PDA

View Full Version : Bonts black tape in the Grand Final??

bulldogtragic
12-02-2017, 12:31 PM
I don't recall anything about this, but does anyone know why Bonts was wearing black electrical tape on his forearm in the Grand Final? It looked identical to what Essendon did in the GF against Brisbane being smart arses about Brisbane's use of IV drips. But that's obviously got nothing to do with why Bonts did it, but it seems a really weird spot to have the tape. Anyone know why he was wearing it?

LostDoggy
12-02-2017, 01:24 PM
I think it's where he keeps his hair tie when it's not being used to keep his flowing locks out of his spacial,peripheral and sixth sense visionary superpowers.;)

Webby
12-02-2017, 02:26 PM
I don't recall anything about this, but does anyone know why Bonts was wearing black electrical tape on his forearm in the Grand Final? It looked identical to what Essendon did in the GF against Brisbane being smart arses about Brisbane's use of IV drips. But that's obviously got nothing to do with why Bonts did it, but it seems a really weird spot to have the tape. Anyone know why he was wearing it?

Simple explanation for this one: it's his hair band. He whips it off at the final siren and puts it round his forearm. See his post match interview at the end of the prelim (available on YouTube as an example.)

bulldogtragic
12-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Much obliged Webby.

Twodogs
12-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Poor old Redders gets nada.

bulldogtragic
12-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Poor old Redders gets nada.

My bad, thanks Redders.