St Kilda v Geelong Etihad Stadium 3.20pm

Hawthorn v West Coast MCG 4.40pm

Monday April 24

Richmond v Melbourne MCG 7.25pm

Tuesday April 25

Essendon v Collingwood MCG 3.20pm

Eastdog
19-04-2017, 04:18 PM
From Round 6 onwards I will create just one thread all AFL 2017 Discussion where I just post up the fixture each week within the one thread that will save me from making a new thread each week.

boydogs
19-04-2017, 11:08 PM
Sydney really need to get on the board. They've played a lot of kids early and had some narrow losses but at their best are squarely in flag contention if they can get themselves to September

Remi Moses
20-04-2017, 08:20 PM
Wow wee! Port v :confused:
Can't wait

Remi Moses
20-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Nathan Hrovat dropped

Twodogs
20-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Nathan Hrovat dropped

Didn't think he was that bad. He hung back from a couple of contests though, I don't reckon that'd go down well with Brad Scott.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Put a multi on Port, Dogs, Crows, GWS, Saints, West Coast, Melbourne and Essendon.

Fingers are crossed.

That aside, huge games for Saints and Dees - both need to win these types of games if they want to push for the 8.

Twodogs
20-04-2017, 10:50 PM
That's going to pay well if it gets up TBB. Fingers crossed.

comrade
20-04-2017, 11:03 PM
Put a multi on Port, Dogs, Crows, GWS, Saints, West Coast, Melbourne and Essendon.

Fingers are crossed

That aside, huge games for Saints and Dees - both need to win these types of games if they want to push for the 8.

What's the payout?

bornadog
20-04-2017, 11:32 PM
Sydney desperate for a win - it would be nice for them to knock off GWS.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-04-2017, 11:50 PM
That's going to pay well if it gets up TBB. Fingers crossed.

Should the first 7 get up, I'll probably cash out!

What's the payout?

$1,150.

Twodogs
21-04-2017, 12:26 AM
Should the first 7 get up, I'll probably cash out!

Is the Essendon game the day after the other games? That 12 hour wait with a ticket in my pocket that I knew I could cash out would be hell I reckon.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-04-2017, 12:41 AM
Is the Essendon game the day after the other games? That 12 hour wait with a ticket in my pocket that I knew I could cash out would be hell I reckon.

Yep, last game of the round. Don't think I'd have the nerve to hold out the 12 hours!

Twodogs
21-04-2017, 12:58 AM
What would be the cash out figure if the first six win? Do they make a decent offer?

bornadog
21-04-2017, 11:34 PM
Carlton embarrassed again on Friday Night Footy - I am loving it.:)

bulldogtragic
21-04-2017, 11:38 PM

Or laterally, The AFEL embarrassed again on Friday Night Footy scheduling Carlton to play Friday Night Footy.

Surely Carlton don't want these games. The home team gets the money and the Carlton leaning kids get to watch them shit it up and wonder to themselves, 'maybe I should follow the Western Bulldogs'.

Remi Moses
22-04-2017, 12:04 AM
Surely Carlton don't get a Friday night game until at least 2030

jeemak
22-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Yes, but don't call me Shirley.

GVGjr
22-04-2017, 08:56 AM

I suspect the club isn't that serious about this year. Their focus will be on developing younger players more than trying to win games but yes performances like last night should result in less high profile games for them next season.

Sedat
22-04-2017, 09:50 AM
I suspect the club isn't that serious about this year. Their focus will be on developing younger players more than trying to win games but yes performances like last night should result in less high profile games for them next season.
For once they have hired a coach prepared to take the long haul approach to improving the list. Green shoots everywhere but they will be competition fodder in 2017. I'd much rather be Carlton than Essendon or Hawthorn in terms of list profile and emerging young talent.

Remi Moses
22-04-2017, 08:44 PM
I'd take Hawthorn's 4 flags in 10 years though.
How long will their fan base take being patient ?

Twodogs
22-04-2017, 08:51 PM
I'd take Hawthorn's 4 flags in 10 years though.
How long will their fan base take being patient ?

So would I, and hopefully I will.

Not long if history is anything to go by.

merantau
22-04-2017, 09:12 PM
North doing well against the Dockers. Bit of spite in the game so far. Keep going North.

Dry Rot
22-04-2017, 09:29 PM
I trust we are all vocal Swans fans tonight.

bornadog
22-04-2017, 09:32 PM
I trust we are all vocal Swans fans tonight.

I am

merantau
22-04-2017, 10:08 PM
I am
In the immortal words of Sam Goldwyn: "Include me in."

North having a real crack.

Twodogs
22-04-2017, 10:14 PM
I am

It's not going well. Greatstart for Sydney with the first 4 goals but GWS have kicked 10 of the last 11 to lead by 25 points. It's going to take a big turn around from here.

G-Mo77
22-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Lol. Norf.

Twodogs
22-04-2017, 11:13 PM

Fingers are crossed.

First four legs have got up. It's going to be squeaky bum Sunday (to quote Sir Alex Ferguson) for you tomorrow mate. West Coast should get up but the saints are a worry I reckon.

Remi Moses
22-04-2017, 11:18 PM
Oh dear ! Norf

Remi Moses
22-04-2017, 11:18 PM
Brad Scott's record in close games is awful .
GWS just toyed with Sydney to be honest .

Twodogs
22-04-2017, 11:23 PM
North. All I've got to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And point. I really do love our next door neighbours.

ledge
23-04-2017, 01:34 AM
Can't see Scott getting sacked he is the most consistent coach in the AFL.

GVGjr
23-04-2017, 08:47 AM
GWS are in ominous form. Thats quite a belting they've given the Swans

bornadog
23-04-2017, 04:31 PM
GWS are in ominous form. Thats quite a belting they've given the Swans

Swans are leaving their run abit late, 5 losses is hard to over turn if you want to be top 4.

On GWS, let them play their best footy now and fall over half way during the season. :D

ledge
23-04-2017, 06:29 PM
West coast are very very suspect in Melbourne.
I still expect them to win though it is the Hawks.

ledge
23-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Saints are giving it a red hot go , but looks like Geelong are moving away now.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-04-2017, 07:05 PM
First four legs have got up. It's going to be squeaky bum Sunday (to quote Sir Alex Ferguson) for you tomorrow mate. West Coast should get up but the saints are a worry I reckon.

Both Saints and Eagles crap.

Ah well, see what I can throw 10 on next week!

Remi Moses
23-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Pretty ordinary from stkilda as they just capitulated .
Selwood was just incredible in that last term .
West coast are playing like west coast at the G.
Brad Scott's record in close games is diabolical , and they're 3 from 19 games .

Topdog
24-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Eagles are pretty rubbish in Melbourne but that was a good win by the Hawks.

Get up vs the Saints in Tassie next week and they will be 3-4 after they play Brisbane in Melb.

Saints performing as expected from me. They did OK last season and everyone expected them to push on but their best 5 players last season were all old (well 5/6 from memory). The youth that they have just isnt really there.

Twodogs
24-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Eagles are pretty rubbish in Melbourne but that was a good win by the Hawks.

Get up vs the Saints in Tassie next week and they will be 3-4 after they play Brisbane in Melb.

Saints performing as expected from me. They did OK last season and everyone expected them to push on but their best 5 players last season were all old (well 5/6 from memory). The youth that they have just isnt really there.

I wonder why they traded for Stevens if they aren't going to play him?

ledge
24-04-2017, 06:36 PM
I wonder why they traded for Stevens if they aren't going to play him?

What did we get for him ?
And I wonder if he would have got any games with us this year?

Dry Rot
24-04-2017, 06:43 PM
How is wonder defender Carlisle going?

ledge
24-04-2017, 06:59 PM

Just had a look at his stats for the 5 games and he had one good one,15 possessions at 100% disposal, but certainly doesn't tackle or chase.
Averages around 40 in SuperCoach which isn't really a good guide for defenders.
I would give him a few more weeks before making a call on this season.

Twodogs
24-04-2017, 07:08 PM
What did we get for him ?
And I wonder if he would have got any games with us this year?

I'm kind of glad he's gone because we would have had to have played him ATM and he butchers the ball. We already have Lin Jong who does everything perfectly and then misses his target by 10 metres. Another player like that would drive me over the edge.

He appeared to be wearing a car tyre underneath his jumper and he still runs into his own teamates.

jeemak
24-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Cracking game at the G between Richmond and Melbourne, and an 85K crowd.

Tigers have shown great spirit to come back from 20 pts down at three quarter time, their supporters are going nuts.

bulldogtragic
24-04-2017, 10:59 PM
I wish Roosy was still coach. He'd be ripping everyone and everything a part after the Freo loss and this one. Hopefully the new coach rips into Roosy and the culture of losing he created.

G-Mo77
24-04-2017, 11:03 PM
I can't wait to burst the Richmond bubble in 2 weeks.

bornadog
24-04-2017, 11:06 PM
Melbourne capitulate for the 3rd week in a row when they looked like winning for most of the game. Two injuries didn't help them.

bornadog
24-04-2017, 11:07 PM
I can't wait to burst the Richmond bubble in 2 weeks.

They play Adelaide next week over there.

G-Mo77
24-04-2017, 11:12 PM
They play Adelaide next week over there.

Round 7 we have them

Topdog
24-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Melbourne capitulate for the 3rd week in a row when they looked like winning for most of the game. Two injuries didn't help them.

To be fair to them it looked like the injuries played a big part tonight. They looked cooked at the start of the 4th

Mantis
24-04-2017, 11:29 PM

The 2 injuries were the reason they dropped off, Nankervis had a big influence late in the game and Melb missed Watts across HF.

jeemak
24-04-2017, 11:57 PM
The 2 injuries were the reason they dropped off, Nankervis had a big influence late in the game and Melb missed Watts across HF.

Tough not to in those conditions and a heated contest, rotations become super important.

Watts was really clean in spots tonight.

Twodogs
25-04-2017, 12:11 AM
Nankervis has been a really good pick up for Richmond. He would have been handy with us at the moment.

Sedat
25-04-2017, 12:39 AM
Injuries obviously played a part but what did Goodwin do to stem the flow? Watts was rooted at 3/4 time - Hogan should have swapped with him and taken a turn in the ruck. Or is he too good to do some heavy lifting outside F50? McDonald was diabolical on Riewoldt but Goodwin never made the change. Viney and Jones struggled in the middle but weren't tried anywhere else.

Small sample size but Goodwin looks like a limited coach who is stubborn and only has one tactic in his kitbag, the aggressive press. Will watch with interest to see how he coaches with an injury hit team in the next few weeks.

Dry Rot
25-04-2017, 12:52 AM
Melbourne = Pea Hearts.

comrade
25-04-2017, 01:05 AM
Injuries obviously played a part but what did Goodwin do to stem the flow? Watts was rooted at 3/4 time - Hogan should have swapped with him and taken a turn in the ruck. Or is he too good to do some heavy lifting outside F50? McDonald was diabolical on Riewoldt but Goodwin never made the change. Viney and Jones struggled in the middle but weren't tried anywhere else.

Small sample size but Goodwin looks like a limited coach who is stubborn and only has one tactic in his kitbag, the aggressive press. Will watch with interest to see how he coaches with an injury hit team in the next few weeks.

Came here to say the same thing. Shocking coaching from Goodwin.

Nankervis was obviously going to get on top, yet the set ups at stoppages were diabolical from Melbourne. So much space for Tiger mids to run into, no one on the defensive side, just utter chaos. Why not sacrifice a forward and bring an extra to each stoppage to block the space and give Nankervis less options?

Injuries didn't help but this was lost in the coach's box.

Dry Rot
25-04-2017, 01:08 AM
Petracca is a ****ing big unit. Viney is a tool.

Dry Rot
25-04-2017, 02:12 AM
Does anyone actually have any interest in today's game Pies v Bombers?

GVGjr
25-04-2017, 07:19 AM
I think we can beat both Melbourne or Richmond teams but they're both playing well.

The AFL would be very pleased with a crowd of 85,000 and the Tiger supporters certainly come out when the team is winning games.

GVGjr
25-04-2017, 07:20 AM

A slight interest but I doubt I will watch it.

Hotdog60
25-04-2017, 08:09 AM
A slight interest but I doubt I will watch it.

Ditto.
I've actually only seen these two play once or twice on this day since it came into being.

Webby
25-04-2017, 08:12 AM
The AFL would be very pleased with a crowd of 85,000 and the Tiger supporters certainly come out when the team is winning games.

One of the big keys to a big crowd at the MCG is the MCC Members turning out. Sometimes the ground can be packed, but the Members area is a bit light on. That doesn't tend to happen when Melbourne are going well.

Richmond have done phenomenally well to hold onto their supporter base despite their tribulations over the past 35 years. Although many of them have placed footy as a squarely secondary hobby over the past three decades, there's a hell of a lot of them out in that SE corridor of Melbourne!

Webby
25-04-2017, 08:16 AM

I'm always interested in Essendon being beaten. I wish I could flick my brain across from antipathy to aloofness mode for them - as I realise that by hating them, I am, by definition, consuming their product and probably indirectly helping them - but I just can't.

Their supporters are collectively the worst in the comp by some distance.

G-Mo77
25-04-2017, 08:40 AM

None. Haven't watched it in years, won't start today.

jeemak
25-04-2017, 09:33 AM
I'm taking clients to the EFC Chairman's Lunch at the G. Never been to one so it's a box ticked I suppose.

Topdog
25-04-2017, 10:34 AM

Would love to see the Bombers lose, thats about it

ReLoad
25-04-2017, 10:43 AM
I think we can beat both Melbourne or Richmond teams but they're both playing well.

I went to the game last night and it was diabolical, the skill errors on both teams were abysmal. Both had efficiencies in the 60's

If either of those teams served that up against us we would smash them, that i have no fear at all of.

Melbourne have (apart form Hogan) virtually no KPP and thier rucks are offiically decimated.

As for Hogan, people were all over stringer last year when he was down on form (we know why) but seriously Hogan was 500% worse than stringer, he was always behind, looking for a cheapie, didnt really run and for all intensive purposes looked rubbish. Given his amazing talent its a shame. - is he going to leave at the end of the year?

As for the tigers, they really rely on three players, Rance, martin and Reiwoldt, if any of those 3 have a dirty night they wont win. Ive got no doubt that we can cover them.

Topdog
25-04-2017, 11:11 AM
As for Hogan, people were all over stringer last year when he was down on form (we know why) but seriously Hogan was 500% worse than stringer, he was always behind, looking for a cheapie, didnt really run and for all intensive purposes looked rubbish. Given his amazing talent its a shame. - is he going to leave at the end of the year?

First game back from suspension so i'll give him this week as a week to get back into it but as said earlier pretty much all young KPF are doing terribly this year

Remi Moses
25-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Richmond are entering the "men's dept" the next fortnight.

Twodogs
25-04-2017, 06:25 PM
We complain about some of our players and their yips with set shots. C7 just showed a graphic that said at 3/4 time from 11 set shots Collingwood have kicked 1.8!

ledge
25-04-2017, 06:56 PM
I like Anzac Day game , you know one will lose, the way Collingwood is going , not just the seniors but the reserves to , shows Buckleys game isn't any good.
They have a lot of talent in the seconds but they are playing terrible too .
Watch the pressure start to mount now.

Remi Moses
25-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Every Collingwood goal is a grind, and the connection between mids and forwards is hopeless .
Buckley' s had plenty of time to build this list, yet there are holes everywhere .There's no injury excuse now as well.
His coaching must be held to account as their high defensive line got cut open constantly . Stack of bomber goals kicked over the top

Go_Dogs
25-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Went along today and it was an OK game from a neutral perspective. Daniher has some pretty good wheels for a big fella.

We should have no trouble accounting for either side.

KT31
25-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Went along today and it was an OK game from a neutral perspective. Daniher has some pretty good wheels for a big fella.

We should have no trouble accounting for either side.
Daniher may be crap at a set shot but his work rate and long kicks into the forward 50 were exceptional.
Darcy Moore could learn a fair bit if he sat down and watched Danlhers game.

Twodogs
25-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Every Collingwood goal is a grind, and the connection between mids and forwards is hopeless .
Buckley' s had plenty of time to build this list, yet there are holes everywhere .There's no injury excuse now as well.
His coaching must be held to account as their high defensive line got cut open constantly . Stack of bomber goals kicked over the top

Actually he's plenty of time to destroy the list.

Daniher may be crap at a set shot but his work rate and long kicks into the forward 50 were exceptional.
Darcy Moore could learn a fair bit if he sat down and watched Danlhers game.

That's pretty much what Moore spent the day doing. Standing down his end watching Essendon players kick the ball.

KT31
25-04-2017, 11:49 PM
That's pretty much what Moore spent the day doing. Standing down his end watching Essendon players kick the ball.

Too true, TD.