PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 3 2017 vs Fremantle

Eastdog
01-04-2017, 08:16 PM
This is the round 3, 2017 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Fremantle is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
08-04-2017, 10:54 PM
3 Bankers, 3 Anchors

bulldogtragic
08-04-2017, 11:18 PM
B:

Hunter kept us in it in the first half
Jong looked good for the most part

A:

Caleb Daniel. Kicking it higher, than longer on team mates head is shit footy. His disposal has been down all year.
Adams. Turning it over in the def goal square, kick it long man.
Team effort. It wasn't there tonight, and losing after leading by 14 points at 3/4 time is very, very disappointing.

1eyedog
08-04-2017, 11:22 PM
Anchors

Just kick the stuffing out of it Adams!
Daniel running around like a headless chook.
Zaine chasing him around like a blind farmer.

Bankers

Dahl never ever stops. Ever.
Hunter's first half.
Jong's upward trend.

AndrewP6
08-04-2017, 11:23 PM
B
Hunter's first half
Bont lifting to get us back in it.

A
Whole team. Looked well off the entire game.

That's it, can't do anymore.

Ozza
08-04-2017, 11:28 PM
Anchors

Biggs - awful defensively and careless with the ball.
Campbell- couldn't have done much more towards ensuring we had plenty of turnover goals.
Cloke - no impact, no influence

Bankers

Hunter- kept us from n it early
Jong- big third quarter
Stringer - tried to make things happens when others assumed it would 'just happen'

westbulldog
08-04-2017, 11:44 PM
B
Dalhaus - played with intensity way above most of his teammates.
Hunter - kept us in it with a 3 goal effort.
Jong - tried hard all game.

A
Campbell - anything other than contested ruckwork is sub standard at the moment.
Biggs - nowhere near last year's form.
Cordy - ineffectual.

Sedat
09-04-2017, 12:06 AM
Fletcher Roberts worthy of a banker. Would be polling quite well in the B&F so far.

Having to listen to that dickhead Basil Zempilas commentating our match is a prime time anchor. Ch 7 make it so hard to watch our matches on TV.

always right
09-04-2017, 12:09 AM
B
Bont, Hunter, Jong and Dahl did their best to keep us in the game.....just not enough mates.
I like Stringers work in the midfield...just needs to get a bit more of the ball.
Fletcher Roberts has become Mr Reliability.

A
Adam's best and worst are poles apart.
I have some concerns about Murph and Matty Boyd. Struggling to impact games.
Questions about our game plan. Have we moved too far away from what worked last year?

Remi Moses
09-04-2017, 12:11 AM
Anchor - the journo who asked Bevo if Minson might come in next week !:confused:

SonofScray
09-04-2017, 12:14 AM
Bankers:
Roberts. Applied himself manfully and had some important moments. Close to 1st picked on the team sheet.
Stringer: piecing it all together week by week.
Hunter's 3rd major. All class.

Anchors:
Defensive turnovers - TC, JJ and Adams major culprits. Wood and Biggs also poor tonight.
McLean v Umpires. He'll get umpired out of the game if they progress with things.
Kicking efficiency. Really poor tonight.

ratsmac
09-04-2017, 01:51 AM
Anchors

Biggs - awful defensively and careless with the ball.
Campbell- couldn't have done much more towards ensuring we had plenty of turnover goals.
Cloke - no impact, no influence

Bankers

Hunter- kept us from n it early
Jong- big third quarter
Stringer - tried to make things happens when others assumed it would 'just happen'

Spot on

Sedat
09-04-2017, 02:37 AM
Special banker for Fyfe when he stopped the ball straight after the Picken incident. He didn't have to do it as Freo were in possession but it was terrific sportsmanship and showed a care for his fellow professional footballer.

ratsmac
09-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Bankers
Bont as always tried to dig us out of a hole but had team mates helping the opposition dig with excavators.

Libba was in everything trying to get the game on our terms.

Dahl just like Libba.

Anchors

Tom Campbell is not up to AFL standard at this point. He could be under done still but not good enough. Kicking and handballs were terrible. Even his dropped marks fell to freo's favour.

Cloke was invisible. Buckley would of enjoyed seeing that.

Team balance is off. I'm not sure if we are too top heavy and aren't getting enough run or what, but our talls didn't mark and and the mids weren't at the drop of the ball.

SonofScray
09-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Special banker for Fyfe when he stopped the ball straight after the Picken incident. He didn't have to do it as Freo were in possession but it was terrific sportsmanship and showed a care for his fellow professional footballer.

Will check the replay, but I thought the umpire prompted a halt to play (very slow to respond IMO) and he rebuked the directions. not prepared to pat him on the back yet.

KT31
09-04-2017, 10:36 AM

Will check the replay, but I thought the umpire prompted a halt to play (very slow to respond IMO) and he rebuked the directions. not prepared to pat him on the back yet.

Been some suggestion today that he stopped play because he thought he would receive a free kick.
Apparently remonstrated with the umpire when told it is a ball up.

chef
09-04-2017, 01:06 PM
Been some suggestion today that he stopped play because he thought he would receive a free kick.

Thats how it looked on TV. I did think what a flog atm, trying to get benefit out if an injury.

Ozza
09-04-2017, 01:49 PM
Fletcher Roberts worthy of a banker. Would be polling quite well in the B&F so far.

Having to listen to that dickhead Basil Zempilas commentating our match is a prime time anchor. Ch 7 make it so hard to watch our matches on TV.

Sedat potting the commentary - shorter odds than Winx :D

Danny the snakeman
09-04-2017, 01:59 PM

Yeah i don't know why he's being praised he didn't stop because of Picken.

Doc26
09-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Thats how it looked on TV. I did think what a flog atm, trying to get benefit out if an injury.

That was my read on it. I think the commentary read the position completely wrong in applauding Fyfe. His motivation looked to be out of self interest, being more interested in stopping play for a free kick.

Eastdog
09-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Bankers

Hunter - very good up forward and kicked some important goals

Jong - has improved a lot - really good marking and becoming an important player

Bonti - stepped up a lot in the 3rd quarter

Anchors

Campbell - needs to do a lot better for us in this he ruck

Daniel - is a bit out of form but he'll recapture it again

Cloke - a quiet night didn't have a huge impact

Eastdog
09-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Question:

Marcus Adams more a banker or more an anchor or in the middle somewhere.

Did a few good things last night.

Sedat
09-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Sedat potting the commentary - shorter odds than Winx :D
Only Ch 7 Oz - they make it so easy to pot them ;)

Sedat
09-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Question:

Marcus Adams more a banker or more an anchor or in the middle somewhere.

Did a few good things last night.
Banchor

bulldogtragic
09-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Banchor

I see what you did there! :D

That should actually be a category.

ratsmac
09-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Banchor

My mind just blew

Eastdog
09-04-2017, 05:35 PM
I see what you did there! :D

That should actually be a category.

Could be a new category.

boydogs
09-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Could be a new category.

Call it the Brian Lake category. Plays well but ruins it with brain fades

Eastdog
09-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Call it the Brian Lake category. Plays well but ruins it with brain fades

:) :) for players that we thought were in the middle tonight between the best and worst. I'll introduce it into the bankers and anchors threads which will remain the same but with an extra category - is optional and not essential to answer.

KT31
09-04-2017, 06:25 PM
My mind just blew

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/7531827e-7262-4525-9aea-4597279292d0/48d353f1-6e7d-449b-8b14-e197eeb8b16f.jpg