PDA

View Full Version : Opposition Chatter - Season 2017

bulldogtragic
07-03-2017, 06:51 PM
R.1.

Daniel Wells looks set to miss for Collingwood. Rumours on Grundy carrying something too.

R.2.

Isaac Heeney has glandular fever. Likely to miss for Sydney.

1eyedog
07-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Hibberd, Deliedio and Pittard looking likely to miss first two.

Throughandthrough
07-03-2017, 07:54 PM

Pittard missing is a big chance for port to get some early wins

KT31
07-03-2017, 08:19 PM

Deliedio confirmed by Leon to miss at least first two.

1eyedog
07-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Elliot is a fair bit of doubt for the Pies as well.

1eyedog
07-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Agreed I couldn't even fit Pittard into my man bun team.

1eyedog
08-03-2017, 09:36 AM
McVeigh almost certain to miss two matches with a bad calf including the round 2 match against us.

bulldogtragic
08-03-2017, 12:07 PM
McVeigh almost certain to miss two matches with a bad calf including the round 2 match against us.

I like this.

R1: Wells, Elliott & maybe Grundy
R2: McVeigh & Heeney

1eyedog
08-03-2017, 03:07 PM
I like this.

R1: Wells, Elliott & maybe Grundy
R2: McVeigh & Heeney

Sorry mate I just realised the intentions of the thread based on the above :D

Twodogs
08-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Agreed I couldn't even fit Pittard into my man bun team.

That's the only reason he grew the bloody thing.

1eyedog
09-03-2017, 11:08 PM
De Goey in serious doubt for round 1

Twodogs
09-03-2017, 11:56 PM
De Goey in serious doubt for round 1

There's going to nobody left over 190 cms to play. Caleb Daniel first ruck

Mantis
10-03-2017, 07:27 AM
There's going to nobody left over 190 cms to play. Caleb Daniel first ruck

De Goey is a midfielder.

Mofra
10-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Hodge suspended by the Hawks leadership group for round 1. Missed a training session.

bornadog
10-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Hodge suspended by the Hawks leadership group for round 1. Missed a training session.

but,but, he is everybodies mate:D

LostDoggy
11-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Pendlebury pulled out of todays game against Richmond with an achilles.
Has never had it before and with any luck could be a couple of weeks before he's right.

LostDoggy
11-03-2017, 07:09 PM
http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/03/11/16/56/collingwood-magpies-forward-jamie-elliott-in-doubt-for-round-one-of--afl-season

Elliott racing against the clock to be fit Round 1.

LostDoggy
11-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Greenwood in doubt now with hammy ;)

bulldogtragic
11-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Elliot, Pendles, De Goey, Wells, Grundy & Greenwood all in doubt, and Cloke out of their side and into ours with a point to prove. Excellent.

comrade
11-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Grundy played today so can't see any reason why he won't line up against us, unfortunately.

Twodogs
12-03-2017, 01:28 AM
De Goey is a midfielder.

God knows who I'm thinking of then. Who kicked that winning goal against Richmond last year? I think that he's who I'm thinking of.

boydogs
12-03-2017, 02:31 AM
God knows who I'm thinking of then. Who kicked that winning goal against Richmond last year? I think that he's who I'm thinking of.

Grundy, their ruck

ledge
13-03-2017, 03:43 AM
Jake stringer and Liam Picken will miss the season, coming into the team Jesse Stringer and Marcus Picken.
That's the word from Brereton and Lynch on foxfooty.

1eyedog
13-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Coniglio likely out when we play them. Round 6 GWS Coniglio to miss 6 weeks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-13/ankle-injury-outs-star-giant-stephen-coniglio-for-six-weeks

aker39
13-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Round 3 Fremantle

Hayden Ballantyne out for 8-10 weeks

aker39
14-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Round 6 GWS

Stephen Corniglio out for 6 weeks with ankle injury.

Brett Deledio out to Round 8

bulldogtragic
14-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Looks like a bullet dodged with Lids. Bevo shouldn't have questioned himself in passing on him.

Mofra
14-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Richmond nailed a trade! Lids is done.

Interesting Dal Santo publically saying Wells isn't a great trainer, not surprising but still. 3 year deal, after paying overs for Mayne. Well done Buckley.

1eyedog
14-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Daniel Well confirmed non-starter for round 1.

GVGjr
14-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Looks like a bullet dodged with Lids. Bevo shouldn't have questioned himself in passing on him.

Did we pass on him?

bulldogtragic
14-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Did we pass on him?

News sources said he did a medical or interview (can't remember which) with us, but Bevo wasn't convinced and so we passed initially. After it became public he was likely to sign with GWS, same news sources said our interest re-sparked with Bevo & Co and we thus enquired but he stayed with GWS. Could be 'fake news', but that was the alleged story that Bevo wasn't completely sold and he was free to roam to the plastics.

GVGjr
14-03-2017, 09:38 PM
News sources said he did a medical or interview (can't remember which) with us, but Bevo wasn't convinced and so we passed initially. After it became public he was likely to sign with GWS, same news sources said our interest re-sparked with Bevo & Co and we thus enquired but he stayed with GWS. Could be 'fake news', but that was the alleged story that Bevo wasn't completely sold and he was free to roam to the plastics.

I'm not sure why but I thought we paused a bit and Deledio went with GWS. I don't believe we passed on him but we might have.

We've missed a few players that ultimately worked out for us but I wonder what role we really wanted him for?

bulldogtragic
14-03-2017, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure why but I thought we paused a bit and Deledio went with GWS. I don't believe we passed on him but we might have.

We've missed a few players that ultimately worked out for us but I wonder what role we really wanted him for?

That's a good question. I'd guess with the flexible types, the closest thing would be Suckling or JJ's role, and I'd have both ahead of him. We would have had to play one less inside/outside mid.

It's interesting the last two years. We didn't pull off these two first round trades and have ended up with Dunkley, Collins & English. Lord almighty that's worked out well for us.

With Dal's record, we should be really playing the free agency market as hard as we can if its about bringing in mature talent.

Bulldog Joe
14-03-2017, 09:59 PM
That's a good question. I'd guess with the flexible types, the closest thing would be Suckling or JJ's role, and I'd have both ahead of him. We would have had to play one less inside/outside mid.

It's interesting the last two years. We didn't pull off these two first round trades and have ended up with Dunkley, Collins & English. Lord almighty that's worked out well for us.

With Dal's record, we should be really playing the free agency market as hard as we can if its about bringing in mature talent.

I know you have regularly pushed the free agent barrow, but I find that confusing when we look at Dal's record.

The free agency path puts increased pressure on the salary cap, but going to the draft allows a continual renewal with cheaper emerging talent.

If we draft and develop we can afford to spend the dollars on retaining our talent.

Why not let Dalrymple do his thing picking the eyes out of the draft and allow are trading to be based around just improving the picks he has to work with.

MrMahatma
14-03-2017, 10:26 PM
I know you have regularly pushed the free agent barrow, but I find that confusing when we look at Dal's record.

The free agency path puts increased pressure on the salary cap, but going to the draft allows a continual renewal with cheaper emerging talent.

If we draft and develop we can afford to spend the dollars on retaining our talent.

Why not let Dalrymple do his thing picking the eyes out of the draft and allow are trading to be based around just improving the picks he has to work with.

And whatever we're paying him, double it.

bulldogtragic
14-03-2017, 10:53 PM

I struggle with this a little bit. The teams that have been at the top for some time have used free agency and trade really well. Hawthorn, Geelong & Sydney have done it better than most. Some big dollar players, others not so.

There's little point stockpiling nothing but kids because eventually they leave for better opportunities. It's not just salary cap, it's players getting opportunities or a lack of them and leaving. Losing Hrovat (first rounder) for half a ham sandwich a year later and Higgins (to free agency, a first rounder) for a compo second pick (and others like Hamling & Stevens, we wanted to keep Tutt too) seems to leave us in a constant cycle. This year we will likely see Hamilton & Honeychurch gone, and perhaps another serious offer at Jong, Adams and others.

Free agency can be getting a marquee player, or alternatively getting good talent at a great price and keeping your draft picks. Grabbing Suckling for free and only $330,000 a year was a great move for us. As Waite was for North, Frawley & Vickery may be for Hawks, Betts certainly is at Adelaide etc. Cloke was essentially a free agent too, and only around $220,000. We get to improve our talent profile, and keep our draft picks. Spending 2-4% of the cap extra to bring in talent and keep our picks is surely an advantage. Is 2-4% going to break the bank? Likely not.

I think we agree that Dal and our picks is a great marriage. Where I differ is that I see an offer whereby we give up an end of draft, draft pick for a talented player for a bit extra cap isn't a negative. Two of our arguable Round 1 team are free agents (Clokes being as good as). Whether it's Fyffe type if the cap is increased, or a solid player at good price, I think a strategic use of a talent improving mechanism is a good thing. Evidently, three of the top four sides in 2016 think similarly and to an extent with Suckling & Cloke, we do too.

Bulldog Joe
15-03-2017, 07:21 AM
Suckling and Coke were good pickups that complement the list. At the same time we have also used the draft.

Recent history has Geelong, Hawthorn and particularly North Melbourne, effectively shunning the draft to bring in free agents/high profile trades. I see all 3 as being inferior in 2017 to where they have previously been. I consider all 3 to be not genuine chances this year.

Even Sydney with the high profile recruits have struggled with salary cap space. They have been fortunate with the Academy pickups bringing young talent in. It seems that they elected to go the draft last year, when they were unable to retain Tom Mitchell.

I prefer what we have done, with lower profile needs based mature players. Obviously Tom Boyd was our big play, but we need to avoid the continual expensive free agent approach. I really believe that continual renewal is essential and renewal does not come unless you are adding new growth (that is the draft). The adage is draft for talent and trade for needs.

Twodogs
15-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Suckling and Coke were good pickups that complement the list. At the same time we have also used the draft.

Recent history has Geelong, Hawthorn and particularly North Melbourne, effectively shunning the draft to bring in free agents/high profile trades. I see all 3 as being inferior in 2017 to where they have previously been. I consider all 3 to be not genuine chances this year.

Even Sydney with the high profile recruits have struggled with salary cap space. They have been fortunate with the Academy pickups bringing young talent in. It seems that they elected to go the draft last year, when they were unable to retain Tom Mitchell.

I prefer what we have done, with lower profile needs based mature players. Obviously Tom Boyd was our big play, but we need to avoid the continual expensive free agent approach. I really believe that continual renewal is essential and renewal does not come unless you are adding new growth (that is the draft). The adage is draft for talent and trade for needs.

I agree with the renewal theme BJ. I've just finished Norm Smith's biography and the turnover of players in a team that won five premierships out of six from 1955-60 was pretty high. It's not like he had a core group of 15 players that played in every flag and he squeezed the last drop of talent. He was chopping and changing and bringing kids in each year at the cost of putting established stars' nose out of joint-blokes like Athol Webb and Don Williams left after '59 because Smith wouldn't play Webb as a full forward and Williams started as 19th man in the '59 Grand Final. Most of those years he won those five flags he was putting easily the youngest teams of all the clubs out on the field.

bulldogtragic
15-03-2017, 01:08 PM

To the first point, we agree. Use free agency to bring in talent via free agency and leave Dal with lots of picks. I don't think it's mutually exclusive tough, and that's the advantage teams at the top have to bring in even more talent without parting picks. Next year if 6 players are moved, and two rookie upgrades occur a free agent would cost us effectively a 6th rounder (circa pick 90-100). That leaves Dal with 1st, 2nd & North's third rounder and a first and second round rookie draft picks. Plus a free agent that Bevo & JMac rate. I don't think holding onto pick 100 if we rate a free agent and they fit in the salary cap is a negative. On the contrary, pick 100 is an unknown quantity, but the free agent will impact right away while the window is wide open.

On the trade point, yep, however free agency allows us to keep all our draft picks (except our last spot, 90-100+) and top up on talent. Instead of trading for need, why not where available use free agency for address need and keep picks for Dal and the players we want to keep? It's worked well the last two years in getting a running outside premiership player with a beautiful kick and then (effectively) a premiership/All Australian/leading goal kicking CHF/FF. So free agency has made our list better and I think it can continue to by grabbing the right player, at the right price and keeping decent picks for Dal.

Being an advocate for free agency doesn't mean only targeting Fyffe, Dangerfield, Dusty, Buddy types. That said, if our salary cap banking is still there (I'm certain it is) that was destined for Hurley, then we should be exploring all free agent options especially when the salary cap increases. The club was obviously confident in 2016 that going ahead it could spend circa $800,000 on a player for 5 years and also continue to sign up all our kids over this 5 year period. So a bank of salary cap and free agency rules that allow us to keep high picks and get the player we want, to me seems like a good situation to be in.

KT31
16-03-2017, 09:50 AM
I agree with the renewal theme BJ. I've just finished Norm Smith's biography and the turnover of players in a team that won five premierships out of six from 1955-60 was pretty high. It's not like he had a core group of 15 players that played in every flag and he squeezed the last drop of talent. He was chopping and changing and bringing kids in each year at the cost of putting established stars' nose out of joint-blokes like Athol Webb and Don Williams left after '59 because Smith wouldn't play Webb as a full forward and Williams started as 19th man in the '59 Grand Final. Most of those years he won those five flags he was putting easily the youngest teams of all the clubs out on the field.

I prefer to see it from '54, as five from seven.;)

Seriously though, Smith's record of 8 Granfinals in 11 years, with a 6/2 record is just simply fer-nominal.

Bulldog Joe
16-03-2017, 11:06 AM
BT
We are possibly in vehement agreement.

I do not want to see the club blowing cap space on expensive free agents, or trading our way out of the draft.

My thinking is that we need 3 picks each year, and if we could trade to get those in the first 2 rounds, we should remain well placed for the now and the future. We need the Sydney mindset of always challenging.

We do not want to be losing the talent we have developed unless we have already got the replacement available.

Dry Rot
18-03-2017, 01:56 AM
Something odd with our Round 2 opponents?

Papley and Rohan on the long term injury list, but only out for a dew weeks, Heeney is not on the list but will be out for longer.

Whats going on there?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

ledge
18-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Something odd with our Round 2 opponents?

Papley and Rohan on the long term injury list, but only out for a dew weeks, Heeney is not on the list but will be out for longer.

Whats going on there?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

Maybe you can Only have two replaced and they already claimed the two on Papley and Rohan, once one comes back they keep in which of the two they prefer to stay in to replace Heeney .

jeemak
18-03-2017, 01:23 PM
BT
We are possibly in vehement agreement.

I do not want to see the club blowing cap space on expensive free agents, or trading our way out of the draft.

My thinking is that we need 3 picks each year, and if we could trade to get those in the first 2 rounds, we should remain well placed for the now and the future. We need the Sydney mindset of always challenging.

We do not want to be losing the talent we have developed unless we have already got the replacement available.

Sure we need the Sydney mindset of always challenging, now how can we convince head office to turn a blind eye to our salary cap over a long period of time?

I have read through your respective posts, and there's not a huge difference in message - you're just getting there via different means.

My concern with free agency is over spending and hampering the management of ongoing demands of a rising playing group. We are going to see other clubs place significant contract offers on the table for all of Macrae, Stringer, Dahlhaus, JJ, Hunter, Bontempelli, Liberatore and Daniel who will all prove to be excellent to elite by the end of the season or in the very short term. In Wallis and McLean we have two more who could fit into that category not long afterwards. Salary cap increase aside, we need to manage our pennies very closely over time and where possible, extend contracts sooner rather than later.

This leads me to believe our sweet spot in free agency is going to be when good - not necessarily elite - players actually choose us as a destination club, much like Cloke has, in order to get amongst our culture and have a crack at success. I think this is probably where we can find value, and if we put in another very strong year this year we'll be one of those clubs.

bulldogtragic
18-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Sure we need the Sydney mindset of always challenging, now how can we convince head office to turn a blind eye to our salary cap over a long period of time?

I have read through your respective posts, and there's not a huge difference in message - you're just getting there via different means.

My concern with free agency is over spending and hampering the management of ongoing demands of a rising playing group. We are going to see other clubs place significant contract offers on the table for all of Macrae, Stringer, Dahlhaus, JJ, Hunter, Bontempelli, Liberatore and Daniel who will all prove to be excellent to elite by the end of the season or in the very short term. In Wallis and McLean we have two more who could fit into that category not long afterwards. Salary cap increase aside, we need to manage our pennies very closely over time and where possible, extend contracts sooner rather than later.

This leads me to believe our sweet spot in free agency is going to be when good - not necessarily elite - players actually choose us as a destination club, much like Cloke has, in order to get amongst our culture and have a crack at success. I think this is probably where we can find value, and if we put in another very strong year this year we'll be one of those clubs.

Correct. Say if Adams leaves and we need/want a mature KPD, free agency this year opens up options such as Trengrove, Schoenmakers, Hansen, McKenzie & Mackie, among others to inject into the team and keep our draft picks for Dal. We don't particularly need to look at mids, rucks or forwards unless someone pops up at a great price (Bruest?).

I'm not sure we'd go that hard at a Fyfe or Fyfe type, but if the club can juggle it with the cap increase and our banking, I'm happy back JMac and our number crunchers. As you say, another very good year and we should be able to look at getting a decent player while keeping our picks.

1eyedog
18-03-2017, 02:00 PM
Such is the astuteness of Dal with regards to our list requirements and game plan development and implementation by Bevo that I don't think we need to entice elite, or even very good talent. Hamling was a very speculative selection and trending at below average as an AFL player, yet he became a great role player and a premiership player.

I agree with Jeemak that on-going success brings greater opportunities for the club in terms of the free agency pool and if we can line up enough good, solid players who are interested in a strong culture and having extended opportunities at playing finals (Crameri, Cloke, Suckling etc.) we should be well-placed at the pointy end of the season. All the while of course maintaining and developing our high end draft picks.

Our priority really needs to be internally focused on our young, premiership guns. We really need to keep this group together for another 5 years.

aker39
20-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Round 1 - Collingwood missing Wells, De Goey, Elliott & Greenwood.

bulldogtragic
20-03-2017, 12:56 PM

That's got to hurt them. A lot more pressure on Pendles (whose got a niggle) & Treloar to make the most of Grundy's likely ruck advantage around stoppages.

Twodogs
20-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Is WHE likely to play? He's at Collingwood now isn't he?

Hotdog60
20-03-2017, 07:41 PM
Campbell will play so Grundy won't have it all his own way.

LostDoggy
20-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Is WHE likely to play? He's at Collingwood now isn't he?

Yep.

bornadog
21-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Campbell will play so Grundy won't have it all his own way.

but will he play?

1eyedog
21-03-2017, 10:31 AM

Yep we just need Ben Reid to provide the obligatory hamstring twang midway through the first and we're cooking with gas.

Ozza
21-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Good to see Collingwood running into the season with some controversy. There is a lot of talk this morning that de Goey has given Collingwood a bullsh1t excuse for breaking his hand.

Bulldog4life
21-03-2017, 01:29 PM
but will he play?

Last I heard Bevo said he would need a couple of games in the VFL. Whether that has changed or not we will have to wait and see.

Axe Man
21-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Good to see Collingwood running into the season with some controversy. There is a lot of talk this morning that de Goey has given Collingwood a bullsh1t excuse for breaking his hand.

Confirmed. What a stupid story to make up.

Jordan De Goey lied to Collingwood about how he broke his hand
(http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/jordan-de-goey-lied-to-collingwood-about-how-he-broke-his-hand/news-story/6933e821c8b740ce9693fbcf0fbe5581)
COLLINGWOOD star Jordan De Goey is facing disciplinary action after lying to his club about how he injured his hand.
The midfielder told the Pies he broke his hand while playing with his dog, but it was revealed on Tuesday morning he did so after getting involved in an altercation while out celebrating his 21st birthday on Friday night, according to Fox Sports.

Coach Nathan Buckley was unaware of this when he addressed the media on Monday, repeating the youngster’s tale to journalists.

“You won’t believe me ... he was playing with his dog,” Buckley said. “If we don’t laugh, we’ll cry about it — or I will, anyway.

“He was playing with his dog and he went to throw a toy — it wasn’t a frisbee. He caught his hand on the edge of a door, a door handle.”

That De Goey was celebrating his 21st birthday over the weekend cast doubt over his initial explanation. Melbourne Demons legend Garry Lyon said on Tuesday before the news broke honesty was always the best policy, even if it involved misbehaviour on the player’s part.

“I’m 100 per cent convinced that’s what Bucks believes to be the case, and I’ve got no information to suggest otherwise,” Lyon said. “(But) if you’re the club, you must have an environment where that player comes up and says, ‘Listen, I was out last night (and) this happened, I was driving my car (and) this happened.’ You will not keep that stuff under wraps anymore.”

They proved to be prophetic words just hours before De Goey’s crime was made public knowledge.
Sports broadcaster Francis Leach said the decision to lie was just plain “dumb”.

“It’s dumb beyond belief to use that cover story,” Leach said on SEN Afternoons. “It’s a lie the size of Mount Everest and it undercuts the values of the football club in 2017. He torches it.”

His lie brings back memories of another incident at Collingwood in 2008 involving Alan Didak and Heath Shaw.

Shaw crashed into parked cars while driving intoxicated but the pair denied Didak was in the vehicle too, prompting a famously vigorouos defence from president Eddie McGuire. “Didak will be accused of the Kennedy shooting next,” McGuire said.

But the truth came out and Didak and Shaw were both suspended for the rest of the season.

“Who will ever forget Eddie McGuire standing up and defending Heath Shaw and Alan Didak in the most vehement (fashion)?” Lyon said. “He was sold a pup by Didak and Shaw at the time about a crash and fleeing the scene.

“Since that time, every club went back to their players and said, ‘Listen, just don’t do it. Front up, get it over with (and) we’ll deal with it.’

“Every person out there in the public has a phone, every phone has a camera and they’re all going to talk, and you’re not going to get away with it.”

Former Melbourne forward David Schwarz doubted De Goey’s tale from the beginning, suspecting there was more to the story than met the eye on Monday.

“I might be putting two and two together and getting six, but there’s plenty of smoke there,” Schwarz said on SEN’s The Run Home.

“I put this to you. He can avoid six tacklers yet he can’t throw a toy near a door without breaking his hand.

“I don’t think we are hearing everything.

“If Bucks finds out he is lying to him he makes Bucks look like a fool and puts pressure on him straight away.”

De Goey will meet with Buckley and Collingwood football boss Geoff Walsh today.

There are calls for the club to come down hard on the rookie, who has already broken a promise he made to Buckley the night he was drafted. The Herald Sun uncovered the conversation that’s now come back to haunt De Goey.

“I saw my name in a couple of mock drafts going to Collingwood so I was obviously pretty excited about that and wishing that was going to come through. To finally see that today was unbelievable,” De Goey said.

“When I met Nathan Buckley on stage, obviously it was a massive whirlwind. I said to him, ‘I’ll never let you down.’ That’s something I live by and I won’t let the Collingwood fans down.”

bornadog
21-03-2017, 02:35 PM
De Goey has copped a 3 match ban to commence when his broken hand has healed - plus $5k fine from the club.

Topdog
21-03-2017, 02:40 PM
De Goey has copped a 3 match ban plus $5k fine from the club.

So after he returns from injury? He'd probably spend 2 weeks in the VFL anyway

bornadog
21-03-2017, 02:43 PM
So after he returns from injury? He'd probably spend 2 weeks in the VFL anyway

I just read: to commence when his broken hand has healed.

Bulldog4life
21-03-2017, 03:44 PM
I just read: to commence when his broken hand has healed.

Out for 6 I just read

bornadog
21-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Out for 6 I just read

Includes injury time. Suspension is 3 matches

Happy Days
21-03-2017, 04:07 PM
So where's Robbo to say that he heard De Goey actually glassed someone instead? Did his Bigfooty account get banned?

Bulldog4life
21-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Includes injury time. Suspension is 3 matches

Yep 3 weeks suspension

bornadog
21-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Scott Lycett and Nick Nat both on long term injury list. Drew Petrie Rookie upgrade.

bulldogtragic
21-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Scott Lycett and Nick Nat both on long term injury list. Drew Petrie Rookie upgrade.

When do we play them?

bornadog
21-03-2017, 05:30 PM
When do we play them?

Round 8 in Perth

bulldogtragic
21-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Round 8 in Perth

If we shut McGovern down again he can help out in the ruck, again.

LostDoggy
21-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Round2-Sydney Swans-Gary Rohan out till Rd.8

bulldogtragic
22-03-2017, 02:08 AM
Round2-Sydney Swans-Gary Rohan out till Rd.8

Bugger. So they'll play 22 actual players against us... :D

aker39
27-03-2017, 03:18 PM
Round 2 - Sydney Swans
Dane Rampe out with broken arm

ratsmac
27-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Round 2 - Sydney Swans

Is that the evenerupper for Moz being out for the GF replay

bulldogtragic
27-03-2017, 04:32 PM
Round 2 - Sydney Swans

Will be a different looking Sydney side to the GF with Rampe, Heeney, Rohan & McVeigh out (and X. Richards).

Mofra
27-03-2017, 04:33 PM
No Xav Richards, no swans

bulldogtragic
27-03-2017, 04:39 PM
No Xav Richards, no swans

Michael Talia just texted me Sydney's solution to not having Richards and Rohan. He said there's a couple of old witches hats in an SCG utility room ready to debut this week.

I know I'm worried these witches hats will provide a shitload more than Richards & Rohan. Over to Bevo now.

aker39
27-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Round 4 North Melbourne
Jarrad Waite out for 6 weeks

Ozza
27-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Round 4 North Melbourne
Jarrad Waite out for 6 weeks

Don't want to wish injuries on anyone...but Waite has a pretty good record against us. He's an unreliable player - but an occasional match winner.

aker39
27-03-2017, 05:25 PM
Don't want to wish injuries on anyone...but Waite has a pretty good record against us. He's an unreliable player - but an occasional match winner.

He kicked 1.7 on the weekend so clearly got plenty of it.

SlimPickens
27-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Did anyone else watch the GWS game yesterday. To me they looked lazy and disinterested at times, will be interesting to see how they back up. But if they think it's just going to "happen", well we all know how that ends.

ledge
27-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Will be a different looking Sydney side to the GF with Rampe, Heeney, Rohan & McVeigh out (and X. Richards).

Also Mitchell went to the Hawks

bornadog
27-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Jarrad Waite out for 4-6 weeks, so will miss Good Friday

bulldogtragic
27-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Also Mitchell went to the Hawks

Good get. So 6 of 22 from GF day won't play, four of them guns/very good players.

Bulldog Joe
27-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Good get. So 6 of 22 from GF day won't play, four of them guns/very good players.

Only Mitchell, Rampe and Heeney were good players on GF day.

McVeigh was as ineffective as Rohan and Richards. They have also replaced McGlynn and Papley is out injured. Although they lose nothing from the GF side with those players missing.

Sydney have effectively lost 8 from the GF but it includes 5 of their worst players on that day.

bulldogtragic
27-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Only Mitchell, Rampe and Heeney were good players on GF day.

McVeigh was as ineffective as Rohan and Richards. They have also replaced McGlynn and Papley is out injured. Although they lose nothing from the GF side with those players missing.

Sydney have effectively lost 8 from the GF but it includes 5 of their worst players on that day.

I think my main point (at least to me) was that it's a very different side we are facing this week, with the two extra names you mention they're only playing 14 (at best) from the GF. Some guns being out helps, but I imagine with wholesale changes in their personnel they're going to be quite different to play. Not least of which we don't have Hamling & Morris on Buddy.

Dry Rot
27-03-2017, 09:53 PM
How long is Rampe out for?

Big blow for the Swans - excellent player.

LostDoggy
27-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Did anyone else watch the GWS game yesterday. To me they looked lazy and disinterested at times, will be interesting to see how they back up. But if they think it's just going to "happen", well we all know how that ends.

Agree SP.
Noticed that even after any GWS player kicked a goal that there was no enthusiasm or players getting around the goal kicker to gee themselves up.
It looked like something was weighing heavily on their shoulders for the past 6 months ;)

Dry Rot
28-03-2017, 01:07 AM
Round 2 - Sydney Swans

Link?

Dry Rot
28-03-2017, 01:10 AM
Link?

No probs just found it.

What an odd injury!

DragzLS1
28-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Heard Hannebery didn't pull up well after the game had some soreness in the knee that was hurt GF day but should be right to play us this week regardless. Wonder if that could impact his performance on the harder etihad surface.

Happy Days
28-03-2017, 02:56 PM
So not that it affects us in any way, seeing as we don't play them until a bit later on, but Shai Bolton from Richmond has been suspended for 1 week in the VFL for belting someone in a practice match. The only problem is that the VFL doesn't start for another 3 weeks, meaning he can't serve his suspension until that time, leaving him ineligible for AFL selection until round 5.

#justrichmondthings I guess.

bornadog
02-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Goldstein out today, hopefully in doubt for next week.

Birchall out for at least 6 weeks.

bulldogtragic
02-04-2017, 02:35 PM

Who do North play next week?

ledge
02-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Who do North play next week?

GWS at Blundstone arena

GVGjr
02-04-2017, 02:47 PM

We play them in 2 weeks :)

boydogs
02-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Goldstein out today, hopefully in doubt for next week

Just did an ankle at training, was still selected but then a late withdrawal this week but will probably be OK for next week let alone round 4 when we play them. His stand-in Preuss got reported as well so they may be forced to play him

Doc26
02-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Scott Thompson's well renowned thuggery should see him get a couple if the MRP have any credibility.
Intentional forearm to the head of Dangerfield, who was lying on the ground at a stoppage, is true to this thug's form.
Danger was quite distressed by it but eventually picked himself up like the champ he is.

comrade
02-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Scott Thompson's well renowned thuggery should see him get a couple if the MRP have any credibility.
Intentional forearm to the head of Dangerfield, who was lying on the ground at a stoppage, is true to this thug's form.
Danger was quite distressed by it but eventually picked himself up like the champ he is.

He should get 2 which is a damn shame. He was BOG for Geelong today.

bornadog
02-04-2017, 11:49 PM
We play them in 2 weeks :)

Maybe he will be out for two more weeks. :o

westdog54
03-04-2017, 11:57 AM

2 should be a minimum. Intentional, low impact to the head.

Happy Days
03-04-2017, 12:11 PM
2 should be a minimum. Intentional, low impact to the head.

I'd give him at least 4. As formulaic as they would like it to be, there has to be some sort of punitive aspect to the MRP. What he did was properly disgusting.

bornadog
23-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Mark LeCras out for several weeks.

Twodogs
24-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Mark LeCras out for several weeks.

The Frenchman? Bloody cheese eating surrender monkeys.;) (I know its rude but its also a very funny line.)

Ozza
26-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Will be interesting to see how their captain, Shannon Hurn comes up from that heavy concussion. Looked very ordinary.

We'd obviously prefer he didn't play - but you'd also like to think that they wouldn't fly a bloke over here less than 7 days after that sort of a head knock.

Mantis
26-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Be nice if Hurn & Kennedy miss.

Scraggers
26-06-2017, 12:55 PM

I'm hearing both will line up ... unfortunately

Twodogs
26-06-2017, 06:48 PM

We need a Bugger It button

The Adelaide Connection
26-06-2017, 11:11 PM
There might be some very good news re: Kennedy and Hurn:

WEST Coast coach Adam Simpson was "a bit surprised" Will Schofield was offered a one-match ban for striking Clayton Oliver, and says the Eagles are weighing-up challenging the sanction.

Meanwhile, dual Coleman medallist Josh Kennedy (calf/Achilles) has been ruled out of Saturday's crunch away game against the Western Bulldogs, and skipper Shannon Hurn is also doubtful after a heavy hit from Jack Viney.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-26/eagles-consider-challenging-schofield-ban

Scraggers
27-06-2017, 06:49 PM

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-27/star-eagles-trio-ruled-out-against-bulldogs

Very happy to stand corrected :cool:

Obviously my mate at the Eagles was just giving me herbs !!!

Remi Moses
27-06-2017, 08:41 PM
How on earth did Houli only get two?
Chooklotto

Twodogs
28-06-2017, 12:49 AM
How on earth did Houli only get two?
Chooklotto

He only knocked him into the middle of next week. If it had been the week after he would have been in real trouble.

He deserved five weeks at least.

Scraggers
29-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Matt Priddis didn't travel with Eagles. Sharod Wellingham or debutant Luke Partington likely to take his place.

Lycett also a big chance to play. That means they will be super tall (Lycett/Vardy/Petrie)

Twodogs
29-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Matt Priddis didn't travel with Eagles. Sharod Wellingham or debutant Luke Partington likely to take his place.

Lycett also a big chance to play. That means they will be super tall (Lycett/Vardy/Petrie)

Going by those names they are going super shit too! Although Petrie kicked a bag last week didn't he?

jeemak
29-06-2017, 06:47 PM
Going by those names they are going super shit too! Although Petrie kicked a bag last week didn't he?

Depends on what you classify as a bag. I've always said four, others insist it's five.

LostDoggy
29-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Bag = 5+ for me

Twodogs
29-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Depends on what you classify as a bag. I've always said four, others insist it's five.

Bag = 5+ for me

There was once a time when I would have nominated 6 as a bag but players kicking big totals is as rare as North winning close games these days. Although Jack Riewoldt kicked ten a couple of years ago.

I'd say 5 is a bag these days, maybe even 4 could be considered one.

bornadog
04-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Tom Lynch (Crows) and Kyle Hartigan won't be playing

Happy Days
04-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Tom Lynch (Crows) and Kyle Hartigan won't be playing

Damn. There goes any chance Stringer had to return to form.

bornadog
04-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Damn. There goes any chance Stringer had to return to form.

Kyle Cheney also out. :D

bornadog
10-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Patrick Cripps, fractured Fibula, will miss the rest of the season

GVGjr
10-07-2017, 07:39 PM

He's had such a good season, cruel for the player.

ratsmac
10-07-2017, 08:51 PM

I was happy for him to miss 1 week but that is just terrible for him. He is a gun.

westdog54
10-07-2017, 09:37 PM
I'd love to know what was ACTUALLY said between Clayton Oliver and that idiot Carlton fan.

FWIW I'm glad he bit back. If you're going to dish it out you shouldn't complain when it is turned back at you.

azabob
31-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Jeremy Cameron from the Giants to miss three weeks with a hamstring. We play them in two weeks!

bornadog
31-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Jeremy Cameron from the Giants to miss three weeks with a hamstring. We play them in two weeks!

Good, another punchable face missing

bornadog
03-08-2017, 06:14 PM

Mark Stevens reporting Patton may have hammy issues. :) - let's hope he is out for a few weeks as well

ratsmac
03-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Mark Stevens reporting Patton may have hammy issues. :) - let's hope he is out for a few weeks as well

It's about time we get to play a weakened team. We seem to get teams at their strongest while we are missing key players. Except for West Coast, they had heaps out and we all know how that turned out.

I'm still pissed off that Green and Patton kicked those low percentage goals from the boundary to beat us last time while we couldn't kick over a jam tin. So I'm happy to beat them any way how.

ledge
03-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Apparently Malthouse back to Collingwood as football director .
Interesting isn't that the job he refused when he was given the flick as coach?

bornadog
03-08-2017, 07:32 PM
that rumour has been denied by Eddie

GVGjr
03-08-2017, 08:08 PM
that rumour has been denied by Eddie

I think Gubby Allan will be back though

macca
03-08-2017, 11:44 PM
I think Gubby Allan will be back though

Please let that happen. It will add to the circus

Twodogs
04-08-2017, 04:05 AM

Yes, that's what Collingwood needs, A grumpy old man who isn't sure what his role is and is constantly overstepping it hanging around.

That'll fix everything.

ledge
04-08-2017, 05:18 AM
Yes, that's what Collingwood needs, A grumpy old man who isn't sure what his role is and is constantly overstepping it hanging around.

That'll fix everything.
They have one in Eddie let's make it two.
We can only hope :-)

Bulldog4life
06-08-2017, 02:06 PM
If Mummy misses....which he should.....it will be a big plus for us.

Twodogs
06-08-2017, 02:12 PM
If Mummy misses....which he should.....it will be a big plus for us.

A real big plus. Who are their back up ruckmen?

azabob
06-08-2017, 02:37 PM
A real big plus. Who are their back up ruckmen?

Dawson Simpson played the other week when Mumford missed.

ledge
06-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Might use Lobbe.

Twodogs
06-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Might use Lobbe.

I hope they do, as a ruckman Rory Lobe makes a great tall forward.

azabob
06-08-2017, 04:00 PM
I hope they do, as a ruckman Rory Lobe makes a great tall forward.

Leon Cameron is on record saying Lobe is their next ruckman when Mumford retires.

Twodogs
06-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Leon Cameron is on record saying Lobe is their next ruckman when Mumford retires.

OK. In all seriousness I worry for Leon. Some of the things he says don't make a lot of sense.

Lobe is a good player but I don't think I've seen him do a lot of ruckwork.

Remi Moses
06-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Boy oh boy wow wee , love a dollar every time the eagles kicked a goal from defensive transition

bornadog
06-08-2017, 05:13 PM
OK. In all seriousness I worry for Leon. Some of the things he says don't make a lot of sense.

Lobe is a good player but I don't think I've seen him do a lot of ruckwork.

Rory Lobb, is the 2nd ruck and averages 10 to 12 a game .

Twodogs
06-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Rory Lobb, is the 2nd ruck and averages 10 to 12 a game .

Lobe is the useless one from port then?

bornadog
06-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Lobe is the useless one from port then?

Yes, Lobbe - the almost a Bulldog, but couldn't get the paperwork done on time. Thank god for that one.

Twodogs
06-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Yes, Lobbe - the almost a Bulldog, but couldn't get the paperwork done on time. Thank god for that one.

He was OS and they couldn't get his consent in time is why the paperwork was late praise be to God.

ratsmac
06-08-2017, 05:36 PM
He was OS and they couldn't get his consent in time is why the paperwork was late praise be to God.

What are you talking about, with all our injuries Footscray are desperate for a ruckman :p

azabob
06-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Reports that Joel Sellwood to miss the remainder of the home & away season.

bornadog
06-08-2017, 06:30 PM

Good news, shouldn't have tried to duck into the Buddy tackle.

bulldogtragic
06-08-2017, 06:42 PM

Oh no. That makes me sad. :(

The emoticon proves it. Sad!

Twodogs
06-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Oh no. That makes me sad. :(

The emoticon proves it. Sad!

@devestated.

ledge
06-08-2017, 07:07 PM

They said he will struggle to make the first final .. Their is no guarantee Geelong will make the finals !

bulldogtragic
06-08-2017, 07:19 PM
They said he will struggle to make the first final .. Their is no guarantee Geelong will make the finals !

Step 1. Tag Danger.
Step 2. Win easily.

ledge
06-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Port showing the huge soft underbelly they have when the hard stuff is applied.
Huge amount of front runners in that squad.

bulldogtragic
07-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Oh no. First Selwood now this from the Courier Mail:

Ryan Griffen’s Round 3 syndesmosis flared again and still has him four weeks away.

bornadog
07-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Oh no. First Selwood now this from the Courier Mail:

Ryan Griffen’s Round 3 syndesmosis flared again and still has him four weeks away.

I was looking forward to booing him again. :D

Mantis
07-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Is Patton a likely starter? Sounded like it was pre-cautionary that he missed on the weekend.

bornadog
07-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Is Patton a likely starter? Sounded like it was pre-cautionary that he missed on the weekend.

On Sunday, Leon said he would be playing, but I guess it will depend on how he trains.

Twodogs
07-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Step 1. Tag Danger.
Step 2. Win easily.

It's a pity we can't figure that one out.

Axe Man
07-08-2017, 06:06 PM
I was looking forward to booing him again. :D

Were you planning on attending a NEAFL game? ;) He would definitely have heard you since you would have been the only person there!

ratsmac
07-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Rumors that Richmond have offered Dusty 1.2 million for 7 years.
OMG 7 years. He's 26 now so he'll be getting 1.2 mill as as 33 year old mid. Wowee!!

boydogs
07-08-2017, 09:55 PM
OMG 7 years. He's 26 now so he'll be getting 1.2 mill as as 33 year old mid. Wowee!!

That's probably about right under the new salary cap for the brownlow medallist. $1.2m at 33 probably not the right way to look at it, it would be more in the early years, unless a different distribution works best with their salary cap from year to year

ledge
08-08-2017, 05:51 AM

Do what we did with Boyd. Front end it.

Remi Moses
12-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Blimey, wouldn't want to be facing Sydney in a final

Twodogs
13-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Blimey, wouldn't want to be facing Sydney in a final

I wouldn't mind facing anybody in a final at this stage.

Bulldog4life
13-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Anyone else see Wines clip a Collingwood player in the jaw earlier in the game. Looks at least one week penalty

Hotdog60
13-08-2017, 08:01 PM
He'll get low impact and a fine just for us.

mjp
13-08-2017, 08:50 PM

Yeah - but what will the salary cap be in 7 or so years? With all of the long-term contracts, they generally work out to be a great deal for the TEAM as long as the player doesn't get injured...what would Buddy be worth on the open market now if he had just signed with the Swans for 3 years? More than the supposed 1.2 he is on that's for sure...