PDA

View Full Version : Soaking it up all again!

Eastdog
16-12-2016, 10:06 PM
Currently sitting on the couch reliving our historic 2016 premiership year on DVD.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
16-12-2016, 10:11 PM
The gift that keeps on giving

BulldogBelle
16-12-2016, 11:33 PM
Watched the again Prelim last night. Was on the edge of my seat again...

Eastdog
16-12-2016, 11:44 PM

Yes an amazing rollercoaster ride. One of the best games in our clubs history.

LostDoggy
17-12-2016, 12:57 AM
The better half isn't much into footy so she can't understand why i'm still watching all our great finals wins overand over again after so many months!! :D
It's an obsession that every night whether it be on the bluray,iq,tablet or pc i can't not go without reliving numerous finals,highlights,different commentrys,octocalls or jumping on woof.
At least she knows not to disturb me while watching them all.;)
I try explaining to her that the sheer joy and euphoria of seeing my team who i've supported for 40 years do what they achieved this year after so many years of being kicked in the guts is the single greatest feeling that i have ever experienced.
Sure having kids is also right up there but it's a different kind of joy.
We've all had to put up with opp.supporters always putting us down for being nothing more then success starved supporters that follow a no hoper team.:mad:
Well not any #£%&ing more and it feels so god damn good!! ;)

LostDoggy
17-12-2016, 01:00 AM
The gift that keeps on giving

Forever!! :)

ledge
17-12-2016, 01:51 AM
The better half isn't much into footy so she can't understand why i'm still watching all our great finals wins overand over again after so many months!! :D
It's an obsession that every night whether it be on the bluray,iq,tablet or pc i can't not go without reliving numerous finals,highlights,different commentrys,octocalls or jumping on woof.
At least she knows not to disturb me while watching them all.;)
I try explaining to her that the sheer joy and euphoria of seeing my team who i've supported for 40 years do what they achieved this year after so many years of being kicked in the guts is the single greatest feeling that i have ever experienced.
Sure having kids is also right up there but it's a different kind of joy.
We've all had to put up with opp.supporters always putting us down for being nothing more then success starved supporters that follow a no hoper team.:mad:
Well not any #£%&ing more and it feels so god damn good!! ;)

I get great joy out of telling a lot of supporters at least we have won a premiership this century or to Nth supporters that we have won a flag in each of the last two centuries.

josie
17-12-2016, 02:02 AM
Good on you Eastdog.

I purchased the entire season last weekend (20% off at jb hi fi). Plan to watch every game in order over Festive Season and through to when 2017 season starts. Although likely to keep re-watching/interspersed with the prelim and grannie. Even planning to watch the losses as it shows the (warts and all) journey to that first day in October. Watched first game against Freo night before last. Stringer, JJ, Caleb and Dahl played really well. Adams very good too, hope he changes his mind about wanting to be traded back to WA.

Wonderful to see different perspective on tv coverage compared to watching game live too.

Round 1 seems so long ago that I had forgotten bits of match too.

Still smiling while waiting in traffic jams etc. All the positive press and people's stories of what winning meant for them. As I'm not bitter says.....The gift that keeps on giving.

merantau
17-12-2016, 08:32 AM
When people ask me "How ya goin'?" these days, I usually answer, "Couldn't be better. Bulldogs!"

1eyedog
17-12-2016, 10:21 PM
I wonder when it will sink in?

LostDoggy
18-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Was watching the GF again yesterday. I reckon a really underated period is the opening 5-10 minutes. Sydney had routinely blown teams away in Q1 whereas we had conceded the first few goals in 2 of 3 finals and were the more likely to be overawed in the opening minutes. They threw everything at us but we were up to every contest. A 0-0 scoreline after 10 minutes felt like a big win. I love watching those first few minutes, reckon we'd have withstood anything.

bornadog
18-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Was watching the GF again yesterday. I reckon a really underated period is the opening 5-10 minutes. Sydney had routinely blown teams away in Q1 whereas we had conceded the first few goals in 2 of 3 finals and were the more likely to be overawed in the opening minutes. They threw everything at us but we were up to every contest. A 0-0 scoreline after 10 minutes felt like a big win. I love watching those first few minutes, reckon we'd have withstood anything.

Funny, I watched the whole game again yesterday as well and thought exactly the same thing.

Eastdog
18-12-2016, 05:21 PM
I wonder when it will sink in?

It is just the fact that we are premiers that is amazing as we haven't been in that position for 62 years and it is the first time for many of us to experience that as a lot of us weren't around in 1954.

LostDoggy
19-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Currently sitting on the couch reliving our historic 2016 premiership year on DVD.
I'm fully aware of that. You created the same thread on BigFooty three minutes earlier.

bulldogsthru&thru
19-12-2016, 10:11 AM
I'm fully aware of that. You created the same thread on BigFooty three minutes earlier.

Thank you for that contribution.

I think it will start to sink in once the season starts, because right now i still don't believe it happened, despite watching the replay once and seeing highlights countless times.

westdog54
19-12-2016, 10:24 AM

The massive media focus for us going in was to limit Sydney's scoring early on. We threw 15 ridiculously intense minutes at them and dried the scoring right up. We took away there biggest weapon.

Twodogs
19-12-2016, 03:07 PM

It's incredible isn't it? When you watch it your eyes are darting all over the screen at all the blocks and crunches off the ball. Sydney could have commandeered the pitch roller and tried to force their way through and we would have thought a way through.

Eastdog
19-12-2016, 09:13 PM

Yeah I'm on that forum as well but mainly go on woof.

ledge
20-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Two things I loved .. The Stringer goal , how the crowd just went up as one .
And the Biggs effort , must have tackled 3 to 4 times in one play.
Any one notice how many times we had shots on goal on or after the siren during the finals series ?

bornadog
20-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Any one notice how many times we had shots on goal on or after the siren during the finals series ?

Stringer, Dicko and Caleb-Hawthorn

Clay, Dicko - GWS

McLean - GF on siren

KT31
20-12-2016, 04:25 PM

Biggs was brilliant and would not give up, earning us a massive goal.

Goals or shots on the siren are a big turn around for us and all credit to the coaches and players, in the not too distant past we were a side that slackened off in the final minutes of quarters and conceded far to many goals against.

Eastdog
20-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Loved Picko's goal towards the end of the GF. He was brilliant.

Eastdog
20-12-2016, 04:29 PM
The final moments of the prelim I'll say it again send chills through me.

BT "I think there going to get there now!"

Darcy "The Bulldogs go through to a grand final can you believe it!"

Darcy "A 62 year drought has ended the Bulldogs are into a grand final!".

Twodogs
24-12-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm watching the West Coast game again and what I really love is the growing sense of incredulity in the commentaters' voice as the game progresses. "How are the Eagles going to come from this far behind to win?" "I can't see how the Eagles can get back into this one..." "The crowd have been very, very quiet" "most of them have gone home already"

It's like the commentaters think the Eagles are playing some elaborate practical joke and that any moment they will start playing properly and run over the top of us.

Poetry. Pure poetry.

bornadog
24-12-2016, 07:36 PM
Picking up my mother in law from the train station. She is down from Shepp. My wife has already indicated we will be watching the Grand final tonight.

Smads57
24-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Watched the season highlights DVD today that was part of the 5 DVD pack and really enjoyed Wayne Schwass' MC performance. Didn't expect, so was pleasantly surprised, to see Murphy and King being part of the DVD. Top marks to the producers.

LostDoggy
26-12-2016, 11:20 PM
I'm watching the West Coast game again and what I really love is the growing sense of incredulity in the commentaters' voice as the game progresses. "How are the Eagles going to come from this far behind to win?" "I can't see how the Eagles can get back into this one..." "The crowd have been very, very quiet" "most of them have gone home already"

It's like the commentaters think the Eagles are playing some elaborate practical joke and that any moment they will start playing properly and run over the top of us.

Poetry. Pure poetry.

Just rewatched this the other day, the commentators painted a bleak picture at the beginning.
Lukey D was massive, Picken firing up his team mates and Caleb Daniel inspiational.
That game was a joy to rewatch. Destroyed them and broke a few records in the process.

Twodogs
26-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Just rewatched this the other day, the commentators painted a bleak picture at the beginning.
Lukey D was massive, Picken firing up his team mates and Caleb Daniel inspiational.
That game was a joy to rewatch. Destroyed them and broke a few records in the process.

It's a great performance full of individual self belief from the players and a total buy in to the gameplan by the unit as a whole. It's easy to forget that West Coast kicked the first two goals of the game from direct turn overs by us attempting to kick the ball back into the centre corridor. But they didn't go into their shells and play safe they kept taking the game on and directing the ball down the centre corridor.

That must have taken a lot of discipline and belief after we'd dominated the first few minutes, missed some easy shots and then seen them kick the first two from turnovers. The crowd would have been going off, the Eagles were up and about but we were able to apply the clamps and kept up the belief and basically bulldozed them from there on.

LostDoggy
27-12-2016, 12:00 AM
It's a great performance full of individual self belief from the players and a total buy in to the gameplan by the unit as a whole. It's easy to forget that West Coast kicked the first two goals of the game from direct turn overs by us attempting to kick the ball back into the centre corridor. But they didn't go into their shells and play safe they kept taking the game on and directing the ball down the centre corridor.

That must have taken a lot of discipline and belief after we'd dominated the first few minutes, missed some easy shots and then seen them kick the first two from turnovers. The crowd would have been going off, the Eagles were up and about but we were able to apply the clamps and kept up the belief and basically bulldozed them from there on.

Yeah, i had that sinking feeling, sme old dogs, miss some easy ones before paying the price. Just like the elimination final 2015. Then...Picken started a procession.

AndrewP6
27-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Just finished watching the GF parade, GF breakfast and post game show. Saw some things I hadn't seen, like Johnno and Smithy in the rooms, Bazza and Johnno, plus Eddie McGuire's enthusiasm for our win. Goosebumps again!!!

Twodogs
27-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Yeah, i had that sinking feeling, sme old dogs, miss some easy ones before paying the price. Just like the elimination final 2015. Then...Picken started a procession.

A miracle in four parts.

Eastdog
27-12-2016, 01:48 PM
I'm planning to watch the GF tonight. Should be great :)

Eastdog
27-12-2016, 04:13 PM
I'm planning to watch the GF tonight. Should be great :)

Watching it now. Couldn't help myself :)

Eastdog
27-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Watching the GF again and gee Roughy and Dahlhaus also were great. Both are very important.

Twodogs
27-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Hey Easty, I'm going to watch it later so don't tell us who wins

Eastdog
27-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Hey Easty, I'm going to watch it later so don't tell us who wins

I won't :)

Twodogs
27-12-2016, 07:31 PM
You're a good man Easty. That is such a fine act.

Throughandthrough
27-12-2016, 07:39 PM
I spent this afternoon watching the prelim final, I hadn't seen the replay at all. I had forgotten most of it. What a match, absolute belter.

jeemak
27-12-2016, 09:06 PM
I spent this afternoon watching the prelim final, I hadn't seen the replay at all. I had forgotten most of it. What a match, absolute belter.

You kind of appreciate why a fair portion of us seemed like stunned mullets after the siren once you play it back.

Unbelievable.

Twodogs
27-12-2016, 09:51 PM
You kind of appreciate why a fair portion of us seemed like stunned mullets after the siren once you play it back.

Unbelievable.

I wasn't like a stunned mullet. Unless it was a stunned mullet that was shouting swear words in it's front yard and dancing with it's neighbours.

jeemak
27-12-2016, 10:05 PM
You've had a contrary attitude towards me all day.

Twodogs
27-12-2016, 11:27 PM
You've had a contrary attitude towards me all day.

You told me who won.

bornadog
28-12-2016, 01:58 AM
RE watched the prelim - what a great game and win.

jeemak
28-12-2016, 02:01 AM
I just did the full highlights package of the Hawks final, just about to get into the prelim.

Eastdog
28-12-2016, 12:55 PM
You're a good man Easty. That is such a fine act.

Cheers TD. How did we go?

Eastdog
28-12-2016, 12:57 PM
I just did the full highlights package of the Hawks final, just about to get into the prelim.

From the Victory pack? Certainly need to get that one at some stage. I have the 2016 season highlights and the entire GF on DVD.

Twodogs
28-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Cheers TD. How did we go?

I don't want to spoil it for anyone but we won!

Eastdog
28-12-2016, 01:05 PM
I don't want to spoil it for anyone but we won!

Yes! You beauty!

Twodogs
28-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Yes! You beauty!

It's a relief isn't it?

Eastdog
28-12-2016, 01:10 PM
It's a relief isn't it?

Sure is. Finally we break our drought. It is surreal.

Remi Moses
28-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Watched the last and the post match on Fox on Xmas day(gotta get my extra 4$ a month worth) just a tingle went through the whole body . I think it's just sunk in.

Eastdog
28-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Watched the last and the post match on Fox on Xmas day(gotta get my extra 4$ a month worth) just a tingle went through the whole body . I think it's just sunk in.

Me too. Yes it was just great to see us finally on the biggest stage of the AFL and win it. So special and something I'll be watching again and again.

jeemak
28-12-2016, 02:01 PM
From the Victory pack? Certainly need to get that one at some stage. I have the 2016 season highlights and the entire GF on DVD.

No mate, just highlights on Youtube. Going to pick up the full pack soon, just haven't gotten around to it.

ledge
29-12-2016, 09:36 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Western.Bulldogs/posts/10154824799227487

Twodogs
29-12-2016, 10:05 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Western.Bulldogs/posts/10154824799227487

I just posted a reply to that. I hardly ever post replys to FB footy posts but that's a cracking video.

merantau
30-12-2016, 10:32 PM
I just watched a clip from the WBFC AFL app of our Finals highlights. I come out in goosebumps every time I see the Bont's goal against GWS - 55 years waiting to reach the GF again does that to you! One of the most exciting goals
I've ever seen. Just an epic moment - etched on my brain till the day I clock off.

Twodogs
30-12-2016, 10:46 PM
I just watched a clip from the WBFC AFL app of our Finals highlights. I come out in goosebumps every time I see the Bont's goal against GWS - 55 years waiting to reach the GF again does that to you! One of the most exciting goals
I've ever seen. Just an epic moment - etched on my brain till the day I clock off.

Was that the most inspiring sight you've seen in a bulldog game? That moment when the ball lands in front of Bontempelli time stands still and we all half rise from our seats. Then he begins his beautiful dance with the ball caressing it with one hand to control the bounce before he cups his other hand around it and runs into the open goal.

Fantastic. Just awesome.

merantau
30-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Was that the most inspiring sight you've seen in a bulldog game? That moment when the ball lands in front of Bontempelli time stands still and we all half rise from our seats. Then he begins his beautiful dance with the ball caressing it with one hand to control the bounce before he cups his other hand around it and runs into the open goal.

Fantastic. Just awesome.

It was indeed. In the context of the game, and the lead up to the goal, there has been no other moment inm my football watching history to equal it. Drama on the Big Stage. Theatre of the Highest Order. Absolutely Mega Moment. Oh how I wish I had been at the ground to witness it live. What an amazing atmosphere that must have been. Big shout out to our supporters who made the trip and turned it in to a home game for us. You did the Club proud. Go Dogs !

Eastdog
02-01-2017, 04:47 PM
No mate, just highlights on Youtube. Going to pick up the full pack soon, just haven't gotten around to it.

I got the victory pack from JB yesterday so now will be able really soak it all up again :)

bornadog
02-01-2017, 05:22 PM
I got the victory pack from JB yesterday so now will be able really soak it all up again :)

Last two days I have watched the WestCoast and Hawthorn finals again. They were great wins, we really smashed both teams.

HOSE B ROMERO
02-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Last two days I have watched the WestCoast and Hawthorn finals again. They were great wins, we really smashed both teams.

BAD, After seeing the Eagles game again, was there any surprises? I've just watched it for the first time and i'd forgotten the impact Tommy Boyd had. He gave contest after contest. I also had flashbacks to how i felt when we missed those first three shots and then the Eagles capitalised with two goals. At the time i thought 'another long w.a. footy night'... and then 'wham' (to quote batman).

Of the 'fab four' finals, this one was the one where i had the lowest expectation.

Next up: Salivating over the prospect of us (i'm in denial) tearing down the hawks playhouse... ;)

bornadog
02-01-2017, 06:58 PM
BAD, After seeing the Eagles game again, was there any surprises? I've just watched it for the first time and i'd forgotten the impact Tommy Boyd had. He gave contest after contest. I also had flashbacks to how i felt when we missed those first three shots and then the Eagles capitalised with two goals. At the time i thought 'another long w.a. footy night'... and then 'wham' (to quote batman).

Of the 'fab four' finals, this one was the one where i had the lowest expectation.

Next up: Salivating over the prospect of us (i'm in denial) tearing down the hawks playhouse... ;)

Had exactly the same feelings.

LostDoggy
02-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Been watching Bevo's post match press confrences after each final.
You can see,feel and hear the honesty,passion,love and belief after every win that Bevo has for our club and our players.

westdog54
05-01-2017, 11:21 AM

Got the Victory Pack yesterday.

I'm still yet to watch the Hawthorn Game, nor a replay of the granny.

I'm on leave starting next week so I'll be giving myself a couple of binge days.

LostDoggy
05-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Soak this up.

https://youtu.be/_thzRndHGA4

Just beautiful to behold. Its great that so many past players have been closely involved with this flag.

LostDoggy
05-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Thanks for sharing Marcov :)
Crying again :( especially when Johnno interviewed Bubba at the end :)

merantau
05-01-2017, 02:12 PM
I teared up too. Those blokes played not just for themselves, but for all the ones who went before too. The emotion in the rooms after was obviously off the scale. It' been a long time since any club has experienced something similiar - Collingwood 1990, North 1975, St. Kilda 66, Hawthorn '61, us in 54. In terms of depth of feeling, emotionality, excitement, intensity - whatever - our 2016 finals campaign outweighs Hawthorn's collective finals campaigns. I am privileged to be a Bulldog supporter.

bornadog
05-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Soak this up.

Just beautiful to behold. Its great that so many past players have been closely involved with this flag.

2 minutes to go, Bevo, "Come on boys let's go down and enjoy this" - What a coach.

KT31
05-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Best way to spend the next 20 minutes is watching this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfSiqkc4QZo

bulldogsthru&thru
05-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Soak this up.

Did all this really happen?

LostDoggy
05-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Thanks for sharing Marcov :)
Crying again :( especially when Johnno interviewed Bubba at the end :)

I teared up too. Those blokes played not just for themselves, but for all the ones who went before too. The emotion in the rooms after was obviously off the scale. It' been a long time since any club has experienced something similiar - Collingwood 1990, North 1975, St. Kilda 66, Hawthorn '61, us in 54. In terms of depth of feeling, emotionality, excitement, intensity - whatever - our 2016 finals campaign outweighs Hawthorn's collective finals campaigns. I am privileged to be a Bulldog supporter.

2 minutes to go, Bevo, "Come on boys let's go down and enjoy this" - What a coach.

Did all this really happen?

I know, sigh...

It really did, I need another flag, just to live the moment without feeling like I was in a 4 week dream. Wouldn't swap the current feeling for the world but winning another would be a vastly different experience.

Bulldog4life
07-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Best way to spend the next 20 minutes is watching this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfSiqkc4QZo

Now I understand your previous quip KT. Just saw this now.:)

Eastdog
07-01-2017, 09:37 PM

I'm planning to sit down and watch the prelim tomorrow night. It should be great :)

Eastdog
07-01-2017, 09:39 PM

Our premiership win of 2016 would have to be one of the best ever in the history of the AFL/VFL particularly because of the way we won it.

Eastdog
08-01-2017, 03:16 PM
I'm planning to sit down and watch the prelim tomorrow night. It should be great :)

Warm day so home this afternoon and decided to pop in the prelim final. Go Dogs!

G-Mo77
23-01-2017, 11:55 AM
I just heard Vance Joy on the radio. Don't know the name of the song, something about a moon or fire but eveey tome I hear it i think of that day. Might go and watch the GF now.

LostDoggy
23-01-2017, 02:01 PM
I just heard Vance Joy on the radio. Don't know the name of the song, something about a moon or fire but eveey tome I hear it i think of that day. Might go and watch the GF now.

Riptide ;)

Mantis
23-01-2017, 02:27 PM

Fire and the flood.. We played it at my nephew's birthday party on Saturday, my mum teared up as it brought back memories of GF day, what a legend!

bornadog
23-01-2017, 03:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKmWd8DPrEc

cinder
24-01-2017, 02:14 PM
I love Keep on Running by Living End. Takes me right back to GF day.

bornadog
24-01-2017, 02:48 PM
I love Keep on Running by Living End. Takes me right back to GF day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6frq4MRRftY

bornadog
24-01-2017, 03:06 PM
I still watch a quarter here and there almost every day of one of the finals. Lost count how many times I have seen each game.

This is one of my favourite moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz8GKgiWNrM

I wonder what Leon Cameron mouths after Stringers kick to Dickson. :D

merantau
28-01-2017, 12:34 PM
My favourite sporting moment of all time because the game was still in the balance until Stringer squared the ball to Dicko. The bit I like best is to listen to our supporters going crazy BEFORE the ball reaches Dicko. You have no idea how much I wished I'd been at that game. I really want to meet someone who was there to try and develop an inkling of what it was like. What a win! I've never heard commentators so delirious with joy over the result of a game and doubt whether I'll do so again. Far beyond seriously emotionally uplifting. There's no word capable of describing it. Heart-burstingly impactful moment.

KT31
28-01-2017, 12:53 PM
I still watch a quarter here and there almost every day of one of the finals. Lost count how many times I have seen each game.

This is one of my favourite moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz8GKgiWNrM

I wonder what Leon Cameron mouths after Stringers kick to Dickson. :D

Not sure if the goose bumps will ever stop when I watch this passage of play, but I'm hoping they never will.

LostDoggy
29-01-2017, 12:58 PM
My favourite sporting moment of all time because the game was still in the balance until Stringer squared the ball to Dicko. The bit I like best is to listen to our supporters going crazy BEFORE the ball reaches Dicko. You have no idea how much I wished I'd been at that game. I really want to meet someone who was there to try and develop an inkling of what it was like. What a win! I've never heard commentators so delirious with joy over the result of a game and doubt whether I'll do so again. Far beyond seriously emotionally uplifting. There's no word capable of describing it. Heart-burstingly impactful moment.

Just amazing.

Great Octocall that too.

westdog54
29-01-2017, 09:21 PM
If you haven't watched the Post-Match celebrations on the DVD, well, watch them. You're in for some treats. Some great moments I hadn't seen until I saw the DVD:

During Bevo's speech, he thanks the AFL's major sponsor, Toyota, then sneaks a peek at the big screen to make sure he got it right. It might just be me but I found that amusing.

After he presents the cup, John Schultz hurries off the podium and scoots around to the front to get a good look at the celebration.

Watching Dahl and Woody's interviews, it sinks in just how much it means to some of the boys. Woody gets interviewed just after her found his mum in the crowd (they photo of the two of them is one of my favourites from the day), and Dahl is overcome when talking about the club that "took a punt" on him.

Sam Lane manages a one question interview with Bob Murphy before he charges back into the lap of honour.

Watch it, it's truly joyful.

LostDoggy
30-01-2017, 12:13 AM
If you haven't watched the Post-Match celebrations on the DVD, well, watch them. You're in for some treats. Some great moments I hadn't seen until I saw the DVD:

During Bevo's speech, he thanks the AFL's major sponsor, Toyota, then sneaks a peek at the big screen to make sure he got it right. It might just be me but I found that amusing.

After he presents the cup, John Schultz hurries off the podium and scoots around to the front to get a good look at the celebration.

Watching Dahl and Woody's interviews, it sinks in just how much it means to some of the boys. Woody gets interviewed just after her found his mum in the crowd (they photo of the two of them is one of my favourites from the day), and Dahl is overcome when talking about the club that "took a punt" on him.

Sam Lane manages a one question interview with Bob Murphy before he charges back into the lap of honour.

Watch it, it's truly joyful.

Agree, ripper post match footage that either wasnt on the tele or i was just overcome

Murphy'sLore
30-01-2017, 09:51 AM
'Sons and daughters of the west -- we're bringing it home -- hoooooome!'

Twodogs
30-01-2017, 10:25 AM
'Sons and daughters of the west -- we're bringing it home -- hoooooome!'

We must be dreaming! We must be dreaming!