PDA

View Full Version : How was the banter

Twodogs
22-12-2016, 06:14 PM
WOOF is the only footy site I read. I did my time interacting with opposition supporters before I devoted my time exclusivly here.

Anyway what's the banter been like over on BF since we won the flag? Has there been much crowing from the bulldog posters?

I imagine there would have been a fair bit of support for us anyway like there was in the general community and a fair bit of trolling as well. Any highlights? Anything particularly memorable said?

bulldogsthru&thru
22-12-2016, 06:22 PM
I mostly stick to the Bulldogs forum in BF so not too sure what the banter was like between opposition supporters. Most seem to be simply estatic an elated that we won so I haven't seen any crowing. Lots of congratulations, but unfortunately a fair bit of "umpires won us the game" from opposition fans. Mostly those typical BF types without a clue for how rules are interpreted. On the most part though it's been fairly positive

boydogs
22-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Really positive from opposition supporters, happy to see us break our drought and enjoyed our manic game style. Not a lot saying we didn't deserve it, but still a few trying to put Tom Boyd down as only playing one good game

Bulldog4life
22-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Really positive from opposition supporters, happy to see us break our drought and enjoyed our manic game style. Not a lot saying we didn't deserve it, but still a few trying to put Tom Boyd down as only playing one good game

They mustn't have watched all our finals games.

jeemak
23-12-2016, 12:04 AM
I dusted the old log-in off and did a brief check on things, and the only negativity I saw was from non-Sydney opposition supporters for the most part deriding our supposedly favourable treatment from the umpires.

We did really well from them in the preliminary final and grand final, but you need a little luck and we'd have rolled each side either way without it.

A good thing about the majority of feedback I've had is the acknowledgement that we won a lot of games to only finish seventh, and that healthy we were clearly a contender as demonstrated by our finals games and early season form. When you talk about it in moderate detail reasonably with opposition supporters, they get that point pretty quickly.

The best thing is that we didn't do it easy, and put together the best finals series in the history of the game to win the thing. Nobody can take that away from us.

bornadog
23-12-2016, 12:31 AM
Talking about Banter. At the social club event last week, Dan the banner man had a panel up on stage, and asked JJ and The Bont was there any banter after the siren went, towards the Swans players. Both JJ and The Bont said no, Dan then asked The Bont, what about Libba, did he saying anything - Bont replied, I am not game to ask.

jeemak
23-12-2016, 01:23 AM
That doesn't make any sense.

jazzadogs
23-12-2016, 01:28 AM
That doesn't make any sense.

Danny was asking Bont whether Libba was mouthy after the siren, and Bont said he wasn't game to ask Libba what he did after the siren.

jeemak
23-12-2016, 01:36 AM
Danny was asking Bont whether Libba was mouthy after the siren, and Bont said he wasn't game to ask Libba what he did after the siren.

Ahhhh Libba, the joke that probably wasn't. Put one slightly loose bloke among a bunch of square kids and all hell breaks loose from a perception point of view.

Suppose someone has to be a quirky Dane Swan, instead of being a thug smart arse.

Bulldog4life
23-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Talking about Banter. At the social club event last week, Dan the banner man had a panel up on stage, and asked JJ and The Bont was there any banter after the siren went, towards the Swans players. Both JJ and The Bont said no, Dan then asked The Bont, what about Libba - Bont replied, I am not game to ask.

Dan seems to have taken over from Kevin Hillier.

KT31
24-12-2016, 02:38 AM
Dan seems to have taken over from Kevin Hillier.

Not really a complement.

soupman
24-12-2016, 06:07 AM
On the main boards almost invariably cringeworthy from our supporters. Now that we have a comeback to the whole "Tom Boyd is an overpaid hack" and "You're a loser club with a loser history" insults somne of our posters have hit hard the other way.

Reoccuring themes seem to be:
-Bont is the greatest of all time. This must be mentioned on every page of every thread.
-The Tom Boyd premiership cup photo is getting a very good run.
-There seems to be no hesitation from our supporters bumping threads from anywhere in the last 5 years that might have contained as little as the ocassional slightly insulting post towards our club or a player, usually with the post quoted and a comment along the lines of "Well this looks stupid now"
-The fact Billings was taken before Bont seems to be brought up a lot unnecessarily.
-There are many needless arguments over freekicks
-Any mention of promising young players, including just discussion about someone not even related to our club, merits numerous posts mentioning the likes of Premiership stars Daniel, McLean, Cordy etc.

Basically some of our posters have taken full advantage of the opportunity to lord it up over the rest of the BF community, and are not afraid to take the bait in any thread.

Although the North board makes fun reading. They were very bitter towards us all year, especially after the Hunter/Thomas incident which led to them anointing Bont the biggest flog of all time. They had a few threads throughout the year regarding us, including a very enjoyable "Bevo vs Brad" thread makes very satisfying reading as the finals series continues on.

hujsh
24-12-2016, 06:39 AM
On the main boards almost invariably cringeworthy from our supporters. Now that we have a comeback to the whole "Tom Boyd is an overpaid hack" and "You're a loser club with a loser history" insults somne of our posters have hit hard the other way.

Reoccuring themes seem to be:
-Bont is the greatest of all time. This must be mentioned on every page of every thread.
-The Tom Boyd premiership cup photo is getting a very good run.
-There seems to be no hesitation from our supporters bumping threads from anywhere in the last 5 years that might have contained as little as the ocassional slightly insulting post towards our club or a player, usually with the post quoted and a comment along the lines of "Well this looks stupid now"
-The fact Billings was taken before Bont seems to be brought up a lot unnecessarily.
-There are many needless arguments over freekicks
-Any mention of promising young players, including just discussion about someone not even related to our club, merits numerous posts mentioning the likes of Premiership stars Daniel, McLean, Cordy etc.

Basically some of our posters have taken full advantage of the opportunity to lord it up over the rest of the BF community, and are not afraid to take the bait in any thread.

Although the North board makes fun reading. They were very bitter towards us all year, especially after the Hunter/Thomas incident which led to them anointing Bont the biggest flog of all time. They had a few threads throughout the year regarding us, including a very enjoyable "Bevo vs Brad" thread makes very satisfying reading as the finals series continues on.
Oh the North board was great during the Good Friday stuff especially. Very strange obsession about making sure that Carlton be involved rather than us or the Saints

SonofScray
25-12-2016, 12:00 AM
I have been given a few stints on the sidelines at BF post Flag That Wagged for being a little too hilarious and a little too pointed in my extremely high end wit and banter just tearing the football world a new one. Lots of references to long suffering fans of other teams who haven't seen a Premiership in their life time etc etc.

GVGjr
25-12-2016, 09:07 AM
I have been given a few stints on the sidelines at BF post Flag That Wagged for being a little too hilarious and a little too pointed in my extremely high end wit and banter just tearing the football world a new one. Lots of references to long suffering fans of other teams who haven't seen a Premiership in their life time etc etc.

Typically people I know are happy to take a bit of crap from me regarding the flag that wagged.
I recall sending a text to my boss late on the Friday after the GF
"What am I supposed to do on the weekend after winning the GF?.......hang on you barrack of the Saints, why am I asking you?" :)

Over the years I've seen and heard so many comments about our supposedly shitty existence from cocky opposition supporters I was determined not to drop to their level after the win and I really hope I've done that.
But if people can't take a joke from us, then stuff them :)

1eyedog
25-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Typically people I know are happy to take a bit of crap from me regarding the flag that wagged.
I recall sending a text to my boss late on the Friday after the GF
"What am I supposed to do on the weekend after winning the GF?.......hang on you barrack of the Saints, why am I asking you?" :)

Over the years I've seen and heard so many comments about our supposedly shitty existence from cocky opposition supporters I was determined not to drop to their level after the win and I really hope I've done that.
But if people can't take a joke from us, then stuff them :)

You have a boss? OK.

GVGjr
25-12-2016, 10:06 AM
You have a boss? OK.

Well he was a fill in boss, good sense of humor.

Twodogs
25-12-2016, 10:59 AM
You have a boss? OK.

Everyone has a boss.

KT31
25-12-2016, 12:52 PM
Everyone has a boss.

Apparently not my Lioness.;)

Twodogs
25-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Apparently not my Lioness.;)

They must have a boss. Bob Dylan* wouldn't tell a lie. It's probably God or the ghost of Bernard King or something.

*he is a bit of a hippie though and we know they are fundamentally dishonest.