PDA

View Full Version : A Giant fan in my car - Household cleaning tips needed

Dry Rot
10-01-2017, 11:25 PM
Tomorrow I'm catching up with my Victorian based old Cultural and Footy Guru, passing through Sydney. He's fine, comes from 3 generations of genuine South Melbourne Bloods fans, and got me into footy.

So far, so good.

But he is travelling with a mate who is a Giants fan and is connected with the club. I am giving them both a lift around Sydney, and therefore will have a Giants fan in my beloved Subaru.

So, how can I disinfect my car after this?

It is even possible? Or should I feign car theft, and just torch my Liberty?

Hotdog60
10-01-2017, 11:30 PM
There's no getting back from that. The stench will linger for years.
In fact you might as well take it straight to the dump because there will be no resell value.
On the bright side it's time to upgrade to the WRX STi.

bulldogtragic
10-01-2017, 11:31 PM
Yep, torch it. Don't even worry about the theft report. As soon as it gets out a Giants person was in the car, the police will know it was you. But before lighting up the car, just make sure Lachie Whitfield isn't being hidden in the back somewhere. Don't want to end up sharing a cell with Roger Rogerson.

1eyedog
10-01-2017, 11:53 PM
You could start a lengthy conversation to try and breakdown all of Jeremy Cameron's touches in the prelim. Another ice breaker might be an extended diatribe on the Clay Smith vs Ryan Griffen clash that led to Caleb Daniel's major deep in the 3rd?

AndrewP6
10-01-2017, 11:54 PM
Make him walk? Or take the AFL's approach, and give him his own, incredibly expensive car, upgrade it with an even more expensive one in a year or two, keep pouring money into it until it is the fastest and greatest car in the world. Then, face off in a contest, where your car beats his car, despite all the money that went towards it. Then laugh at him. A lot.

The bulldog tragician
10-01-2017, 11:54 PM
Until I saw evidence of their existence at the Prelim final, I'd believed Giants fans were either photo-shopped or were actors paid to attempt to look knowledgable and passionate about the game.

AndrewP6
10-01-2017, 11:56 PM
Until I saw evidence of their existence at the Prelim final, I'd believed Giants fans were either photo-shopped or were actors paid to attempt to look knowledgable and passionate about the game.

That is precisely how they appear.

Dry Rot
11-01-2017, 12:01 AM
I love my car and your responses are welcome but depressing. Surely there is a way out of this?

How about hanging a voodoo doll of Patton off my rear vision mirror with pins in each ligament of his bad knee?

The bulldog tragician
11-01-2017, 12:04 AM
That is precisely how they appear.

Not very good actors either.

The bulldog tragician
11-01-2017, 12:07 AM
Yep, torch it. Don't even worry about the theft report. As soon as it gets out a Giants person was in the car, the police will know it was you. But before lighting up the car, just make sure Lachie Whitfield isn't being hidden in the back somewhere. Don't want to end up sharing a cell with Roger Rogerson.
This could risk an AFEL investigation where the premiership is stripped from us, though.

jazzadogs
11-01-2017, 12:32 AM
I love my car and your responses are welcome but depressing. Surely there is a way out of this?

How about hanging a voodoo doll of Patton off my rear vision mirror with pins in each ligament of his bad knee?

Buy a portable dvd player and stick it in front of them with the prelim on repeat for the duration of your journey.

I still can't believe that anyone is *really* a Giants supporter.

Dry Rot
11-01-2017, 12:38 AM
I still can't believe that anyone is *really* a Giants supporter.

At the risk of a further loss of credibility I have a Giants fan living downstairs in my block of flats.

And what I'm about to post is dead true, I'm not taking the piss out of disabled folk, he is deaf and dumb.

Luckily, my Richmond supporting cat counteracts this local evil.

Twodogs
11-01-2017, 01:27 AM
Can you change the seats afterwards perhaps? Get new ones installed then burn the old infected seats.

Murphy'sLore
11-01-2017, 09:42 AM
A plastic cover over the seat should be sufficient protection. And after being constantly surrounded by plastic, he won't even notice.

bornadog
11-01-2017, 09:55 AM
This could risk an AFEL investigation where the premiership is stripped from us, though.

Knowing our history, this could actually happen.

ledge
11-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Leave your car at home and rent a bomb, one that cost a lot when it was brand new but is now worth nothing and can hardly fit you three in it, tell them you named it spotless. (Ford Capri)

KT31
11-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Hire a car, you don't want this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEhqiCD27E

Twodogs
11-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Knowing our history, this could actually happen.

Yes. I haven't completely given up on this happening. They will find a reason, I imagine them forensically inspecting our team sheet for errors. "we are pretty sure they may have misspelled 'Macrae' just here. You see we're not completely convinced that 'a" isn't an 'e'"

Leave your car at home and rent a bomb, one that cost a lot when it was brand new but is now worth nothing and can hardly fit you three in it, tell them you named it spotless. (Ford Capri)

Or just call it Ryan.

Flamethrower
11-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Could discuss whether Eli is the better Manning brother....oh, not the New York Football Giants.

Or whether Barry Bonds should be in the Hall Of Fame....not the San Francisco Giants?

The other Giants???? I thought their fans were just a myth. Or Sydney Swans fans still in their jumpsuits they received while "visiting" the USA.....

GVGjr
11-01-2017, 08:12 PM
Tomorrow I'm catching up with my Victorian based old Cultural and Footy Guru, passing through Sydney. He's fine, comes from 3 generations of genuine South Melbourne Bloods fans, and got me into footy.

So far, so good.

But he is travelling with a mate who is a Giants fan and is connected with the club. I am giving them both a lift around Sydney, and therefore will have a Giants fan in my beloved Subaru.

So, how can I disinfect my car after this?

It is even possible? Or should I feign car theft, and just torch my Liberty?

This is why you should have a car with a proper boot. That's where you hide the rubbish
It reminds of going to the drive in years ago and conning a mate to be the 'boot boy'. You would leave them in there a lot longer than needed and with the money they saved the first round of food was on them. Of course you would also move the car while they were getting the food to throw them off.

Seriously what were the chances of you knowing a Giants supporter and worse still having to drive one around?
I mean I'm sure there really are some of them in existence but then again I also believe in the legend of the Loch Ness Monster :)

Perhaps we could call Giants supporters 'Nessie'

jeemak
11-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Maybe you can even the ledger for the Dogs of this world and pull one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkT5g1n8Tv8

hujsh
12-01-2017, 12:23 PM
At the risk of a further loss of credibility I have a Giants fan living downstairs in my block of flats.

And what I'm about to post is dead true, I'm not taking the piss out of disabled folk, he is deaf and dumb.

Luckily, my Richmond supporting cat counteracts this local evil.
Unbelievably I saw someone on Williams street in the CBD wearing a Giants jumper just now. Thought of taking a picture for proof but felt it would be creepy.

Surely a bad Christmas gift.

KT31
12-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Unbelievably I saw someone on Williams street in the CBD wearing a Giants jumper just now. Thought of taking a picture for proof but felt it would be creepy.

Surely a bad Christmas gift.

Most likely he has lost a bet.

Mofra
12-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Relax, if the Giants fan ruins your car interior Carlton will buy it off you

SonofScray
12-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Drive your car off a bridge.

A little harsh for you perhaps DR, but if Bevo has taught us anything, its that selflessness is a true Bulldog trait.

Twodogs
12-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Drive your car off a bridge.

A little harsh for you perhaps DR, but if Bevo has taught us anything, its that selflessness is a true Bulldog trait.

Yep. It's one in, all in.

Topdog
13-01-2017, 10:28 AM
I'd love to meet a Giants fan right now. Just keep talking about the 2016 finals.

craigsahibee
13-01-2017, 10:45 AM
You might need to buy a Giant Fan to blow out the stench that remains.