward as has been forshadowed, Higgins on ball at times, Hargrave off the wing, and I would like to see Stack and O'Shea given a go.

LostDoggy
03-01-2008, 06:12 PM
I cant wait for the intra club matches to start. Those are the ones im really looking forward to see. I missed it last year but this year wont be the same...hopefully.

hujsh
03-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I will be pumped if we don't win it. 3rd round would be good.

Bulldog Revolution
04-01-2008, 09:21 AM
We need to win games to restore confidence, however we can't serve up the same slick outside, looks good when we are winning, game style. We need to make a physical statement which says the Bulldogs of 2008 will be different... harder, stronger than we have been in the past.

In terms of experimentation, I would like to see Callan given a good go, Minson down forward as has been forshadowed, Higgins on ball at times, Hargrave off the wing, and I would like to see Stack and O'Shea given a go.

I like the idea of blooding of OShea and Stack as well as the opportunities and role changes for others?

Do you think BSimmo that there is a chance we wont that well in the preseason given changes fo the gameplan?

How much would that concern you?

I cant wait for the intra club matches to start. Those are the ones im really looking forward to see. I missed it last year but this year wont be the same...hopefully.

I haven't seen a intra club for a few seasons - any ideas when they might start?

GVGjr
04-01-2008, 10:35 AM
What should we be wanting to see in pre-season matches? (is there a fixture available for the pre-season?)

How important is it that we win games?

We are playing North up in Darwin in Feb

LostDoggy
04-01-2008, 02:50 PM
I like the idea of blooding of OShea and Stack as well as the opportunities and role changes for others?

Do you think BSimmo that there is a chance we wont that well in the preseason given changes fo the gameplan?

How much would that concern you?

I haven't seen a intra club for a few seasons - any ideas when they might start?

Last year IIRC was the 4th or 5th of Feb so i would say around that time again this year.

aker39
04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Last year IIRC was the 4th or 5th of Feb so i would say around that time again this year.

I think it may be a week earlier this year as the season is starting earlier this year.

hujsh
04-01-2008, 05:27 PM
I think it may be a week earlier this year as the season is starting earlier this year.

Would that be because of the dream team vs Vics match?

aker39
04-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Would that be because of the dream team vs Vics match?

No, because of Easter.

Easter this year is on at it's earliest possible date.

The Coon Dog
04-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Friday 15 February, NAB Cup. Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne in Darwin.

BulldogBelle
04-01-2008, 07:22 PM
We are playing North up in Darwin in Feb

Yep, it will give some of our NT supporters a chance to see the Doggies in action. A win is important for membership enhancing purposes.

BulldogBelle
04-01-2008, 07:32 PM
It looks like I will be going.

That's great GVG - Off on a holiday up there or just a quick day or two basically to watch the game?

The Underdog
05-01-2008, 09:17 AM
With our early pre-season start, we should actually perform reasonably well in the early rounds of the NAB Cup at least, especially against North who played until late September and therefore had a much later start than us. I think we'll blood some players but I'd expect us to be taking the games more seriously than some teams, if only to try and wash off the taint of last year's finish.

Harbrow_hero
05-01-2008, 01:18 PM
i'd like to see some marginal players getting a go like Stack, Harbrow, Skipper, Wight and Addison

LostDoggy
05-01-2008, 03:18 PM
i'd like to see some marginal players getting a go like Stack, Harbrow, Skipper, Wight and Addison
Skipper probably wont be fixed but I'd expect the other guys to be very much in the mix.
Id also add Callan and McDougall as guys who should be played and tested.