Adelaide v Essendon Adelaide Oval 7.40pm

Sunday April 16

Collingwood v St Kilda Etihad Stadium 3.20pm

Brisbane v Richmond Gabba 4.40pm

Monday April 17

Hawthorn v Geelong MCG 3.20pm

Sedat
15-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Early days but Freo's formline from last week is holding up today against Melbourne thus far.

Sedat
15-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Dockers have kicked the last 8 goals of the game and lead by 22 points at 3/4 time. Last week's loss has a slightly different perspective all of a sudden.

Remi Moses
15-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Incredible turnaround from freo .
Poor loss from Melbourne, and no more excuses .
Listening to the third it sounded like they turned up their toes .
Cam McCarthy was impressive, and lachie Neale's second half was brilliant .

1eyedog
15-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Port with half a chance.

bulldogtragic
15-04-2017, 09:13 PM
I think a few forgot to take their TB4.

If this continues, the percentage will hurt the rest of the comp.

GVGjr
15-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Suns playing very well mainly on the back of their Tom Lynch. Credit to Rocket and his coaches because they have turned their form around very quickly

ledge
15-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Eddie betts is a superstar, poor bloke could have been an absolute legend of the game if he wasn't stuck at Carlton for years.
If there is a footballer I really appreciate in the game that isn't a dogs player it's him.

GVGjr
15-04-2017, 10:36 PM
Impressive performance by the Suns. Attractive and skillful football.

comrade
15-04-2017, 10:38 PM
Carlton still the only real thing resembling easy beats in this competition. They drop off alarmingly whenever pressure is applied.

bornadog
15-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Eddie betts is a superstar, poor bloke could have been an absolute legend of the game if he wasn't stuck at Carlton for years.
If there is a footballer I really appreciate in the game that isn't a dogs player it's him.

Exciting to watch.

GVGjr
15-04-2017, 11:52 PM
10 goal win by Adelaide. Playing exceptionally well

Ozza
16-04-2017, 12:14 AM
10 goal win by Adelaide. Playing exceptionally well

They are playing exceptionally well......but they have a tendency to play like this at the start of the year, and taper off. Happy for everyone to declare the Crows as premiership fancies...and see how they are going in August.

merantau
16-04-2017, 09:48 AM
I only saw the first half. Did Essendon lay a tackle inside their forward 50? The Crows seemed to be under no pressure whatsoever hence silver service to Tex. The Bombers played like Weather Observation Planes for mine. I'm surprised they weren't beaten by 20 goals.

Webby
16-04-2017, 10:02 AM
I only saw the first half. Did Essendon lay a tackle inside their forward 50? The Crows seemed to be under no pressure whatsoever hence silver service to Tex. The Bombers played like Weather Observation Planes for mine. I'm surprised they weren't beaten by 20 goals.

They grew a heart in the third - to my disappointment. Put in much greater effort at the clearances and defensively. Had they kicked straighter, they might have dragged it back to five or so goals. Crows also slipped back into cruising mode. So no huge belting - just a belting..

boydogs
16-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Dockers have kicked the last 8 goals of the game and lead by 22 points at 3/4 time. Last week's loss has a slightly different perspective all of a sudden.

Freo's last quarter last week was excellent. We had that game in the bag and they turned the clock back to their 2013 form

comrade
16-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Most impressive thing about Adelaide is their drafting & development. I don't think they've got 1 top 10 draftee on their list and their best 22 is filled with late picks and rookies.

On top of that they lost some good players to expansion (Bock & Davis) and other destination teams (Gunston & Tippett). As much as I'll always hate them after 97, you can't begrudge them any success.

bulldogtragic
16-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Most impressive thing about Adelaide is their drafting & development. I don't think they've got 1 top 10 draftee on their list and their best 22 is filled with late picks and rookies.

On top of that they lost some good players to expansion (Bock & Davis) and other destination teams (Gunston & Tippett). As much as I'll always hate them after 97, you can't begrudge them any success.

They lost an amazing spine, you could build a very successful team around this:

Bock
Davis
Dangerfield
Gunston
Tippett

comrade
16-04-2017, 12:16 PM
They lost an amazing spine, you could build a very successful team around this:

Bock
Davis
Dangerfield
Gunston
Tippett

Forgot about Danger!

ledge
16-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Just saw this article . Wtf ? 4 rounds in and they have won two . Should be the last thing a club says after round 4 .. Hit the wall ?
https://www.zerohanger.com/worsfold-weve-hit-wall-11386/

Twodogs
16-04-2017, 03:16 PM

Good call. He's great to watch-he really is the full package. Even if the game is a blow out its worth watching still just to see what he does.

Impressive performance by the Suns. Attractive and skillful football.

Just in the nick of time.

They are playing exceptionally well......but they have a tendency to play like this at the start of the year, and taper off. Happy for everyone to declare the Crows as premiership fancies...and see how they are going in August.

It's like Adelaide can't win a final unless they get advance information about the opposition gameplan or something.

Sounds familiar. Except we've had a few more first round picks. Probably why we've won a flag this century and they haven't.

Remi Moses
16-04-2017, 06:55 PM
Speaking of divulging info on game plans , what's happened to Michael Talia ?

bulldogtragic
16-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Speaking of divulging info on game plans , what's happened to Michael Talia ?

He's where Liam Jones is. Footy's no mans land, earning a wage to play lower league footy.

Sedat
16-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Just saw this article . Wtf ? 4 rounds in and they have won two . Should be the last thing a club says after round 4 .. Hit the wall ?
They are struggling without their usual plethora of off-site injections. Have a look at Jab Watson - cooked as a footballer

comrade
16-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Must admit I enjoyed seeing Tex give Hurley an absolute bath last night. Enjoy your drug stained money, Michael.

GVGjr
16-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Tigers giving it to the Lions and are 53 points up. Jack Riewoldt with 4 goals and Stefan Martin with 49 hit outs.
Mitch Robinson has put the breaks on Dustin Martin

About 10 minutes to go.

Nice win by the Saint against the Pies

Remi Moses
16-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Watched parts of the Saints Pies and just again emphasised Collingwood's awful kicking skills, and no 2nd big target inside 50.
They halfed their tackles from last week also . No more excuses for Buckley as they've got a full list to choose from .

ledge
16-04-2017, 09:33 PM
They are struggling without their usual plethora of off-site injections. Have a look at Jab Watson - cooked as a footballer

Funny isn't it , they were all dying to get Back and we're going to be the powerhouse they were before the scandal , thing is they haven't been a powerhouse since 2000!
What have they left of the players that got done 6 ? And Watson Is old, by the way Luenburger has no idea what he is doing out there it seems , I'm still in shock the Worsfold said they have hit a wall
After just four games they should be as motivated as ever!

Twodogs
16-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Hit a wall. What a bunch of crap.

I can't coach and I've got a shit list anyway is closer to the truth,

Throughandthrough
17-04-2017, 11:01 AM

Try living here. They can Gagf.

SlimPickens
17-04-2017, 11:12 AM
He's where Liam Jones is. Footy's no mans land, earning a wage to play lower league footy.

Saw Liam on the weekend playing full back for the Bullants. He is done as a professional footballer unfortunately.

bulldogtragic
17-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Saw Liam on the weekend playing full back for the Bullants. He is done as a professional footballer unfortunately.

Full back... Ouch. I guess he got a million to go to Carlton so hopefully he's invested it well. Although he will make a mint in country footy. Where on the field are they shoving Jaksch out of curiosity?

Dry Rot
17-04-2017, 04:24 PM

Two clubs and four coaches would confirm that.

Dry Rot
17-04-2017, 04:25 PM

Maybe's he's right? Might partly explain Crameri's troubles.

SlimPickens
17-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Full back... Ouch. I guess he got a million to go to Carlton so hopefully he's invested it well. Although he will make a mint in country footy. Where on the field are they shoving Jaksch out of curiosity?

Not sure about Jaksch, imagine forward as he wasn't in the defensive 50 with Liam.

ledge
17-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Maybe's he's right? Might partly explain Crameri's troubles.

Crameri has a hip injury , explain paddy Ryder's form .
It's only about 4 players now and they are experienced players not kids.

1eyedog
17-04-2017, 05:51 PM
At the game today Easter Monday snorefest. Hoping the Dawks can knock the cats over by kicking the next 18 consecutive points. Geelong look nowhere near top 4 material. Shouldn't have beat Norf and not playing well enough today.

comrade
17-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Hawks have fallen off the cliff, finally!

And don't get a top pick to help the rebuild. Saints would be loving this, what an astute piece of trading that's working out to be.

bornadog
17-04-2017, 06:46 PM

And don't get a top pick to help the rebuild. Saints would be loving this, what an astute piece of trading that's working out to be.

To bad it is Geelong thrashing them. 0-4 for Hawks, who would have thought. serves them right getting rid of two champions and taking a risk with Mitchell and O'Meara

ledge
17-04-2017, 07:12 PM
To bad it is Geelong thrashing them. 0-4 for Hawks, who would have thought. serves them right getting rid of two champions and taking a risk with Mitchell and O'Meara

They got rid of two play makers for two ball getters . Should have kept one of the play makers.

comrade
17-04-2017, 07:17 PM

Wow, it only got worse for the Hawks.

Don't think I've seen a team capitulate that badly in consecutive weeks since the Demons were at their lowest ebb. The senior players have completely dropped their bundle with the flag now out of the question.

Going to be a long season and I wonder if the heat will be applied to Clarko if 10 goal losses pile up and no draft picks to show for it?

bulldogtragic
17-04-2017, 07:22 PM

Rumours were Lewis and several others were pissed off about 'taking unders' for years for the club and list, but then they give Vickery $500,000 a year. That's got to sting guys who have taken a lot less, Gunston signed on last year before that for only $650,000 a year over looking offers around a million. There's a really good lesson here for other clubs to learn from.

Go_Dogs
17-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Unfortunately, this will impact all clubs each year - as the cap increases and types of players become more attractive we'll see a lot of retrospectively silly contracts offered to undeserving players.

Vickery is but the latest example.

Remi Moses
17-04-2017, 07:46 PM
It's incredible how quickly they've fallen . They look disinterested, and sadly we only play them once .
Big test for their glory hunter fan base also, who have fallen off in the past .

Sedat
17-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Wonder who they have their eye on to be the next McCartin or Billings? ;)

Go_Dogs
17-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Wonder who they have their eye on to be the next McCartin or Billings? ;)

Billings is (finally) starting to develop into a good little player, just don't tell my St Kilda supporting mate.

Sedat
17-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Billings is (finally) starting to develop into a good little player, just don't tell my St Kilda supporting mate.
He was fine yesterday but he was putrid the week before against Brisbane and was close to being dropped. Had a very underwhelming start to the season.

Imagine their team with Bont and Petracca instead of Billings and McCartin. Scary thought.

comrade
17-04-2017, 08:16 PM
He was fine yesterday but he was putrid the week before against Brisbane and was close to being dropped. Had a very underwhelming start to the season.

Imagine their team with Bont and Petracca instead of Billings and McCartin. Scary thought.

Even worse, imagine our team without Bont!

bulldogtragic
17-04-2017, 08:25 PM

I'd like to get Goddard off them if he can't get a good amount of games and starts looking around. I rate him from his junior years.

1eyedog
17-04-2017, 08:30 PM

I don't put anything past Clarkson after the Battle of Britain so sit back and watch the tanking begin.

It will get way better for St. Kilda over the next 19 weeks.

Sedat
17-04-2017, 08:31 PM
And the tanking now begins.
No it won't - their first pick in the draft is GWS' 2nd pick. No incentive whatsoever to tank for them unfortunately.

Twodogs
17-04-2017, 08:32 PM
They got rid of two play makers for two ball getters . Should have kept one of the play makers.

They tried. After Mitchell left they were confident of convincing Lewis to stay but he cracked it and left anyway. I don't really blame with Hawthorn paying big money to duds and kids when he'd been taking unders for years

Happy Days
17-04-2017, 10:11 PM

He'll always have that one time he lead a 10-goal comeback and made me look like an idiot on the internet.

comrade
17-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Billings will always be the guy picked before Bontempelli. Poor bastard.

hujsh
18-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Billings will always be the guy picked before Bontempelli. Poor bastard.
A true Tambling

ledge
18-04-2017, 05:10 AM
I wonder if hawthorns almighty fall from grace is because two huge clubman were traded out .
Seems some players you just can't get rid of it destroys the rest of the players faith in a club .

Topdog
18-04-2017, 07:34 AM
I wonder if hawthorns almighty fall from grace is because two huge clubman were traded out .
Seems some players you just can't get rid of it destroys the rest of the players faith in a club .

They were clearly on the way down and have lost 2 of their better players. Players like Gibson and Burgoyne are finished, its not entirely surprising to be honest. We probably over rated their young players

comrade
18-04-2017, 08:01 AM
They haven't even hit rock bottom. Hodge is still Hawthorn's best player and when he goes, it's only going to get worse.

I've tried to erase the memories of our post 2010 cliff dive, but I can't recall even us dropping our bundle as quickly as the Hawks have.

bornadog
18-04-2017, 09:56 AM
They were clearly on the way down and have lost 2 of their better players. Players like Gibson and Burgoyne are finished, its not entirely surprising to be honest. We probably over rated their young players

My mate the Hawks supporter texted me after the game, and basically said get rid of Gibson and Burgoyne. I think the Hawks got rid of the wrong two.

Ozza
18-04-2017, 10:04 AM
I was at the Hawks v Cats game. The Hawks are rudderless at the moment. They just hung on by a thread for 3 quarters, and then the last quarter blow out gave the game the result it deserved. Amazing that they have gone from being the best mover of the ball - to so quickly looking like they have no discernible plan when they have got it.

Ozza
18-04-2017, 10:05 AM
My mate the Hawks supporter texted me after the game, and basically said get rid of Gibson and Burgoyne. I think the Hawks got rid of the wrong two.

Sad to watch Burgoyne like that. Gibson, not so much.

Both look like their bodies can't do it anymore.

Twodogs
18-04-2017, 10:28 AM
A fortnight ago they were saying Burgoyne had 3 more years left in him. He didn't look like he had 3 quarters left yesterday.

Topdog
18-04-2017, 10:52 AM
A fortnight ago they were saying Burgoyne had 3 more years left in him. He didn't look like he had 3 quarters left yesterday.

I dont recall anyone saying that about Burgoyne this year.

Sedat
18-04-2017, 12:11 PM
The end comes quickly and unexpectedly. Burgoyne was a jet last year but looks like he's hit the wall overnight.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-04-2017, 05:33 PM
What I find amusing is that 2 coaches who cried about the umpiring in losing to us last year have their teams sitting 0-4. They certainly identified correctly the reasons they lost :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
18-04-2017, 07:11 PM
What I find amusing is that 2 coaches who cried about the umpiring in losing to us last year have their teams sitting 0-4. They certainly identified correctly the reasons they lost :rolleyes:
Heh Heh ;)

1eyedog
18-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Loving the Hawk bashing on the wireless.

Twodogs
19-04-2017, 07:40 AM
I dont recall anyone saying that about Burgoyne this year.

It was one of the boof head brigade on SEN. During Off the Record or whatever it's called on Saturday mornings I think.

Topdog
19-04-2017, 11:14 AM
It was one of the boof head brigade on SEN. During Off the Record or whatever it's called on Saturday mornings I think.

Wow, from round 1 all my circle has said "looks like he went on for 1 season too many".

He has looked really slow.

Twodogs
19-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Wow, from round 1 all my circle has said "looks like he went on for 1 season too many".

He has looked really slow.

Whoever it was that said it probably hadn't seen Burgoyne play this year. I can't think of a Hawthorn game I've actually watched this year. They are as boring as batshit at the best of times.

LostDoggy
20-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Whoever it was that said it probably hadn't seen Burgoyne play this year. I can't think of a Hawthorn game I've actually watched this year. They are as boring as batshit at the best of times.
Morphed into Freo from last year.

merantau
21-04-2017, 07:19 AM
I thought I heard Pies supporters giving Darcy Moore the Bronx cheer and yes, my ears did not lie. Classy. Just what he needs to get his confidence back up.

Twodogs
21-04-2017, 09:58 AM
I thought I heard Pies supporters giving Darcy Moore the Bronx cheer and yes, my ears did not lie. Classy. Just what he needs to get his confidence back up.

Send him to the doggies. We'll give him plenty of love.

bulldogtragic
23-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Billings is a very average footballer, forget those taken around him in the draft, he's very average.

Whoops, wrong round. Same valid point though.