PDA

View Full Version : The Next Month

comrade
23-04-2017, 12:35 PM
We're sitting at 4-1 after playing bottom 8 teams. We now hit a month vs teams that are in form.

What's your prediction?

R6 vs GWS (away)
R7 vs Richmond (Etihad)
R8 vs West Coast (away)
R9 vs Geelong (away)

I think we'll go 2-2 with wins over Richmond & Geelong but I also wouldn't be shocked if we won or lost all 4.

Twodogs
23-04-2017, 12:39 PM
4-0. Our season starts now.

Eastdog
23-04-2017, 12:56 PM
It's a challenging month ahead.

If we turn it up a notch potentially could win all 4

3 wins out of 4 would be a great result

Realistically I reckon 2 wins from 4 which will put us on 6-3

bulldogtragic
23-04-2017, 01:21 PM
If we can get to the bye at least 7-3 (2 of the next month and St Kilda), then we give ourselves a platform to go really hard after the bye when we get back best 22 players in Roughy, Morris, Dickson, Crameri, Cloke & Wallis.

Good luck fitting them all in at the match committee meetings.

LostDoggy
23-04-2017, 01:34 PM
In our best form we can best all of them.

In the form we are in I reckon we go 2-2, dropping games against GWS and Geelong

Eastdog
23-04-2017, 01:48 PM
Beating GWS again will be a great scalp along with beating the Swans although they are struggling at the minute.

Hotdog60
23-04-2017, 02:27 PM
I hate to say it but this week is one we need to win and win well. Not so much by a big margin but to be in control of the game and play it on our terms.
GWS will most likely make the finals and maybe go deep. We have created some scars against them and I would like to enhance those scars to run a little bit deeper every time we play them.

Twodogs
23-04-2017, 02:46 PM
I hate to say it but this week is one we need to win and win well. Not so much by a big margin but to be in control of the game and play it on our terms.
GWS will most likely make the finals and maybe go deep. We have created some scars against them and I would like to enhance those scars to run a little bit deeper every time we play them.

Im happy to scrape home by a point after being 7 goals in front at 3/4 time but I see your point.

bornadog
23-04-2017, 03:52 PM
I think we will take our intensity up a few notches this week, and beat GWS. The only real worry for me is the trip to the West.

Eastdog
23-04-2017, 04:02 PM
I think we will take our intensity up a few notches this week, and beat GWS. The only real worry for me is the trip to the West.

Yeah you could be right BAD. I have feeling that might happen.

bulldogtragic
23-04-2017, 04:03 PM

The biggest worry is Darling shitting himself again if Dunkley is in his general vicinity... :D

The Bulldogs Bite
23-04-2017, 07:07 PM
If we lose to Geelong again, quote Terry Wallace.

bulldogtragic
23-04-2017, 07:12 PM

'No I haven't been promised the Sydney job, I've taken this group as far as I can. I will be coaching the year out though.' ???

Enter, Chris Grant!

Eastdog
23-04-2017, 08:41 PM

At the moment it will be tough to break the drought but hopefully by the time we play them we would have picked up more and they are in a slump.

1eyedog
23-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Hopefully we can get over the top of Richmond and go in 5/4. Either way I'll be driving up to Canberra.

AndrewP6
23-04-2017, 10:55 PM
I think we'll go 2-2. I think GWS and Geelong will be too tough at this point in time.

boydogs
23-04-2017, 11:09 PM
We now hit a month vs teams that are in form

West Coast no longer in form. They're a different side at home though. The way we've been playing we'll go 1-3, if we actually play 4 quarters we could beat all of them

Mantis
24-04-2017, 08:50 AM

It would be nice to meet them on level terms... Just once.

Re: OP - I would be happy to go 2-2, but more interested in performances (both team and individuals) than results.. But obviously I don't want to lose them all.

Bulldog Joe
24-04-2017, 09:07 AM
We certainly need to improve on what we have done in the first 5 rounds.

Really want to beat GWS this week. That would boost the belief for the group.

The following weeks may be determined by how we manage the GWS game.

Possible that we win all 4, but also possible to lose the lot.

I would be happy with 3-1 and beating Geelong.

Ozza
24-04-2017, 10:18 AM
I'm certainly nervous about the next month. Perhaps the stronger teams will bring out our best and be the circuit breaker we need to capture the intensity and performance level of last year.

I worry that the recent comeback wins has merely papered over the cracks a bit - and that we on the cusp of being on the receiving end of a big loss.

Mantis
24-04-2017, 10:38 AM
I'm certainly nervous about the next month. Perhaps the stronger teams will bring out our best and be the circuit breaker we need to capture the intensity and performance level of last year.

I worry that the recent comeback wins has merely papered over the cracks a bit - and that we on the cusp of being on the receiving end of a big loss.

Have a little faith.

Over the past 30 odd games we have been beaten once by more than 26 pts.. if anything else this team has some spirit, and whilst our execution hasn't been great, we won't be rolling over.

Ozza
24-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Have a little faith.

Over the past 30 odd games we have been beaten once by more than 26 pts.. if anything else this team has some spirit, and whilst our execution hasn't been great, we won't be rolling over.

I have faith!
But I also have some nerves!

To clarify that a bit - and I think in the second half of this year, we could really hit our straps and come home looking the goods and primed for the finals. If we could get to 7-4 at the half way point, that would be huge - because we'll win 9 or 10 of our last 11.
2-2 in the next four matches would see us very well place IMO. 3 or 4 wins would be a bonus.

Topdog
24-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Geez seems like the premiership belief is gone from many.

I'd be shocked if we go 0-4, absolutely gobsmacked to be frank.

I don't see why we should be fearing teams at all. GWS in NSW will be the most difficult of the bunch, rest we should win.

LostDoggy
24-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Will go 4-0.
#stillbelieving

Twodogs
24-04-2017, 07:01 PM

I don't see why we should be fearing teams at all. GWS in NSW will be the most difficult of the bunch, rest we should win.

Will go 4-0.
#stillbelieving

Amen to that. We are the premiers. We've lost twice in the last 13 games. We will beat the plastics.

Go_Dogs
24-04-2017, 07:46 PM
I'd be content with going 2-2, but like others, our form line and improvement in a few areas will be the biggest takeaways.

MrMahatma
25-04-2017, 06:06 AM
We can beat anyone.

No reason to concede acceptance of anything less than 4-0.

Eastdog
25-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Amen to that. We are the premiers. We've lost twice in the last 13 games. We will beat the plastics.

So right. Teams should still be fearing us. I have a good feeling this Friday night.

Eastdog
25-04-2017, 03:31 PM

Both to Freo and we have worked hard this year to win all our games this year. We have a lot of spirit and fight in us and I still give us very chance to win the whole thing again.

ratsmac
25-04-2017, 11:30 PM
This is definitely going to test us this next month but I have a feeling we have been building towards this next period up to the bye. We have been playing in patches but I thought the Brisbane game was one of our better games. Had we not wasted our chances we would of won by 10+ goals. Coulda woulda shoulda I know but we showed what we are capable of in the 2nd half.

Brisbane showed how easy we are scored against when we push too far up with our forward press. Once we adjusted Brisbane couldn't score. A lesson learned I hope.

However our next opponents are not Brisbane and I think (hope) we are prepared for it. The players will be super pumped for this and its going to be on like donkey kong.

I think we'll win 3 out of the 4 but If we win 2 -2 please please please footy gods make it against GWS and Geelong. Although I'd be proper pissed if we lose to Richmond.

1eyedog
26-04-2017, 10:06 AM

I think losing to GWS, Geelong down there and WC over there is a very real possibility, especially the way we have been playing. We've been on the cusp of losing every game we've played this year and haven't faced anyone in the top 8.

We can still win the premiership if we lose 3 out of the next 4 no problem with that. We get a heap of resources back for the second half of the season.

DOG GOD
27-04-2017, 09:00 AM
I think losing to GWS, Geelong down there and WC over there is a very real possibility, especially the way we have been playing. We've been on the cusp of losing every game we've played this year and haven't faced anyone in the top 8.

We can still win the premiership if we lose 3 out of the next 4 no problem with that. We get a heap of resources back for the second half of the season.

I agree mate, from what I've seen so far we are lucky to be 4-0. GWS will come out hard as revenge from the prelim...give them a start and we won't be pulling that back on our form. Rich I'm hoping get flogged by Adelaide, so they meet us with their tails between their legs after a very soft draw. WC are a completely different team in Perth, and Geel are a bogey team....I'm hoping 2-2, but wouldn't be surprised if we don't win any :(

1eyedog
27-04-2017, 09:15 AM
I agree mate, from what I've seen so far we are lucky to be 4-0. GWS will come out hard as revenge from the prelim...give them a start and we won't be pulling that back on our form. Rich I'm hoping get flogged by Adelaide, so they meet us with their tails between their legs after a very soft draw. WC are a completely different team in Perth, and Geel are a bogey team....I'm hoping 2-2, but wouldn't be surprised if we don't win any :(

Does Toby McLean give you faith in #16?

bornadog
27-04-2017, 09:25 AM
I for one, am looking forward to the next four games.

S Coast Simon
27-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Big test this week. We are underdone and a few short. GWS will come out blazing after the prelim loss. Boys better turn up or we will get belted. I have faith in the Bulldogs to improve dramatically but the plastics are on fire at the moment. Will be interesting I think the boys have been trained hard the last month and that shows in our performance. Been eased off last week that's why the turn around in the last half. They could be primed after the finish and Bobs big day. Now it's back to the business of premiership defence

LostDoggy
27-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Personally I feel like this is the perfect game for us this week. We now have 5 games of footy under our belt. We are playing our new main rival who we know will come at us after last year.

Our intensity will lift to their level, our game will lift to their level.

We will beat them again.

Topdog
27-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Our intensity will lift to their level, our game will lift to their level.

We will beat them again.

Boom thats the confidence and belief I like to see