PDA

View Full Version : 15 days to go until we embark on our premiership defence

Eastdog
09-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Well the pre season is done and dusted for us for 2017 and we got a win in the last game of the pre season and showed lots of great signs going into the real stuff in the 2nd half of the final match. How are we feeling after our pre season?

As the season draws closer I plan to sit down and watch the GF again. A great way to remind myself on what we achieved last year and the hope of doing it again. Will be again special if we make another GF and witness Grand final week all over again and go back to back.

Go Dogs!!

FrediKanoute
09-03-2017, 10:48 PM
I think we are underdone coming into the season. Fully expect us to be 2 wins-3 losses after the first 5 rounds and all and sundry writing us off. We will then embark on a 19 game winning streak

Twodogs
09-03-2017, 11:34 PM
I think we are underdone coming into the season. Fully expect us to be 2 wins-3 losses after the first 5 rounds and all and sundry writing us off. We will then embark on a 19 game winning streak

Sydney in round 2 will be on the same training schedule but if Buckley isn't preparing a plan that revolves around the pies running us off our legs in round 1 then he's as silly as he looks.

1eyedog
10-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Sydney in round 2 will be on the same training schedule but if Buckley isn't preparing a plan that revolves around the pies running us off our legs in round 1 then he's as silly as he looks.

They don't have run out of the back half to really catch our defenders out up forward. The game will eventually bend to our will and I'm optimistic about a first up win.

I think we'll ride on the emotion of the flag unfurl, a massive crowd etc. and edge out the Swans at home.

We then have Freo, Norf and Brisbane and I would expect to win them all. I'm gunning for 5/0 and on top after 5 games.

Mofra
10-03-2017, 11:32 AM
They don't have run out of the back half to really catch our defenders out up forward. The game will eventually bend to our will and I'm optimistic about a first up win.
I like their midfield, really don't think much of the Pies defence.
Reid and Dunn are their KPDs unless they play GCS delistee Schade (we used to like him, but he has regressed) or Keeffe who is big but I'm not sold on.

Howe at 190cm can play tall I guess but he marks well and not much else.

Eastdog
11-03-2017, 06:44 PM

I think we'll ride on the emotion of the flag unfurl, a massive crowd etc. and edge out the Swans at home.

We then have Freo, Norf and Brisbane and I would expect to win them all. I'm gunning for 5/0 and on top after 5 games.

Huge potential for a great start. Will have tough games but our group now has that experience (meaning our last finals campaign)/confidence to get through those type of games and get results.

Webby
18-03-2017, 12:31 AM
Actually sitting watching the GF for the umpteenth time this evening. Geez we were good, however I lost count of the times we went long to our forward line only for Grundy, Rampe, Rohan or Naismith to take overhead defensive marks.

In hindsight thinking "Geez, if we had a Cloke or a Redpath up there, I reckon that one would've come to ground."

I think we'll be better this year..

Eastdog
18-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Actually sitting watching the GF for the umpteenth time this evening. Geez we were good, however I lost count of the times we went long to our forward line only for Grundy, Rampe, Rohan or Naismith to take overhead defensive marks.

In hindsight thinking "Geez, if we had a Cloke or a Redpath up there, I reckon that one would've come to ground."

I think we'll be better this year..

Yes looking forward to Redpath coming back. We have a very healthy forward line now with the potential to kick big scores.

S Coast Simon
19-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Can't wait to see Cloke roaming around the ground taking big grabs and delivering to the boys up forward. I also think we will be better this year.

LostDoggy
19-03-2017, 11:17 PM
5 Days to Go!!!!!!!!
;)

Eastdog
20-03-2017, 01:29 PM
5 Days to Go!!!!!!!!
;)

It is almost back!

Eastdog
20-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Can't wait to see Cloke roaming around the ground taking big grabs and delivering to the boys up forward. I also think we will be better this year.

He has showed very good signs during the pre season and was a big plus in the first pre season game at Whitten Oval. Was great watching at Whitten Oval when he scored that goal.

LostDoggy
21-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Got together with some more Adelaide based bulldogs on Sunday to re-qatch the GF triumph.

Now as reigning premiers we start our defense.

Tipping a slow start against Follywood then coming over the top.

Flying over with the missus to Round 2 as has been the plan for a while but picked up Medallion club tickets from a business partner.

Any tips on making the most of the medallion club?

Any advice on what my social club membership can provide on a home game day?

Is there anything on at the home base on Saturday? Is the cup sitting in Barkers? Might pop in for a coffee..

bornadog
21-03-2017, 12:20 PM

If you want you can book into the restaurant in the Medallion Club. It is usually a buffet carvery, with plenty to eat. On the social club front - well if you are in the Medallion Club, there isn't a reason to go the Victory Room (unless you are catching up with someone)

1eyedog
21-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Got together with some more Adelaide based bulldogs on Sunday to re-qatch the GF triumph.

Now as reigning premiers we start our defense.

Tipping a slow start against Follywood then coming over the top.

Flying over with the missus to Round 2 as has been the plan for a while but picked up Medallion club tickets from a business partner.

Is there anything on at the home base on Saturday? Is the cup sitting in Barkers? Might pop in for a coffee..

I go to the Woolshed across the road, better food and bigger range of beers.

LostDoggy
21-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Thanks guys, we will pop in the woolshed first but planned to head to the victory room after anyway for a catch up.

1eyedog
21-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks guys, we will pop in the woolshed first but planned to head to the victory room after anyway for a catch up.

Etihad is horribly over-expensive. The Woolshed's mid-range but food sizes are generous and consistently good.

LostDoggy
23-03-2017, 02:14 PM

I hope your right. When was the last time the reigning premiers started 5-0? I'd be content with a 3-2 start and work into it.