PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 6, 2017 vs GWS Giants

Eastdog
15-04-2017, 08:07 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 6, 2017 match against GWS Giants at Manuka Oval?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
22-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Bump

The Bulldogs Bite
22-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Out - Biggs
In - Webb

Assuming Webb plays OK tonight he deserves a shot at it. Biggs had another stinker, that's 3/4 for him.

DOG GOD
22-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Out- Biggs,
In - anyone else

Suckling 50/50.
We will need to have a quick side....have a few too many plodders.

hujsh
22-04-2017, 06:18 PM
I think Biggs spot is available if someone puts their hand up at Footscray now..

Maybe Daniel, Webb, Lipinski?

boydogs
22-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Need a few to put their hands up in the VFL this evening, spots are up for grabs. Biggs, Suckling, Jong were off today

boydogs
22-04-2017, 06:22 PM
I think Biggs spot is available if someone puts their hand up at Footscray now

Jinx

The Bulldogs Bite
22-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Agree Jong and Suckling could be in the frame.

Think Jong has been OK though and has a few credits. Suckling 50/50.

comrade
22-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Biggs was like a rabbit in headlights. We may back him in for another week but he's right on the edge.

Depending on the Footscray game, I'm hoping Williams, Webb or Daniel can put their hand up.

Happy Days
22-04-2017, 08:19 PM
I didn't think Biggs was too bad, a few early tense moments notwithstanding. Smith on the other hand..

In: Daniel
Out: Smith

westbulldog
22-04-2017, 11:35 PM
I didn't think Biggs was too bad, a few early tense moments notwithstanding. Smith on the other hand..

I thought Clay Smith was far better than Shane Biggs.
Last year's prelim against GWS : Clay Smith 16kicks 10 handballs disposals 26 marks 5 tackles 8 goals 4 behinds 1 afl ranking points 140
Some declared M Boyd finished several times last year.
Smith plays with courage and great passion for this club and imo his form is nowhere near omission.

bornadog
22-04-2017, 11:37 PM
westbulldog
Last year's prelim against GWS : Clay Smith 16kicks 10 handballs disposals 26 marks 5 tackles 8 goals 4 behinds 1 afl ranking points 140
Some declared M Boyd finished several last year.
Smith plays with courage and great passion for this club and imo his form is nowhere near omission.

I thought Smith was better today, especially in the second half. I think he is starting to find some form.

Ozza
22-04-2017, 11:43 PM
Lipinski wont be coming in. He left the ground in the second quarter with a shoulder and didn't re-emerge.

Usual/expected suspects were productive for Footscray - Honeychurch, Webb, Daniel, Williams, Prudden all seemed to go pretty well. Fergus Greene is a clever footballer - got on the end of it several times. Might have kicked 4 or 5.

Go_Dogs
23-04-2017, 09:18 AM
No change for mine this week.

If anyone pulls up sore, I'd have Webb and Williams as the next to come in as I think they offer slightly more versatility than Daniel at this stage.

Rocco Jones
23-04-2017, 12:28 PM
We have a really unbalanced side at the moment due to injuries. We obviously have a heap of HBs and contest/forward types. We are missing a 2nd ruck/fwd or tall forward short, as well as a more natural forward. Even if we had Morris back, we could send Adams forward with more security. English role wise seems the only real option at the moment but it looks like he isn't physically ready.

Looks look at the immediate options to come in:
- Webb: if he is to play, he needs to spend time as an inside mid which is a big risk, especially against GWS. We can't just play him as a small forward.
- Williams: Clearly one of our best in the VFL but another HB. If he is to play, he really needs to add a fair bit of value.
- Daniel: I think the safest selection tactically as he can just add a bit of value outside.

Biggs is struggling. I would normally say we keep him in as he can help combat talls but a bit of a liability at the moment.

Ozza
24-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Biggs is out of form.
Bailey Williams is in good form.

Would give Williams an opportunity this week. Otherwise it is just down to who is sore.

Mantis
24-04-2017, 11:00 AM
In: Williams, Webb
Out: Biggs, Suckling

lemmon
24-04-2017, 11:45 AM
In: Williams, Webb
Out: Biggs, Suckling

Was about to post the same changes. I like what Webb brings around the ball and I like what Williams does when he has it.

We need to freshen up that midfield mix.

Sedat
24-04-2017, 12:13 PM
Allow me to indulge in some lateral thinking. When we played GWS last year during the season it was with a team full of kids and we let Heath Shaw bring his own footy - I'm convinced there was a little 'keeping our powder dry' for later in the season both from a tactical and personnel perspective, and it certainly worked wonders in the PF when they didn't know what hit them. Do we 'rest' 2-3 players and do something similar again? It's a 6 day turnaround and we're travelling interstate - not saying we should or we shouldn't but it is an interesting discussion either way. We have Richmond, West Coke in Perth, Geelong in Geelong and St Kilda following this week's match prior to the bye, so as a block of matches it is a very difficult stretch.

Not saying we lay down this week - we didn't lay down in the same game last year and actually acquitted ourselves well.

Ozza
24-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Its an interesting discussion Sedat.

My gut feel is that because we have a few out, and a few knocking down the door in the VFL - that we can achieve a degree of player management without the strength of the available side being too discernibly weaker.

The side we take into a potential final with GWS, or in later in the season's game - will (hopefully) have Roughead, Morris, Dickson, Wally, maybe Crameri - included. Plus we have the likes of Williams, Daniel, Honeychurch, Webb, Dale on the cusp at the moment. So we could, for instance, give Matty Boyd a freshen up - and bring in Williams. I'm sure there are a sore body or two through the mid/fwds who could also get a freshen up and allow Webb or Daniel another opportunity.

I think it is responsible for the MC to at least consider using 25-26 players as a 'squad' over the next 3 weeks in particular with two interstate trips.

Happy Days
24-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Some declared M Boyd finished several times last year.

So he tries hard, played a good game several months ago, and that people incidentally and incorrectly potted another player all mean that Smith shouldn't be dropped? Why didn't he play in the first two games if his form is so good?

I re-watched the game and Smith's skills are far too much of a detriment when the rest of his game isn't clicking. Daniel absolutely should come in for him.

I've softened a bit on Biggs; for every bad thing he did (dropping the chest mark in the first leading to their second goal) there was something of equal benefit (winning a 2-on-1 with a little underground kick to (I think) Picken on the members' wing). I wouldn't have any beef with Williams coming in for him, but also wouldn't mind if he stays in. His form is somewhere in between the perception of it on this forum and how awesome his instagram account is.

aker39
24-04-2017, 03:17 PM
I hadn't read this anywhere, but Toby Greene was reported for head butting against the Swans.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-04-24/new-vison-toby-greene-reported

bornadog
24-04-2017, 03:43 PM
I hadn't read this anywhere, but Toby Greene was reported for head butting against the Swans.

The previous week he whacked someone and got a $1000 fine. He probably will get the same. AFL are weak as water.

Twodogs
24-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Its an interesting discussion Sedat.

My gut feel is that because we have a few out, and a few knocking down the door in the VFL - that we can achieve a degree of player management without the strength of the available side being too discernibly weaker.

The side we take into a potential final with GWS, or in later in the season's game - will (hopefully) have Roughead, Morris, Dickson, Wally, maybe Crameri - included. Plus we have the likes of Williams, Daniel, Honeychurch, Webb, Dale on the cusp at the moment. So we could, for instance, give Matty Boyd a freshen up - and bring in Williams. I'm sure there are a sore body or two through the mid/fwds who could also get a freshen up and allow Webb or Daniel another opportunity.

I think it is responsible for the MC to at least consider using 25-26 players as a 'squad' over the next 3 weeks in particular with two interstate trips.

Libba could with a break to rest whatever injury it is he is obviously carrying.

1eyedog
24-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Suckling won't be getting dropped. I'd entertain Williams for Biggs.

bornadog
24-04-2017, 04:39 PM

Insufficient force and cleared.

Axe Man
24-04-2017, 04:46 PM

His third incident this season, six charges in six years as well as assault charges. What a germ.

Mofra
24-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Suckling won't be getting dropped. I'd entertain Williams for Biggs.
Williams for Biggs is my choice.
Love Bailey, we should get games into him and he can play wing or halfback. His disposal is excellent

Rocco Jones
24-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Williams for Biggs. Williams to play on GWS small forward to release JJ and Bob.

Dunkley had a sore ankle and hip during the game. Would be silly to risk him. If he isn't right, I'd play Caleb. The bigger dimensions will hopefully help him find a bit of space.

boydogs
24-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Out: Biggs, Suckling, Jong
In: Williams, Webb, Daniel

KT31
25-04-2017, 03:26 AM
Out: Biggs, Suckling, Jong
In: Williams, Webb, Daniel

Have to agree with this, when you you miss so many crucial easy shots ( for $%&# sake one was in the goal square) an example must be set.

MrMahatma
25-04-2017, 05:48 AM
Have to agree with this, when you you miss so many crucial easy shots ( for $%&# sake one was in the goal square) an example must be set.

Dunno if we'd drop someone based just on set shots, particularly not a running player with pace. I'd keep Jong in.

Out: Biggs In: Williams

ratsmac
25-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Out: M Boyd (rest) Jong/Dunkley

In: Williams for Boyd, Webb for Jong or Dunkley

If Dunkley is sore Jong stays otherwise Dunkley definitely stays in. Jong's skill errors and decision making worry me, but he brings physical pressure so what do we need more at the moment? I'd say neat skills against the Giants.
Matty Boyd could do with a freshen up so it would be a good time to give young Williams another crack.

I want to see Daniel back in the team so he could possibly replace Smith but maybe wait another week.

jeemak
25-04-2017, 10:06 AM
We simply don't have any easy games between now and the bye, my preference would be to get Boyd through to then if possible as I think he's a stabilising influence and would be a noticeable absentee if rested. Like the rest of the team he's taking time to warm into the season, though there's nothing within his form that suggests he shouldn't be selected within the 22.

Injuries aside, I can actually make a case for no changes. The difference between a 32 point win and an 11 goal win on Saturday wasn't huge, our last hour or so of football was excellent and the group may benefit from being given confidence to take that into Friday night.

But, I think one change is likely.

Out - Biggs
In - Williams

Biggs has been a bit off, Williams is playing well so it's time to give him a run.

If Dunkley is sore and can't play, Daniel or Honeychurch to come in. The latter has earned a spot and it would be solid reward for effort.

Twodogs
25-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Maybe we could rest Boyd from playing but use him as a runne instead and he spend the night running around in defence setting zones up and pointing out players to kick the ball to.

We'd just have to tie his arms behind his back though so he doesn't forget and pick up the ball.

ledge
25-04-2017, 09:23 PM
If the weather is bad I could see Daniel coming in .. I'm hoping weather is bad becuse we are light in talls and wet weather brings it down to hardness not skill as much. We are a more hard ball side, they like to look pretty and arrogant.

Twodogs
25-04-2017, 10:22 PM
If the weather is bad I could see Daniel coming in .. I'm hoping weather is bad becuse we are light in talls and wet weather brings it down to hardness not skill as much. We are a more hard ball side, they like to look pretty and arrogant.

I still reckon Darling shitting himself like a big black Alsatian and dropping that mark when he was 15 metres in the clear in last year's elimination final is the funniest thing I have seen on a football field.

LostDoggy
25-04-2017, 10:25 PM
How's lynch Been playing?

I'd like to see him get a crack at some point soon

bornadog
25-04-2017, 10:27 PM
How's lynch Been playing?

I'd like to see him get a crack at some point soon

He is still listed as a Rookie so would need to be upgraded.

jeemak
26-04-2017, 03:08 AM

The more skillful the side the more likely they are to win a game in the wet.

LostDoggy
26-04-2017, 07:15 AM
He is still listed as a Rookie so would need to be upgraded.

Whoops my bad :)

Mantis
26-04-2017, 09:01 AM

Weather forecast is good.. Cold, but clear skies.

1eyedog
26-04-2017, 10:02 AM

Our contested ball numbers are way down this season, way down. Can't rely on wet weather to beat teams we must beat as part of our premiership defence.

westbulldog
26-04-2017, 10:52 AM
So he tries hard, played a good game several months ago, and that people incidentally and incorrectly potted another player all mean that Smith shouldn't be dropped? Why didn't he play in the first two games if his form is so good?

I re-watched the game and Smith's skills are far too much of a detriment when the rest of his game isn't clicking. Daniel absolutely should come in for him.

I've softened a bit on Biggs; for every bad thing he did (dropping the chest mark in the first leading to their second goal) there was something of equal benefit (winning a 2-on-1 with a little underground kick to (I think) Picken on the members' wing). I wouldn't have any beef with Williams coming in for him, but also wouldn't mind if he stays in. His form is somewhere in between the perception of it on this forum and how awesome his instagram account is.

Not sure what you are getting at. I gather you aren't a Smith fan, time will tell :) You are in the minority re Biggs.

aker39
26-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Phil Davis ruled out with a hamstring injury.

comrade
26-04-2017, 12:20 PM

That helps.

LostDoggy
26-04-2017, 05:17 PM

Sweet ;)

bornadog
26-04-2017, 06:53 PM
From AFL.com.au

Matthew Boyd (head) and Josh Dunkley (hip) should overcome minor injuries sustained in the win over the Brisbane Lions in time for Friday night's clash with Greater Western Sydney in Canberra.

If coach Luke Beveridge is looking to make a change to his inconsistent side, plenty of players in the VFL put their hands up for senior selection. Second-year midfielder Bailey Williams continued his blazing start to the season with a commanding performance in Footscray's win over Werribee. The 19-year-old amassed 31 disposals, 13 marks and three tackles in a best afield display.

Dumped playmaker Caleb Daniel gave another reminder of his worth by collecting 27 touches and six tackles. Versatile midfielder Lukas Webb continued his good form with 25 possessions and five tackles.

Impressive draftee Tim English was prominent in the ruck again with 31 hit-outs, 16 possessions and five marks. And while AFL selection would be a left-field call, first-year forward Fergus Greene finished with a bag of five goals after kicking four in his VFL debut last week. Taken with pick 70 in last year's NAB AFL Draft, the Bendigo product has great game sense and is a beautiful kick. - Ryan Davidson

merantau
26-04-2017, 07:50 PM
I am against dropping Biggs. Apart from that dropped mark I don't recall any other shockers. He gave us a bit,of run in the second half.

1eyedog
26-04-2017, 09:41 PM
I am against dropping Biggs. Apart from that dropped mark I don't recall any other shockers. He gave us a bit,of run in the second half.

I think he's just going at the moment. Thing is, Bailey Williams is absolutely tearing it up in the twos and is ready and due.

Biggs has only just come back in again so can't see him being dropped so quickly.

ratsmac
26-04-2017, 11:55 PM

Praise the Lord!

bornadog
27-04-2017, 12:18 PM
LB Press Conference:

* Williams and Caleb will make the trip to Canberra as part of squad of 23

* More decisions will be made this afternoon

* I think we've played our best at different times. How far off are we from four quarter? I don't have a crystal ball

* We had 16 scorers last week, so it's a good spread. We kicked a lot of points, plan is to improve there

* We are kicking some reasonable scores

robb
27-04-2017, 02:57 PM
If my maths is right then two changes minimum this week.

22 team, 23 going. Dale, Williams and Daniel going. Two of them must be playing at least.

Happy Days
27-04-2017, 03:08 PM
If my maths is right then two changes minimum this week.

22 team, 23 going. Dale, Williams and Daniel going. Two of them must be playing at least.

They usually take a couple of travelling emergencies to each game, so there may not be any changes.

LostDoggy
27-04-2017, 03:20 PM
They usually take a couple of travelling emergencies to each game, so there may not be any changes.

if that was the case they would be taking 24 or 25!

Because they only have 23 it means 2 of Dale, Daniel and Williams are playing!

Axe Man
27-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Bevo set to swap his Dogs in hunt for consistency (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-27/bevo-set-to-swap-his-dogs-in-hunt-for-consistency)

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge could make several changes to his inconsistent side for Friday night's clash with Greater Western Sydney in Canberra.

While he wouldn't reveal specific omissions from the side that beat the Brisbane Lions last week, Beveridge confirmed midfielders Caleb Daniel, Bailey Williams and Bailey Dale were in the mix to play.

Despite winning four of their first five games this season, the Bulldogs are yet to string together a four-quarter performance in their premiership defence.

"We're taking a squad of 23 up (to Canberra), so we'll make some decisions this afternoon to finalise the team," Beveridge said at Melbourne Airport on Thursday morning.

"(Dale) is definitely in the mix to come in, but may not either.

"We're bringing Bailey Williams and Caleb (Daniel) up as well."

Beveridge confirmed midfielder Mitch Wallis would make his long-awaited comeback from a badly broken leg in the VFL on Friday night.

Forward Tory Dickson will join Wallis in the Footscray side to play North Ballarat, after overcoming a abdominal strain.

Fellow forward Stewart Crameri will miss another week with a hip complaint.

Beveridge conceded the Dogs' habit of coming from behind this season to win games was an "interesting" ways to secure four points, but he remains frustrated his players haven't been finishing off their good work in front of goal.

The premiers sit 17th in goal-kicking accuracy this season, with only 43 per cent of shots hitting the mark, and 17.20 against the Lions was evidence of their wayward ways.

On a positive note, they have been able to enhance their scoring efficiency from inside 50s significantly.

"We had 16 scorers last week off their own boot, so it's a good spread," Beveridge said.

"We had 12 goalkickers, but we kicked a lot of points that were very gettable.

"I think out of the five games (we've had some final scores) of 120 (and) 110, so we're kicking some reasonable scores.

"But if we can be a bit more accurate (in front of goal), who knows what that could turn into?"

Axe Man
27-04-2017, 03:50 PM

It's unclear whether Dale is part of the 23 or just in the mix.

Happy Days
27-04-2017, 04:06 PM

True. Surprised they aren't doing that anyway.

bornadog
27-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Mark Stevens‏ @Stevo7AFL (https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL)

No Biggs for Dogs in Canberra ... Bailey Williams looks likely to come in, Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale also training ...

1eyedog
27-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Mark Stevens‏ @Stevo7AFL (https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL)

No Biggs for Dogs in Canberra ... Bailey Williams looks likely to come in, Caleb Daniel and Bailey Dale also training ...

Happy with this. I'm keen to see how Williams goes he's been in white hot form, is quick, a great size and kicks the ball well. With so many half backs in the team it also releases JJ and Bob forward which will help off-set the loss of Dickson and Crameri.

I have a feeling Daniel / Dale will play for Dunkley.

bornadog
27-04-2017, 05:54 PM
Happy with this. I'm keen to see how Williams goes he's been in white hot form, is quick, a great size and kicks the ball well. With so many half backs in the team it also releases JJ and Bob forward which will help off-set the loss of Dickson and Crameri.

I have a feeling Daniel / Dale will play for Dunkley.

Looking like Matty Boyd out, guessing Caleb in and Williams for Biggs

bornadog
27-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Mark Stevens‏ @Stevo7AFL (https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL) 24 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL/status/857482804241747969)More

Matty Boyd also having a spell for Dogs, managed ... Murphy and Dunkley stationary drills but fine

1eyedog
27-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Good to keep getting games into Daniel, McLean, Williams, Dunkley. They're four players who will only get better and we know we have something with all four of them.

Mofra
27-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Williams can also play on a wing, Murphy seems to be playing better football this year as a forward.

The big worry is Matty Boyd - we haven't won a game with Bevo as coach with Matty Boyd out.

lemmon
27-04-2017, 06:32 PM
I wonder why Dale was taken ahead of Webb

Mantis
27-04-2017, 06:46 PM

What would be your suggestion?

Twodogs
27-04-2017, 06:53 PM

You're right. It doesn't add up properly otherwise.

I think!

lemmon
27-04-2017, 07:07 PM
What would be your suggestion?

Must be looking for some outside polish or run and carry. I'd suggest we're playing enough flankers and would've preferred a genuine mid though.

Without knowing how guys are rated internally, it's hard not to feel for Lukas. Seems to be overlooked pretty regularly while being one of Footscray's most consistent performers.

josie
27-04-2017, 07:29 PM

Bevo said in his presser that Webb is inside mid and we have a glut of them, however with if he continues his good form in the VFL he will get a chance to be promoted.

I find this interesting as I reckon we've missed some inside grunt with Libba being a bit down compared to last year. Clearly MC grading our inside midfielders on other things I do not pick up e.g. defensive pressure on oppo mids.

josie
27-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Looking like Matty Boyd out, guessing Caleb in and Williams for Biggs

A big cigar for BAD....that's exactly what's happened. And perhaps if Dunkley is sore then Dale will play.

1eyedog
27-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Bevo said in his presser that Webb is inside mid and we have a glut of them, however with if he continues his good form in the VFL he will get a chance to be promoted.

I find this interesting as I reckon we've missed some inside grunt with Libba being a bit down compared to last year. Clearly MC grading our inside midfielders on other things I do not pick up e.g. defensive pressure on oppo mids.

That or we are just bereft of finishers atm.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Happy to see Williams included - think he could be a real gem.

Rocco Jones
27-04-2017, 09:13 PM
I get Libba has been a bit down but I don't think it's as bad as some as making out.

1st in the league for tackles and 12th for contested possessions. Rate both stats a lot more than finding it 30 times a week.

jeemak
27-04-2017, 10:44 PM

A bit has to do with pace as well.

Outside players have to be either extremely (like elite level) clever, or unbelievably fast as space closes up so quickly. We don't have anyone on our list that is both of these things.

1eyedog
27-04-2017, 10:57 PM
A bit has to do with pace as well.

Outside players have to be either extremely (like elite level) clever, or unbelievably fast as space closes up so quickly. We don't have anyone on our list that is both of these things.

Yes we do Lynch and he can't be far off getting his opportunity.

jeemak
27-04-2017, 11:02 PM

I haven't seen enough of him to determine whether he's elite clever mate.

lemmon
27-04-2017, 11:17 PM
I get Libba has been a bit down but I don't think it's as bad as some as making out.

1st in the league for tackles and 12th for contested possessions. Rate both stats a lot more than finding it 30 times a week.

Spending so much time on a forward flank is definitely another reason his disposal numbers are down. With Dale in and our clearance work being pretty average lately, I'm hoping it means he'll spend more time in the guts.

1eyedog
27-04-2017, 11:29 PM
I haven't seen enough of him to determine whether he's elite clever mate.

He's elite clever at using his pace to his advantage.

hujsh
28-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Spending so much time on a forward flank is definitely another reason his disposal numbers are down. With Dale in and our clearance work being pretty average lately, I'm hoping it means he'll spend more time in the guts.

Do you mean Daniel?

LostDoggy
28-04-2017, 08:04 AM

I'm so glad somebody has written this. Over 2017, Libba is currently our #1 player for clearances, contested possessions and tackles - 3 of the most crucial stat categories. If he is injured/out of form/in need of a rest, I'm not sure what that says about the rest of the team.

jeemak
28-04-2017, 09:58 AM
He's elite clever at using his pace to his advantage.

We'll see whether he can do it at the level. If he's both quick and elite with getting away from people and finding space then he should be fine. Let's see if we leave him to it, or turn him into another inside player.

bornadog
28-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Clay playing his 50th tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-c9IMAVwAAiMcT.jpg

lemmon
28-04-2017, 10:10 AM
Do you mean Daniel?

Yep meant Caleb playing more high half forward and Libba in the guts.

Mofra
28-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Lynch is so outside he needs to buy a GA ticket every time he gets the ball.
If he develops a harder edge he'll be good for us (JJ-like pace and straight line ball use) but I'm not sold that he is AFL ready just yet.

LostDoggy
28-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Clay playing his 50th tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-c9IMAVwAAiMcT.jpg

Well done Clay. Few have overcome as much as him to get to 50. Let's hope there are many more games and another flag or 2 yet to come.

Jeanette54
28-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Clay is one of those players who are difficult to watch without fearing for their personal safety. That, for me, puts him in the elite company of Dale Morris, Matty Boyd and (recently) Daniel Cross.

That says a lot.

Congratulations Clay on a well earned 50 games, the Bulldogs are a better team when you are playing well.

always right
28-04-2017, 12:04 PM
I like this week's changes. Two blokes coming in who are bringing in great form.

LostDoggy
29-04-2017, 12:53 AM
I like this week's changes. Two blokes coming in who are bringing in great form.

Great effort on making 50 games but I thought Clay looked very slow tonight and he went to ground to quickly. Not one of his better games.