PDA

View Full Version : Training 9/1/08

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm going this morning if anyone is inetrested I'll be there at 9:30.
Sorry about the late email westdog and twodogs.

bornadog
09-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Report back please Ernie

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Training report
They must have started just before 9:30 they were already into some match practice.
Not training but doing bike, boxing and laps were Minson, Harris, Gia, Skipper, Hill , Harbrow, Welsh, Tiller and a young guy (not sure who, had 33 on back)

Scott West, though in training gears, stood out of the all session and watched/almost coached.
Williams went in early prior to me getting there then came out late and just strolled around talk. He is noticeably bigger not just in the upper body but in the legs as well.

A lot of the recruits weren’t there. Eg Grant, Ward, Boumann., etc I think OKeefee and the one in rehab were the only one there.

Ayce Cordy (tall but very skinny legs) and another young guy called Jay trained.

From match practice, Griffen played but made an error or two, Aker looked good, and Cooney was in the back half. Interesting match up was Doogs CHB v Wight CHF. I’d give it to Doogs just.

Now the player I completely did not recognise was Andrejs Everitt. He did wear the no.3 but ran a lot of laps mixed in with match practice. He looks like a different player, gone are the dreadlocks, he is noticeable taller and more muscular. Baby face disappearing.

The Coon Dog
09-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks for that Ernie.

I'm sure I speak for all of us on here in thanking you for the great job you do keeping us so well informed & updated!

BulldogBelle
09-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for putting up a report Ern, much appreciated. :)

Did you see Welsh & Hudson?

Mantis
09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Training report
They must have started just before 9:30 they were already into some match practice.
Not training but doing bike, boxing and laps were Minson, Harris, Gia, Skipper, Hill , Harbrow, Welsh, Tiller and a young guy (not sure who, had 33 on back)

Scott West, though in training gears, stood out of the all session and watched/almost coached.
Williams went in early prior to me getting there then came out late and just strolled around talk. He is noticeably bigger not just in the upper body but in the legs as well.

A lot of the recruits weren’t there. Eg Grant, Ward, Boumann., etc I think OKeefee and the one in rehab were the only one there.

Ayce Cordy (tall but very skinny legs) and another young guy called Jay trained.

From match practice, Griffen played but made an error or two, Aker looked good, and Cooney was in the back half. Interesting match up was Doogs CHB v Wight CHF. I’d give it to Doogs just.

Now the player I completely did not recognise was Andrejs Everitt. He did were no.3 but ran a lot of laps mixed in with match practice. He looks like a different player, gone are the dreadlocks, he is noticeable taller and more muscular. Baby face disappearing.

I'm pretty sure the newly drafted players are at the AFL's induction week to which there is another thread on this board.

Thanks for the report Ernie.

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the newly drafted players are at the AFL's induction week to which there is another thread on this board.

Not all of them. At least 2 trained today as well as Cordy and Jay ?.

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks for putting up a report Ern, much appreciated. :)

Did you see Welsh & Hudson?

Yes as mentioned already Welsh didn't train. Hudson was with the main group.

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 04:06 PM
How did Wight go at CHF? how was his marking?

LostDoggy
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM
How did Wight go at CHF? how was his marking?

Yes a few mark but delivery was slow and poor. Doogs covered that well.
Had a nice long kick to a leading forward

DOG GOD
09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
thanks ernie....keep em coming.

bornadog
09-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Any problems getting in to watch?

westdog54
10-01-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm going this morning if anyone is inetrested I'll be there at 9:30.
Sorry about the late email westdog and twodogs.

Same time next week Ernie? I've got my brother coming along already.

LostDoggy
10-01-2008, 01:19 PM

Might even go tomorrow at 9am

The Bulldogs Bite
10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
When are the next few training sessions, and what times?

Is there a skills session tomorrow (Friday) at 9am Ernie?

Bulldog Revolution
10-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Nice one Earnie - good to see a bit of hot weather didn't destroy your resolve, nor the teams

LostDoggy
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM

Mind if i join you fellas?

LostDoggy
10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
No worries
Its at whitten oval for the others.

LostDoggy
10-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Training report

Ayce Cordy (tall but very skinny legs) and another young guy called Jay trained.From match practice, Griffen played but made an error or two, Aker looked good, and Cooney was in the back half. Interesting match up was Doogs CHB v Wight CHF. I’d give it to Doogs just.

Now the player I completely did not recognise was Andrejs Everitt. He did wear the no.3 but ran a lot of laps mixed in with match practice. He looks like a different player, gone are the dreadlocks, he is noticeable taller and more muscular. Baby face disappearing.

Jake Melksham

westdog54
10-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Might even go tomorrow at 9am

No good for me, nightshift tonight then afternoon shift tomorrow.

Sockeye Salmon
11-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Jake Melksham

Who's he and what has he done to get to train with us?

Sockeye Salmon
11-01-2008, 10:27 AM
I found out myself.

He's in the U16 AIS-AFL Academy squad. From Calder.

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=54557