North Melbourne v Gold Coast Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

West Coast v Fremantle Domain Stadium 8.10pm

Sunday April 30

Essendon v Melbourne Eithad Stadium 1.10pm

Geelong v Collingwood MCG 3.20pm

Adelaide v Richmond Adelaide Oval 4.40pm

boydogs
24-04-2017, 08:12 PM
If we play like we did in the second half last Saturday, it should be a great game

Twodogs
24-04-2017, 08:15 PM
If we play like we did in the second half last Saturday, it should be a great game

Hopefully we turned the corner with our form in the second half on Saturday.

Eastdog
24-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Hopefully we turned the corner with our form in the second half on Saturday.

Yes that was the big positive. Need to be like that in the 1st half as well on Friday against a formidable opponent but someone who all of us knows we beat last year in the prelim final.

Dry Rot
27-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Two Swallows don't make a summer, or Round 6.

NORTH Melbourne has made a statement at selection as it seeks to turn its winless start to the season around, with stalwarts Andrew Swallow and Lindsay Thomas dropped for Saturday night's clash against Gold Coast....

The Suns have made one change, replacing rested midfielder David Swallow with Jesse Lonergan for the clash at Etihad Stadium.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-27/roo-cull-swallow-thomas-dropped-cyril-hurt

Twodogs
27-04-2017, 11:18 PM
Swallow has looked cooked the times I've seen him this year. The game has gone past him.

Topdog
28-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Swallow has looked cooked the times I've seen him this year. The game has gone past him.

Yes, one for the played for one year too many thread :)

Remi Moses
28-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Blimey how many players , rested, managed ,general soreness? It's only round 6 !!

Twodogs
28-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Yes, one for the played for one year too many thread :)

Just like the rest of his club.

GVGjr
29-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Saints banner today was a good one having a crack at the Hawks for giving them a first round draft pick.

Saints with a nice lead.

Swans look like getting their first win of the season but aren't safe yet

Remi Moses
29-04-2017, 04:34 PM
Wow ! Stkilda hammering Hawthorn .
Just no run and carry , and just can't get the ball out of their back half .
The angry little man will be abusing someone this week

GVGjr
29-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Carlton have rallied against the Swans and now lead.

bulldogtragic
29-04-2017, 04:46 PM
Saints doing the right thing by Hawthorn's first pick, hoping to them. Hurting their percentage bigly might be the difference between pick 3-5 or so.

comrade
29-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Has a team lost their dominant aura as quickly as this Hawthorn team has?

Remi Moses
29-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Wow! Parallel universe
Hawks pumped, Swans beat by Carlton .
I think the GF defeat has hurt Sydney significantly .

Sedat
29-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Has a team lost their dominant aura as quickly as this Hawthorn team has?
Sydney aren't doing a bad job either.

GVGjr
29-04-2017, 08:55 PM

Perhaps an endorsement of the fact COLA was being used to prop up the club?

bulldogtragic
29-04-2017, 08:57 PM

Sydney lost their last 7. Including GF. Aura gone.
Hawthorn lost 6 of their last 7. Including SF. Aura gone.
WCE lost 3 of their last 6. Including EF. Aura gone.

Yet, no thanks from fans of the other 14 clubs.

The Western Bulldogs: Killing aura since 2016.

bulldogtragic
29-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Perhaps an endorsement of the fact COLA was being used to prop up the club?

I'm wondering if they'll shop Tippett around, even paying a small amount of his salary. They need to get their house in order, and Buddy is around for another 5 years!

westdog54
29-04-2017, 09:16 PM
The Gold Coast version of Tom Lynch Is bloody fun to watch. You could put 3 on him and he'd still be a chance of marking.

Hawthorn's drop away is quite alarming.

comrade
29-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Hrovat carving it up tonight. His 20-30m kicking into the forward line would be handy.

Scorlibo
29-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Hrovat carving it up tonight. His 20-30m kicking into the forward line would be handy.

Would be a walk up start to our forward line on tonight's form! It's great to see him putting it all together.

bulldogtragic
29-04-2017, 10:52 PM
North trying to lose.

comrade
29-04-2017, 10:56 PM
North trying to lose.

Brown has had a field day against a NEAFL standard defence.

bornadog
30-04-2017, 12:49 AM
Hawthorn's drop away is quite alarming.

Only to Hawthorn fans, the rest of us are happy.

jeemak
30-04-2017, 12:52 AM

Indeed, and let's not put Higgins into the conversation either.....

Topdog
30-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Gee imagine if we had Joe Daniher. 1 goal 6 behinds for him so far today

macca
30-04-2017, 05:28 PM
Saints have made out as bandits with hawks first round draft for this year, currently pick 3! Hawks have sold the farm trying to get Mitchell and omerea. Trading out Mitchell and lewis have really exposed their lack of depth.

comrade
30-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Nick Haynes out for 10 weeks. Huge loss for the Giants.

GVGjr
30-04-2017, 05:51 PM

Not a problem, he would be our ruckman :)

bulldogtragic
30-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Collingwood showing the rest of us that if you put time into Geelong's two best players, the rest isn't as great as they think it is. Good lesson for us in a few weeks.

GVGjr
30-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Collingwood showing the rest of us that if you put time into Geelong's two best players, the rest isn't as great as they think it is. Good lesson for us in a few weeks.
Could we deploy a tagger or two?

aker39
30-04-2017, 06:24 PM

Mitch Wallis??

GVGjr
30-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Mitch Wallis??

Maybe, I wonder if he will have the fitness to play on one of them.

Pies are going along OK. I wonder if they can hold on

bulldogtragic
30-04-2017, 06:28 PM

Mitch Wallis??

Maybe. I understand Bevo's logic about not tagging, but with this team that's where the weakness is to destroy the Deathstar. So someone who can tag, but also impact the other way and perhaps kick a goal or two. If Mitch was fit enough to go the distance, he'd be a good type whose very strong, a great gut runner, experienced tagger, can hurt going our way too and can hit the scoreboard.

bulldogtragic
30-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Geelong with only 15 scoring shots right now. I repeat, if you play this mob and shut down Danger & Selwood, they don't have much else to cover the deficit in these guys impact.

Edit: No conincidence this mini fight back is Selwood/Danger inspired.

Sedat
30-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Geelong with only 15 scoring shots right now. I repeat, if you play this mob and shut down Danger & Selwood, they don't have much else to cover the deficit in these guys impact.

Edit: No conincidence this mini fight back is Selwood/Danger inspired.
I'd go a step further and say they are borderline rubbish outside of these two. Chris Scott is selling them a lemon by staying competitive without having any chance to win the flag. Their fall will be Hawthorn-esque in about 2-3 years' time.

Sedat
30-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Mason Cox - lol.

Sedat
30-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Geelol

I hope Chris Scott gets asked in the presser about how he is coaching a two man team - want to see his smug face bristle with anger.

1eyedog
30-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Outside of our game it's a good round for us. We didn't get blown away, Geelong lose and so will Richmond, potentially badly, leaving us in touch of top 4.

GVGjr
30-04-2017, 06:56 PM
I don't feel right in saying this but that was an impressive performance by Collingwood.
Essendon got their selections wrong coming off a 5 day break but full credit to the Pies for running out the game.

comrade
30-04-2017, 06:58 PM
I'd go a step further and say they are borderline rubbish outside of these two. Chris Scott is selling them a lemon by staying competitive without having any chance to win the flag. Their fall will be Hawthorn-esque in about 2-3 years' time.

God I hope so.

ledge
30-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Well the tigers are the same old .. Adelaide put an extra man back and the Tigers had no idea what to do and just folded like a pack of cards.
Seems they have no other game plan when the opposition plan gets on top.

ledge
30-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Watched Martin today , seems he only goes when it's an advantage to him and he feels like it .
Eg watch the Sloane goal off a stoppage he doesn't put any pressure on and just watches , no thought of closing down the space going to goal.
Thought hardwicks reaction to it all was to sit and watch, didn't notice him try anything of any great change:

Twodogs
30-04-2017, 09:24 PM

Someone has taught a heap of junior coaches a lousy kicking technique to go out and teach to kids. So many key forwards can't kick at goal for anything because they are laying back as they kick the ball or running in crooked or spinning the ball in their hands as they walk in to shoot.

Maybe, I wonder if he will have the fitness to play on one of them.

Pies are going along OK. I wonder if they can hold on

I'm glad we played them round one. They were good even that night. I thought on the night that the way they played that they would have beat most teams.

Mitch Wallis??

Libba ran with Damgerfield in the game at KP last year after Danger had done some damage early running around by himself. Tom was going pretty well until his ankle went. That's when Danger ran rampant again and they pulled away.

Remi Moses
30-04-2017, 09:51 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a club so reliant on two players like Geelong
Adelaide very impressive early days

comrade
30-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Tigers exposed as the pretenders they are, but damn Adelaide are going to take some beating. Especially over there.

westdog54
01-05-2017, 01:47 AM
Maybe. I understand Bevo's logic about not tagging, but with this team that's where the weakness is to destroy the Deathstar. So someone who can tag, but also impact the other way and perhaps kick a goal or two. If Mitch was fit enough to go the distance, he'd be a good type whose very strong, a great gut runner, experienced tagger, can hurt going our way too and can hit the scoreboard.

Libba ran with Damgerfield in the game at KP last year after Danger had done some damage early running around by himself. Tom was going pretty well until his ankle went. That's when Danger ran rampant again and they pulled away.

And Macrae had Selwood on toast up until he went off injured.

If those two stay on the field we win that game.

Ozza
01-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Tigers exposed as the pretenders they are, but damn Adelaide are going to take some beating. Especially over there.

Let Adelaide do their damage early. They are playing spectacularly well - but I still reserve judgement on their premiership credentials until they can perform to that high standard late in the season and bring that into the finals.

The crows have had a lot of good regular season teams in the last 19 years.

Ozza
01-05-2017, 12:58 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a club so reliant on two players like Geelong
Adelaide very impressive early days

The key seems to be to hard tag Selwood, stop him getting first possession, and that prevents Danger from getting a lot of his 2nd/clearing possession. Danger looked a bit sore yesterday - didn't have his absolute power.

Bulldog4life
01-05-2017, 01:25 PM
The key seems to be to hard tag Selwood, stop him getting first possession, and that prevents Danger from getting a lot of his 2nd/clearing possession. Danger looked a bit sore yesterday - didn't have his absolute power.

Yes I watched the whole game and I thought Danger seemed to be carrying an injury.

Twodogs
01-05-2017, 04:34 PM
Let Adelaide do their damage early. They are playing spectacularly well - but I still reserve judgement on their premiership credentials until they can perform to that high standard late in the season and bring that into the finals.

The crows have had a lot of good regular season teams in the last 19 years.

I think Neil Craig had them finish on top of the ladder two or three times didn't he and barely won a final.

Ozza
01-05-2017, 05:18 PM
I think Neil Craig had them finish on top of the ladder two or three times didn't he and barely won a final.

Top 4 in 2002, 2005,2006 & 2012.

merantau
01-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Adelaide have begun spectacularly well and are definitely flag favourites. But let's not forget that they capitulated to the Cokers at home in the last round of 2016, beat an ordinary North Melbourne side and then got smashed by Sydney. Downhill skiers maybe?
As for Geelong, putting some work into Dangerwood didn't do the Pies any harm. Pies will make the 8 this year.

Twodogs
01-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Adelaide have begun spectacularly well and are definitely flag favourites. But let's not forget that they capitulated to the Cokers at home in the last round of 2016, beat an ordinary North Melbourne side and then got smashed by Sydney. Downhill skiers maybe?
As for Geelong, putting some work into Dangerwood didn't do the Pies any harm. Pies will make the 8 this year.

They made us work harder for the four points than most teams this year I reckon.