PDA

View Full Version : All The Small Things - Round 4 - North

bulldogtragic
14-04-2017, 08:25 PM
A celebration or frustration of the small things.

Dunkley still missing easy set shots. We had a few offenders, but this is a huge problem in his game and needs to fixed if he's going to really be a damaging player.

SlimPickens
14-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Jongs speed was vital today. Got us out of a number of tight spots

bulldogtragic
14-04-2017, 09:26 PM

Good call. I remember an interview of his early last year saying that was his big focus last year, to play like Dangerfield. That is hard in the contest, and use his pace to burn opponents.

He's had a good start to the year. He seems really happy and confident. I think everyone is happy he stayed and backed himself in.

merantau
14-04-2017, 09:55 PM
I too was impressed by Lin Jong's efforts. He is fearless inside and lightning quick outside.

SonofScray
14-04-2017, 10:22 PM
I am a big fan of Jong's, saw some things in his game tonight that concerned me though. He keeps trying to play a handball version of soccer's "through ball" immediately when he wins a free or takes a grab. It invariably puts his team mate under pressure, a real hospital pass type of play. Wish he was push back off the mark harder, look up, then make a decision.

always right
14-04-2017, 10:55 PM
I am a big fan of Jong's, saw some things in his game tonight that concerned me though. He keeps trying to play a handball version of soccer's "through ball" immediately when he wins a free or takes a grab. It invariably puts his team mate under pressure, a real hospital pass type of play. Wish he was push back off the mark harder, look up, then make a decision.
Later in the game he stopped and assessed his options. Otherwise he was a bit trigger happy but I get the sense he is encouraged to do this. He simply needs to strike the right balance because he is one of the very few players in form at the moment.

jeemak
14-04-2017, 11:44 PM
Jong's run was striking in the first 30-40 minutes. Some of his use by hand was a bit off, but countering that was some decent use by foot.

He's a work in progress, but his improvement curve is still fairly steep at present. I'm happy with how he's progressing.

comrade
14-04-2017, 11:51 PM
Jongy has an uncanny ability to be where the ball is. The group I was with were amazed at how often Jong would get on the end of chain. He obviously works hard and has a good engine, if only his decision making and execution was 10% better.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-04-2017, 11:53 PM
Jong has been important, I want him to take more responsibility though. Too often he gives an unnecessary handball, which as alluded to above, puts others under immense pressure. Jong has pace to burn and decent penetration by foot, so I'd like to see him take it on more.

Encouraging signs nevertheless.

Happy Days
15-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Smith dropping Thompson late in the fourth quarter. You can really feel how much the other players hate him, probably as much as we do.

Twodogs
15-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Smith dropping Thompson late in the fourth quarter. You can really feel how much the other players hate him, probably as much as we do.

More. He's not pushing us into fences when we are running at top speed or elbowing us in the face when we are looking the other way or dropping his knees into our back when we fall over