PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Grybas

southerncross
05-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Devastating news to hear that Clinton Grybas has been found dead.

He was an excellent sports commentator and will be missed.

Max469
05-01-2008, 06:07 PM
So sad to hear.

Too young.

One of the best.

R.I.P

southerncross
05-01-2008, 06:09 PM
So sad to hear.

Too young.

One of the best.

R.I.P

All too true.

BulldogBelle
05-01-2008, 06:27 PM
One of the better commentators going around, my condolences to his family and friends.

southerncross
05-01-2008, 06:31 PM
This from ABC online

Commentator Grybas dies, aged 32

Posted 27 minutes ago
Prominent Melbourne based sports presenter, Clinton Grybas has died at the age of 32.
The cause of his death is yet to be determined, but he was found unconscious this morning.
Clinton Grybas had worked for the ABC, Foxsports and 3AW, and was named best sports presenter in the Commercial Radio Industry awards last year.
General Manager of 3AW, Graham Mott, says his co-workers became worried when Grybas did not turn up for work this morning.
After getting no answer on the phone, they called the manager of his apartment building.
"That apartment building manager entered Clinton's apartment and found him unconscious on the floor, and then I'm told that he was taken to the Epworth, and was pronounced dead," he said.

LostDoggy
05-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Way too young to pass on. 32 years old, the prime of his life.

Its absolutely devastating news not only to his family but the footballing public.

Im still in shock.

hujsh
05-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Probably the best commentator with Brian Taylor and Dennis Cometti as the other candidates.

Gotta hate these storys

DOG GOD
05-01-2008, 09:12 PM
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE news. THE best in the business. R.I.P

ledge
05-01-2008, 09:30 PM
So sad and had such a future ahead, just hope its not through suspicious circumstances.

westdog54
06-01-2008, 02:01 AM
I've just arrived home to this news.

I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor.

One of my all time favourite callers, and footy media personalities in general.

A great light in the football world has been shut out far too early.

Clinton, the football world will be worse off for your sudden tragic passing. May you rest in peace.

LostDoggy
06-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I heard the news while we were driving back from Brisbane, family listening to the cricket, all of a sudden they broke to the news flash. Horrible news, he was my favourite commentator along with Anthony Hudson...I was watching a footy match on my portable DVD player when mum told me to listen and I'm just grateful it wasn't a match that he was commentating, I still can't believe it, he was too young.

LostDoggy
06-01-2008, 03:55 PM
This guys was just about the best in the business. Every sport that he was asked to commentate on he just did it so well. The remarkable thing is the way that all the other sporting commentators respected him and held him in such regard.

RIP Clinton

RedWine&Blue
07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Shocking news. I am a huge fan of Clinton's. Brilliant at calling all sports but most notably Aussie Rules. He also MC'd events impeccably. When he hosted White Line Fever I thought he was terrific at handling all manner of callers - from the articulate to the less so to the kiddies that often phoned in. He treated everyone as if their opinion mattered which is a rarity in the media. He appeared comfortable with everyone and knew his stuff.

I have (thankfully) kept all the email replies he sent me over the WLF era and a video tape of one episode when he used an email of mine for the opening segment. I thought he really added something to the following of football and his passing will leave a huge hole.

My sincere condolences to his partner, family and friends.