PDA

View Full Version : Best memory of 2007?

southerncross
06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
For me it would have to be when we beat Port. They rallied back us but then we steadied and kicked away again.

What was you best memory of 2007?

LostDoggy
06-01-2008, 06:59 PM
From a team perspective I will go with the Port game as well. I enjoyed the way we answered their challenge. Boyd had the ball on a string and Johnno was brilliant kicking 5

From an individual perspective Johnson and Harris along with the emergence of Williams and Everitt were also highs for me.

LostDoggy
06-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Final siren round 22

Dogs 24/7
06-01-2008, 07:42 PM
The last win we had for the season against Essendon was the best for me. I went with some Essendon mates and Cooney racked up plenty of possessions and Brad Johnson got another 5 goals. He had a great season.

hujsh
06-01-2008, 11:49 PM
The hope that came when Darcy, Murph and Acka had decent starts against Geelong

Bulldog Revolution
07-01-2008, 02:30 PM
There wasn't many

The team performances against Freo in Darwin and Brisbane at Brisbane - I genuinely thought we were going to get back to our best after those two sparkling displays

Johnsons 8 against Geelong was a pretty awesome performance

The Bulldogs Bite
07-01-2008, 03:46 PM
The Collingwood game for mine.

Higgins was fantastic whilst Akermanis kicked a couple too. Big crowd, big game. Came from behind in the third quarter to eventually run out winners by about 5 goals. Hargrave kicked an absolute pearler from about 55m out on the run after Harris spoiled Rocca, bringing the ball to the ground and allowing Hargrave to waltz in.

LostDoggy
07-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Eight goals from Johno in round one against the team that turned out to be the champions.

We still didn't win by very many, though. I remember thinking even then: "he can't keep doing this every week. I hope the other players step up to the plate or we'll have a pretty ordinary season."

hujsh
07-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Eight goals from Johno in round one against the team that turned out to be the champions.

We still didn't win by very many, though. I remember thinking even then: "he can't keep doing this every week. I hope the other players step up to the plate or we'll have a pretty ordinary season."

We were smashing them but we eased up once the game was won instead of getting a 10 goal win

Bulldog Revolution
07-01-2008, 05:08 PM
The Collingwood game for mine.

Higgins was fantastic whilst Akermanis kicked a couple too. Big crowd, big game. Came from behind in the third quarter to eventually run out winners by about 5 goals. Hargrave kicked an absolute pearler from about 55m out on the run after Harris spoiled Rocca, bringing the ball to the ground and allowing Hargrave to waltz in.

Nice one - that was a great goal - from the boundary line after having run hard

bornadog
08-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Final siren round 22

Your funny Jerry.............. but it was a relief to stop the thrashings in the second half of the season.

Best game I enjoyed - Collingwood match

Some great moments
- Aker playing for the dogs, I found it hard to believe he was playing for us. (still do some how)
- McDougals smother on Buddy the show off, when Buddy finally thought he had a goal.
- Watching Big Brian take mark after mark; have waited for a decent fullback since Kennedy.
- Brads eight goals in round one
- Excitment of watching the first gamers, especially Everitt and Williams

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 12:55 AM
I'd say the Collingwood victory, plus a lot of personal ones that I won't bore you with!

Rocket Science
10-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Final siren round 22

+1

Rocket's searing 3/4 time spray reserved for Gilbs, Robbo, and Harro, errr Lakey v the Dons was pretty special too.

LostDoggy
10-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Beating Geelong round 1. Aker snagged a nice goal and we were undefeated! And it was against my arch rivals. Twas a great day.