PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster replacement games for Western Bulldogs access members

bornadog
01-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-03-01/blockbuster-replacement-games-for-wb-access-members)

Western Bulldogs members are set for an exciting year in 2017, with access to two big blockbuster replacement games. With the Western Bulldogs playing two of its allocated 11 home games in Cairns and Ballarat this year, access members who are unable to attend those matches will be able to go to the two allocated replacement games in Melbourne.

The first of those will be the Round 1 encounter with Collingwood, when the Bulldogs return to MCG, the scene of the club’s breakthrough premiership win last October. That premiership will be marked at home the following week with the unfurling of the flag before the Round 2 grand final replay at Etihad Stadium against the Sydney Swans.

Replacement game details:

Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs
Round 1 – MCG - Friday 24 March, 7:50pm

Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs
Round 23 - Etihad Stadium - Date & Time TBC

Member access

Both 2017 home and home & away access members will be able to gain entry to general admission areas available at the above matches.

Reserved seat holders will not have access to a reserved seat at these games but can access general admission areas.
Members can upgrade from general admission to a reserved seat for these matches via Ticketek (Round 1 vs Coll) from 9am, Monday 6 March or Ticketmaster (Round 23 vs Hawks) from 9am, Wednesday 9 August, where you can enter your 12 digit barcode to access the discounted member prices.
Want access to these great games?

If you are yet to renew or join as a member and want to be part of the enthralling journey set up last season by Luke Beveridge and his premiership team, now is the time to #bemorebulldog and become a member. Sign up online at www.membership.westernbulldogs.com.au or call 1300 46 36 47.

Sideline members who do not have game day access will also need to purchase tickets for this match or can upgrade to a three-game membership for an additional $35 to get access to any three home games at Etihad Stadium.
More fixture around Cairns and Ballarat questions? Click here.

The Pie Man
01-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Was about to buy tickets to round 1 as well - cheers for the post!

Greystache
01-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Obviously both clubs are looking to make this a big game. Peter and Eddie have been lobbying for this opening fixture for several years and this is a good move to creating a case for it.

Ozza
01-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Might be an outlandish prediction, but I think we will pull a bigger crowd that the Thursday night season opener.

bornadog
01-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Might be an outlandish prediction, but I think we will pull a bigger crowd that the Thursday night season opener.

I would love to see that.

Eastdog
01-03-2017, 08:16 PM

Yes was planning to buy a ticket as well but I won't need to and will just use my Doggies membership.

Eastdog
01-03-2017, 08:18 PM

You never know Ozza. Would be fantastic if it did happen.

bornadog
02-03-2017, 10:30 AM

Members can reserve a seat from Monday. Unless you don't mind sitting way up on top of level 4, best to reserve a seat. My mate was looking at AFL members reserve seats but they are all exhausted.

Round 1 game is going to be huge.

aker39
02-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Members can reserve a seat from Monday. Unless you don't mind sitting way up on top of level 4, best to reserve a seat. My mate was looking at AFL members reserve seats but they are all exhausted.

The AFL Members have not sold out. Tuesday was the day where AFL Members could buy seats for every game of the year. They only release a limited number of seats for this sale.

The rest of the seats will go on sale on the regular monthly basis. The Round 1 to 3 MCG games go on sale tomorrow at 9.00am

PS - The pricing listed on that map are children's tickets.

The Pie Man
02-03-2017, 11:00 AM

Pricing

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/image001_zpsz6ynjzpi.png?t=1488321729

Will likely opt for standing room - though will need to get there early for this.

craigsahibee
02-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Bloody Cricket Club Presentation Night on the same night.

As an 18 game member the replacement games don't really matter, but I was looking forward to this.

bornadog
02-03-2017, 11:16 AM
The AFL Members have not sold out. Tuesday was the day where AFL Members could buy seats for every game of the year. They only release a limited number of seats for this sale.

The rest of the seats will go on sale on the regular monthly basis. The Round 1 to 3 MCG games go on sale tomorrow at 9.00am

PS - The pricing listed on that map are children's tickets.

Thanks for the update. Mate checked with AFL members and they told him they were nearly all gone?? So perhaps you are right with releasing extra seating..

The pricing is what came up when I went to ticketek and asked for pricing. There is nothing indicating they are children's pricing, but who knows with ticketek.

Eastdog
02-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Will likely opt for standing room - though will need to get there early for this.

For our away games at the G I usually aim to sit up the end where our cheer squad will be which is the Ponsford end usually except when we play the Pies and in that case will be at the Punt Road end.

aker39
02-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the update. Mate checked with AFL members and they told him they were nearly all gone?? So perhaps you are right with releasing extra seating..

The pricing is what came up when I went to ticketek and asked for pricing. There is nothing indicating they are children's pricing, but who knows with ticketek.

There is no way they can be nearly sold out, she must have been referring to the Tuesday sale. They release about 5000 tickets for that day, the remaining 15000 go on sale tomorrow.

The pricing always comes up with the cheapest ticket for that category, you'll notice it says from $$

bornadog
02-03-2017, 02:45 PM
There is no way they can be nearly sold out, she must have been referring to the Tuesday sale. They release about 5000 tickets for that day, the remaining 15000 go on sale tomorrow.

The pricing always comes up with the cheapest ticket for that category, you'll notice it says from $$

I really hate the whole ticketing system. I hate the way it allocates seats etc etc. I hate the way they release tickets little by little - bloody joke.

Twodogs
02-03-2017, 03:51 PM
I used to be an AFL member but they started taking stuff away and jacking up the price. So I dropped it and took out club membership.

Mantis
02-03-2017, 04:17 PM
I used to be an AFL member but they started taking stuff away and jacking up the price. So I dropped it and took out club membership.

Thanks for the share.

Twodogs
02-03-2017, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the share.

Anytime.

bornadog
06-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Using my free entry membership, my mate got tickets for round one costing $41 :eek:, just to reserve seats.

Eastdog
06-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Using my free entry membership, my mate got tickets for round one costing $41 :eek:, just to reserve seats.

Me too BAD. I only have a membership for access to home games only but its good first round being a replacement game that we can just use our membership and not pay extra for tickets like we would if we only have a home membership for away Victorian games.

aker39
06-03-2017, 10:20 PM

He's bought a prime seat that would normally cost about $65.