PDA

View Full Version : Go West

Scraggers
04-04-2017, 06:56 PM
This is a message I received from one of our newest members Della's Dogs over the weekend.

In 1983 we had no sponsor. David Smorgon proposed setting up the Bulldog Panel -the club's first marketing coterie. My name's Noel Delbridge. I was chairman.
I was creative director of an international ad agency. My art department produced the Go West guernsey logo which we pushed as the badge of the people's team. Denny Schwarz, MD of Eastcoast jeans and surf wear, heard radio commentators discussing Go West and came on board as major sponsor, and valuable panel member.

This is fantastic insight into the earlier years of our financial struggles. Thanks Della's Dogs :cool:

ledge
04-04-2017, 07:35 PM
I remember that badge

Eastdog
04-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Thanks for sharing. Interesting read to hear David Smorgon's contribution from way back in the 1980s.

Twodogs
04-04-2017, 08:09 PM
I remember that badge

I remember all the stuff that was happening back then. The club on its uppers, we had no sponsor going into the season so somebody devised that Go West thing just to have something on the jumper, then after we won a few games Eastcoast jumped aboard.