Melbourne v Carlton MCG 3.20pm

Port Adelaide v Fremantle Adelaide Oval 4.40pm

Remi Moses
30-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Horribly moderate game here tonight

Topdog
30-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Horribly moderate game here tonight

Yeah really awful finishing especially by Collingwood.

Twodogs
30-03-2017, 10:34 PM
Buckley must be close to losing his job. Collingwood are rubbish tonight.

bulldogtragic
30-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Buckley must be close to losing his job. Collingwood are rubbish tonight.

Two 'valiant' losses. He's fine with Eddie for the moment. Their decision to tie up nearly a million a year in Mayne (not great) & Wells (calf injuries still) in aforementioned 'valiant' losses might have the list manager nervous. Spending two first rounders and two second rounders on Treloar & Aish with little around them and allowing mature players to walk out is really confusing as to whether they overestimated their list, overestimated their development, or both.

Mofra
30-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Their decision to tie up nearly a million a year in Mayne (not great) & Wells (calf injuries still) in aforementioned 'valiant' losses might have the list manager nervous.
By media account, Mayne has a 4 year deal at $2m and Wells 3 years at $1.8m.

$500k and $600k = $1.1m per year, or more than Tom Boyd for less output.

Wells gives the Pies nothing - doesn't fill a position of need and will barely get on the park.
Mayne has kicked 1 goal from his last 8 games going into tonight, but is really there for his defensive pressure. They could have traded for Mitch Honeychurch who provides elite defensive forward pressure.

Conclusion - Collingwood are idiots.

Topdog
30-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Where is that bloody rule changes thread??? What a farce this 3rd man up rule has already become

comrade
30-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Rucking in general is just a balls up. Having to nominate is just a cluster****.

And don't get me started on contact below the knees. Grundy went low to win a hard ball, gets cannoned into by his opponent & gives away the free. Ridiculous.

Leave the game alone.

ledge
30-03-2017, 11:08 PM
So Buckley gets rid of Cloke the only forward he had with a tank , they all say he can't kick straight but on tonight's game Cloke wasn't the problem, the whole team can't kick straight .. Look at the cause not the ending !!
Buckley has slowly dismantled a good side , blamed players and got rid of quality players for average players.
Tonight at times they looked like they were playing for themselves not as a team.
Actually trying our style but not the talent to do it.

Twodogs
30-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Two 'valiant' losses. He's fine with Eddie for the moment. Their decision to tie up nearly a million a year in Mayne (not great) & Wells (calf injuries still) in aforementioned 'valiant' losses might have the list manager nervous. Spending two first rounders and two second rounders on Treloar & Aish with little around them and allowing mature players to walk out is really confusing as to whether they overestimated their list, overestimated their development, or both.

Did Payne play tonight?

By media account, Mayne has a 4 year deal at $2m and Wells 3 years at $1.8m.

$500k and $600k = $1.1m per year, or more than Tom Boyd for less output.

Wells gives the Pies nothing - doesn't fill a position of need and will barely get on the park.
Mayne has kicked 1 goal from his last 8 games going into tonight, but is really there for his defensive pressure. They could have traded for Mitch Honeychurch who provides elite defensive forward pressure.

Conclusion - Collingwood are idiots.

Indeed. They couldn't have traded in Honeychurtch. He's not a big enough name.

Bulldog4life
30-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Did Payne play tonight?

Indeed. They couldn't have traded in Honeychurtch. He's not a big enough name.

i think Payne went to Brisbane last year.

Twodogs
31-03-2017, 12:06 AM
So Buckley gets rid of Cloke the only forward he had with a tank , they all say he can't kick straight but on tonight's game Cloke wasn't the problem, the whole team can't kick straight .. Look at the cause not the ending !!
Buckley has slowly dismantled a good side , blamed players and got rid of quality players for average players.
Tonight at times they looked like they were playing for themselves not as a team.
Actually trying our style but not the talent to do it.

It's like he has deliberately dismantled a premiership winning combination that had years together as a core group and taken the club from the top to the bottom of the laser.

Nearly every move he's moved, every change he's made has appeared aimed at making the team a weaker team and that's been born out by the fact that Collingwood have finished lower again for the last four years of his reign.

merantau
31-03-2017, 07:25 AM
I would not like to be in Buckley's shoes if the Pies lose to Carlton in a few weeks time.

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 08:58 AM
I watched a bit of last nights game and it wasn't a great performance by either side. Like last week against us, Collingwood missed their chances and I think it really hurt them last night.

A good start to the season for Richmond and a lousy one for Collingwood.

bornadog
31-03-2017, 09:43 AM
A good start to the season for Richmond and a lousy one for Collingwood.

Hard to tell if the Tigers are going to be any good this year. They certainly have their confidence up, but one thing, games in the first 6 rounds are played very differently to games for the rest of the year. Every year the first few rounds start off free flowing and high scoring, (Tigers love that) but when the pressure is put on, we will see if the Tigers are any good.

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Hard to tell if the Tigers are going to be any good this year. They certainly have their confidence up, but one thing, games in the first 6 rounds are played very differently to games for the rest of the year. Every year the first few rounds start off free flowing and high scoring, (Tigers love that) but when the pressure is put on, we will see if the Tigers are any good.

They haven't answered too many questions but if we were satisfied enough to grab a hard fought win over the Pies last week I could see why Richmond would be happy with last nights result.

Still there is plenty of time for their supporters to cut up their membership cards and send them to Benny Gale after a couple of losses. :)

bornadog
31-03-2017, 10:27 AM
They haven't answered too many questions but if we were satisfied enough to grab a hard fought win over the Pies last week I could see why Richmond would be happy with last nights result.

Still there is plenty of time for their supporters to cut up their membership cards and send them to Benny Gale after a couple of losses. :)

Got a text from a mate this morning gloating they are on top of the ladder. I said enjoy it while you can.

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Got a text from a mate this morning gloating they are on top of the ladder. I said enjoy it while you can.

I don't mind Richmond and it would be a great thing for AFL attendances if they had a strong year but I'm more focused on our own performances and attendances.

I think we have them in round 7.

Twodogs
31-03-2017, 11:21 AM
I don't mind Richmond and it would be a great thing for AFL attendances if they had a strong year but I'm more focused on our own performances and attendances.

I think we have them in round 7.

On last nights performance I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat by 10 goals in round 7. They played in bursts last night and a lot of the time when the game had a bit of tang to it some of their players didn't want to know.

Topdog
31-03-2017, 12:09 PM
On last nights performance I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat by 10 goals in round 7. They played in bursts last night and a lot of the time when the game had a bit of tang to it some of their players didn't want to know.

10 goals is a bit much but yes I don't expect too much from Richmond this year. Doubt they will be gunning for the top 8.

Important to remember that teams like Collingwood and Richmond are about 4-6 weeks ahead of us in preparation (pre season training)

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 12:31 PM
10 goals is a bit much but yes I don't expect too much from Richmond this year. Doubt they will be gunning for the top 8.

Important to remember that teams like Collingwood and Richmond are about 4-6 weeks ahead of us in preparation (pre season training)
I'm not sure what the expiry is on that but how long into the season can we use that reasoning for?

We played a month more than both of those sides last year so over a 2 year period we've probably all done the same amount of work

Mantis
31-03-2017, 01:24 PM

Our round 7 game comes in a tough stretch for us so it will be interesting to see how we approach that game.

Twodogs
31-03-2017, 01:41 PM
Our round 7 game comes in a tough stretch for us so it will be interesting to see how we approach that game.

The bonus is we should be getting Dale Morris back round that stretch sometime.

1eyedog
31-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Collingwood are horrible, Richmond are too actually. There's top line talent making 80% of the plays but it felt like the game was won by second / third tier players (Houli, Griggs, even Ellis did a few things) and Richmond's were simply better. Aish looked like a bad VFL player last night.

LostDoggy
31-03-2017, 02:16 PM
Richmond always win the April Flag. I love when they start well, it makes their eventual demise even better to watch.

comrade
31-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Richmond have a habit of dragging decent teams down to their level. It must be so frustrating to support them.

whythelongface
31-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Richmond always win the April Flag. I love when they start well, it makes their eventual demise even better to watch.

except for last year where they were 1 from 7. But yes agree it is good to see them get their hopes and then plummet into the abyss. Even better still is seeing Collingwood struggle to win early on in the season. Poor Ed and Nath must be starting to feel some pressure.

chef
31-03-2017, 03:57 PM

This.

boydogs
01-04-2017, 03:32 AM
They played in bursts last night

They're good at locking the game down when they need to, and scoring quickly when they need to

Won't make top 4 but they're better than St Kilda and Melbourne IMO as top 8 chances

Twodogs
01-04-2017, 04:39 AM
They're good at locking the game down when they need to, and scoring quickly when they need to

Won't make top 4 but they're better than St Kilda and Melbourne IMO as top 8 chances

Fair point. Agree that they are a better chance than St K and Melbourne to make the eight.

1eyedog
01-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Fair point. Agree that they are a better chance than St K and Melbourne to make the eight.

I don't really rate their list. I think they'll be one of 4 or 5 teams playing for 8th spot. They're likely to lose 5 or 6 in a row at some stage.

Flamethrower
01-04-2017, 11:57 AM
I think Collingwood are fast becoming irrelevant. All thanks to Ed's obsession with FIGJAM.

Remi Moses
01-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Speaking of Eddie
Did anyone hear him say that Bucks had out coached Hardwick and Bevo in the first two weeks?
I kid you not , he said that

Remi Moses
01-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Adelaide running rampant on hawthorn .
Let's see how stickable they are now

SlimPickens
01-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Calling it. Hawks won't make the 8

jeemak
01-04-2017, 05:30 PM
I hope the focus is on the game changing 22-11 free kick count that fell Hawthorn's way. Something really needs to be done about the unfair advantage they receive as it's having a disproportionate impact on results.

1eyedog
01-04-2017, 06:20 PM
GCS and GWS are a blight on the competition for completely different reasons.

Remi Moses
01-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Gold Coast witches hats
Rockets in serious trouble

Remi Moses
01-04-2017, 06:29 PM
I hope the focus is on the game changing 22-11 free kick count that fell Hawthorn's way. Something really needs to be done about the unfair advantage they receive as it's having a disproportionate impact on results.

The poppy free kick was diabolical.

GVGjr
01-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Gold Coast witches hats
Rockets in serious trouble

Rockets got a lot of work to do with this group. The work rate just isn't there.

Hotdog60
01-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Maybe they should have let Gaz go at the end of last season when he had some currency.

SlimPickens
01-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Rockets got a lot of work to do with this group. The work rate just isn't there.

I'm not sure he'll get the chance. Absolutely no way this group is playing for the coach. Today's performance is pathetic.

comrade
01-04-2017, 08:21 PM
100 point loss in round 2 after losing to Brisbane is a coach killer.

Unfortunately, my call is that Rocket will struggle to make it past three middle of the year.

jeemak
01-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Lions have just hit the front after trailing by 34 points at half time, a few minutes into the last.

Hopefully they can take the points.

ledge
01-04-2017, 10:39 PM
This Hipwood kid is going to be an absolute star.

bornadog
01-04-2017, 10:41 PM

First coach gone?

bornadog
01-04-2017, 10:41 PM
This Hipwood kid is going to be an absolute star.

He was impressive in the JLt against us.

GVGjr
01-04-2017, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure he'll get the chance. Absolutely no way this group is playing for the coach. Today's performance is pathetic.

I think he will be right providing they finish strongly but based on what we have seen so far eventually excuses will start running out for him. Year one was about fixing the culture and year two was written off due to injuries but with a healthier list this year the side will need to show a bit of development and some promising signs.

I'm still surprised that Clayton doesn't appear to be under any media pressure because it can't just be about the coaches.

Rockets a good coach but perhaps he hasn't adapted as quickly to the modern game as some of the newer coaches.
Does anyone know if he is still only up at the club a few days a week? That might work against him if the results don't improve significantly.

GVGjr
01-04-2017, 11:27 PM
First coach gone?

I think they have to give him the season.

I thought they should improve this year and lets face it two games isn't really enough to judge them but it doesn't look good.

Go_Dogs
02-04-2017, 09:25 AM
It's never easy to go out and play the Eagles in Perth (unless you're a Bulldogs team in an elimination final) but Saints fans must be starting to hit the panic button. They have enough grunt but lack the polish to become a really strong side, which is going to be hard to address if they stay a middling team.

Nice to see Lonie going well.

The Crows look ominous. That's 2 big wins to start the year and they're well positioned to finish in the top four - even with a midfield I didn't rate very highly coming into the season. Hopefully Jenkins is OK.

GVGjr
02-04-2017, 09:52 AM

I was watching a bit of the game yesterday and remembered you rated him highly.

comrade
02-04-2017, 11:42 AM
Saints had a chance to secure a defining win like ours in Sydney 2015 but went to water in the last 10 minutes.

SlimPickens
02-04-2017, 11:46 AM
I think he will be right providing they finish strongly but based on what we have seen so far eventually excuses will start running out for him. Year one was about fixing the culture and year two was written off due to injuries but with a healthier list this year the side will need to show a bit of development and some promising signs.

I'm still surprised that Clayton doesn't appear to be under any media pressure because it can't just be about the coaches.

Rockets a good coach but perhaps he hasn't adapted as quickly to the modern game as some of the newer coaches.
Does anyone know if he is still only up at the club a few days a week? That might work against him if the results don't improve significantly.

A valid point well made, the joker in the pack is Tony Cochrane. Who knows what that bloke will do.

GVGjr
02-04-2017, 12:40 PM
A valid point well made, the joker in the pack is Tony Cochrane. Who knows what that bloke will do.

It seems most want to blame the coach when the club isn't performing as expected but there plenty of other reasons why clubs struggle. Collingwood for all their resources (sports science and recruiting etc) aren't where they think they should be. The Suns won't be flush with resources so just have to do things smarter.

It remains to be seen if Cochrane can identify what they need to do to improve but in a lot of cases sacking the coach is the easy and quick option. The must be more problems at the Suns than just the coach.

1eyedog
02-04-2017, 01:09 PM
It seems most want to blame the coach when the club isn't performing as expected but there plenty of other reasons why clubs struggle. Collingwood for all their resources (sports science and recruiting etc) aren't where they think they should be. The Suns won't be flush with resources so just have to do things smarter.

It remains to be seen if Cochrane can identify what they need to do to improve but in a lot of cases sacking the coach is the easy and quick option. The must be more problems at the Suns than just the coach.

It has to be a list management issue. They've been notoriously bad at the draft table during albeit ordinary draft years and they have at least 7 established players playing elsewhere that should be playing in the team at the moment including Prestia, Caddy, Weller, Dixon, Bennell and o'Meara and one or two others I can't remember. They've brought in players that have had no impact on the sides success in Harbrow, Bock, McQualter, Malceski, Grant, Rosa, Currie the list goes on and sacrificed decent picks in the process, not that it matters considering what they actually do with them. Why they cannot develop players is a mystery of the universe but they've been treading water for 3 years and should be in a strong position but instead have become largely irrelevant.

Twodogs
02-04-2017, 01:25 PM
It's never easy to go out and play the Eagles in Perth (unless you're a Bulldogs team in an elimination final) but Saints fans must be starting to hit the panic button. They have enough grunt but lack the polish to become a really strong side, which is going to be hard to address if they stay a middling team.

The Crows look ominous. That's 2 big wins to start the year and they're well positioned to finish in the top four - even with a midfield I didn't rate very highly coming into the season. Hopefully Jenkins is OK.

The Crows are my surprise packet for the season. They have some good quality players that has missed a fair bit of footy over the last couple of years and have recruited and drafted pretty well at the same time. Watch them go.

1eyedog
02-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Adelaide are a very good side who have a number of good second tier outside players and an elite forward line but their midfield will not stand up to the rigors of later September in Melbourne.

jeemak
02-04-2017, 01:57 PM
It has to be a list management issue. They've been notoriously bad at the draft table during albeit ordinary draft years and they have at least 7 established players playing elsewhere that should be playing in the team at the moment including Prestia, Caddy, Weller, Dixon, Bennell and o'Meara and one or two others I can't remember. They've brought in players that have had no impact on the sides success in Harbrow, Bock, McQualter, Malceski, Grant, Rosa, Currie the list goes on and sacrificed decent picks in the process, not that it matters considering what they actually do with them. Why they cannot develop players is a mystery of the universe but they've been treading water for 3 years and should be in a strong position but instead have become largely irrelevant.

Barrett is saying Mark Evans has been unimpressed with just about everything he has seen at GCS, including the coach. He thinks the decision to appoint another coach at the end of the year has all but been made.

At a private function I recently heard a Bulldogs player say that in his first year in 2011 Eade didn't speak to him and concentrated on only a section of core players throughout the year. If he is doing things this way at GCS, and pairing that management style with giving his famous "rockets" then it wouldn't be surprising if players aren't working for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if, fully supported and bankrolled by the AFL of course, a big money deal is thrown at another clubs list manager to get the list in order as well.

1eyedog
02-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Barrett is saying Mark Evans has been unimpressed with just about everything he has seen at GCS, including the coach. He thinks the decision to appoint another coach at the end of the year has all but been made.

At a private function I recently heard a Bulldogs player say that in his first year in 2011 Eade didn't speak to him and concentrated on only a section of core players throughout the year. If he is doing things this way at GCS, and pairing that management style with giving his famous "rockets" then it wouldn't be surprising if players aren't working for him.

I wouldn't be surprised if, fully supported and bankrolled by the AFL of course, a big money deal is thrown at another clubs list manager to get the list in order as well.

It will be a sad end to Rocket who was a fine player and one of the best game day coaches in the AFL between 07-09. Not many coaches get to go out on their own terms though.

GVGjr
02-04-2017, 04:01 PM
North performing very well against Geelong. Hard to know what to make of it.

Sedat
02-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Geelong are such a one-dimensional team. The commentators get themselves into a lather over Dangerfield and Selwood (and they are good offensively), but their opponents run rampant because these two blokes haven't got a defensive bone in their body. Higgins, Dumont and Cunnington have been far more damaging for Norf out of the middle.

1eyedog
I don't know what to make of it either other than Geelong are flaky and Freo are potentially even worse than they were last year. I refuse to rate North.

Either way it's great to see ZGeelong get spanked anytime, anywhere. I prefer them in the lower half of the ladder.

comrade

Geelong are a middle of the road team. Higgins has been a star today.

comrade
02-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Geelong are such a one-dimensional team. The commentators get themselves into a lather over Dangerfield and Selwood (and they are good offensively), but their opponents run rampant because these two blokes haven't got a defensive bone in their body. Higgins, Dumont and Cunnington have been far more damaging for Norf out of the middle.

Danger has fluffed at least 3 or 4 simple kicks, directly to the opposition. He's such an overwhelming presence, I wonder if he makes his teammates better or worse.

GVGjr
02-04-2017, 04:20 PM

Last week they seemingly sacrificed the ruck position against Sandilands but won the game against Fremantle. This week the inexperienced Preuss has already racked up 35 hitouts and North have a nice 25 point lead at 3 quarter time. North must have made some decent adjustments.

GVGjr
02-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Like our game on Friday night a decent 3 quarter time lead has been whittled down by the Cats and North are just 6 points ahead.

1eyedog
02-04-2017, 04:36 PM
What's with these come from behind wins this round. Adelaide, West Coast and now Geelong. Makes our win after trailing during the last that much sweeter.

ledge
02-04-2017, 04:48 PM
North snatch a loss from the jaws of victory.

1eyedog
02-04-2017, 04:49 PM
I hate Geelong. I hope we destroy their season down there.

Sedat
02-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Brad Scott is a shit coach - Majak was on one leg and he kept him and Preuss on for the entire last qtr when they desperately needed run and carry.

Rocket Science
02-04-2017, 05:00 PM
I could watch an endless loop of Brad Scott's face after a loss or unfavourable umpiring decision ad infinitum.

Sedat
02-04-2017, 05:06 PM
I could watch an endless loop of Brad Scott's face after a loss or unfavourable umpiring decision ad infinitum.
Not when Chris Scott is the lucky recipient in the other coaches box.

bulldogtragic
02-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Silver lining to Geelong winning, North losing helps them stay down the bottom. Even if they finish 15th and us 4th, that makes the Hrovat trade nominally pick 40 to us, pick 51 to them. Hopefully, for ours sake, we can widen that gap further. 3 picks inside 40 would be great for Dal & JMac to consider.

Sedat
02-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Silver lining to Geelong winning, North losing helps them stay down the bottom. Even if they finish 15th and us 4th, that makes the Hrovat trade nominally pick 40 to us, pick 51 to them. Hopefully, for ours sake, we can widen that gap further. 3 picks inside 40 would be great for Dal & JMac to consider.
You're always thinking laterally BT - love it :D

comrade
02-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Hrovat was horrible for most of the game. Kicked a couple of worm burners that would make Matty Boyd wince & fumbled under pressure time and again.

No where near our best 22.

bulldogtragic
02-04-2017, 05:28 PM
You're always thinking laterally BT - love it :D

I do what I can. I hope Through&Through is right onto this when he starts rooting with all things North.

Sedat
02-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Danger has fluffed at least 3 or 4 simple kicks, directly to the opposition. He's such an overwhelming presence, I wonder if he makes his teammates better or worse.
He will probably get the 3 votes in the Brownlow in this match despite his opponents torching him the other way and him clangering it up with his awful field kicking.

SlimPickens
02-04-2017, 06:10 PM
An interesting point in SEN this morning. Out of the last 45 teams to start the season 0-2 only one (Sydney 2014) has made finals. Interesting considering some of the teams currently in that position.

comrade
02-04-2017, 06:24 PM
An interesting point in SEN this morning. Out of the last 45 teams to start the season 0-2 only one (Sydney 2014) has made finals. Interesting considering some of the teams currently in that position.

Would be interesting to see the flipside of that stat. How many teams that have started 2-0 have missed finals? Richmond will be one this year.

GVGjr
02-04-2017, 06:50 PM

Thanks that's an interesting stat. I'd suggest that the Swans will make the finals again but it probably puts a big question mark on teams like Collingwood and St Kilda

comrade
02-04-2017, 06:52 PM
Freo are woeful & Hamling is getting exposed in a bad team.

Wonder if the bigger payday was worth it?

comrade
02-04-2017, 06:57 PM
With the round effectively over, thoughts on which teams are shaping up as genuine contenders?

Bulldogs aside, it's looking like Adelaide & GWS will be right up there, with WC acting as the gate keeper in the top 6; good but not quite good enough to beat the best sides, especially away. Port are looking good & Geelong have enough top end quality to be competitive. You also can't discount Sydney.

My revised top 8

1. Dogs
2. Adelaide
3. GWS
4. West Coast
5. Sydney
6. Geelong
7. Port
8. Melbourne

bulldogtragic
02-04-2017, 07:51 PM

Doesn't matter now, I say. He can bank the cheques and hate footy.

Bulldog Joe
02-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Would be interesting to see the flipside of that stat. How many teams that have started 2-0 have missed finals? Richmond will be one this year.

Bit unusual, bit I don't believe we have ever had 8 teams start 2-0.

There will certainly be changes to the 8 from here.

Bulldog Joe
02-04-2017, 08:36 PM

I really think this game highlights that Geelong aren't very good.
They have 2 wins but they have played 2 sides likely to finish bottom 4.

ratsmac
02-04-2017, 10:09 PM
With the round effectively over, thoughts on which teams are shaping up as genuine contenders?

Bulldogs aside, it's looking like Adelaide & GWS will be right up there, with WC acting as the gate keeper in the top 6; good but not quite good enough to beat the best sides, especially away. Port are looking good & Geelong have enough top end quality to be competitive. You also can't discount Sydney.

My revised top 8

1. Dogs
2. Adelaide
3. GWS
4. West Coast
5. Sydney
6. Geelong
7. Port
8. Melbourne

Sheesh, if the ladder ends up with these teams it will be mightily important to secure a top 2 spot to get home finals. Unless your the Bulldogs of course where ladder position, double chances and venues don't mean a thing.

hujsh
02-04-2017, 11:06 PM
He will probably get the 3 votes in the Brownlow in this match despite his opponents torching him the other way and him clangering it up with his awful field kicking.

Good as he is I can't say his disposal has ever impressed me. Reminds me of Stringer which is not a compliment for a midfielder.

Mofra
03-04-2017, 10:39 AM

Based on Adams' game on Friday I think Hamling prefers playing AFL for a crap side than playing VFL for a good one.
Adams is ahead of Hamling easily and Zaine will overtake him too

1eyedog
03-04-2017, 11:12 AM

It's well publicised that his old man is pretty crook. he was always going to return granted and the extra mayo on top made it that much easier. A better question would be was the move home to be closer to his old man worth it? He'd definitely say yes.

Twodogs
03-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Joel Hamling owes us nothing after the job he did on grand final day. Good luvk to him.

westdog54
03-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Joel Hamling owes us nothing after the job he did on grand final day. Good luvk to him.

Agree. Did a great job in the prelim as well.

Ozza
03-04-2017, 12:47 PM

Although I'd probably agree - if Richmond beat the Eagles at the G' this weekend, they'll be 3-0, and then have Brisbane the week after. If they happen to get to 4-0 - it gives them pretty solid claims on a final 8 spot.
Knowing Richmond - they'll probably lose the next 2 and be in disarray...but will be interesting to see how their next 2 pan out.

Ozza
03-04-2017, 12:50 PM

Not many players could spend time on all of Cyril Rioli, Lance Franklin, Jon Patton and Jeremy Cameron in the one finals series.
He's no world beater - but a very versatile player who understood and benefitted from our team defence set up.

Topdog
03-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Didn't realise that about his dad but definitely agree with TwoDogs, he helped us win a premiership, I will always love him

comrade
03-04-2017, 01:46 PM
No one is saying he owes us anything or that he's not a beloved member of our legendary premiership team. Just asking if he's satisfied with his decision, from a footballing perspective.

Twodogs
03-04-2017, 07:51 PM
From a footy perspctive no definitely not.

Remi Moses
03-04-2017, 08:54 PM
How on earth did Thompson only get one week for that cheap shot on Danger ?
Lewis doing what Lewis does , and poor leadership .
Norf went to defensive early in that game , and of course the usual suspects came through.
Respect to Roscoe that's North . Hrovat was ineffectual, and Higgins starred .
Rocket's shot on the Gold Coast, and Port look like they've found their mojo from 2 years ago .

comrade
03-04-2017, 08:58 PM
How on earth did Thompson only get one week for that cheap shot on Danger ?
Lewis doing what Lewis does , and poor leadership .
Norf went to defensive early in that game , and of course the usual suspects came through.
Respect to Roscoe that's North . Hrovat was ineffectual, and Higgins starred .
Rocket's shot on the Gold Coast, and Port look like they've found their mojo from 2 years ago .

He'll be back just in time for our game against them. Perfect!

Remi Moses
03-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Should have got more than a week . Thompson is a master of the cheap shot.
Just wish Barry had have choked him