PDA

View Full Version : What a start to 2017!

bulldogtragic
01-04-2017, 01:22 AM
The reigning Premiers
Two solid enough wins, against two successful/big clubs and thus undefeated
Two Friday Night games with around a massive 110,000 combined attendance
Two Friday Night games with a good TV audience
Unfurling the Premiership Flag
Mission signing on for another 3 years this week
Membership at 39,000+ and hopefully climbing toward 50,000
Cloke looking the great investment we thought, with Crameri back too
Bob back!
Our young guns regularly doing the brilliant, be it Stringer burst goals, Bonts being Bonts or Boyd taking species over 2m players

May the good times roll. There's never been a better time to be a Bulldogs member ever!!

1eyedog
01-04-2017, 01:27 AM
Ah it was very satisfying tonight when Sydney hit the front and then the old South Melbourne supporters down the Coventry end found a bit of voice and then that Syyyyyyyyyyydney chant started up and then bang, bang, bang, bang and nothing...

It's starting. Ask any Swans supporter if we're they're second team.

Eastdog
01-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Yes great start and huge potential over the next few weeks to really set up the season 2017. Was a tough assignment last night but we got the job done and came back when we needed to.

lemmon
01-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Progressive improvement too. The team that ran out last night would've beaten Collingwood by 30+. We're really building into the year and looking better each time.

We've fixed some issues from last year in regards to ball movement and scoring, topped up with good personnel and will be getting Wally and Redpath back shortly.

We've clearly improved on 2016.

Bulldog Joe
01-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Well, I may be the wet blanket, but I found both efforts disappointing.

Both games we got into comfortable positions and let the opposition back in the game.
I would like to see us crush them when we get on top.

Need to improve on what we are doing. We have been smashed in clearances early in both games.

Eastdog
01-04-2017, 04:18 PM

Both games we got into comfortable positions and let the opposition back in the game.

Need to improve on what we are doing. We have been smashed in clearances early in both games.

Yeah first game we didn't play our best and won but last night I thought we played better than last week but for sure it is important we try and win comfortably for % against the 'weaker' sides.

GVGjr
01-04-2017, 04:25 PM

I agree BJ, it's always good to get the points but we haven't been impressive. I don't think we have the team balance right yet either.
That might be forced due to some injuries but we seem to be top heavy and lacking genuine midfield options.

jeemak
01-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Ah it was very satisfying tonight when Sydney hit the front and then the old South Melbourne supporters down the Coventry end found a bit of voice and then that Syyyyyyyyyyydney chant started up and then bang, bang, bang, bang and nothing...

It's starting. Ask any Swans supporter if we're they're second team.

I'm loving how much vitriol is coming our way because of the treatment we receive from the umpires. It's only going to get worse too.

Whilst we've shown patches I think we're a fair way from hitting our straps, what's pleasing is that we're good enough to win when things aren't going as well as they might.