PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Round 2 2017 - Western Bulldogs V Sydney Swans

Eastdog
30-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Our first home game of season 2017. We unfurl our premiership flag.

Dogs by 27 points
First Goal: Dahl to get our first
Best On Ground: Picko
Crowd: 40,216 - Im hoping we need a huge onslaught of red white and blue at Etihad tomorrow

Go Bulldogs!!

boydogs
30-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Sydney by 24
First Goal Stringer
BOG Bont
Crowd 28,266

comrade
30-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Sydney have named 5 blokes with 2 games in total combined.

bulldogtragic
30-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Dogs by 77
FG Tom Boyd
BOG Tom Boyd (7 goals)

LostDoggy
30-03-2017, 10:30 PM
Dogs by 52
FG-Crammers
BOG-JJ

Eastdog
30-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Dogs by 77
FG Tom Boyd
BOG Tom Boyd (7 goals)

Love your weekly predictions BT :)

bornadog
30-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Dogs by 33
First Goal: Crameri
BOG: Libba
Crowd 28,000

comrade
30-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Dogs by 33
First Goal: Crameri
Crowd 28,000

28,000 for a Friday night game where we unfurl the flag would be woeful.

Eastdog
30-03-2017, 11:39 PM

Hoping it's around my crowd prediction and redders70 prediction.

josie
31-03-2017, 12:16 AM
Dogs by 27
First Goal: Cloke
Crowd 36,500

Eastdog
31-03-2017, 12:23 AM
Dogs by 27
First Goal: Cloke
Crowd 36,500

Same margin as me :) yep I'm quitely confident

ratsmac
31-03-2017, 12:30 AM
Dogs by 22
First goal - Libba
BOG - Stringer (back to his best)
Crowd - 34,001

Danny the snakeman
31-03-2017, 02:27 AM
Dogs- 21
FG- Cloke
BOG- libba

bornadog
31-03-2017, 09:45 AM

Couldn't agree more. We will see if there really are Bulldogs supporters out there, I mean real supporters.

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Couldn't agree more. We will see if there really are Bulldogs supporters out there, I mean real supporters.

I'm a little surprised you think the game will be so poorly attended.

While we would hope for a crowd of 35K plus it wouldn't be a disaster if it fell a little short of that. I'm told ticket sales are strong so there might be a positive surprise on the night. I can't see it being less than 30K as there are too many positives for members to attend.

My prediction

Bulldogs by 11 points
First goal Cloke
BOG Macrae
Crowd, 37,012

bornadog
31-03-2017, 10:25 AM
I'm a little surprised you think the game will be so poorly attended.

While we would hope for a crowd of 35K plus it wouldn't be a disaster if it fell a little short of that. I'm told ticket sales are strong so there might be a positive surprise on the night. I can't see it being less than 30K as there are too many positives for members to attend.

My prediction

Bulldogs by 11 points
First goal Cloke
BOG Macrae
Crowd, 37,012

My old pessimism coming out. :D I really hope it is closer to 40k

Ozza
31-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Dogs by 22 points (same as GF)
First Goal: Picken.....LIAM PICKEN!
BOG: Macrae (reckon he's flying).
Crowd: 34,565

aker39
31-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Every person that couldn't get a ticket to the GF should be there tonight.

They missed out on the big day. This is there chance to celebrate the Premiership.

Daughter of the West
31-03-2017, 11:50 AM
This game makes me nervous. Very nervous.

However,

Dogs by 5
First goal: Hunter
BOG: Macrae
Crowd: 37,948

1eyedog
31-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Dogs by 46
Crameri first major

Twodogs
31-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Us by 48 points
FG Cloke
BOG Macrae

Bulldog4life
31-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Dogs by 15
FG Cloke
BOG Libba

BornInDroopSt'54
31-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Dogs by 35
First goal: Tom Boyd
BOG: Macrae

Murphy'sLore
31-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Dogs by 11
First goal: JJ
BOG: Easton Wood
Crowd: 39,500

Eastdog
31-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Ill be pushing off from work in about 10-15 minutes to get the tram into Etihad.

Go Dogs!

Mantis
31-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Dogs by 28
BOG - Stringer
1st goal - Cloke

Doubt we will face a weaker Sydney in terms of depth.. I hate facing up to weakened teams, but I think we are better than that now.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Dogs by 15 points
BOG: Dahlhaus
1st goal Crameri

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Dogs by 28
BOG - Stringer
1st goal - Cloke

Doubt we will face a weaker Sydney in terms of depth.. I hate facing up to weakened teams, but I think we are better than that now.
I tend to agree but to me it hinges on being able to handle their 3 tall forwards.

A good solid win tonight would be a great result and have an opposition club regarded as a genuine contender for the flag 0 and 2.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Allir X 2 in.

bornadog
31-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Confirmed Aliir Aliir is in, no change for us

Go_Dogs
31-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Dogs by 38
BOG Liberatore in his 100th
First goal Crameri
Crowd 34,389

jeemak
31-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Playing like we think we don't need to work hard.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Loving what Cloke is bringing to the side. Smart leading, hard running, courage, and scoring.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Can't keep missing easy shots...

8 scoring shots to 5 and we are behind.

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Adams has started off pretty well and of course Cloke is doing plenty. We still seem a bit tall and our mids aren't yet on top.
We need something from Stringer and Crameri

Sorry about getting back on the old hobby horse but our kicking for goal isnt good enough at the moment

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Full credit to the Swans youngsters who are very skillful and poised. How many of our youngsters would have kicked the goal Florent did?

Who needs to lift for us in the second half?

chef
31-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Who needs to lift for us in the second half?

Crameri. Hes keeping Smith out the side so he needs to contribute or get dropped.

westbulldog
31-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Umpire 16 Brendan I I Hosking........Inept, Iinconsistent.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Our inside mids at stoppage ineffective 2 weeks in a row - who would've ever thought that would be a primary concern?
Tom Boyd's hands poor, rucking improving.
Is Campbell an AFL level player, outside of his tap work?
Adams putrid all pre season..playing a great game. yew
Cloke has been massive for us. Now there is a phrase i never thought i would say, nor wanted to say. But what a great performance so far.
Bontempelli not influential. And Libba well off.
What a bizarro world type of night so far.

AndrewP6
31-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Crameri and Bont for mine. Crameri looking like a guy who has had a year out of the game.

Adams has been terrific, Cloke too. Better signs in that quarter.

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 10:54 PM
How did Cloke miss that goal?

We needa couple early to really bury the Swans

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Interesting Qtr.
We look in charge, but yet not unbeatable. We've had two pieces of luck tonight, one with Tippett's injury, and the other with some good service from some terrible umpiring.
Need a strong start to this last quarter.
Not a good start. Poor execution from Easton Wood and hurt on the turnover

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Thank god Sydney didn't bring this in the last quarter in the GF

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2017, 11:08 PM
Really disappointing last quarter so far. We were a goal or two from putting it away, and now we look down for the count.

Murphy'sLore
31-03-2017, 11:09 PM
Not very happy at the moment

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2017, 11:18 PM
Wow. I've just got to admit it. we're a great team. You just don't respond like we have, against a quality outfit, if your not.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Turned it back on, thank god!

bulldogtragic
31-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Sydney: Our Bunny.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
31-03-2017, 11:28 PM
You know.. when we were down after Reid got them the lead in the last, I automatically expect us to return to our former type, and just accept our lot and lose.
Not this lot, the ability of these guys to compartmentalise and let eahc moment be just that is incredible. As a result they just don't lose their confidence, belief or will. They just apply an even harder grip and focus on the next moment.
I'm so proud of this group. They are a team's team.

ReLoad
31-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 11:46 PM
That was hard work :) brilliant 5 minutes by Buddy brilliant goal by Stringer.

Hotdog60
31-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Picken was unbelievable in that last quarter. The gut run from the back line to set up Bonty's goal was huge...

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Tory Dickson mentioned Morris will be out for 8 weeks and he also rolled an ankle against the Pies where he would have missed 3 weeks with.

bornadog
01-04-2017, 12:00 AM
That was a great game of footy really enjoyed it ( except when they hit the lead). We missed some easy set shots but when we were down we fought hard for a good win.

GVGjr
01-04-2017, 12:04 AM
43K attended the game. Great crowd on a special night

comrade
01-04-2017, 12:38 AM

Was a seriously impressive crowd. The days of escaping the ground easily after a game vs an interstate club seem to be over.

Bont & Stringer turning it on to ice the game. Damn, it's good to be a Dogs supporter.

Twodogs
01-04-2017, 01:03 AM
It was fantastic to see the guys that I have been going to the footy week in week out for forty years for the first time since we won the flag. Being grown up and having families and jobs and stuff we only ever see each other at the footy these days. To quote Vinnie Jones at the end of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels it's been emotional

comrade
01-04-2017, 01:06 AM
Amazing the difference between tonight and last night's game. Almost like a different sport.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-04-2017, 01:07 AM
Great energetic crowd. Fitting game too.

Sedat
01-04-2017, 01:25 AM
That was a fun night at the footy. Reckon we played like millionaires late in the 3rd qtr that gifted the momentum back to them. We copped what we deserved early in the last qtr but the sign of a quality team is to recover lost momentum when seriously challenged.

Great way to win a game of footy against a quality opponent.

jeemak
01-04-2017, 01:48 AM
I thought the game showed the difference between partying for two or three weeks and drowning your sorrows for one or two. Two evenly matched lists, one with a few more out versus the other and playing away, only able to give two spurts when the victor always had one extra in the tank.

The Swans were more switched on early but didn't have the quality in personnel we had, and their additional incentive coupled with preparation couldn't last long enough to keep up with our quality grind.

I was really impressed this week, as I was last, with the ability for a number of different players to bob up and contribute when required. That's the type of thing good teams do, we're a good team. We're not a perfect team, however, and more on that later.

jeemak
01-04-2017, 02:02 AM
Also, Callum Mills is a good, but stupid footballer.

His most recent two performances against us have been highlighted by trying to take on a tackle laid by Zane in the GF, and tonight trying to rush a ball without adequate pressure from eight metres out. In each instance he appeared to be completely clueless as to why each may have incurred a free kick.

In the latter, all he had to do was take possession and drag Liam with him over the line to get a kick-out, but now he looks like a dill and the Sydney apologist media is sympathising with him even though the rules have been tightened to ensure players don't do what he did.

bornadog
01-04-2017, 02:08 AM

Very pleasing indeed.

Eastdog
01-04-2017, 03:30 AM
That was a good outing.

The Swans certainly came out hard but we answered back very well.

Cloke was a highlight and is really fitting in well with the team. JJ was excellent with his run. Bob, Picko and M Boyd important. Impressed with some of Lin Jong's marks in the game but just need to kick better at goal. Biggs had a very good night as did Hunter who was involved a lot although some of his kicks were questionable. All in all a good performance and we lifted it up a notch from last week which we had to.

Great crowd in as well with over 40,000 at a Western Bulldogs home game against an interstate side.

Thoroughly enjoyed the flag unfurling and got some good photos and videos of Grant and Smith holding the cup and them hoisting the flag.

Also was great to meet again for another year fellow Bulldog members in my area of Level 1 Aisle 33 which was very full tonight and look forward to our next home game at Etihad to catch up.

jeemak
01-04-2017, 03:50 AM
Good stuff Eastdog.

Captured it really well.

Eastdog
01-04-2017, 03:57 AM
Good stuff Eastdog.

Captured it really well.

Pretty good post for the early hours of Saturday morning :)

Twodogs
01-04-2017, 04:49 AM
Amazing the difference between tonight and last night's game. Almost like a different sport.

Like comparing a foot massage with...

Go_Dogs
01-04-2017, 08:14 AM
That was a great win - it was good to have Buddy play such a huge game and still be able to get on top of them. There was a little bit of commentary around after the GF the difference a fit(ter) Buddy would have made, but even with him up and about and our first choice defender in Morris not playing, we got it done.

As Jee said, that any number of players can pop up at and have a crucial moment makes us such a hard side to beat. The only player that perhaps didn't have one of these moments was Crameri, although I liked some of the bullocking work he was able to do around the ball as the heat went up - he didn't win a lot of ball, but he kept it congested when we needed it that way.

What a time to be in the red, white and blue.

lemmon
01-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Marcus Adams was another I thought was excellent. Once again his mop up play was first class and it looks like his disposal has improved

ratsmac
01-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Picken was unbelievable in that last quarter. The gut run from the back line to set up Bonty's goal was huge...

Best piece of play of the night!

G-Mo77
01-04-2017, 11:21 AM

His most recent two performances against us have been highlighted by trying to take on a tackle laid by Zane in the GF, and tonight trying to rush a ball without adequate pressure from eight metres out. In each instance he appeared to be completely clueless as to why each may have incurred a free kick.

In the latter, all he had to do was take possession and drag Liam with him over the line to get a kick-out, but now he looks like a dill and the Sydney apologist media is sympathising with him even though the rules have been tightened to ensure players don't do what he did.

He did something else last night as well which highlighted this, if I get time to watch the replay I'll pick it out. But yeah as soon as he did it I knew it was our free. I don't agree with the rule personally but it is there so stiff shit Sydney.

G-Mo77
01-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Marcus Adams was another I thought was excellent. Once again his mop up play was first class and it looks like his disposal has improved

He really gets good range by foot and for the most part he's pretty accurate. I was pretty skeptical on how our defense would hold up. Bleeding 6 and 4 goals from their key forwards was not ideal but I thought we held up well. There was a stage there in the 3rd for about 10 minutes when they got on top and we stopped nearly every entry.

Ozza
01-04-2017, 11:52 AM

So based on two decision making errors that he's made - he's a stupid footballer? And we are to ignore the exceptional start he's had to his career? He's shown himself to be well beyond his years in the way he's adapted to AFL footy and how he reads the game.

Sorry, but a very strange post.

Flamethrower
01-04-2017, 11:53 AM
The whining Swans supporters on talk back radio complaining about us getting a free ride from the AFL was some delicious irony.

If it wasn't for the VFL/AFL your club would not even exist.

Twodogs
01-04-2017, 12:13 PM
Best piece of play of the night!

Close to the best piece of play I've seen ever I reckon. Pickle started in defence it and finished it from the 50 with that beautiful kick to the Goalsquare.

The whining Swans supporters on talk back radio complaining about us getting a free ride from the AFL was some delicious irony.

If it wasn't for the VFL/AFL your club would not even exist.

Music to my ears.

comrade
01-04-2017, 12:48 PM
That Picken kick to Bont was absolute perfection. He knew the immense capability of his teammate, and placed the ball in exactly the right position to allow him to just destroy the soul of his Swans opponent.

It was Harlem Globetrotter stuff.

Happy Days
01-04-2017, 12:56 PM
That Picken kick to Bont was absolute perfection. He knew the immense capability of his teammate, and placed the ball in exactly the right position to allow him to just destroy the soul of his Swans opponent.

I was cursing the kick when he did it, and then I realised that it was Bont on f'n Harry Cunningham and realised how brilliant it was.

Just as an aside, Hanners might as well rip the top off a cold one because they aren't winning anything while we're around. Absolute bunnies.

merantau
01-04-2017, 01:38 PM
About last night, I have a story to tell. I've always hated sitting down at the football. Don't get to see many games live these days as living O/S much of the time. When do get to go my wife always comes too and she likes to sit down. So, last night, for some reason, she says, "Let's go down and watch from ground level."
All I can say is "Wow!" What an incredible difference in atmosphere. Tom Boyd took that screamer right in front of us. The noise level was off the scale. The excitement, the raucous noise, the back slapping, uninhibited banter, the delirium - everything I'd been missing - came hurtling back like a freight train on yippy beans. What an adrenaline rush. My wife loved it too. Such a different experience - bit like a Ross Lyon presser c/f a Bevo one.
I tell you, I felt re-born. It helped that the last quarter was what it was - a high energy, pulsating end-to-end mayhem-fest liberally infused with moments of sheer brilliance from both sides punctuated by acts of manic courage and desperation. What a game it was. One for the memory bank for sure.
That was a grand performance and congrats all round to the players, coaches and support team. A win "to warm the cockles of our hearts" Bulldog faithful. There's never been a Better Time to be a Bulldog. GO DOGS!

jeemak
01-04-2017, 02:49 PM
So based on two decision making errors that he's made - he's a stupid footballer? And we are to ignore the exceptional start he's had to his career? He's shown himself to be well beyond his years in the way he's adapted to AFL footy and how he reads the game.

Sorry, but a very strange post.

He'll be a gun, no doubt. I posted at a time when trawling through a lot of pissing and moaning from all and sundry about how we're favoured by the umpiring that I felt I needed to unload a little.

Murphy'sLore
01-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Want to add a word of praise for Fletcher Roberts too. He is getting better and better.

Eastdog
01-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Want to add a word of praise for Fletcher Roberts too. He is getting better and better.

Yeah agree. Could be a huge 2017 for him. I look forward to when Wally and Redders come into the side.

ratsmac
02-04-2017, 01:57 AM
Close to the best piece of play I've seen ever I reckon. Pickle started in defence it and finished it from the 50 with that beautiful kick to the Goalsquare.

Music to my ears.

I was cursing the kick when he did it, and then I realised that it was Bont on f'n Harry Cunningham and realised how brilliant it was.

Just as an aside, Hanners might as well rip the top off a cold one because they aren't winning anything while we're around. Absolute bunnies.

Another good thing about that piece of play was The Bont spoiled an attempted mark against Jones from a quick low kick in the swans f50 by Parker and then he tapped it to Dahl on his all 4's. The footy then gets to Picken and he clears the swans 50. Both Picken and Bont gut run the length of the field to score an absolute brilliant goal to put us back in front. All this occurred after Buddy just put on a show that you would think would of taken the air out of our sails. Not on this groups watch!!

Twodogs
02-04-2017, 08:58 AM
There must be film of Bontempelli from the time Picken spots him and he starts moving because he is travelling at a fair speed when he takes the ball. I'd love to see i.

Twodogs
02-04-2017, 10:36 AM
I'd love to see an Octocall of the Bont/Picken goal.

ReLoad
02-04-2017, 02:10 PM

Omg yes!!! The two minutes before too. Buddy was phenomenal.

I know it's all about us dogs, but we saw something last night that is once in a generation stuff, buddy is a freak.

Twodogs
02-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Omg yes!!! The two minutes before too. Buddy was phenomenal.

I know it's all about us dogs, but we saw something last night that is once in a generation stuff, buddy is a freak.

I said to a mate on the way home that it was the perfect night at the footy. We saw buddy do some unbelievable things-one day they will show that on telly and we can say "I was there that night, buddy did that right in front of me"-and we won.

Dry Rot
02-04-2017, 03:35 PM
In his post match press conference, Bevo referred to an adjustment they made to the midfield at half time to help win clearances.

What did he do?

ledge
02-04-2017, 04:30 PM
In his post match press conference, Bevo referred to an adjustment they made to the midfield at half time to help win clearances.

What did he do?

Stringer in the middle ?

Go_Dogs
02-04-2017, 04:48 PM

What did he do?

Could be wrong but I thought it was how we set up around the clearance, it ensured we'd be able to keep it congested on the defensive side so there was no easy ball for them.

Topdog
02-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Yeah had Libba about 10m away from the ball up for most of the second half so any time they got a quick handball out Libba laid a tackle.

merantau
03-04-2017, 07:29 AM
I notice some Swans supporters are complaining about the free kick count again so I 've re -jigged their theme song.

"Cheer, cheer the red and the white
Blame it on the umpies by day and by night
Hurl those bleatings to the sky
Wring your hands and have a cry

Whether it's deliberate, or holding the ball
We will complain and bitch overall
Until our misty eyes are flowing
With salty and bitter tears.

choconmientay
03-04-2017, 04:50 PM
REMEMBER WHEN... WESTERN BULLDOGS VS. SYDNEY
LINK (http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/remember-when-western-bulldogs-vs-sydney/)

It took only two years for Luke Beveridge to take the Western Bulldogs from a club on the brink to the envy of the competition.

If you return to the start of the 2015 season, the Bulldogs were on their knees and unsure of the path ahead. With a host of young talent and a handful of experienced players, the Bulldogs began to stack up a few wins early in the year.

A win in Round 1 against the Eagles at Docklands was a surprise given the circumstances but by the time Round 4 had come and gone the Dogs were sitting 3-1, with the solitary loss coming against the reigning premiers, and Beveridge’s men were growing in confidence.

But none of them expected what was to come.

Each week, Aflplayers.com.au will bring to light the perspective of someone at the heart of a memorable moment from a game played between two sides before their upcoming clash.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/05SyWB15AP1431.jpg

It was the game that paved the way for the Bulldogs’ finals appearance in 2015 and their subsequent premiership triumph the following year.

When Beveridge, Bob Murphy and their troops flew to Sydney to take on the Swans juggernaut, they did so with 10 different players from when they played their Round 23 clash in 2014 — the last game before their coach stepped down and their captain left the club.

But the Dogs had a newfound confidence and after letting the Swans kick the first two goals of the game, they piled on the next five to finish the quarter with 5.1 and 14 points ahead before the rain began to tumble down.

The next two quarters were as even as it gets as the Dogs held onto a 11-point lead at half and three-quarter time, while the rain continued to wreak havoc.

Fans and viewers waited for last year’s Grand Finalists to wrestle back momentum in classic Bloods’ fashion and their predictions weren’t wrong as Sydney kicked the first two goals of the last quarter to take the lead for the first time since the opening quarter.

But between the 14 and 24-minute marks, both teams failed to score before an Easton Wood toe-poke on the goal-line put the Dogs back in front.

From there, the young Bulldogs hung on to record one of the greatest wins they’d been a part of. It was a turning point for the previously rebuilding club and skipper Murphy said the game was important for their run to the 2016 premiership.

“It’s probably the most memorable game I’ve ever been a part of,” Murphy told Aflplayers.com.au.

“A lot of that is due to how much we respect Sydney and what they’ve done for so long. I felt our belief building before that game but that day is when it hit home that the world was different.

“It was probably the moment that the team and our club thought we might be potentially a challenger down the road. It just so happened that 18 months later it happened.”

Sure enough, the two sides would meet again on Grand Final day in 2016 and it’s fitting the Bulldogs would accomplish one of the greatest premiership triumphs in AFL history against the side that helped them believe they were capable.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/05SyWB15AP1476-760x438.jpg

choconmientay
03-04-2017, 04:51 PM
^^^^
I believe since 2015, they suffered the mental scars and would not ( or never) .... be able to beat us again ;)

JohnGentStand
03-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Not sure I need to see Bob's nut popping out to prove we have them!!

ratsmac
03-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Not sure I need to see Bob's nut popping out to prove we have them!!

Hahahahahahahahaha great spot.

Murphy'sLore
04-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Oh my goodness.

choconmientay
05-04-2017, 10:08 AM
It's up on Youtube ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVcVshkBvjs

Murphy'sLore
05-04-2017, 10:33 AM
'The Bont, the Bont, the Bont, the Bont, the bloody Bont!'

That's what I heard anyway :)

KT31
05-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Cheers Choco,

great gut running from both players, The Bont started in the backline and ran down as well.

ledge
05-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Bont has created two new sayings "the Bont" and "it's him of course it's him " seems to be the lines pulled out when he does something special. Bruce has created a phrase for the ages.

Murphy'sLore
05-04-2017, 12:48 PM
Off the field he is our Bonti, on field he is The Bont.

LostDoggy
05-04-2017, 09:37 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm3tVeTrpBE

Octocall of Big Tommy Boyd's mark ;)

hujsh
06-04-2017, 07:48 AM
I really do prefer to see Tom roaming the F50 and approaching contests with momentum to when he stands and wrestles with his opponents (which almost never goes well)

KT31
06-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Great mark, but he would hold a few more if he had softer hands and kept his eyes on the ball.

merantau
06-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Wonderful team goal and, as KT31 points out The Bont was in defensive 50 when Liam Picken did that outrageous kick into space. The commentary on this piece of play is off the scale for excitement and callers can be forgiven for overlooking the fact that The Bont covered more ground than Ludwig Leichardt to take that mark in the square.
We are so blessed to have players that ignite the imagination of the public and the media. Picken is the ultimate 110%er. If Ancestry ran a DNA test on him I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with Spartan, Mongol, Viking, Zulu, Gurkha and Highlander forebears. He is unstoppable
As for The Bont - there are no limits to what he can achieve in this game. Why? Because he has the ability, the intelligence and the attitude to handle the mantle of greatness that is slowly but surely descending to rest on his young shoulders. He is a once in a generation player and in years to come people will be telling their kids and grandkids: "I saw him play." Go Dogs!

merantau
06-04-2017, 09:56 PM
It's up on Youtube ...

That is just sensational football. Given the circumstances of the game Picken's audacity was just what the doctor ordered. And what better partner in crome to be riding gunshot than The Bont? That kick to the goal square was perfection.
In those last few strides The Bont took on the persona of a heat seeking missile, wrapped his mitts around the ball like he was plucking a ripe juicy mango from a tree before slamming the ball through the big sticks in a movement of faultless fluidity. Poetry in motion? Think : "The Bont! The Bloody Bont!"

merantau
06-04-2017, 10:05 PM
It's up on Youtube ...

That is just sensational football. Given the circumstances of the game Picken's audacity was just what the doctor ordered. And what better partner in crime to be riding shotgun than The Bont?
Liam's kick to the goal square was perfection.
In those last few strides The Bont took on the persona of a heat seeking missile, wrapped his mitts around the ball like he was plucking a ripe juicy mango from a tree before slamming the ball through the big sticks in a movement of flawless fluidity. Poetry in motion? Think : "The Bont! The Bloody Bont!"