PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Round 2: Channel 7 Halftime Segment

KT31
06-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but brings a lump to the throat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uml7kx5Vj98

GVGjr
06-04-2017, 07:25 PM
The father of the son who talks about how his father passed away was a long time WOOF member known as Doggy-Doo.
I worked with Colin for a number of years and he was one of the most passionate Bulldogs supporters I've ever met. I can't recall one conversation I had with him that didn't eventually turn into one about the Dogs. Through the good times and the ones that tested us Colin never once lost his faith or support for the Dogs. If we lost a game (and lets face it we lost plenty) Colin would get over it quickly and be focused on the next game. He was a true Bulldog for Life type supporter.

Even his funeral had a real red, white and blue Bulldog theme.

When I think about our GF win I occasionally think about how Colin missed it.

Great bloke who would have been immensely proud of what the club achieved last season.

Doc26
06-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but brings a lump to the throat.

I didn't get to see this as I was at the game. Thanks for sharing KT.

The win means so much to so many and as far fetched as it might sound to those outside, I can relate to the "can now die content" type comments given the extreme and lasting level of relief and joy the result has provided.

Twodogs
06-04-2017, 08:11 PM
I didn't get to see this as I was at the game. Thanks for sharing KT.

The win means so much to so many and as far fetched as it might sound to those outside, I can relate to the "can now die content" type comments given the extreme and lasting level of relief and joy the result has provided.

My dad's in the advanced stages of terminal cancer, he's got a couple of months if he's lucky-and I've gotta say he hasn't had a lot of luck lately-that flag means so much now already. At least we got to celebrate one together

LostDoggy
06-04-2017, 08:26 PM
My dad's in the advanced stages of terminal cancer, he's got a couple of months if he's lucky-and I've gotta say he hasn't had a lot of luck lately-that flag means so much now already. At least we got to celebrate one together

So sorry to hear about your Dad TD :(

Eastdog
06-04-2017, 08:28 PM
So sorry to hear about your Dad TD :(

Same goes for me. Sorry to hear that TD :(

Remi Moses
06-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Same here . Deepest sympathies Two
Remember your dad from the old w/o days .

bulldogtragic
06-04-2017, 08:54 PM

I thought he was getting better, bugger. After spending a couple of seasons sitting with him a while back, I'm happy he got to see another flag. A more passionate Doggies man you wouldn't meet.

Twodogs
06-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys, I will pass on your best wishes. He's at the good day/bad day stage but he's taking a shedload of morphine, sometimes he sits in his chair more or less on the nod but other days he's great. He's in hospital at the moment they are trying to manage the pain so he can have some quality of life.

KT31
06-04-2017, 09:56 PM

Sorry to hear TD, if you ever need an ear just PM.

ratsmac
06-04-2017, 11:09 PM
Sorry to hear TD. Its so good that you got to celebrate the GF together.
It was certainly the main topic at our Christmas lunch last year.

bornadog
06-04-2017, 11:09 PM

Sorry to hear about your father TD. I remember meeting him at the previous VFL Grand final and thinking how nice it was for you and your son enjoying the win together. He would have loved the big win last year.

Dry Rot
07-04-2017, 12:57 AM

Real sorry to hear that TD. Wish him the best.

The Doctor
07-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear this news Carl. The premiership experience will have extra meaning for you. I hope there are many more doggies wins for you to share together yet.

Daughter of the West
07-04-2017, 09:32 AM

TD, I'm so sorry mate. Sending you strength during these tough days, sadly been there done that and know it well. Look after yourself too.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Twodogs, so sorry to hear about your father. I hope he responds to treatment. I hope you are able to draw strength from caring for him. Great that he was here for the premiership and that your family shared it with him.

Twodogs
07-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Same here . Deepest sympathies Two
Remember your dad from the old w/o days .

They were great days Remi. It's fun standing with the boys at Etihad and all and I guess at our age it's good that we are mainly sheltered from the elements but it's not the footy ground. We knew the footy ground's every crook and nanny. Where to kick it from so that the wind would carry the ball through the goals, what the best side of the ground to attack from was stuff like that.

westdog54
07-04-2017, 06:45 PM

Sad to hear he's gone backwards.

Having him and your son at the VFL Granny in 2014 made it all the more enjoyable. I can only imagine what he was like on October 1.

Twodogs
07-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Sad to hear he's gone backwards.

Having him and your son at the VFL Granny in 2014 made it all the more enjoyable. I can only imagine what he was like on October 1.

Gee that was a bloody good day. One of my favourite ever days at the footy.

Eastdog
07-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Gee that was a bloody good day. One of my favourite ever days at the footy.

Was there as well that day and the 23,000 odd at Etihad that day made it a great atmosphere. Wish I had of gone to the first qualifying final that year at the Whitten Oval as well against Willy.

josie
07-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Dear Twodogs, really sad news. I hope the Doctors are able to control the pain so your Dad has more good days to spend with you and your Family.

I have very fond memories of the 2014 VFL win. My brother, who did not even barrack for Dogs, went with me. We both had a great day and the atmosphere was electric. He died 8 months later from cancer, so I will cherish those memories for the rest of my life.

josie
07-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Just want to mention a little about Sue who was interviewed in the channel 7 segment. Sue helps with hours extra input at matches helping to put out cheer squad flags and packing them up afterwards etc. And Involved in banner making and carrying which is pretty intense. Also travels to many if not all interstate matches. Is so welcoming to all active cheer squad members and helps uphold code of conduct. Thoughtful, kind, generous and a loyal bulldog person through and through. So glad Sue received the opportunity to share her thoughts and a lovely hug from Morris to boot!!

Doc26
07-04-2017, 09:46 PM

Very sorry to hear TD. What a wonderful few weeks it must've been to share with him. Lasting memories.

My fanatical Bulldog cousin, who I attended Bulldog games with for ~40 years unfortunately passed away from cancer leading into the season. I really missed sharing the season and especially the GF with him. What was very special, and very emotional, was cheering the boys on GF day alongside his lovely wife and 2 daughters along with my own father.

Eastdog
07-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Dear Twodogs, really sad news. I hope the Doctors are able to control the pain so your Dad has more good days to spend with you and your Family.

I have very fond memories of the 2014 VFL win. My brother, who did not even barrack for Dogs, went with me. We both had a great day and the atmosphere was electric. He died 8 months later from cancer, so I will cherish those memories for the rest of my life.

Sorry to hear that josie. Glad you have that memory with him going to the 2014 VFL GF. I'm sure he would have been very happy for you last year when we won the flag.

Twodogs
07-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Footy is so important for a lot of reasons.

Eastdog
07-04-2017, 10:01 PM

So right TD. The footy and our great club bring us all together. It is so important to many.

jeemak
08-04-2017, 03:07 AM
I thought he was getting better, bugger. After spending a couple of seasons sitting with him a while back, I'm happy he got to see another flag. A more passionate Doggies man you wouldn't meet.

I was lucky enough to have him and TD sit with me at a game last year, and you're right, Big TD is a bit of a legend - his son goes OK too.

Twodogs
08-04-2017, 03:13 AM
I was lucky enough to have him and TD sit with me at a game last year, and you're right, Big TD is a bit of a legend - his son goes OK too.c

That was the day I got into a little dance with Nathan Buckley trying to get out of the stadium to have a cigarette.

jeemak
08-04-2017, 03:13 AM
Very sorry to hear TD. What a wonderful few weeks it must've been to share with him. Lasting memories.

My fanatical Bulldog cousin, who I attended Bulldog games with for ~40 years unfortunately passed away from cancer leading into the season. I really missed sharing the season and especially the GF with him. What was very special, and very emotional, was cheering the boys on GF day alongside his lovely wife and 2 daughters along with my own father.

I'm sure you dipped your lid for him Doc, it must have been an extremely special time and sombre one to share that moment within the family. Chin up.

jeemak
08-04-2017, 03:18 AM
c

That was the day I got into a little dance with Nathan Buckley trying to get out of the stadium to have a cigarette.

Heady times TD, heady times!

Twodogs
08-04-2017, 05:47 AM
Heady times TD, heady times!

It's not every day they let me in the Medallion club

jeemak
08-04-2017, 06:24 AM
It's not every day they let me in the Medallion club

The Medallion Club is worse for it.

Bunch of stiffs and corporate's is all. No character at all.

Max469
08-04-2017, 08:33 AM

My prayers are with you TD.

My dad and I had a up and down relationship, more down than up, but the one constant was our mutual love of football. He was a North supporter through and through, but after he passed away in 1989 Mum said that when he died he did as a Bulldog supporter. Apparently i went on so much about our team he thought he might as well just follow them - but never told me.

Football is the glue that binds us.

Eastdog
08-04-2017, 04:23 PM
The Medallion Club is worse for it.

Bunch of stiffs and corporate's is all. No character at all.

I remember early on with the Medallion Club it was like correct me if I'm wrong like $20,000 to join with all the benefits it was very expensive maybe not so expensive nowadays.